[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 500
Thread images: 62

File: D3.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
D3.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>is the 10th most selling games OF ALL TIME (selling over 30 million copies)
>servers are completely dead
>barely has any viewers on twitch
>failed so hard that the second expansion that was in works was broken down into patches instead (hence why they patched in new regions and now the Necromancer, it was supposed to be part of the second addon)

What the fuck happened? The even with the release of the Necromancer, nobody cares about this game. What went so wrong?
>>
If you played Diablo 2 you would understand.
>>
>>382092246
bland grindy corridor simulator with no charm and even less build variety.

path of exile is better and completely free.
>>
Op fuck you and your shitty bait the game was dead on arrival.
>>
File: diablo3_release_date.jpg (70KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
diablo3_release_date.jpg
70KB, 550x365px
>>
>>382092374
>zero respect for fans
>>
75% of the sales were blizzdrones
>>
replaying just one act of diablo 2 gives me a more rewarding experience than grinding paragon 2k or gr 87 to get my armor to give 500 stat instead of 467
>>
>ruin the dark brooding aesthetics that made the originals so comfy
>lol we'll just run with the joke that our cartoon graphics are quirky
>stupid auction house
>stupid online requirements

The lesson is that you can only fuck so much with the feel of a game.
Making a commercialized piece of shit designed to run on everyones computers and have no ambitions in gameplay, story or visuals will give you mediocre results.
>>
>7 year old game
>Waah why arent' people playing
>>
Because people were expecting diablo 3 after diablo 2. They bought it and got diablo .5.
>>
File: 00158476.gif (1MB, 204x207px) Image search: [Google]
00158476.gif
1MB, 204x207px
>>382092246
It didn't have pvp. Really that's the issue. The pvp builds of Diablo 2 vastly outnumbered the pve ones. Diablo 2 did invading before dark souls did. Nobody seems to remember these things though.
>>
>>382092357
This.

Plus the RMAH fiasco and the fact that you can complete the game in a couple of hours and then just do the missions & portals ad nauseam. Also they shoehorn you into a specific build every season with the legendary gear because the bonuses are too OP to ignore.
>>
D3 is what happens when you allow WoW niggers touch anything.
WoW literally ruined Blizzard.
>>
>>382092570
People are still playing D2 you nonce
>>
>>382092246
>10th most selling games OF ALL TIME (selling over 30 million copies)

reminder this includes all the copies blizzard gave away for free to people who subbed to wow a year in advance so the total is extremely padded.
>>
>>382092246
The way difficulty scales up doesn't really help like you think it would.

The game should be really hard on the lowest setting but not so bad that your getting insta-killed by every mob.

I remember getting a triple socketed shield with diamonds to go into hell difficulty on D2.

With Diablo 3 its just farm up your set then build towards whatever fotm build is crushing torments.

Basically once you get to the highest torment, and it doesn't take more than maybe 10 hours total to get there you stay there forever.

There is no progression and honestly with how things scale up I can't imagine there being any in the first place.

The Wizard literally goes from shit to amazing with one set because of how they balanced everything.

Honestly I would just scrap what they have and rebuild the game from the base level up.

Let people fuck up builds and make terrible characters. Not everything has to be balanced or easy to use.
>>
Only 1-2 viable builds per character
endless aoe grinding to get that build in ancient condition.. even more if you want it primal
Boring fights, you either take no damage or get one hit
Maps are random but all look feel the same ending up making it feel like your just always lost in the same spot.
>>
>>382092246
>muh twitch
nigger, do you see cod on twitch? fucking thing sells more im sure
>>
>>382092763
The numeric difficulty scaling of the diablo games has always been retarded. If I were to give you a character and you couldn't see its stats and I told you it was crazy gear that lets you survive in torment 4000 you'd never know if I gave you a shit gear character and set you on normal without looking at the numbers. It hardly effects gameplay at all.
>>
>>382092665
Vivendi-Activision killed Blizzard. Stop fucking blaming retard players for buying product that they retardedly want. It was the parent company that dictated that they decided to want to start selling the lowest common denominator in gaming.
>>
There's ridiculous problems with the balance.
Compared to any other of the genre, it takes AGES to kill enemies, which makes you constantly requiring more and more offensive gear and it ends up being MMO levels of gear rush instead of healthy ARPG drop-based builds. There's no git gud.
You need sets to be even remotely into any of the higher difficulties. It's too arcadey to justify anything and there's no end game boss raid shit to build up to. You just get stronger for the next number difficulty which is the same but with higher health mobs. Big deal.

The story is an insult to anyone's intelligence. It's so absurdly childish that it makes Kirby a mature game.

I'm not even going to start with the awful decisions they made when they released the game.
>>
>>382092912
>fucking thing sells more im sure

It doesn't, the best selling CoD is Black Ops which sold 26 million compared to D3 30 million.
>>
>>382092665
Hardl considering diablo devs came to ruin wow just this xpac with their shiz ass legendary system complete with obvious shoehorning.
The better question is why is that same team still fucking working there?
>>
>>382092608
Because pvp in these games have always sucked dick, D2 included. You are the minority.

BTW if you had paid attention at all you'd know D3 did have pvp mode.
>>
>>382093368
I actually think they have been removing people that worked on it discreetly
>>
>>382092246

Nothing went wrong. It's an old game and the genre (isomorphic looter RPG) is niche as fuck to begin with.
>>
>>382093426
No it doesnt it. They didnt add the promised multiplayer mode.
>>
In terms of game mechanics, it resembles wow more than diablo. Basically had no idea what made diablo and diablo 2 so good and thought they could do better.
>>
>>382093426
>I never played d2 battle.net
How many fucking pvp specific builds were there compared to pve? You think people cared about the end game bosses of diablo 2? You're delusional. The whole point of making characters online was to kill people then nk them while spamming 6 on the number pad.
>>
>>382093489
>this level of underage redditor
>>
>What the fuck happened?

They took everything from Diablo 2 then threw it away. And then turned the game into Disgaea.
>>
>>382092246
Nostalgic factor is done.
Minus it, diablo and ARPGs in general are just shitty cheaply made chinese MMOs.
>>
>>382093689
They just never cashed in enough on the nostalgia train of d2
>>
What skills are you guys running on fresh 70 necros
>>
>>382092246
uh the game is a fucking insult to its legacy and should have never been released, same thing with sc2. blizzard is a horrible company compared to that it used to be.
>>
>>382092246
>What went so wrong?

First of all: Core design, which was based around Real Money Auction House. This was the single fillar of the entire game, and they even sacrificed content like pvp to push it through.

Second thing: Dev's having no idea how to make/balance hack&slash game. From enemies beeing indestructible while jumping, over-nerfing player-designed builds to only endgame-set builds mattering and forcing players to play in groups to be competitive.

Then, once it became clear that they won't be able to milk the shit out of it with RMAH, they basically abbandonned the project after RoS. Now they just want to squeeze anything from it with 15$ dlc offering classes that they told there wouldn't be in D3 in the first place.

TL:DR
Failed "we wan't the console's audience" cashgrab.
>>
>>382093782
Then why are people still playing diablo 2?
>>
>>382094068
D2 is mainly populated by bots.
Anyway, there are more players in D3 than in D2.
>>
>>382092246
>Look forward to playing Diablo 3 with a new class.
>15 bucks little man, put that shit, in my hand.
Nah.
>>
>>382094064
>From enemies beeing indestructible while jumping, over-nerfing player-designed builds to only endgame-set builds mattering and forcing players to play in groups to be competitive.
You just described D2 btw
>>
Someone give me a video of why the auction house was hot garbage. Please and thank you.
>>
The problem with Blizzard in general is that you can only place premium price on subpar products for so long. There's nothing 60$ Overwatch does that F2P Paladins don't, for example.
>>
>>382094206
>I never played Diablo 2.
>>
>>382092246
>Barely has any viewers on twitch
And we wonder why gaming sucks hairy asshole.
You're literally everything that's wrong in this world.
>>
File: clag.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
clag.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>>382092246
>nobody cares about this game
>is the 10th best selling game ever
>>
>>382093427
No amount of firing or team rebuilding can save Legion now, but perhaps the next expac can be better.
Doubtful though.
>>
>>382094573
Some people on /v/ live in their own filter bubble. Just like /pol/ but with less nazis
>>
>>382094573
They gave D3 to everyone who extended WoW subscription for 1 year+, then they put it into statistics as "bought".
>>
Remove all character builds

Litterally copy paste Call of Duty's loadout system instead of actually having a skill system

Make the only items worth a fuck bound to account
>>
>>382092246
>The even with the release of the Necromancer, nobody cares about this game.
>Pay to play
>>
The game was made too fast paced.
The grind to 70 is really quick.
Inbuilt effective builds for every class.
Greater ease of optimisation through gems and item modification.

And then it grinds to a halt when the slow grind for perfect items starts. And now perfect perfects.

Technically it is a refinement of everything diablo 2 did, but made for the greatest number of people possible.
>>
>>382094731
Yes. And then they basically give out WoW in China to anyone who passes with their phone nearby WiFi spot. Blizzard sales numbers don't mean shit.
>>
>>382092669
How many?
How many in a not pirated version?
Stop calling others stupid when you are a moron.
>>
>>382094573
Anyone who was still subbed for Cataclysm got it for free, and that counts as a sale.

As well, its blizzard, they don't do refunds, and it takes about 20 hours of boredom hoping the game picks up until you figure out the game is just shit.
>>
>>382093939
It was about raping everything that the first two diablo games standed for, if you haven't realized that after completely meaningless Cain's death scene
>>
>>382094147
Is that the fucking bible?
>>
>>382094147
This.
>>
>>382094573
Its blizzard

They like to use big buzzwords to sell shit.

Thats like saying overwatch sold millions, that doesn't mean millions play it, its also like saying WOW is still has a subscriber base despite the fact 90% of people now just play for the prepatch and initial questlines then quit before the Raid or Die phase of the expansion starts.
>>
I bought gauntlet off steam a few days ago and really enjoyed it, is diablo3 the same as that? In terms of control system too.
>>
>>382095364
Nope
>>
>>382095364
Diablo 3 is basically chinese MMO with slightly better polish and premium price. Lots of monsters are probably literally taked from scrapped MMO projects.
>>
>>382092246
Too much streamlining to the point where everyone is playing exactly like the devs intended, which is the opposite of what you want in a hack & slash. It plays like an action game with a limited amount of skills, you can only get as strong as the game allows you to since gear has only one or two stats that matter for your class.
>>
>>382096248
>since gear has only one or two stats that matter for your class.
+x to all skills and +x enhanced damage?
>>
>>382092246
Playing rifts is kind of fun, but it would need another full blown, big expansion.
They seemed like they had a good direction with Reaper of Souls and now they decided to just let the franchise die and stopped giving a fuck about it.
I have no idea if a Diablo 4 will ever come. I just want more high budget action RPGs.
>>
File: SFfCd8v[1].png (115KB, 803x685px) Image search: [Google]
SFfCd8v[1].png
115KB, 803x685px
>>382096380
Pretty much.
Every piece of gear has to have your class specific stat to be even considered usable for your class.
Each of the primary attributes (Strength, Dex, Int) give 1% more damage to a specific class, so all you do is hunt for an item that rolls your attribute, then hope the rest is good enough, there's no subtlety to gearing up, an item is either better or worse, or it's not for your class at all.

https://www.diablowiki.net/Attributes
>>
>>382097628
and just when you thought you got good enough gears

fuck you, there's this thing called ancient now, go back to farming

just when you think you finally got all ancient gears...

fuck you, there's this thing called primal ancient now, go back to farming

it's a dumbass way to keep people playing, so i quit
>>
File: impersonation.jpg (88KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
impersonation.jpg
88KB, 475x356px
>>382092246
>selling over 30 million copies

You propably are not very familiar with Activision-Blizzard's creative ways to count their players.
>>
File: 1498638662485s.jpg (2KB, 57x125px) Image search: [Google]
1498638662485s.jpg
2KB, 57x125px
I'm astounded by the sheer incompetence of nu-Blizzards employees.

