[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Handsome Jack actually the hero and good guy of Borderlands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 57

File: n4PQ1Jt.jpg (267KB, 924x1280px) Image search: [Google]
n4PQ1Jt.jpg
267KB, 924x1280px
Was Handsome Jack actually the hero and good guy of Borderlands?
>>
>>382088445
his objective to bring law and peace to what is basically an even crazier version of mad max was just but his methods (killing friends along the way and hooking up his daughter to a phazon milker) were questionalbe. you can also argue he went a bit power crazy.
>>
He was the good guy all along, OP.
You, instead, the bandit, ruined everything.
Fucking cunt.
>>
No one in Borderlands is the hero.
Literally every character in the series is a psychopathic asshole out for themselves.
>>
Anthony Burch singlehandedly stopped this game from being a classic in the FPS genre.

Fucking faggot.
>>
>>382088445
Pandora is no place for heroes.
>>
>>382088445
>Make him the villain
>But make him literally the only somewhat likable character
>Make him even more likable in Pre-Sequel and make his reasoning for going bad really fucking hard to deny

>>382089190
>Consider BL1 one of my favorite games (Maybe not in my top 5, but still love it nonetheless)
>Remember being hyped for BL2, only to be disappointed with it
>Distinctly remember BL2 and Bioshock Infinite killing my love for the first person shooter genre for years
>>
>>382088984
I like how the story came full circle back to BL1 idea that everyone is just a bandit, except the main characters are more successful at that.
>>
>>382089190
He wrote Jack desu
>>
>>382089462
Yeah, and he also wrote the scene where Jack's BADASS daughter swoops in and kills him with the unforgettably cool line: "SUP?"

Bugmen shouldn't be allowed to write videogames
>>
File: handsome jack.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
handsome jack.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>
File: thumb-1920-75104[1].jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-75104[1].jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>382089350
Plot of BL1 was
>This planet is overrun with bandits
>But there's a bunch of fucking loot too
>You're one of four mercenaries here solely for personal gain
>Now go fuck shit up and loot stuff
>Oh, and don't worry about dialogue, just spout a bunch of catchy one-liners, there's no need for chit-chat
>Story doesn't matter until the ending, but really it was your goal to get to the Vault to begin with, so it works in your favor
>>
>>382089462
Dameon Clarke also improvised half of the script.
>>
>>382089462
>writes a character to be bad
>only tolerable character an entire series
Yeah, it shows. The main bad guy is the only good guy in a whole series of 'badass' good guys. Fuck Burch.
>>
>>382089570
Lilith said "SUP?"
>>
>>382089604
>Oh, and don't worry about dialogue, just spout a bunch of catchy one-liners, there's no need for chit-chat
This so fucking much. As soon as they started giving the game an actual story it died. BL had a shitty story but at least it was shoved to the back.

I mean, I feel kind of the same with Saints Row 3 but it arguably worked for both games. Normies loved them.
>>
>>382089570
>Jack's BADASS daughter
What? That was Lilith. Jack's daughter is Angel. She didn't kill him either, just falcon-punched the glowing vault thing into his face.
Get your facts straight faggot.

I imagine normal person wouldn't write this character, it took a mentally incapacitated cuck to do it.
>>
File: 1497691086708.png (215KB, 657x560px) Image search: [Google]
1497691086708.png
215KB, 657x560px
>>382088445
Yes. He was the one redeeming part of the Borderlands 2 story. It's a horrible shame that he's dead and the only hamfisted way they can drag him back is by having robutt AI computermans.

