[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Hate To Say It, But The Witcher 3 Is Ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

I've put in 20+ hours before I finally called it quits.

The game is overbearing with its story; it does a poor job of explaining what/how you do things, it's too much traveling, Geralt moves so clunky, and lastly fuck having health regenerating enemies.
Maybe it's cause I'm playing on PS4, but I don't why this got so many GOTY awards.
>>
basically normies reviewers thought it was totes awesomesauce like game of thrones
>>
The combat in this game is fucking trash it's literally worse than Witcher 2 combat, and it's super repetitive. When will the open world meme fucking die this game would actually be better if it was linear, instead of muh open world where there's just 7 enemies that are all reskinned.
>>
>>382094224
you did not bother reading up on wht you were trying to kill i see (protip: fire stops health regen)

there is fast travel. there is an alternative movement scheme option which makes him a lot less clunky.

what you call overbearing, other people call "an actual fucking story for once"
>>
>>382094224
CDPR pay for reviews.
>>
>>382094458
>there is fast travel.
Only when you been there already.

>"an actual fucking story for once"
Nigga I play on the PS4 TLOU had some actual fucking story for once
Witcher has the advantage of having its source material come from books
>>
>>382094458
this, learn 2 read OP
>>
File: witchercombat.webm (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
witchercombat.webm
1MB, 900x506px
Explain this.
>>
Wrong on every count OP, no excuse for your faggotry.

Here's a (you)
>>
File: witchercombat2.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witchercombat2.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>382094224
>The game is overbearing with its story
What do you mean overbearing? The story is the driving force behind the game's progression, but you're in no way beholden to do anything you don't want to.

>too much traveling
Literally all you have to do is hold X on roads, plus you unlock fast travel signs in every village.

>Geralt moves so clunky
You get used to it. It's not even bad except for the startup on jogging.

>fuck having health regenerating enemies
You literally never should even notice this unless you're sitting back waiting for enemies to attack. Most enemies only regen like 25 HP per second while your attacks do 100s of damage.
Unless it's something known for regenning like ghouls you'll never notice.
>>
File: witchercombat3.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
witchercombat3.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>
File: enrique-iglesias5.jpg (1MB, 2002x1500px) Image search: [Google]
enrique-iglesias5.jpg
1MB, 2002x1500px
>>382094287
this x1000

if you get a normal off the gym and throw him in front of witcher 3 he will cum

of course; the normal never play a 10/10 Arpg
>>
>>382094626
>Only when you been there already.
You say that like there's something wrong. Stop speed reading and take your time exploring/doing quests
>>
>>382094751
good hitbox
>>
Yeah, the game is complete shit. Most boring story I've ever seen in a game. Combat is clunky. The RPG mechanics are dumbed down dog shit. Inventory and crafting suck. Game is just bad, 2 is the only good game in this series.
>>
>>382094224
imagine being so fucking casual that you are to casual for holdmyhandcher3.
Just fucking kill yourself OP, you are too stupid for this life
>>
>>382095087
Horizon had several of W3's flaws(travel fatigue, excessive dialogue) but I enjoyed the stealth combat and climbing towers. How come I enjoyed that but not W3?
Ever occurred to you it might be overrated?
>>
>>382095549
>excessive dialogue
Fuck off. That's not an issue unless your attention span is that of a goldfish.
>>
File: 3252385-dcyqnkyxoaes9ne.jpg (161KB, 845x710px) Image search: [Google]
3252385-dcyqnkyxoaes9ne.jpg
161KB, 845x710px
>>382094830
>Literally all you have to do is hold X on roads
The Sony Experience
>>
>>382095043
Witcher 1 was the best
Witcher 2 had almost no witcher contracts, and is driven by a more boring story than that of the 3rd game, not to mention short.

>>382095549
You didn't enjoy W3 because you didn't play the first two games. W3 was created ultimately to finish a story that was two games deep, and complaining about "excessive dialogue" leads me to think maybe The Witcher isn't a series for you. Hello Kitty Island Adventures doesn't have a lot of dialogue, and gets right down to the gameplay like you hardcore gamers like it.
>>
>>382095971
>wahh there's too much travelling!
>wahh the automated travel makes it a movie game!
What do you want?
>>
The thing i hate the most about this game is the ridiculous amount of handholding, like the magical gps that tells you exactly where to go and what to do, the detective vision and those question marks. It's somewhat better with ui mods but it's still clear that the game was designed with these things in mind.
>>
>>382096168
>You didn't enjoy W3 because you didn't play the first two games.