Pic related is the "Assassin" class from Diablo 2. Se the multilayered protections she has on her legs? The game's designers took inspiration for the armors of certain Asian warriors (mainly samurai), which featured said multilayered design, as part of her skill tree is also inspired by Asian martial arts.

That class has that feature in her design, and it's unique to her. Other classes feature different design patterns, each unique to them. Furthermore, each class plays rather differently.

The first thing I spot when seeing OP? Multilayered armor and a steampunky corset. Wtf. Worst thing is, every other class already features multilayered armor. And that reflects the fact that every other class feels much samey mechanically than they did in Diablo 2.

I understand they making them more mechanically similar to keep the game balanced. It's an aberration, but I understand it. But why the fuck make all the classes use the same aesthetic cues?

Fuck Blizzard, and fuck every single one of you who pays money for their shitty products.
>>
>>382092246
Don't put any importance in the copies sold. Besides what people have mentioned with the promotions, a large, large amount of sales were pre-orders and day1 buys. So many of us who played D1 and D2 for years fell for the hype train.

Here's an incomplete list of disappointment that came with launch:
>The plot was a joke, maybe even an insult.
>The atmosphere just felt off in certain parts.
>Four primary stats (str, dex, int, vit). Two of them are 100% useless depending on your class.
>Items that were obviously meant for only one specific class, such as IK set, could roll the useless primary stats instead of the useful one.
>Legendary items and set items were worthless, and always worse than rare items.
>Items with a lower ilvl were always worse, always. No such thing as farming a specific enemy level for certain items.
>Inferno difficulty tier was thus required for best loot. Except they never balanced it. They just took the settings their internal team could barely handle (barely fail?) and then doubled them.
>A majority of the maps involve zero random gen.
>And thus rmt bots (lol rmah) easily farmed gold.
>Yeah we're just gonna nerf gold drop and even remove it from some places, sucks for you players!
>I know we showed you skill gems just before release, but we decided that was too complicated. We took away the customization it offered and gave everybody runes!
>>
>>382092702
>year in advance so the total
So, like a million people?
>>
>>382092246
The release of the necromancer was just poor business practice. $15 for one class is stupid as fuck, they needed actual content. There was no 2nd expansion.
>>
>>382092357
its not that theres less, its that you don't have to grind a new character up. You just switch it up.
Theyre the exact same, but because you invested more time into a d2 build, it's apparently better
>>
>>382092246
>servers are completely dead
What? Do people really WANT to play Diablo with random internet strangers? What's the appeal in that? I've played with friends a few times and that was alright, but how the hell would strangers improve the experience?
>>
>>382094283

Bought the game for $60 found a pattern that sold for $70 in the AH. Seemed pretty awesome to me
>>
>>382092357
poe is trash how tf do people play it

and you call diablo bland...haha
>>
If you are not american the price is even more stupid.
Then again blizzard has sold mounts and skins for about this price.
>>
>>382100712
I made 160€ out of the RMAH when it came out then I stopped playing.

200 hours played too so it was good value.
>>
>>382092246
People complain that there was no longevity but Blizzard doesn't care, they already made their money so why bother with further development. If they could still gouge people with the RMAH they probably would've continued development.
>>
>>382092246
>this hasn't been posted yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ_XT3oWtY
>>
File: jaywilly.jpg (180KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
jaywilly.jpg
180KB, 640x449px
fuck you losers. like my game.
>>
>>382092357
there is plenty to criticize about D3, but pretending a clunky glorified fan made rip off is any better or even equivalent is disillusion.
>>
>>382100468
the point is the game is always online so when the servers are empty it means nobody is playing it you massive mong
>>
>>382092246
The hype sold this shit;
>>
Simple fact is they sucked a lot of people into buying D3.
It had a huge following and people cant be blamed for being sucked in as they radically altered the thing before launch and cut content wih a chainsaw.
Shit game and business practices.
>>
>>382101376

This, the game was being hailed as the fucking second coming of Christ and was thought to cure cancer. Cue the thousands of angry sperging when the game turned out to be online only, RMAH, having a saturday morning cartoon tier plot and so on.
>>
>>382092246
>thinking sales due to name brand actually means anything

Why do fags always mention sales?
>>
>>382101119
Nice. I read recent that someone sold an item in the rmah days for thousands. Funny as hell because the game is shit and the item now is a trash drop.
>>
Just bought the Necromancer add on for 22 bucks lads
>>
>>382101628
Faggot
>>
Don't you dare (you) me with your greasy little hands you POE peasant
>>
>>382092246
Trust the proof, don't trust the shills

t. cuck who lined up for it and played up to Diablo 20th anniversary event
>>
>>382101683
Ironically they stripped a whole lot of the anniversary event items from my hero when i logged in and awarded me some thing i never got. The games broken as fuck.
>>
>>382092246
>>382101261

More like

>creators of Diablo giving me constructive criticisms?
>lol fuck those losers
>>
With geniuses like this giving money to Blizzard why would you care about making a good game.

>i got 4 hours of fun out of it. meh, i wasted far more money, for far less.

>I dont care about the money sir, i gladly said i support blizzard. The necro is terrible, and the game is not any better with the necro, i gladly give 15 dollars hoping it goes towards something useful later. i expected 15 dollars for 15 minutes.

>I dont even care about the Necro. 15$ is worth the two extra stash tabs and character slots.
>>
>>382101823
Hes saying it to everyone. His last interview pissed me off even more he basically washed his hands of it and admitted to not giving a shit shit about design.
I also found out he has a hand in ruining other franchises.
>>
pretty much every alternative to diablo 3 is better so whats the point.
>>
>>382092246
thing with diablo 3 is blizzard blew all the goodwill they've been accumulating since diablo 2 as people expected a sequel.
>>
File: dosh.jpg (78KB, 951x394px) Image search: [Google]
dosh.jpg
78KB, 951x394px
>>382101567
I thought the rmah was removed when the expansion came out, and 250€ was the max you could sell an item for if I remember correctly.
>>
>>382101981
Some people sold stuff off the site
>>
File: 1469189771922.jpg (150KB, 494x584px) Image search: [Google]
1469189771922.jpg
150KB, 494x584px
>>382092246
Why would you play Diablo 3 if you can play Nioh?
>>
>>382102008
i mean on a third party site.
>>
>>382092246
Reaper of souls is fairly fun to play, not very fun to watch.

Once.

It's actually a fairly decent game.
>>
>>382101978
>Blowing goodwill
I'm pretty sure they don't give a fuck about goodwill anymore. Look at Overwatch and how it sold. It sold because there are just so many fucking people buying Blizzard product because of brand recognition alone.

Fuck whoever supported them in the past. They don't care and they don't need to care.
>>
>>382102185
>Fuck whoever supported them in the past.
The only thing the same about Blizzard from back in the day is the name.
>>
>still can't see numbers for hp/resources above their globes
>still can't move while area (tab) map is open
>still can't rebind M1 & M2
>still no option to turn other players' ability effects transparent
>still can't trade
>still can't move retarded destruction, kill streak etc messages to chat window

>charm bag still dead. would've been fantastic gold sink gambling for charms
>dex changed from dodge to armor because whiny babies
>legendaries drop like candy because of whiny babies
>socket system barely a sidegrade of D2's socket system
>massive number inflation everywhere
>rares completely trash tier

This $15 Necro DLC + big patch sure made big changes! Now there's weekly challenge rifts to get more useless crafting mats! Oh boy!
>>
End game is strange. You just grind rifts hoping you get that one item or a minor upgrade.

Then you feel like you're not getting enough so you look up the cookie cutter build to maximize damage. So you can go into higher rifts for the chance of more items. Then you just hold one button hoping for the enemy to die.

The games a fucking dumpster fire. Not to mention the cringy dialogue and that they killed off deckard cain the first opportunity they had like, why?
>>
What I wanna know is why not just give up on Diablo 3 and just start 4? Everyone kinda gave up on this game already and every path and expansion is just delaying the inevitable
>>
>>382102341
Normal games arent supposed to have end games. They have side quests, new expansions, sandbox modes and multiplayer pvp or pve.
End content is an mmo thing and why this game sucks ass.
>>
>>382102368
What makes you think that 4 will be any better?
You're going to preorder it just based on the name aren't you
>>
File: 1497321536787.png (263KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
1497321536787.png
263KB, 500x454px
>>382100117
>Wants me to take note of the finer points of the picture he posted
>Post a pixilated mess of a thumbnail
>>
>>382102368
I have a theory that they wont touch diablo ever again. Its too adult for the people working there. They want to make super heroes and ponys.
>>
>>382102457
This is the kind of person that will say things like this then say Diablo 2 was good.

opinion discarded.
>>
>>382102632
you know you have to be over 18 to post here right?
>>
>>382092619
>Also they shoehorn you into a specific build every season with the legendary gear because the bonuses are too OP to ignore.
This is wrong
>>
File: Jan_Matejko_Staczyk.jpg (629KB, 2500x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Matejko_Staczyk.jpg
629KB, 2500x1870px
>>382102469
>Preorder
But I'd buy it after the first price drop
>>
File: sffdsfsd.jpg (63KB, 943x440px) Image search: [Google]
sffdsfsd.jpg
63KB, 943x440px
>pixelated shitty picture that looks like absolute shit
>buy now
>>
Diablo 3 isn't the worst game I've ever played. There are good things about it. It's just not worth putting much time into and doesn't make you want to keep coming back like Diablo 2 did.

I'd buy the expansion and necromancer if they sold them combined to me for say $10 but not a penny more.
>>
>>382102732
Dont you have ps2 nostalgia?
>>
>>382101192
Was this supposed to be funny? Cringy as fuck.

Here, let me make a better youtube video with just words.