Or a New You. Did they give a reason why no New You? I want a New You Jack.
Although I don't really want a Borderlands 3.
What a pickle.
>>
>>382089704
ya: https://youtu.be/LmhKvOGAAK0

pretty badass right? reads like something out of the recycle bin on John Green's PC
>>
I fucking hated how ps jack was written with no subtlety whatsoever. It was a series of "hey there I'm Jack I'm a hero" and "lol that guy is suffering/dying pretty funny". It sounds more like a preteen discovering his sexuality than a character falling from his ideals.
>>
File: dumb cuck.jpg (5KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
dumb cuck.jpg
5KB, 299x168px
>>382089826
New-U stations are noncanon, otherwise Roland wouldn't have died like a chump.
>>
>>382089604
Yeah, that's the point.
I'm saying after BL2 and TPS we're back to being bandits and mercenaries, there aren't any good guys or bad guys anymore.
Roland was the only one MUH ORDER and thankfully he's dead.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (179KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
179KB, 960x720px
>>382089867
>Play BL1 first
>Be Mordecai main
>Thought the idea of Mordecai and Lilith together was kinda cute after seeing some art of it

>Play BL2
>Turns out Roland and Lilith were apparently "a thing"
>My man Mordecai gets turned into a shitty drunk
>Bloodwing gets killed
>>
He is a bit ruthless but he wants to bring order to a world ruled by bandits and murderers. Because we play as bandits and murderers, we see Jack as a villian. He wouldn't have even been so ruthless at all if he hadn't been betrayed by Lilith and Moxxi
>>
>>382089938
Pls, not New-U shitstorm all over again.
It's a giant plothole and there's no dealing with it.
They're canon in BL1, but between Roland's, Jack's deaths and Kill Yourself quest everything goes to hell in BL2.
>>
Aside from his personal life, what's wrong with Anthony Burch's writing? Jack seemed pretty well written.
>>
>YWN join Crimson Lance/Atlas or Hyperion n bring order to chaos
>>
>>382090313
And this is why BL1 will always be the superior game in terms of just about everything. It didn't need a stupid fucking heavy-handed story, it just wanted to be a loot and shoot.
>>
>>382090313
It would have taken three lines to fix NewU in 2
>angel's hacked into the new-us so we can rez under the radar
>hyperion have locked her out of the network just long enough for roland to die
>hyperion's new-u connection has been severed, but ours is still up
It's handwaving but it's better than having gaping plotholes
>>
>>382090364
Everything that isn't Jack.
It's like he tried to write the most obnoxious character ever with every character in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHe5aqlOnjw
>>
>>382090136
>first game
>bandits are explained to be criminals left behind once the megacorps pulled out
>2
>bandits retconned to poor farmers just doing it it takes to survive just to make hyperion bad guys
That always annoyed me
>>
>>382090682
Anthony was given free reign in TPS but I think that mission is just Aussies being Australian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEVKUE_ma00
>>
>>382088445
No.

But everyone else in the entire game is not a good guy either. At the end it's all a big slapfight between selfish pre-scholers
>>
>>382090682
>Snipes with a Torgue shotgun
>Then jumps in and fights with a sniper rifle at point blank
This fucking guy
>>
File: lZhebOH.png (43KB, 1245x324px) Image search: [Google]
lZhebOH.png
43KB, 1245x324px
>>382090364
>>
>>382089570
>bugmen shouldn't be allowed to write videogames
But jrpgs are constantly praised for their story and the asian is more like an ant or bee than a person.
>>
>>382090979
Honestly, I do have to wonder if the reason it's like this in pretty much everything nowadays is that people feel that one or two sentences is considered "lazy" because everything needs to be a fucking paragraph apparently. The fact that it's like this for every single character though is the worst part.
>>
REMINDER