Are they that relevant to 3's story, though?
>>
>>382094224
>overbrearing with its story
The story is not for preteens. If you enjoy the quick doses of joy from social media, then you are mentally fucked. It will take you time to start getting used to real shit. Read a book. Watch some older movies.
Do you constantly check your phone when watching movies / tv shows ? You have social media induced ADHD, you can't enjoy witcher 3, because you want quick burts of shitty rewards, your brain is fucked.

It's hard to fix, you'd have to drop your phone, best to take a vacation and go camping for a few weeks. After that you'd enjoy REAL stories and movies a lot more, you won't constantly be looking at your phone *if you decide to even keep it*

Also kys fucking tard
>>
>>382097150
Yes. The events of 1 and 2 directly relate to the setting, characters, and plot of 3.
That's why they're called sequential.
>>
>>382094224
>I Hate To Say It
first lie.
>>
>>382097150
Nigga the King of the Wild Hunt is the boss of the game in W1, and W2 sets up the sociopolitical climate of W3, along with developing the cast as characters.
>>
>>382094552
did they also pay millions of random people for their positive user reviews?
>>
>>382097465
>thinking that the Witcher series has a REAL story
Kill yourself, you fucking infant. It's pleb YA shit stretched so thinly that you can barely consider it content.

Read an actual fucking book for once.
>>
>>382097649
Yes.
I can't understand anything that I don't like and either believe everyone else is functionally retarded or somehow receiving money to lie to me.
>>
>>382097649
You're talking about masses for whom the pinnacle of story telling in games is "remember: NO RUSSIAN".

The Witcher is a subpar WRPG series released in a climate where its best competition is beyond the bottom of the barrel shit like Dragon Age. Compared to that level of story telling, even a dogturd on a plate would seem deep and compelling to young children with no experience with, or desire to play older games.
>>
>>382097720
I really genuinely want to know how old you are.
>>
>>382097732
That's retarded.
You are retarded.
>>
>>382097936
26 buddy, far too old for this board of pre-teens. Witcher does nothing competently, it's an absolute wonder that the series sold so well.
>>
>>382097965
jesus fuckin christ dude, do I need to put a big leddit /s on the end of that to make sure you knew I was being sarcastic?
>>
>>382094662
played through the game like 2+ times and I have never encountered anything like this once
>>
>>382098096
/v/ on infinity is way more mature, just go there. this is just terrible...

People will have opinions on games, it's normal. But this shit about tw3 is really frowned upon due to the devs being gods to gamers and their pro-gamer attitude is something the other big companies miss. Just because of this people look past some of the short comings, and disliking anything about this game is a really great way for autismos to get attention.
>>
>>382094224
The first Witcher didn't really get going till act 4. Overall, it was worth playing because the last two acts were so good that the overall experience was as well even with the first 3 acts pulling it down. I haven't played the second. Just from my experience, CDPR starts slow off the gate and then hits their stride late, keep at it, OP and you may be rewarded in the end.
>>
god damnit i hate fucking game of thrones, and i hate it even more when normies ride this games dick just because 'omg its like game of thronez so epic XDD'

hype really kills. w3 is a great game on its own, weighed down by all the stupid shit surrounding it.
>>
>>382094841
whoa cool a bug happened in a video game.
>>
>>382097649
Marketing change people's mind. The Witcher 3 cost $32M to make, $35M spent on marketing, not to mention the massive invites to youtubers before Witcher 3 release. It's an overrated game thanks to the money. Look at EA, Ubisoft. People hate these companies, still these companies are in the top. Marketing ($$$).
>>
>>382095971
>>Literally all you have to do is hold X on roads

but it's nice that the horse acts like a horse and not so much like a car
>>
Hi, I was robbed.
>>
File: w3dd2.jpg (1MB, 1920x2126px) Image search: [Google]
w3dd2.jpg
1MB, 1920x2126px
>>
>post count 45
>IPs 26
really makes you think
>>
>>382100228
>Roll Slap the spinoff
No you weren't. You were given too much.
>>
>>382094662
>Using a controller
>>
File: 1482514775028.jpg (61KB, 435x879px) Image search: [Google]
1482514775028.jpg
61KB, 435x879px
Sometimes I wonder if the shitheads starting these threads are the true cdpr shills baiting all the people who like the game into proving you wrong. Or you're just desperate for (you)s.
>>
>>382100228

People are comparing witcher 3 to bloodborne now?