>Diablo 3 spoilers.
>Its a video of a dog taking a shit.
>Then the dog turns around and eats its own shit.
The end.
>>
>>382092246

>friend has been playing this for the past few weeks almost constantly

>literally asked me if he should get 2 or 3 and I told him 2,because it's waaay better in pretty much every way

>"hurr dee durr 3 is new I'll get that and not even take your advice imto account nor research 2 but I'll research 3 lol"

He doesn't know what he's missing by not playing 2 and it's pissing me the fuck off. Not to mention he barely fucking responds to anything I say because of this stupid fucking game. I hate d3.
>>
Friend is trying to hype this up to me again because necromancer stuff. I remember looking into changes sometime around reaper of souls and deciding it wasn't worth spending more money on. I just have one question: Can I make a MF barb that I can use to farm gear for other classes effectively?
>>
>>382101674

(you)
>>
>>382100782

Considering the game is getting a massive overhaul and probably one of the biggest expansion in the gaming history, you might want to update your information.

D3 failed because it's shit in every way.
>>
>>382102690
I have no idea where you got the idea that i'm under 18

Considering I'm indirectly defending Diablo 2's gameplay.

Stating that a non mmo game shouldn't have an end game is fucking retarded. Diablo 2 was driven on an end game economy, and it's why it was a good game.
>>
>>382092325
?
I hate this ps3 gen meme
All people who I know that played diablo 2 for sure back then liked it well enough, /v/ is the only place where newfags pretends to be oldfags and spread bullshit, just like wotlk kids who pretends that they played vanilla
It's failed because no games in any genre can hold many people for long
>>
>>382103165
Are you talking about making a MF barb in D3? If so why bother? The fact that you'll get 99.9% STR items and the majority of legendaries being tailored to barbs which means very rarely will you get a quiver or source makes MFing for another class pointless. Also MF was neutered in D3
>>
You gotta admit. Blizzard sucks at alot of things, but selling games isn't one of them.
>>
I enjoy the gameplay and how flexible you are about changing the loadout of your character to try out new builds within an instant, but the itemization system is pretty meh
>>
Paragon 215 reporting. You faggots are the biggest fuckin crybabies, ever. I can't even remember D2 and I've had plenty fun and will continue to have more fun on D3. Stay mad, fatass.
>>
I played it in 2013 even tho I never played any other Diablo, my blizzcuck friend wouldn't stop shilling it and saying we would play together, oh boy, what a mistake that was, I wish I had my money back and that friend bought the dudebro shooter of the month so he did not even play that shit with me
>always online for single player
>looks like utter shit
Gave up after around 12 hours, remember I arrived in the generic desert region with sneks and shiet
>>
>>382103692
>215
bait
>>
>>382103316
>Diablo 2 was driven on an end game economy, and it's why it was a good game.
You almost never reached level cap in diablo 2. And ubers weren't added for a long, long time. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>382103692
Can you power level me and buy the necromancer pack for me
>>
>>382103434
Thanks. Enough reason for me to justify not giving them any more money. I guess they still treat this game like an progression MMO instead of the loot funbox it was supposed to be.
>>
>>382103585
D3 addon sold like shit though
>>
>>382102341
>He doesn't want to do 1 billion dps then get one shot by an unavoidable jailer attack

Or whatever kills you now, i don't give a fuck.
>>
>>382092246
fatfuck jay wilson
>>
>>382104118

Mortar. I was having a blast trying a hardcore character for the first time, it actually added something to play a lot more carefully since you can just never die.

Nearly every class has some sort of "cheat death" passive that allows you to dodge death and escape for a moment, at the cost of wasting like a minute before you can reliably get back to combat. I, however, despite having it proc decided to keep pushing the Greater Rift since I was doing a pets build and my pets were way ahead. It was all going well until a random elite pack moved in at the speed of light and one-shot me from full health from a very long distance before I could even react thanks to mortar. I was tanking most other hits just fine, absolute bullshit.

Perhaps it was my fault for even risking, but it seems unfair the game punishes me with instant death when nothing else ever broke 20% hp in a single hit no matter how strong.
>>
>>382092246
Well. Not just Diablo, but they wanted to make most of their games for a wider audience.

Some Activision guy saw all the potential money and got spooked at the thought of losing some.

So they drive safe and try to please everyone. Not just the core fans, they'll get their fix.
Look, we're making that game you used to play again

What I miss the most is the isolation in diablo
But I'm a musicfeelfag manipulated by nostalgia
>>
>>382103142
I have stopped trying get ppl into d2 when I know they are younger them me
>>
Diablo 4 needs to be a third person arpg with a large interconnected open world and a health system that isn't shit
>>
I would have gone back to this game if they released a new expansion pack instead of character DLC. They admitted themselves that the game is dead by not giving a shit, they are going to whore out Overwatch and microtransactions for the next 20 years and that's that, Blizzard is dead just like Valve.
>>
>>382105241
it's not blizzard and valve's fault that certain things make them a lot of money
>>
>>382092246
the genre itself has fallen off as expected but diablo is a legit uninspired game,the first iteration probably was quite decent but then they had to do it light shaded light hearted etc and fk it up (yes the franchise called DIABLO) the setups are boring ,theres little to be done build wise and blizzard decides which specific meta a class has to follow to find some success.

on the other hand you have PoE a jewel to the genre,the only modern game of it that is worth playing,better in every manner made by people passionate about their shit,why would you pay to eat the shit blizzard comes out with on a game that has the LOWEST PRIORITY in their list ( if its even in the list desu ) when you could download and play a game,for free, better in every department which is constantly patched,gets more content every few months ,is more competitive while letting you do your own builds and more.blizzard has been serving shit for far too long only being in business cause of their "brand"
>>
>>382103316
Player developed economies are not a developer created end game. You dumbshit.
>>
>>382104049
Heres Diablo 3 in a nutshell
>Play retarded storyline, yardayardaya
>reach level 70 after a week or so of playing
>make new character half way through season
>get boosted to level 70 in half an hour
>start working towards your characters gear set
>get gear set, start working towards the same gear with better specs
>maybe do some rifts, level some gems up while looking for gear with better specs
>keep looking for gear with better specs
>two weeks later, still looking for gear with better specs to increase your dps by 2%
>2 months later, still looking for get with better specs, season about to end, time to make new character, get boosted to level 70, look for gear for your character, start looking for gear with better specs, again
>>
>>382092246
I'm pretty sure Terraria has sold more than 30 million copies.
>>
>>382092246
One of my most regretted purchases, along with WoD

My past as a blizzdrone is something that will forever shame me
>>
File: 12215363.jpg (28KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
12215363.jpg
28KB, 448x545px
I got banned quite some time ago, what are the chances of getting unbanned by Blizzard?

I so wanna play the Necro but i dont want to buy vanilla again...
>>
>>382106248
Pathetic
>>
The story, setting and general atmos is a spit in the face to anyone that enjoyed D2.

"There's no such thing as demon's uncle" cliche fucking dumb bitch character who doesn't believe in demons when skellingtons are raising up out of the ground in front of her face.
Killing Cain outta nowhere.
Lazy copy paste surrounds progression as D2 but throw in heaven after hell.

Instead of treating the story like a continuation they scrapped everything and started everything anew treating the player like a dumbfuck.

inb4 >story
This includes the setting and imagery, all ARPGs are grindy as fuck, you want something to help you enjoy the wasted time, Grim Dawn at least has a consistent and interesting presentation with tons of journals to read and shit. Diablo had a few voicelines written for plebs. A shame because they had some good VA's and D2's story progression was so good.
>>
>>382106248
How did you get banned? I botted for two weeks straight one time and didn't get anything.
>>
>>382106308
who gives a shit they have adventure mode now
>>
>>382092513
remember when blizzard employees went around wearing rainbow shirts and literally added a rainbow pony level into the game?

total lack of respect for diablo 1 + 2 led to a shitty sequel
>>
Thanks for d1, d2, wc2 and sc blizzard thanks for the memories. Bye
>>
>>382105084

Ironically my friend is older than me.
>>
>>382092246
Most of the people who bought this shit are chinese. And they have shit taste in games, and mainly bought it to RMT.
>>
>>382103142
>it's waaay better in pretty much every way
eh, not really.
>>
Only faggots like Diablo 3.

/thread
>>
>>382101192
kek
>>
>>382106474
that level was hilarious
>>
>>382106315
Its pretty autistic really:

>my brother who barely ever plays vidya with me actually asks me to play D3 with him
>play for months
>one day he comes to me and tells me he got banned by Blizzard for nothing
>my autistic self starts sending tickets asking why
>Blizzard tells me because he was cheating
>cant accept that like the dumbass i am and actually go find cheats for money to give to my bro from my account so we can get back to playing where we left off on a friends account
>banned
>pretend i didnt cheat
>Blizzard doesent care
>after awhile my brothers account gets unbanned randomly
>im still banned because i was too autistic and thought helping my brother by cheating myself was a smart idea
>>
>>382092246
Completely lost the charm that Diablo 2 had.

Homogenized characters a little too much, every character has the same resource shit. DH is the only one that feels unique. Every character has a cheat death, every character has a travel ability, etc.

Launch was a complete disaster, uniques were so incredibly rare and 96% of them were completely terrible.

RMA ruined game for a ton of people, buying power was FUCKING retarded. People literally valued gold find above every other stat because of it.

Removing potions/scrolls was a good idea for the most part. Playing d2 again I never realized how much of my inventory was literally just potions and scrolls.

Bosses are objectively better in d3 also.

Act4 was shit though.

D3 music is pretty boring, no real mysterious or ambient music it's all loud fluff epic music that doesn't have any charm.
>>
>>382106578
lol only faggots /thread their own posts
>>
>>382106663

>2017
>getting trolled on /v/

That fresh summer scent.
>>
>>382106712
>merely pretending!

XD
>>
>>382092246
I bought diablo 3 + expansion for $20 bucks on sale, for that price I thought it was okay.

I'm not a fan of blizzard, but diablo 3 was -okay- at best.

I feel it doesn't have much replayability and I don't have any friends to play with
>>
>>382106612
people that get salty about the joke level are the most anti fun types ever. out of all the things to shit on a game for it's the joke levels. that's sad.
>>
File: onlypretending.png (2KB, 244x226px) Image search: [Google]
onlypretending.png
2KB, 244x226px
>>382106712
Not him but
>>
>>382106554

The only advantage 3 has over 2 is that you don't have to click on every single gold pile. But that doesn't matter much because gold isn't really worth anything regardless.
>>
>>382106756
it's not about the level, it's what it tells you about blizzard attitude
>>
>>382106808
nah
>>
>>382106741
>>382106712
>>382106663
>>382106578
Stop samefagging you manchild
>>
>>382101303
this
>>
>>382106837
cry harder lol

>>382106864
embarrassing
>>
>>382106741
>>382106806
>>382106864

trold hard lamo
>>
>>382106756
Its really not funny. Its the humour level of the average reddit user that shitposts on 4chan
>>
>>382103359
The only people that would still play d3 today are those still playing d2
>>
>>382106958
I doubt any serious d2 players would accept the downgrade to d3
>>
>>382106958
This is probably the most untrue thing I've heard all year. I played Diablo 2 back then, I'm playing Diablo 3 now. And it sure looks like all the D2 nostalgiafags are the people who hate and stay away from D3 the most, even if they don't play either these days and haven't for like 10 years.
>>
>>382106864
>>382106928
>>382106806
the legendary triple personality samefagging. it's been a while since I've seen this
>>
>>382092357
>path of exile is better
haha
>>
File: maxresdefault(39).jpg (94KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(39).jpg
94KB, 1600x900px
>>382092325
Yeah I liked Diablo 2 because it was still a SINGLE PLAYER game at heart. Story, characters, music, atmosphere, lore was all top notch.