Not even the voice actor for Handsome Jack agreed with Burches faggotry. Much of Jacks dialogue is improvised.
>>
>>382090547
Besides the fall damage. The fall damage in 1 was trash.
>>
>>382093506
>Get a good shield
>Fall damage no longer matters
>>
>>382092151
this, Daemon Clarke is responsible for the Handsome Jack we know
>>
why was itemization so shitty compared to BL1 bros?
>>
File: Borderlands 2 scaling.png (14KB, 770x410px) Image search: [Google]
Borderlands 2 scaling.png
14KB, 770x410px
>>382093916
Are you referring to the exponential scaling or the retarded manufacturer gimmicks?
>>
>>382093916
BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF ST- WEAPONS
>>
>>382094004
both really fucked it up
>>
>>382094004
>people actually try to defend the scaling of BL2
It's not like you can't clear it but I hope you're ready to sit around head shotting each no name grunt for two minutes while reapplying slag.
>>
I fucking hate that moon oxygen gimmick and shit
>>
>>382093916
>why was itemization so shitty compared to BL1 bros?

because they focused on 'unique drops from bosses' instead of fine tuning the loot tables and they ramped up damage/level scaling to 'discourage people using the same gun for 10+ levels'

the balancing was really broken at the beginning of bl2, i got to ultimate vault hunter mode or whatever and everything, everything could 1 shot you and took all the ammo from all your weapon types to kill anything. it was just broken and imbalanced, not even hard.
>>
>>382094334
up until about level 60 the gameplay is fine. After that it becomes exactly what you said. Not only is it tedious, it never becomes not tedious. No amount of sucking it up and pushing through will get you to a more fun gameplay experience
>>
>>382094587
Not really, on UVHM you just can't play braindead, you need to have some kind of build with skills and weapons synergising together. Focus one skill tree at the very least with appropriate weapons. Slag's pretty much mandatory, but most characters have some kind of ability to induce it.
At OP or against Raid Bosses only couple of viable builds per character remain and you typically have to grind for specific gear.
It's a loot game, that's the very point.
>>
>>382094334
>people actually try to defend the scaling of BL2
Fucking who? Even those I know who enjoyed the game more than myself will tell you all day how stupid the scaling is.

It'd be one thing if the combat was something more than "Apply slag and shoot at weak spot" but it's not.

And it doesn't HAVE to be anything more than that, it's a goddamn FPS, but there is nothing fun about enemies slowly reaching the point where they'll kill you with a few stray bullets from across the map while your ability to deal decent damage slowly fades away.
>>
Am I the only one who liked how he was handled in Tales from the Borderlands? It was a much better resolution for his character than 2 or Pre-memequel.
>>
>>382094967
Nevermind, apparently these people exist: >>382094937

I don't know what to say.
>>
>>382095000
Nah tales from the borderlands is one of the good telltales
>>
>>382089190
The game has much more fault than Burch's involvement. The game's balancing is a complete and utter mess for starters.
>>
>>382094523
>the balancing was really broken at the beginning of bl2
The balancing is just straight fucked all through bl2 my man but you have cocksuckers like >>382094937 defending it.
>>
File: athena kebab.webm (2MB, 569x320px) Image search: [Google]
athena kebab.webm
2MB, 569x320px
>>382095000
I'm pretty pissed they resurrected him AGAIN just to have him back.
But otherwise yeah, he was great. I really liked TfBL except for atrocious animations.
>>
>>382090667
Hell at the end you could have had jack be a overconfident little shit and go "Ohlook here's the button to my New U rez data, whoops, it's all deleted, but you'll still never kill me."
>>
>>382095525
When else did they resurrect him?
>>
>>382095591
Or incorporate it into the fight. Kill Jack, he gets a new u. Kill Jack after destroying the new u network, he dies.
>>
>>382095695
To be honest either of those is better than the reason "I didn't put my stuff into the New U because I thought I'd never need it."
>>
>Pandora is ruled by roving bands of bandit clans killing and raping uninhibited
>Jack wanted to awaken The Warrior to establish his iron fist over Pandora
>he was still only like a mid level executive at Hyperion

fuckin corporate cock suckin
>>
>>382088445
BUT HEY THAT'S JUST A THEORY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5onlG_8J18
>>
File: Talon.jpg (50KB, 274x545px) Image search: [Google]
Talon.jpg
50KB, 274x545px
>>382090127
Don't forget his fling with Moxxi or how she bailed on him for Jack
At least he's got something else to focus on now
>>
>>382090127
>that whole quest line about how Mordecai is a drunk now that his best friend was killed
>Moxxi gives you an under levelled shotgun if you chose her over him

