[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just bought this game, never played it before (not underage I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (250KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
250KB, 300x424px
just bought this game, never played it before (not underage I was just a consolefag as a kid)

what should I expect?
>>
Good fun, but it can get repetitive by the 3rd act
>>
A gaem from period when developers were jumping PC ship en masse so PC gamers would buy literally anything.
>>
>>382095995

An enjoyable game.
>>
Do yourself a favor and install the plugy mod before playing, so you can respec whenever you want

makes the game 10X more fun
>>
File: 1479588120682.jpg (160KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479588120682.jpg
160KB, 900x1200px
One of the best action RPG loot games out there.
>>
>>382096365
This.

Also, try playing a sorc. They don't require a lot of gear, and teleport makes getting where you need to be a lot less frustrating.
>>
>>382095995
Realizing the build you came up with sucks in Nightmare
>>
>>382095995
Just remember to play it in single player and use GoMule
>>
>>382098007
>not sticking with your shitty build and winning by sheer willpower

>>382095995
Don't play the newer versions, they are shit. Play 1.09 or earlier. The new versions are meant for autists that have been playing the game for years.

>>382096365
>respeccing whenever
Completely breaks the game. Immunes now mean nothing since you can just respec to a different element mid-fight.
>>
>Don't play the newer versions, they are shit. Play 1.09 or earlier. The new versions are meant for autists that have been playing the game for years.

I wanted to replay this game, as I never played the expansion. I'll only single player. How will the versions past 1.09 affect this?
>>
>>382098795
they made the game harder like five times or something, because people got good. but if youre new it might not be that fun
>>
>>382098795
1.10+ is far more difficult.

>monsters have more life, more damage, more resistances, move faster, have higher spell levels, better AI and in greater numbers
>maps are way bigger and get even larger with each difficulty
>good items are relatively harder to find (before 1.10, magic items made for viable end game equipment, even for melee characters)
>synergies make skill points far too valuable
>melee builds just don't work unless you grind a ton or are a holy freeze paladin
>>
File: 1498077449757.jpg (34KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
1498077449757.jpg
34KB, 800x627px
>>382099143

>melee builds just don't work

But that's wrong, you simpering impfucker.

>Whirlwind
>Frenzy
>Zeal/Holy Shield
>Both Bear & Wolf druids
>Claw/Claw Assassin w/Block

The only melee build that worked pre-1.10 that doesn't work now is Fend and that's just because it relies on a weapon type that hasn't been viable in almost 20 years.
>>
>>382099306
Of course it is wrong, you forgot

>unless you grind a ton

You cannot easily find good equipment post-1.09. Enjoy farming Nightmare Mephisto for days or having to cheat with the Andariel bug to get anywhere with your shit character.
>>
>>382099616

>can't easily find good equipment post 1.09
>Find

That's where you fucked up. Use the Crafting system, nigger. The fucking 3 slot blue Col Blade/Sword recipe exists specifically to give you a starter endgame weapon as a Barb/Druid.

Similar recipes exist for Pally/Assassin/Frenzybarbs.

Leech rings can literally be crafted. +2 skill amulets can literally be crafted.

+2 skill Circlets can literally be gambled out of Gheed with minimal time invested for goldfarming.

I'm sorry that 15-30 elite uniques/set items don't pop out of Hell Diablo the instant you kill him and you actually have to work for your gear or make use of the crafting system.
>>
>>382099815
>crafting

So in other words, you are grinding? Getting leech easily from a blood crafted ring doesn't make up for everything else being trash. Crafting at all is a joke for single player; it requires hundreds of pgems and hundreds of runes that will take weeks to grind up. You might think "oh but Amn runes are so trivial!" Well guess what you retard, the Countess has a 7% chance of dropping one. You will have to craft dozens upon dozens of these to ever get your precious +2. Have fun doing hundreds of Countess runs.

>+2 skill circlets can be gambled
+2 skill circlets use an affix of 90, you fucking dunce. That isn't realistic at all until you've already beaten the game, unless you are going to grind a shitton in the Chaos Sanctuary. Same applies to amulets; you sure as fuck aren't crafting these easily considering it is a rare affix requiring a high level.
>>
File: 1498473618775.png (141KB, 332x340px) Image search: [Google]
1498473618775.png
141KB, 332x340px
>>382100409

>grinding
>literally just collecting gems/skulls while you level and using Gem Shrines on every Flawless Skull you get

Also

>WAHH WAHH WHY DO I HAVE TO DO STUFF IN A LOOT BASED GAME. WHY DOSNT THIS GAME HAVE A MAILBOX THAT JUST CONTAINS THE BEST GEAR I CAN POSSIBLY WEAR AT WHATEVER LEVEL I AM SO I CAN HAVE FUN
>>
>me and my brother played the shit out of this in multiplayer
>brother always came up with crazy build ideas, i.e. war cry barbarians, blood barbarians, mostly just barbarians
>he tells me to buy a wand with lifetap and have it in secondary weapon slot as a melee character
>now I am become invincible

I think it's too bad Blizzard removed so that minions in Chaos Sanctuary couldn't cast Iron Maiden curse anymore. That shit had me on edge everytime I did a Diablo Boss run.
>>
>>382100630
>it isn't grinding because it is a grinding game

Those gems are useless anyways since you'll have to be a high level to use them. You can't start crafting them until level 89, which is way after the end of the game. What is the point of grinding if you can already defeat all the content in the game?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.