But it was a different time. I don't even consider Diablo 3 to have any connection to the previous games.

Blizzard just leveraged the Diablo name because it is iconic.
>>
With any luck, once they're done with Starcraft Remastered, they'll do Diablo and/or Diablo 2
>>
File: btfo.png (7KB, 535x108px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
7KB, 535x108px
>>382107073

Hows summer treating you?
>>
>>382104852
Indeed hardcore is fucked.

It's pointless if the game suddenly decides you will die because it randomly generated something nobody can survive.

Hardcore is about calculation and taking risks. It's like if you're competing in a marathon and somebody stops you half way and says you can't move forward any more.
>>
>>382107168
>le summer meme

but in all seriousness wasn't that disproven?
>>
>>382107138
Kind of just want wc3 remastered tbhfam
>>
>>382107338
you think you do but you don't
>>
I pray to god that no one buys this game. I hope only one hundred buy it because this hobby is going down the drain.
>>
File: rip.png (9KB, 562x115px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
9KB, 562x115px
>>382106928

>>382106745
You know, this brings up a good point with you not having friends to play with. Because I don't think I've played D3 on my own since a bit before Reaper of Souls.

I'm still enjoying the game and having a good time with Necro, but I AM on voice with a friend doing two necros together. I'm not trying to say the game is "better with friends" because anything is, but perhaps that is the only reason I'm playing as long as I am. Diablo 3 singleplayer would be very lonely, I imagine.
>>
File: fettsch_m.gif (11KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
fettsch_m.gif
11KB, 633x758px
>>382107375
>>
File: 1495531531350.jpg (100KB, 736x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1495531531350.jpg
100KB, 736x1119px
>>382103264

Diablo 3 is pretty shit, but PoE is even crappier, it's not even satisfying to kill shit

both games require no thought to play

loot is really bad in diablo 3 and poe but for different reasons, which is basically the main draw of these games besides the action

diablo 3 barely outdoes poe because the action is a little better, but I guess PoE has a good amount of loot/resource grind and RNG if you really have that autism

i think that covers pretty much everything
>>
File: Smug_9d906d_5762907[1].jpg (42KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_9d906d_5762907[1].jpg
42KB, 600x476px
>>382107323

You are a clear example that it wasnt.
>>
>beat game on easy with m8
>get refund same week becuase servers were down so much
>>
>>382095154
The HOLY fucking bible, son
>>
>>382107481
>got a refund and they let me keep it
>>
>>382107435
>it's not even satisfying to kill shit

when did you last try it? they improve the animations/sounds/effects often so it feels better
>>
>>382107610
>b-ut it's better n-now
t. Blizzard shill
>>
File: Y16Smjg.gif (971KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Y16Smjg.gif
971KB, 500x300px
>>382107441
c'mon man you know ill be here for at least a month after fall starts
>>
Ill laugh pretty hard if they release D3 2.0
>>
File: 1435846342847.png (404KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1435846342847.png
404KB, 853x480px
>>382092357
>path of exile is better
>>
>>382107610

Few months ago, but I didn't play for long. I also don't like the microtransaction shop even if it's non-p2w besides the stash, it leaves a bad taste

>>382107702
lmao did you even read the posts retard
>>
>>382107859
oh but it is
>>
>>382107907

except for the part where poe shills can never explain why it's better (it's not, they are both shit)
>>
>>382107702
I think your hateboner for Blizzard is blinding your reading comprehension a bit. Read again.
>>
>>382101823

Like he had anything to talk about with Hellgate London.
>>
>>382092246
Loot was boring. Grinding for a class set just because you NEED it to do meaningful damage is boring.

Then nerfing said set in the next season/patch and propping up a different build is even worse.

Also the artstyle was meh, I didn't enjoy it. D2 had this magical feeling to it that they could not imitate correctly.
>>
>>382107981
well how bout this
you play diablo for 10 minutes and ill play path of exile for 10 years and we'll see which one of us comes out the most bored on the other side ye
>>
File: 1278161688797.jpg (24KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
1278161688797.jpg
24KB, 311x311px
>>382092246
>What went so wrong?
>is the 10th most selling games OF ALL TIME (selling over 30 million copies)

For Blizzard absolutely nothing.
>>
Bobby Kotick is a financial genius.
Diablo 3 was in development for ten years. But the initial game was abandoned, because, probably, it was a horrible mess.
But, Bobby Kotick saw an opportunity: make a new game quickly, polish it as hard as you can, and make it appeal to the WoW crowd, also try to please hardcore players by adding RMAH. And sell the game for an outrageous price of about $80.
It worked: tons of people went crazy, and every early released copy was sold out. People believed Blizzard, many fans waited for years for the release. Bobby Kotick has made money out of the situation, where the game would get cancelled, like Lord of the Clans and StarCraft: Ghost.
>>
Blizzard uses fuzzy math for all their games.

WoW only gets comparable population to the utter domination of Lineage because of the hinky way accounts get counted in Korea/China.

Blizzard gave away millions of copies of D3 "for free" to WoW subscribers who had an unbroken 12 months of subscription. The difference between owners of the base game and xpac purchasers reflects how few WoWbabbies actually cared, apparently.
>>
>>382108121

i can't even tell what game you're shilling for

why would someone be bored of something after only 10 minutes and of course the guy that plays a game for 10 years straight is going to want to kill themself

this has nothing to even do with the games anymore
>>
>>382107702

I don't think you've even decided to look at who he's replied to and the context of their conversation. Before you call someone a shill and start talking shit (he's actually shilling PoE) you should READ the thread before you post in it.
>>
>>382108134
Can you exercise your brain for a minute. Its obviously a flop thats why they abandoned it. They just decided now was a good time to milk some autist bucks.
The logic is lots of people have copies lets sucker 15 bucks out of some of them and maybe get some dumb faggots to buy the entire thing too.
>>
>yeah we fucked up with diablo 3
>its all fixed now
>just shell out some more money for the expansion please
>it will be much better, I promise
>>
>>382107981
Different anon but POE has better customization in pretty much every way. Art style looks pretty much what people imagined D3 was going to look like before release, items are more unique with their effects. Much much much more variety with builds and skill tree is way better than Diablo's system.

Poe downsides are your character looks like a homeless man until end game or spend money and bosses are worse

But gameplay is just simply better especially with POE adventure mode.
>>
>>382092246
>muh sales
Didn't they boost the sales by offering diablo 3 with a 12 month WoW subscription?
>>
>>382092246
>muh variety
>only 2 builds are even remotely useful for each class lategame
poe is shit
deal with it
>>
>>382108501
the art style looks like garbage
>>
File: 1385373610590.jpg (41KB, 449x338px) Image search: [Google]
1385373610590.jpg
41KB, 449x338px
>>382108381
>Its obviously a flop thats why they abandoned it
Yeah, massive flop of 30 million units sold. Even if those units are stretched by 10 million by sales department gymnastics, that's still 20 million cock suckers who bought the game.
Man, Bobby Kotick's head must spin from all those red numbers they have made due to this game.
>>
>>382108085
I think d2's artstyle was so great because it had that pixelated thing going on. It's like low quality porn. The chicks look hotter because you can't see their flaws when it's pixelated. So your mind fills in the blanks and make it great.
>>
>>382108663
Art style is better, animations are garbage.
>>
>>382108531
that all depends if they add in every copy given to wowfags for free as "sales"
>>
>>382092246

>finally give in to the hype about how RoS "saved Diablo 3" or something
>get it
>start playing
>realize how fucking bored i am and quit/uninstall

this happened with wow: legion, as well, i could not fucking help myself because i've been playing blizzard games since i was about 10 years old with warcraft 1. i'm finally done. i absolutely refuse to even try overwatch, sounds like a moba skinner box type game that retards will grind and scream at each other over to accomplish a "victory" screen and shit talk each other until their memories are wiped and they have to do it all over again to get that dopamine rush. fuck that. i'm done. i'm sorry i spent money on the wow expacs after TBC but i couldn't fucking help myself. same with diablo 3, how the fuck was i supposed to help myself after how good 2 was? it was the best game ever when it came out. i'll ever forget PVPing with people as my sorceress in the second act and taking forever to complete it because it was so fucking fun.
>>
>>382108501

My level 90s in poe all still looked like homeless people actually and killing monsters felt as bland as killing level 1 rats in oblivion. It's just not fun. As for customization, I never felt like I could do what I wanted on multiple builds. You're bottlenecked into min maxing stupid shit. It's all smoke and mirrors to give the illusion of choice.
>>
>>382092873
People actually play such things ?!

Strange...
>>
>extend my wow sub and get D3 for free at launch
>play through with a friend
>get to the start of act 4
>it's very late in the night
>"hey man, let's take a look around and finish the game tomorrow"
>15 minutes the game is over
The disappointment was real
>>
>>382108942
What you on about, i've gotten several characters to 90 on hardcore and all of them each had a diffrent playstyle and mechanics. You can make any build in poe as long as your not stupid you can make anything viable. That's what's most important having a fun build. People who look up guides are idiots.
>>
>>382092246
It's dead because it's boring. The first normal playthrough is boring, you can't get ANY good items before you get to levelcap.

They fucked up the loot system so embarrassingly badly. This is what you get when you treat your ARPG like an mmorpg.

>"Here's the necro! 90% of its skills are just jokes and you need THIS SET for the remaining 10% to do anything"
>"Have fun grinding for your set and.. I guess.. keep grinding till you find the same set again but with HIGHER STATS"
>"Oh btw, we'll nerf that set / build in 3 months, have fun"
>>
>Graphics are too cartoony
>Maps are too linear (Other than the static overworld maps which never change, every single map in this game is go from point A to point B with almost no exploration
>Item drops went from "Never get anything you want ever" to "Always get everything you want always", so loot in this game has never been tuned correctly, making legendary drops not that exciting
>There's no sense of progression, there's too many difficulty modes now. There's like 13 different difficulty modes, which essentially just change the health and damage of enemies and nothing else
>Once you get to the end, there's nothing to do but greater rifts
>Once you beat your first greater rift, you've experienced all the content there is in the game
>This can be accomplished in 12 hours on any character without doing any sort of speedrun, literally just playing the game, it's that short
>Skill trees are not a thing anymore, there's no consequences for your build choices, you can just try out everything. This makes moves in general feel weaker and less interesting

Diablo 3 is kind of fun the first time you play it, but there's really no replay value at all. It's not even fun to pick up again years later, because it just feels like you're doing the same thing over and over and over. Diablo 2 is different, I think mostly because there's a sense of progression, and the game is much more challenging.
>>
d3 was shit because of terrible difficulty scaling and shitty pretty much forced builds
d2 has milion times more versatility and meme builds that can actually get you through nm and hell and satisfaction in dropping an item that doesn't suck is always there, as opposed to upgrading your unique armor roll from 399 to 400
>>
>>382092246
casuals happend, casuals are the death of all franchises.