Moxxi a sloot
>>
>>382090127
Yeah, fuck what they did to Mordecai. On the other hand he's the only BL1 character that could win a fight without you helping him.
>Lilly gets nearly killed by bandits if it weren't for you
>Roland would still rot in a Hyperion prison if it weren't for you
>Brick was an equal when defending his base
>Mordecai goes berserk and simply kills everything in your way, without you having to lift a single finger
>>
>>382095635
The TPS. Not a literal resurrection, but they reused the character after he was killed and made a game around that.
>>
>>382095798
He's CEO though.
>>
>>382090748
Not to mention half of them turn gay for no reason
>>
File: IMG_0040.jpg (32KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0040.jpg
32KB, 1024x576px
>>382090127
>expecting a video game company in the 2010's to not push black male white female interracial couple
>being surprised at borderlands pre sequel's jabs at homophobia
Are you aware of the current year?
>>
>>382095635
I think he didn't mean resurrect but bring him back for TPS
>>
>>382095957
The presequel was such a shit show for his character. I don't know how involved Anthony was with the overall story but jesus christ. Jack starts out as this random bloke you have to help because he's a "good guy" and the Moon Marines are the bad guys. It adds so little complexity to his character. Interestingly enough Wilhelm's transition from TPS to B2 is probably the most interesting of all the main heroes. Also, Jack inexplicably killing every single claptrap once he came ot power makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>382095798
>>382095798
I think you got confused by the tapes you find in the levels leading up to the last. He killed his boss and took over Hyperion.
>>
>>382094004
I remember reading somewhere that they said the reason they didn't make the level cap higher was because it would fuck up the balance

and then they raised the level cap
and then the balance got fucked up

granted they could have just did some balancing and call it a day but maybe they just wanted to prove a point

either way they fucked up, whether it was intentional or not
>>
>>382088445
He routinely kills Pandorians (and not just bandits) for no real and discernable reason, so I'd say he's the hero.
He's just a guy on which the Dystopian setting has taken a toll.

The Borderlands game added together make a relatively good lore, if you disregard the memes

>>382096086
Have you just seen the gender ratio ? It's more prison gay than anything else
>>
I liked Athena, and his relationship with Jack, and while I'm not a fan of making a bid deal of the story of the series, she was characterized as a playable character way better than the rest of TPS, 1 and 2
>>
>>382096239
No, it does. Fuck claptraps.
Also the DLC adds more reasons.
>>
>>382090748
I thought even in BL1 they explained it by megacorps pulling out leaving all the workers to rot on pandora and only some of them were criminals and rest were actual people
>>
So did Gearbox just have no input during the Tales development cycle because Tales was surprisingly good.
>>
>>382096468
The workers either turned criminals or were killed by them.
Pandora's lawless wasteland, that's the main point of the setting,
>>
File: Underdome.jpg (82KB, 600x642px) Image search: [Google]
Underdome.jpg
82KB, 600x642px
>>382095930
That was a fun one
>Hey, my bird just died and I could really use a drink. Hook a brother up?
or
>Mordecai's upset over something? Too bad, he was a shitty boyfriend.
>>
>>382096647
Did anyone actually give the booze to Moxxi? Fucking slutty cunt
>>
>>382096239
Anthony wasn't involved at all in pre-sequel.

>Moon Marines are the bad guys
More like miscommunication than anything else. Probably the ethereal helping them told them "if you warm the populations, our agreement ends". Their goal was to destroy the Moon because the power of the Ark could destroy the whole universe (I think).