Oh give me a fucking break
>>
>>382094662
high ping, australian spotted

>>382094751
aim lower instead of swinging above the dudes head
>>
>>382100407
People have been comparing them since before they each came out. Where were you the past 2 years.
>>
>>382094368
Nothing is worse than w2 combat.
>>
>>382094224
Name similar but better games then?
>>
It's like OP has never played anything resembling an RPG ever. TW3 is already RPG lite.

You will have no chance playing TW2 or TW1.
>>
This game plays way better with mouse + keyboard. It's ass on a controller.
Also, using the alternative movement mode (no idea if Pisspoor has this) fixes the clunkiness.
The combat is only fun when you're playing at the two hardest difficulties, where enemies are lethal and will swarm the fuck out of you rather than take turns swinging. The increased aggressiveness also breaks the cheesy Quen+dodge+fast attack method.
>>
>>382094662
I thought the minimap was the moon.
>>
>>382099023
I've had the opposite experience with Witcher 3. Its first 10 or so hours are its best, and later quests aren't as good (with some exceptions). The main quest in particular goes to shit after Velen.
>>
>>382100991
>You will have no chance playing TW2 or TW1

Yes, because he'll sleep.
>>
It's the only game with bad combat I ever liked. It has to be doing something right in the other departments. If the combat was top tier it would be one of my favorite games ever.
>>
>>382094224
>The game is overbearing with its story
lmao ADD bethcuck detected.
>>
>>382094224
it is,
i really liked the witcher 2 too, so i was excited but it's like they took most of the stuff i liked out. like in the witcher 2 there was like a sort of 'now the real war begins!' ending and the wild hunt was like this scary thing and you're looking forward to perhaps a more compact more action packed game now that the real shit has hit the fan but the witcher 3 is wayyy slower and way more sprawling and disorganized with way less impact, it's like basically an assassin's creed without all the cool historical buildings to climb on
>>
>>382094224
It's good. Lacks replayability and is no skyrim, but it's good.
>>
>>382101781
>Is no Skyrim
Good, first person view for anything other than shooters was a mistake.
>>
>>382094368
>it's literally worse than Witcher 2 combat
So you haven't played Witcher 2 then?
>>
File: 1484753171199.jpg (570KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1484753171199.jpg
570KB, 1152x2048px
>>382094224
>Sonybros still mad that Bloodborne wasn't GOTY
>>
>>382100253
Witcher 3 isn't on max settings in that screenshot.
>>
>>382094662
don't roll all the time
>>
>>382095971
action adventure tps games are in

Sony made a template for those with Uncharted and TLOU they obviously use those.
>>
>>382094224
>I've put in 20+ hours
nobody says this
you say in the story where you quit

"i got up to - and that was just enough"
>>
ok so i recently started w3 and i really like it, but the combat feels so off and clunky. i keep flailing my weapon around, hitting more air than enemy. what am i doing wrong here? It's really starting to narrow down the fun for me
>>
>>382101283
I've been thinking the same thing
The atmosphere and story is really interesting
>>
>>382100662

But Witcher 3 is genuinely a fun game. The Souls games and Bloodborne are only praised so highly because that series has become some kind of teenage safehaven even though it just brought back the NES era difficulty and that's it.

The developers are kind of smart for doing that, easy money.
>>
>>382094224
git gud
>>
>>382094626
>there is fast travel.
Only when you been there already.

Are you fucking retarded, dude? Since when is that a reason to complain. Do you know what the point of an open world RPG is? Explore the fucking world, nigga. Enjoy the sights. Get into encounters, stop at the villages, get quests/contracts.

Or play a Telltale game. It seems that's more up your alley.
>>
>>382100253
They both look good. What's the problem?
>>
>>382094662
I didn't know people were so shit at this game.
>>
>>382097150
>Are Harry Potter books 1-6 relevant to the 7th's story?
>First 2 lord of the Rings to the third?
>Should I watch the first 2 Kung-Fu Panda movies to understand what is happening in the third one fully?

Get smarter you mong.
>>
>>382105492
Also I should emphasize that I've never played the game; I just felt the need to explain to you why you should unfuck yourself.
>>
Basically CDboys shit up this board and the mods never cleaned up the mess
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.