You see if a franchise is wood house, normys and casuals are the termites.
>>
>>382103692
call me when you are at paragon 1200 and still can't clear grifts without absurd fishing and contemplate resorting to botting so you don't even have to play the game anymore
>>
>>382109274
The lack of skillpoints and just picking / switching skills on the fly was a mistake. It made all of the characters these boring flexible testbeds that you slap an item set on and BAM, you've got yourself a mannequin with GODLY GEAR.

You didn't feel that your character was powerful, you felt that your gear was powerful. Your set was good, but your character was just a toon with FOTM skills picked to suit a set.

No build flexibility, shit loot system, no runewords, extremely rare and valuable items. Just item sets that are pretty much guaranteed to drop during a season.
>>
>>382097628

Looking at those items, the first thing that pisses me off is number inflation.

Was it really fucking necessary to have billions of damage? Like, who thought that it would be a good idea to have 10^1x length numbers allover the place? Market reaserch?!
>>
File: Capture.jpg (47KB, 419x408px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
47KB, 419x408px
>>382109861
It's just your usual Blizzard stuff, they went full retard on numbers after BC and it leaked into their other games.
>>
>>382106640
.... are you actually retarded?
>>
>>382092246
The campaign is retardedly easy. My gf and I were playing, but we lost interest because we could stand in the middle of the toughest mobs and our health bar wouldn't even drop. On the highest difficulty. Boring.

Diablo 2 is one of the games I've put the most time into, btw.
>>
>>382109861
It's what they did with WoW. It's all they know.
It also made the lower difficulty levels feel completely pointless and dull.

What am I supposed to think when playing on Hard and hitting mobs for 20-1000 damage and 30h later I'm doing +1 billion crits.
>>
The game was killed by politics. Not the SJW kind of modern politics. They made design choices that would have been accepted in a game like Torchlight or Titan Quest, but because it's a Diablo game they become bullet points on the greentext hate lists. The exact same game, with original characters instead of Cain and friends, marketed as Dungeon Siege 4 wouldn't have caused the same fits.

Except for the cash money auction house. That was a pretty shithouse idea that they hung on to for way too long.
>>
>>382105402

Fuck off, Path of Exile is garbage.
>>
>>382094283
In terms of gameplay diablo 3 was auction house simulator. Inferno was fucked up, classes needed act 3 and up drop only gear to clear act 2, so demon hunters were the only one advancing. And putting that gear on auction. On the other side i made about 400$ in profits with this game.
>>
>>382106640
never thought there was people that stupid on 4chan
>>
File: rockonjamout.png (62KB, 198x199px) Image search: [Google]
rockonjamout.png
62KB, 198x199px
>>382108697
The game only sold so well because of the success of D1 and D2. They knew it was a failure in every other regard as evident by the numerous changes in top devs and multiple attempts to please/persuade the D2 crowd. The sales of Ros are a testament to this; everyone knew what it was now.

So yes, it's a failure. Its only successful aspect is directly due to including the name of a series that had its last installment released a decade ago. It couldn't have achieved those sales without such a massive crutch and Blizzard knows this. The game is hollow, riddled with nonsensical band-aids ,and full of half-assed, uninspired content - all with player numbers hidden: the game is one step away from being fully abandoned.
>>
>>382110685
then imagine how bad the other games of the genre are
>>
>>382092246
Haev you played it?

It's very boring
>>
>>382092246
Path of exile took over as the most true to the genre arpg
>>
>>382107435
The satisfaction of poe is really taken from your ability to learn and make interesting synergies. Theres some builds that have satisfying killing to them but it's mostly a result of just nuking your whole screen and watching everything pop.

Hell even d3 has fun combat and stuff but the depth of the game has done nothing but get more shallow and boring.

You can have a full class set in a couple of hours after hitting 70 whereas in poe you will basically never hit max level and the difficulty of aquiring your gear is based on how efficient you are with farming.
>>
>>382106612

The point of that level was suppose to be a play on the cow level. See the difference between the two? The cow level was wacky but it wasnt overly flashy. It was suppose to be extremely child like. Great examples would be like the TF2 SFM clips Valve released. Compare Spy's to Pyros. It was intentionally childish but at the core theyre both suppose to be a type of "wacky" The problem is, childish wacky is pretty pathetic so it comes off as bad taste.
>>
What's Jay Wilson up to these days?
Last time I checked like 80% of the Diablo 3 design/art/story leads were fired/left the company
>>
>>382113243
nah
>>
>>382113346
Fucking up WoW. Kinda sad really, first they mmoed Diablo with AH and shit, and then they went and diabloed WoW with daily (adventure) quest and greater mythic (rifts). To me, both sides ended up worse for it, and I dont expect this downward spiral changing anytime soon.
>>
>>382112301

Well, Oblivion, Skyrim, Morrowind, Dark Souls, Dark Messiah, Witcher, Divinity, Diablo, Sacred are relatively good.

ARPG is too broad of a term to describe Diablo 2 and its successors/clones. Lootfest RPG is closer.

And i know how bad grind-for-loot games are.

Here is a tip: if grind is used in order to have high player retention and to compensate for lack of content.

Also, dont confuse replayability with grind.
>>
None of the people who worked on Diablo 1 and 2 worked on Diablo 3 I assume judging on the result.

Hell Blizzard North was killed off long ago.

How people could let themselves be caught up on the hype is beyond me. Never pre order. The servers were fucking down the first day anyway lol. Gamers are truly beyond redemption.
>>
>10th most selling game of all time
>failed so hard
So what fucking planet are you living on OP?
>>
I have been having fun playing a necromancer, witch doctor combo with my brother
both of us going full summoner mode
Nothing can get close to our army of shit that we can shit out in every fight
>>
>>382093651

it's called 'people with taste' you underage
>>
>failed so hard that the second expansion that was in works was broken down into patches instead (hence why they patched in new regions and now the Necromancer, it was supposed to be part of the second addon)

Proof?
>>
>>382118513
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/07/06/source-blizzard-broke-a-second-diablo-3-expansion-into-patch-content/#3a4206631b5f
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/12/29/why-i-mourn-for-the-second-diablo-3-expansion-that-never-came/#3e4294d96dab
>>
>>382117658

>gamer are truly beyond redemption
>posts anime

Yeah nah, dont generalise.
>>
I doubt diablo 3 sold that much, i heard it was included for free to anyone who registered for WoW

Similar reason how wii sports is the best selling wii game
>>
>>382119331

You're right. I got a free copy of it through wow.
>>
>>382092357
(You)
>>
File: 1332079014485.jpg (7KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
1332079014485.jpg
7KB, 241x209px
Is the Rathma set better than Helltooth Gargantuan?
>>
>>382119331
>>382119517

I was stupid enough to but the cunt but then again I gave your mums 10 bucks each for a blowie and I regret that purchase as well
>>
>>382118513
You want to know something funny. The characters in game continue to allud to future expansions like the Amazon islands. Reminder this game came out in 2012
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (62KB, 371x503px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
62KB, 371x503px
>literally the best selling videogame of all time
>universally praised
>only 115 viewers on twitch

What the fuck happened? Even with the release of the puyomancer, nobody cares about this game. What went so wrong?
>>
>>382121053
>universally praised
You fucking what. Bait or retarded.
>>
My problem is the shitty story you couldn't avoid/ignore. I'm probably never going to find out what's bad about d2's story because I've never had to listen to it.

The problems with d3's gameplay were just amplified by how fucking dumb the story was, and it's been so long since I cared to play I can't even think of positives.
>>
>>382121053

>what went so wrong

More like: What caused things to go so wrong?

Corpies man, corpies. >>382118846
>>
Diablo 3 is the JC Avatar of video games

Commercially successful but forgotten
>>
>>382121174
In what universe is tetris not universally praised?
>>
>>382092325
I played D3 more than I ever played D2.
>>
>>382121053
>literally the best selling videogame of all time

Trumpwrong.gif
>>
>>382121516
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games
>>
File: bone daddy.gif (388KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
bone daddy.gif
388KB, 540x304px
Me and my friends play the game together, and have fun running rifts. It's a good game for shooting shit with friends. But I can see why you wouldn't like it if you wanted D2. It's very different for sure.
Also I enjoy the necromancer.
>>
>>382101303
You have no argument. Sad!
>>
>>382092357
PoE would be better if the animation and gameplay didn't feel so fucking stiff, not to mention the gate to make it to end game being so obscenely strict in what you build getting there really creates an illusion of build variety and freedom.

Not defending Diablo 3 for being any less shit of course, but PoE having almost no polish to it really brings down the overall experience.
>>
>>382121215
The entire lore of diablo was fleshed out in the first games manual. What diablo 2 did was show you more of the lore in person, more important characters and locations.

Diablo 3 is just rehashed characters and stuff never in the original lore with some shit from the books and not even the best stuff from the books.
Anyway the books are bad they read like anime.
>>
>>382121516
>>382121850
Why don't you go back to sucking Trump's flaccid cock on /pol/ friendo, you obviously don't belong here
>>
>>382121317

It also has the worst player retention in history. Out of the 30 million guys who bought this, I'm sure millions of those burned their collector's editions in a fit of rage after learning what the game is.
>>
>>382118940
It's a character from a vidyagame actually but you're right I suppose. Not every gamer is scum. Just the majority.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (23KB, 230x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
23KB, 230x200px
>>382122017
>I'm autistic and mad so I'm sure everyone else is
>>
>>382121956
Why dont you go suck Obama or hillarys cock
>>
>>382106640
Good thing you're not breeding
>>
I love all these people claiming PoE is super diverse and deep

Here's how that ends up:
>start PoE
>look up build for your class (2, maybe 3 builds are viable for the meta)
>copy/paste the skill tree and all gems
>congrats welcome to endgame

Meanwhile Diablo 3 has far more variation when it comes to powers (Kanai's Cube, legendary gems, set bonuses) that can be mix and matched. Granted there's still a set meta, but when the game is so fucking complex like PoE people just cookie-cut builds to stay viable
>>
>>382122017
Reaper of Souls sold 10-15 million copies, so that's a pretty stupid thing to say.
>>
I ain't touching the Necro unless they fix the portraits.
>>
>>382092246
It was downgrade in every way including graphics.
Its fucking amazing how they managed to fuck up so bad
>>
>>382093060
Blizzard was ruined long before that merger took place. You can't blame Activision.
>>
>>382122149
You play cookie cutter flavor of the month builds if you're absolutely shit at the game
>>
File: 1337398763769.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1337398763769.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
>>382122586
>downgrade in graphics

Look you can not like the game but lets go easy on the shitposting, ok?
>>
File: 1_500.gif (835KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1_500.gif
835KB, 500x375px
>>382122149
>implying cookie cutting doesn't happen in d3
>>
>>382122694
run both games on 800x600 maxed, D2 will look better.
D2 graphics are better in every way
>>
>>382123187
Why in the fuck would I run a modern game at 800*600? It wasn't designed to run at that. Man the mental logistics you people have to jump through are amazing.
>>
>>382092357
not that hard in the other hand
>>
>>382121649
12th place is not #1
>>
>>382123373
I knew you Trumptards were stupid but I didn't know you were actually illiterate
>>
>>382123291
ye i just used your logic, d2 was designed to run on 800x600 resolution, if they made it to run on full hd res, it would look better than d3 100%
>>
>>382122694
D2's aesthetic is better and unique, makes you feel like you're about to face satan and his spawns in an apocalyptic middle age world

Cant say the same for 3
>>
>>382123505
I voted for shillary excuse me, you should have said "one of" the best selling games of all time and you would be correct
>>
>>382123668
His original post was talking about Tetris holy shit there would be so much less shitposting if everyone stopped jumping the gun
>>
>>382092246
Maybe if they didn't put a class that should have been in the game earlier behind a 15 dollar paywall, this long after the game's release.
>>
>>382123527
So you admit D3 looks better than D2 when both are run as intended. I accept your apology.
>>
>>382092246
>bought DLC because I would anyway
>too busy playing Symphogear mobage to play
Weekend, I guess.
>>
>>382123924
no d2 looks better than d3 other than resolution its has superior graphics.
>>
File: beeble.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
beeble.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
>>382123527
I think what you are trying to say is that D2 has better aesthetics, not graphics.
Because the graphics in 3 are just better, but you can have a preference on style.
>>
Bet theres people playing on console aka best version of diablo 3

PC all went to PoE
>>
>>382124283
>the graphics in 3 are just better
debatable
>>
>>382124283
only thing better in d3 engine is resolution thats it, if they remade texture to be able to properly display on fullhd it would look better
>>
Diablo as you knew it died when Blizzard North shut down in 2005
>>
>>382124532
Looking forward to the remaster of 2 and hope for some qol changes
>>
>hit max level
>find your "this skill deals 50000% more damage" set pieces
>find the exact same pieces with better stats
>no trading

Shit sucks no matter how fun they make the gameplay.
>>
>>382108265
if you cant find a single post containing praise for the game and how it's better than d2 i dont think youve browsed the internet
>>
File: Lukan the Witless.jpg (87KB, 463x179px) Image search: [Google]
Lukan the Witless.jpg
87KB, 463x179px
>>382093489
>isomorphic
>>
File: 1491478383482.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491478383482.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
I just bought RoS for 9 USD
Starting to regret now while reading this thread
>>
>>382125275
It's fun, but it is flawed.
Also it isn't diablo 2, which is why most people are made at it.
>>
>>382124532
what if they got Nolan North to voice Diablo in the inevitable biopic?
>>
>>382125275
if you like an incredibly mediocre game that has no soul, ruined a series and offers only boring incremental gear upgrades and daily chores then you might enjoy it
>>
Zero build variety. You cannot make your own build in this game. You use the set builds that focus in 2-3 skills the developers provided for you. The devs essentially create the builds, and there's only 1-2 per class that are viable, focusing on a fraction of skills available to the class. There's a few outlier LoN builds but for the most part you cannot make your own build in any way.
>>
>>382125561
this is because modern blizzard is overly reductionist, they streamline everything down until there's nothing interesting left. They have no idea how to make good loot or skills any more.
>>
>>382125561
>1-2 per class
I am not a fan of the set builds either, but there are usually at least 4-5
>>
>Diablo 3 was originally going to be an MMO
>Diablo 4 is hiring jobs related to MMO development

NOT LIKE THIS
>>
>>382092246
Killing decard cain was a big mistake also turning tyreal into a dindu
removing all the different classes for example no necro no paladin no druid etc etc
huge nerfs on barbarian, for example not being able to dual wield two handed swords like in Diablo 2

adding weird gay pony shit seriously wtf were they thinking with that weak story line, and turning bosses into cutscenes

i could go on and on
>>
>>382126121
>2017
>Still triggered by ponies

Do you need a brohoof?
>>
>>382125880
>MMO Diablo
sounds lit but where's my fucking World of Starcraft MMO?
>>
>>382126285
Not triggered by it at all to each his/her own

just dont think its belongs in Diablo
>>
>>382126121
they killed cain in such a lazy way too, I think they were resentful towards blizzard north and wanted to put the last nail in their coffin and start on their own story
>>
>>382093494
Diablo 3 has PvP now
>>
>>382126591
>Not triggered by it at all
sure :)
>>
>>382126591
I know! What are they going to do next, a level full of talking cows?
>>
>>382127775
>That quote
What is wrong with you
>>
>>382092246
They gave away 20 million copies of vanilla in china and counted them as sales
>>
>>382125860

And of those 4-5 only 1-2 can compete in GR. The others are 10-15 GR levels below the 1-2 that can compete.
>>
File: attachment.jpg (453KB, 667x482px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
453KB, 667x482px
>tfw real necromancer soon
>>
>>382100334
One dimension of how damage scales is completely gone. Now EVERYTHING is based on your weapon + your main stat. These two things alone ruin skill and item progression appeal in one fell swoop.

Meanwhile, PoE doesn't do that retarded shit, itemization rocks, and you can basically get to the end game with fucking white items and no weapon. Expansion can't come soon enough.
>>
>>382127775

Is this austim?
>>
File: mad loli.gif (98KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
mad loli.gif
98KB, 500x281px
>got D3+exp for free long ago
>want to try necromancer
>dont feel like paying 15$ bucks for it
I'll eventually buy it, aint i?
>>
>>382129630
it's not like the necro is going to feel any different from the other overly balanced classes. All the abilities in d3 are just skins for whatever DPS they decided everyone should have
>>
>>382129630
Spend a little bit less on anime figures you filthy degenerate and maybe you can afford it.
>>
>>382129938
Sent reddit gold my friend
>>
>>382126121
>being triggered by black people
>in Diablo of all things
>>
>>382129418

But that is wrong. In order to
>get to the end game with fucking white items and no weapon
you have to be damn lucky to get that unique jewel. And good fucking luck with that.

Because in Path of Exile, items matter even more so than in Diablo 3.
>>
>>382122149
>looking up cookie cutter builds and then whining about it
What are you, fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1486345052692.jpg (546KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
1486345052692.jpg
546KB, 979x832px
>>382092246
I bought it a while as my first diablo game, played through the main game a couple weeks ago. What is the appeal of this genre? Only reason I got it was because of sale, I don't I understand the point at all, you just walk around and pick up loot.

I made a demon hunter (i think that's the name) where all I did was do this one AoE attack that leached, over and over again. Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>382092246

5 years passed and they haven't released any big free content it quite some time
>>
>>382132107
How does an angel in Diablo lore turn into a black person? It's just a yuppy shithead thinking "you know what would be cool? if tyrael turned out to be black lul". D3 as a whole is a fucking politically correct shitfest, there's zero satanic shit from previous games, they even purposefully fucked up the pentagram just on the off-chance christfags would send two angry letters to their offices.
>>
>>382133580
>How does an angel in Diablo lore turn into a black person?
Why not? The most religious people in Diablo's world are all black.
>>
>>382132651
It's a hyperbolic statement, but it is true. Totem builds, and to a lesser extent summoner builds, have almost no barrier of entry in terms of item quality. You can, and I have, easily start mapping with half your gear as whites or shitty blues.

Good luck getting past level 20 in D3 without upgrading your weapon every 5 levels, though.
>>
>>382094301
This
Wish I would have not bought OW day one and waited
>>
>>382133729
>Why not?
I'll clue you in a little. Humans in Diablo lore are offspring of angels and demons. There's zero justification for Tyrael turning into a human in the first place, the fact that he turns into a black guy just makes me think the people over at Blizzard are vapid cunts who think "woah, a WHITE angel is actually BLACK, dude so deep".

And I have nothing against the character in principle, it's just that this is clearly their intention. Unless there's something deeper going on that I'm not aware of.
>>
>>382110051
>do a number crunch
>it's already back into retard numbers

Nu-Blizzard can't do anything right
>>
>>382133794

>You can, and I have, easily start mapping with half your gear as whites or shitty blues

Sure, if dying a lot is the intention.
>>
>>382134107
>Humans in Diablo lore are offspring of angels and demons.
And there are black humans too, so why not?

>There's zero justification for Tyrael turning into a human in the first place
But you're not complaining about him turning into a man, you're specifically complaining about him turning into a black man.
>>
>>382124216
>D2 has superior graphics over D3, except for the resolution

Damn the nostalgia glasses are incredible in this thread.
>>
>>382125275
Tbh if you believe /v/'s opinion every game is terrible, the factually good ones are simply overrated but did nothing new.
>>
>>382134485
>And there are black humans too, so why not?
You're missing the point, dipshit. I don't see an explanation for Tyrael turning into a dude when dudes are literally part demon.

I'm not "complaining" about it, I'm explaining to you the only possible reason Tyrael turns out to be a black guy. If you have better explanations, go ahead, give 'em to me. Again, I have nothing against him being black, in fact in principle, I think the type of role he played would fit a black guy perfectly. The D2 paladin was a cool black guy, he just didn't need to break the game lore to exist.
>>
>>382122149
You forgot one thing

>going anything but Energy Shield is a waste of a character

Yes, I know they're nerfing Energy Shield come 3.0
>>
>>382134470
Getting to maps quick is the intention. The point I'm making is that gear is not THAT important in PoE, at least for certain builds. And where it is important, it's not important to such a reductive degree that the +DPS or -DPS would cogently describe the use of an item as it basically does in D3.
>>
>>382128684
>still no release date

Crate plz
>>
>>382094147
Wow, it is like 3 months worth of salary in Bangladesh.
>>
>>382127775
so no difference to diablo 3

people just like their nostalgia goggles

also you have autism
>>
>>382135310
Making shit up that would "justify" your indignation (it doesn't) is not an argument.
If the grounds for your complaint is an imaginary scenario you have no way to prove you're standing on shaky foundations.
>>
>>382121053
Twitch viewers is not a good way to tell if a game is successful or not.
>>
>>382100117
>But why the fuck make all the classes use the same aesthetic cues?
Crusader and Witch Doctor
>>
>>382135740
Which part is imaginary, the fact that Blizzard is full of vapid cunts who can't write for shit? The part where every single aspect of D3 is made as safe and washed out as possible down to the art style?

Do you think there are some great artistic reasons for this? Honestly? Get the fuck out of here you delusional cuck. By the way, good job avoiding the lore aspect. Here's your final (you).
>>
>people still upset because D3 had crisp, clean art instead of muddled pixelshit

lmao @ your pathetic life
>>
>>382136492
The part where you made up completely the reasons why they decided to make Tyrael black so you could call them vapid SJW cunts, as if the series didn't have its fair share of black characters since the first game.
>>
>>382136710
That's right, they made the art style in Diablo 3™ is so crisp and clean they cleaned all the details out of it! I'm totally "diggin' it"®!.
>>
>>382136492
You're no different then the people who demand black people in games. It's fucking pathetic when you resort to calling people delusional cucks.

Keep doing it, you're only giving Blizzard a real reason to be "vapid SJW cunts" to satisfy the politcal agenda. Because people like you bitch about it too much.
>>
File: 1231312351222.jpg (23KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1231312351222.jpg
23KB, 300x290px
> tfw juicy Corpse Explosion
>>
>>382136726
I didn't call them SJWs as I have no evidence for it, what I called them was yuppy and vapid, which is most certainly true of literally everyone at Blizzard except the low-end staff.

>as if the series didn't have its fair share of black characters since the first game.
I just explained to you why one example is OK and the other isn't. Hell, the fucking witch doctor is black, I don't give a flying fuck. Are you daft or something?

Yes, yes, have more (you)s, I'm a weak willed man.
>>
>>382137103
How do you get from "vapid cunts" to "vapid SJW cunts"? All I explained was how LAZY a fucking story "idea" they used that breaks their own lore, you moron.
>>
>>382133158
nope the genre is just dogshit mate go play Nioh if you want a good hack and slay.
>>
>>382137153
>I just explained to you why one example is OK and the other isn't.
No, you just explained why according to the lore it doesn't make sense for Tyrael to become a man.
You still haven't given a single reason that's not made up in your head as to why it's so bad that he's black.
>>
File: 1d7.jpg (402KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
1d7.jpg
402KB, 1424x842px
>>382137150
>mfw skelebros holding the line
>>
>>382137529
Pretty sure I said the opposite, that his human form being black fits. If you find a quote of me saying it's bad 'cause he's black, I'll buy you a game of your choice on Steam. If you can't, you have to shut the fuck up and go to bed.

>You still haven't given a single reason that's not made up in your head as to why it's so bad that he's black.
What's bad is shitty writing. Tyrael being black is almost certainly a product of infantile writing "ideas".

The same lore nitpics are true of fem-Diablo, by the way. There's no reason for Diablo shaping whoever's body it was into a minx instead of a musclebound hulk, as he did with a little boy in the first game. It's more "WOW it would be TOTALLY COOL for diablo to be a GIRL now". Come on, you can't tell me this is some sort of cosmic coincidence and not Blizzard fishing for good boy points every place they can get.
>>
Question: why is it that the necro's boss killers all require corpses, but many bosses have no adds and all your abilities that generate corpses have long cooldowns?
>>
>>382138126
There's an ability for that: Land of the Dead, Flesh Golem, and Mages with the one rune that makes them make corpses when they die
>>
>>382093494
Diablo 3 has had PVP for years now

Its just no one plays it because it sucks, as Diablo PVP has always sucked because its boring and dumb if your not 1 of 2 classes.
>>
>>382092246
they had their chance and utterly fucked up. that's pretty much it. first impressions stick
>>
>>382138450
Land of the dead and flesh golem both have long cooldowns, though. In fact... why the fuck do we even have 2 minute cooldowns in a fucking ARPG?

The skellie mages work, I guess, but that seems pretty clunky.
>>
>>382138828
Another alternative would be Resurrect with the rune that makes them turn back into corpses. Carry a group of 10 into the boss fight and you have permanent 10 corpses to do with as you please.
>>
File: 1697453113.png (344KB, 526x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1697453113.png
344KB, 526x1127px
>>382092246
>>
Diablo 3 removed the awesome necromancer...and instead gave us the pathetic NEGROmancer.

Not ever gonna play that shit and I loved the first 2 games. Keep your niggers out of my games.
>>
>>382122204
Are you pulling these numbers out of your ass? All i can find says thes sold 2.7 million copies of ros in the first week. Give source or stop shitting out big numbers!
>>
>>382106643
>Bosses are objectively better in d3 also.
i thought they sucked, they all felt the same
>butcher
don't stand in the red circles
>belial
don't stand in the green circles
>azmodan
don't stand in the black circles
etc
in diablo 2 the bosses may have been shit compared to other series but at least they didn't play the same
>>
>>382102074
those things suck and i hated the fat fucks i had to use them on. god i hate fat people
>>
>>382135740

Not that guy but you're missing his point too.

Diablo 3 is full of stupid moves like this for the sake of pandering, no reason to think tyrael wasn't made black just for more 2deep nextlvl audience pandering. Look at what they did with the butcher for christ sakes
>>
>>382142291

diablo 2 has an ethnically diverse cast, yet no one bitched about that
>>
>>382138109

U r right and actually have some sense of taste. That guy you arguing with just stuck on trying to say you're racist

But I got u

Stay woke my brother
>>
File: 1335337840973.jpg (203KB, 1313x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1335337840973.jpg
203KB, 1313x1054px
Good times.
>>
>>382142362

That'd be cool. Make whoever black sure. Remove the cartoon villain monologues Keep leoric dead and give Cain a more fitting end while you're at it. Actually that's not even 5% of what we should change with time machine to blizzard hq when d3 was in development
>>
File: 1334047899711.png (772KB, 1306x784px) Image search: [Google]
1334047899711.png
772KB, 1306x784px
>>382142715
>>
>>382113243
the cow level was a nod to the first game when people thought there was a secret level where you fight cows

the pony level was made out of spite to the community rather than out of love for it, this is a primary difference
>>
>>382092246
It's not very good and everyone who actually likes these games and cares about them is playing PoE
>>
File: 1334047826344.png (500KB, 707x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1334047826344.png
500KB, 707x1237px
>>382142815
>>
>>382142891
what if i play and enjoy both
>>
File: ? .png (282KB, 2688x2688px) Image search: [Google]
? .png
282KB, 2688x2688px
>>382135475
>gear is not important in PoE
>a good weapon needs certain exact affixes
>weapon dependent builds perform like ass if you don't get a good weapon
Hmmm.
>>
>>382106612

If d3 was really dark and gory it would have been funny

>our fans don't like the artstyle? ha ha fuck you have some cartoon ponies aren't we so wacky and funny?
>>
>>382121409
t. 12 year old
>>
>>382138828
>In fact... why the fuck do we even have 2 minute cooldowns in a fucking ARPG?
Do you really need to ask? As always, the answer is that blizzard is run by clueless morons holding their place due to nepotism and old achievements
>>
>>382139727
>and you have permanent 10 corpses to do with as you please.
until you corpse lance 10 times
you basically gotta use skeletal mages and flesh golem on top of land of the dead if you want to any kind of corpse build and then stack CDR out the ass
i'm working on a corpse build right now and im pretty sure it's just going to be not worth the effort cause you can do more damage easier with another build i think
>>
File: screenshot-0082.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-0082.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>382135335
>that time when I made 12k es lowlife RF essence drain character with 100k dps with like 15c investment
rip double dipping
I wonder how much they'll break the game after the beta's gonna be over
I just wanna theorycraft and make top 1 builds that cost nothing, is that too much to ask
>>
I like killing fallen and picking up rings as much as anyone but the diablo sub-genre is fundamentally flawed, weighed down by simplistic (albeit fast) combat, pointless loot grinds, weird difficulty, bad health/checkpoint systems and lack of other things to do beside combat, which is not bad in and of itself but makes the other flaws weigh more heavily.

if they really wanted to make the best possible diablo 4, it should
>be a third person action game with melee and ranged combat
>focus on the actual playthrough of the game and not sterile end games
>have difficulty options (if any) which challenge the player and not his characters so instead of hell difficulty meaning monsters have ten thousand times higher numbers like in diablo 3, hell difficulty means resources are scarcer, your health pool is smaller and so on, like in normal fucking games
>make you pay for being hit, instead of drinking one of your 500 health potions and be fine the very next second like nothing happened, and you should not be able to just fuck off into town at a moments notice and restock anything and everything if not outright avoiding death
it should also be spookdark as fuck, with good music

and it could probably be an open world game as well, it seems like it would fit the series since tight level design was never a diablo staple
>>
>Play on normal
>expect it to be normal
>get to skelly king without losing any health
>fuck this let me see something
>stand there and let him wail on me for literally 30 minutes and he can't kill me
This is the worst game iv'e ever put 100+ hours into, it's garbage.
>>
>>382107435
Its made by obshut and obsicucks will shill anything and everything even if its shit like poe
>>
>>382146480
Anon...
>>
>>382146469
>normal

retard
>>
>>382135335
There's tons of life builds that could clear end-game content. CI just meant that you could play HC while being braindead.
>>
>>382135475
Gear is super important in PoE. The difference between PoE & D3 is that in D3 your gear is 100% where your character is built from where as in PoE it's a mixture of gear and passive build.
>>
>>382146469
Later difficulties don't fuck around, quit being a casual
>>
>>382146878
They're not difficulties as much as they are mathematical formulas that you apply to your character to keep the eternal rubberband treadmill going
>>
>>382146614
>>382146878
When a game starts off with 3 difficulty levels and the middle one is normal i don't expect to be literally invincible. And stop pretending this game is hard at all on harder difficulties it's just about gear, skill doesn't matter it's piss easy.
>>
I play a shit ton of Diablo 2 but can't get into PoE for longer than 10 hours.
pls help
>>
>>382147947
Probably because you've played hundreds of hours of one thing and the other thing isn't exactly like it so you're put off.

Give it more time. PoE is as close to a direct successor to D2 as you're possibly going to get and is much better in a lot of ways.
>>
>>382142919

>stand back noob, ill frag this charlie

Heh.

>>382143201

Even non-weapon builds will have to become weapon dependent in PoE.
>>
>>382147947
because PoE is shit
it's not your fault
I can't get into it either.
>>
>>382147947
you gotta get yourself a fun build
the problem with poe is that if your build sucks, you'll hate it, and if it's good, you'll love it
The build theorycraft is the best part of the game for me, but it's also the nerdiest one
I guess I could rec you to watch some youtube dudes like Mathil or Ziggy, or lurk the forums for a while
>>
>>382138006
*7 skeletons
>>
File: jim.png (23KB, 760x395px) Image search: [Google]
jim.png
23KB, 760x395px
>>382092456
>blizzdrones
How long until people wakeup? How many more years of free money will Blizzard get from nostalgic retarded adult childre-
>>
>>382149871

Fpr build you need items. Good ones. While some are cheap, most are expensive. Dont even expect to have the ones you need - you will have to trade to get them.
>>
>>382125828

Muh bring the player not the class so make everything the same
>>
>>382138792
>>382126970
I wouldn't consider brawl to be Pvp. That was just something they put out to try and move forward with the dedicated Pvp mode. They even said themselves they scrapped Pvp. If you really think brawl is the end result then you're an idiot.
>>
>>382150464
it's possible to do a fun, budget build
Learning how to use poe.trade is a must though
>>
File: file.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
tfw sitting back while my minions fuck shit up
im having more fun than i expected
>>
>>382151863
sometimes i think about trying the campaign again but then remember how god awfully uninteresting the story is
and everything after act 1 looks terrible as a setting
>>
>>382151982
act 1 looks terrible too
the deserts in 2 are actually some of the best areas in the game
>>
>>382152090
They were really bland compared to Diablo 2's deserts.
Act 1 felt good despite its lighting issues.

I don't know about this art stuff. It just felt wrong. 3 & 4 were especially miserable.
>>
>>382152306
3 was alrightish.
4 was just lazy
>>
File: 1486509568770.jpg (789KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1486509568770.jpg
789KB, 2448x3264px
Its gotta end sometime faggots!

I played the Diablo 1 and 2 through completion and then again in Nightmare and Hell sometimes and then put the game down. I did the same thing with Diablo 3 and I think they are fine games.

The problem stems from people WANTING this to be some sort of pseudo pay once MMO they can live in and expect similar longevity.

Move on and return to it. Dont play it until you've left a crater where you patience and original love for the game is.
>>
File: E6UECW4P2MSE1355358255555.jpg (1MB, 2256x1268px) Image search: [Google]
E6UECW4P2MSE1355358255555.jpg
1MB, 2256x1268px
>>382152414
i'm gonna cum at you hard here
>3 was alrightish
in what world is this alright?
>>
File: harrogath01.jpg (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
harrogath01.jpg
111KB, 800x600px
>>382152587
d2 act 5 for comparison (around the Arreat areas in both of these settings)
>>
was RoS really better than vanilla?
>>
>>382092325
D2 wasn't that good. It's mostly Nostalgia.

D3 (ROS) > D2 (LoD) > D1
>>
>>382152894
Yeah, because D3 is so fun when you can't trade with anyone else, there's no multiplayer economy, and as a result your online mode is actually singleplayer.
Wowee!
>>
>>382152894
is this the bait of the century?
>>
>>382153146
>Other Opinion
>Must be bait lmao
>>
>>382153290
how old are you?
be honest.
>>
>>382153073
>can't trade with anyone else
This.
I'll never fucking get the Frostburn gauntlets I want, so I can't play as an ice wizard, which is how I want to play my character.
>>
>>382153073

>He wants his game about killing demons to become an economics simulator
>>
>>382153484
Yes, thank you. This is how you make games last.
>>
>>382153381
>I don't have any arguments
>>
>>382153602
>doesn't have any arguments of his own in OP
>expects people to create detailed counter-arguments
classic
>>
Who was the dumb fuckwit that decided to tie spell damage to weapon damage? The physical attack power of a weapon should have zero bearing on a spell.
>>
>>382153698
Bait! Age! Diablo 2 was literally the best game ever! He doesn't agree, must be shitposting.
>>
>>382153073

I agree. It's how you made networks of friends and you would get closer to finding items you needed that were rare as hell to find. Plus it would ensure a good network of reliable people to trust for trading Anni/Torches and doing Ubers.
>>
File: Screenshot004.jpg (461KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot004.jpg
461KB, 800x600px
>you will never ever get artistry of this level ever again
>>
>>382121861
I have to agree with this.
I want to like Path of Exile, but the game feels so fuckin' stiff it's not enjoyable.

But then again, I prefer Grim Dawn, so whatever.
>>
>>382154028
dark souls
>>
File: terrible post.png (50KB, 405x402px) Image search: [Google]
terrible post.png
50KB, 405x402px
>>382103692
>>
>>382154752
more like dork souls
>>
>>382154948
holy shit dark souls foreverially destroyed
>>
File: 1442502113515.jpg (102KB, 844x418px) Image search: [Google]
1442502113515.jpg
102KB, 844x418px
>>382154937
>>
>>382153740
>Who was the dumb fuckwit that decided to tie spell damage to weapon damage?
Blame korean MMOs
>>
>all these plebs complaining about 'efficiency' and 'poor end game itemisation

I'm here having a wonderful time not caring about the leaderboards while using my rare only and uniques only builds. Immeasurably more build options.
>>
>>382097628
>"the flying quills of the manticore's tail are filled with lethal toxin"
>nothing on the weapon whatsover has anything to do with poison/toxin/flying quills/manticores
As expected of D3.
>>
>>382108134
D3 was riding on D2's massive popularity. It burned bridges in so many ways, it's astounding. If they ever make a D4, it isn't going to have the same privilage, so I'd say a lot went wrong.

I used to be a blizzdrone but I stopped buying shit after SC2: HoTS. Still haven't bought the D3 expansion or OW. I have no real faith in their abilities anymore.
>>
the only numbers in an RPG should be in the physics calculations.
>>
>>382153839

lol different anon,how old are you really?
>>
>>382156417
is it just me or was the naming generator for rares much worse in d3
>>
>>382156982
what's the point
no economy
no competition
no fun
>>
>>382157171
>If they ever make a D4, it isn't going to have the same privilage, so I'd say a lot went wrong.
I think it would still be worth making though, blizzard has a lot of pull no matter what

if they appeared to make amends for the flaws of d3 all the neckbeards would come crawling back like battered housewives so would I
>>
>>382157262
way too much effort
>>
>>382157121
>poison damage in the mainstat
>nothing to do with poison
Don't believe shit images like that which leave out information. It didn't even have it's ability listed.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manticore
>>
>>382157596
Now if only damage types would actually matter.
>>
temple of the first born is actually really good in art direction
all that lovecraftian horror feel
>>
>>382157850
>Manald Wizard
>>
>>382157596
>Don't believe shit images like that which leave out information. It didn't even have it's ability listed.

That's because the image is of the weapon before it even had an ability. But you wouldn't know that, being turbo-new.
>>
~Items are stupidly easy to obtain
~there is no player economy thanks to no trade and bind on pick up bullshit
~Customization of gear is basic as fuck, maybe 2 or 3 options to specc viably
~NO pvp which was intended
~the game makes itself persistently more casual and easier to play which by any record makes a game suck more "wow" cough cough...
~it never changes from season to season same idea just run as much paragon as you can and gem your shit out and run higher grifts that's it game done... it's boring and doesn't incentivize fun interactions with other players even when grouped it feels like a single player game.
>>
>>382158069
It's literally not relevant to the current version you turbo fag
>>
I don't want to make a new thread and this one looks vaguely related.

I bought Grim Dawn on the Steam sale a few days ago. Loving the game but I'm a little overwhelmed by the build options. Is it true that putting all your stats into Physique is the way to go?
>>
* Story is completely uninspired and boring (which is par for the course for blizzard now)
* Gameplay is honestly pretty boring after awhile
* Most of the gear feels like the same thing
* No events - seasons are just an excuse to play the game and really offer nothing new
>>
>>382092246
got this shit on ps4, 'cause i heard the controller was comfy, and fuck wearing out my mouse buttons. mouse components today suck balls as it is. but they didn't even push seasons to console until a few months ago. blizzard is fuckin' gay.
>>
>>382158175
>No pvp which was intended
No it was intended do you not remember? Blizz hyped it up for months about it being a feature and when the game droped they said they would add it in a later patch which they never did.
>>
>>382158702
>reading comprehension
go to sleep
>>
File: 6vScT.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
6vScT.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>382158702
that's what he said, you fucking hack. Stop jumping the gun on people and actually read for once in your god damn life.
>>
File: 1442506475000.png (90KB, 422x381px) Image search: [Google]
1442506475000.png
90KB, 422x381px
>>382157297
It kind of is, yeah.
>>
>>382158175
>~Items are stupidly easy to obtain
Except the one you actually want.
>>
File: 1498087799702.png (87KB, 358x467px) Image search: [Google]
1498087799702.png
87KB, 358x467px
>critical damage gem in a weapon boosts OVERALL dps by shitton
>>
>>382159369
Yes, and?
>>
>>382158256
Generally yeah. Depending on your class you may need a few points in spirit for endgame jewelry, and some guns/swords may need a few points in cunning if you plan on using those. Hold onto ~10 points if you don't have a build fully planned out so you can account for stat requirements then dump the rest in physique.
>>
>>382159369
Early game you go with rubies, endgame you go with emeralds.
>>
>>382092619
>This.
>
>Plus the RMAH fiasco and the fact that you can complete the game in a couple of hours and then just do the missions & portals ad nauseam. Also they shoehorn you into a specific build every season with the legendary gear because the bonuses are too OP to ignore.

The difficulty levels are probably a large part of the problem. No one wants to redo content and have it get to impossible or annoying levels of tedium.

They have the same problem in WoW now with mythic +.
>>
File: 1484135465401.jpg (35KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
1484135465401.jpg
35KB, 411x411px
>>382159975
>Early game
>first 15-20 mins
>spend next 2000 hours with emeralds

Thanks blizzard
>>
>>382158256
Depends on the build. You're going to want to make sure you have enough attribute points to meet the requirements for any end game items you want.

You'll definitely always want some amount of points to boost physique, but for some builds it might be worth putting points into whichever attribute impacts your damage the most.

Most of the builds I've seen that focus on the Crucible are primarily Physique based, so you should be fine focusing on that.
>>
Real necromancer release when?
>>
>>382160396
is this a genuine coordinated shilling or just shitposting
>>
>>382107435
>>it's not even satisfying to kill shit
>he never critfucked the entire screen with vaal arc
>>
>>382160396
We haven't gotten a formal release date yet have we? Man, I want the fashion system.
>>
>>382092325
this /all diablo threads
>>
>>382160602
I'm deliberately shitposting

Also the only way you can get a good conversation about Grim Dawn going is to hijack a Diablo 3 thread
>>
>>382160153
More like 6 hours if you're questing.
>>
>>382161801
first time only. Anyone who doesn't at least throw a gem of ease in their weapon after that is legitimately retarded.

1-70 in fields of misery with 500+ combo. 15 mins at most.
>>
>>382162338
Or you could just get a power level and save yourself the trouble of leveling up a gem of ease in the first place.
>>
>>382108942
If people can take glacial hammer into red maps, that basically means any skill in the game can have an endgame build. Some are more efficient than others, which is how it should be. There is merit in less efficient builds, and some have differently weighed strength. You can make a fucking flame totem build to kill shaper but it'll have shit map speed.
>>
>>382157294
not him but I agree with him, and I'm 31

so, continue
>>
>>382163085
I can crank out a level 25 gem of ease in 13 mins.

Faster than fart assing around trying to find someone to power level.
Thread posts: 500
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.