>It adds so little complexity to his character.
Don't think so. It shows that he's basically changed by the sheer brutality of the setting. It doesn't excuse him, it just shows his transformation, betrayal after betrayal.
>>
File: Memelands[1].png (620KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
Memelands[1].png
620KB, 800x453px
>>382096718
>>Anthony wasn't involved at all in pre-sequel.
Damn nigga that's funny
>>
>>382096338
>It's more prison gay than anything else
That was a real thing in BL1.
>>382096524
Gearbox let TellTale handle most of the writing since they knew they were better at it.
The only involvement they had was Anthony Burch but he only wrote a few scenes and Mikey Neumann, who he wrote all of the Scooter scenes.
>>
>>382096718
>Anthony wasn't involved at all in pre-sequel.
He wrote quite a few lines, actually. You're thinking of Tales of the Borderlands, which he also was minorly involved with.
>>
>>382096694
my friend made me us give the booze to moxxi cause she has nice tits.
>>
>>382096468
Bandits do it out of survival. Their town are relatively well organised and they seem to be living peacefully enough - you see tables with food on it, houses...

While (you) routinely massacre them. Maybe we are the bad guys, after all.
>>
>>382096589
The bandits in BL1 were Dahl's penal labor force.
>>
File: The Popular One.png (925KB, 1025x850px) Image search: [Google]
The Popular One.png
925KB, 1025x850px
>>382096718
It's TftB you're thinking of, mate. Burch only had one or two lines in that one, which he uses to shoehorn sexism in the workplace
>>
>>382089350
>>382089604
>Athena telling how she got to Helios in a over the top intro
>Mordecai says "Our story just started with us getting off a bus. This is all explodey and stuff"
>>
>>382096718
>It shows that he's basically changed by the sheer brutality of the setting
The literal first thing you do when you meet jack is kill all the Moon marines. If might is right, he got that lesson super fucking early in TPS
>>
>>382096843
If it was real in BL1, why couldn't it continue in BL2 ? And maybe some of the bandits are not as insecure fags as Shank and don't need their bf to be covered in drag.

If you look at it, most of the characters show signs of bisexuality rather than homosexuality. Axton is bi, the girl that helps you through TPS is lesbian, Athena is lesbian, Moxxi fucked anything that moves on Pandora, and other gay characters are mostly in the background.
>>
>>382089826
Tim the doppelganger will probably be a part of the story in BL3
>>
File: 1437380313193.jpg (33KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
1437380313193.jpg
33KB, 746x717px
>>382097079
It was fucking bizarre.
>try to act like Vasquez
>get shit on for acting like Vasquez
????
>>
>>382097149
>Says something along the lines of of "how much more interesting or "badass"" it was or some shit
I could not roll my eyes hard enough.
>A game needs a wacky, over-the-top intro for it to be good
>>
>>382088445
Maybe. Lilith however is the real antagonist.
>>
Jack was an egoaniacal sadistic bastard that just happened to have a reasonable goal by the standards of the setting [until Tales came and made Pandora actually a place you wouldn't immediately shoot yourself in the head rather than spending ten minutes in]. That does not make him a hero nor a good guy, it just shows that Pandora is filled with even worse people.
>>
>>382088445
Man BL1 was so good, no forced story bullshit and most of all they didn't give two shits about balancing it. Not one gun in BL2 felt like a crazy good upgrade like they did in the first game, I remember using a Volcano rifle for like 20 levels in BL1 and it was a fuckin Blast.
>>
File: Not A Good Time.png (916KB, 1280x950px) Image search: [Google]
Not A Good Time.png
916KB, 1280x950px
>>382096694
Rubi's not a bad gun but I don't have the heart to take the man's booze
>>
>>382089462
If it wasn't for the VA, Jack would be hated, like he was meant to be. He's not amazingly well written but he oozes confidence. Lillith, someone meant to be closer to a hero on the other hand, is a fucking villainous bitch.
On the Tales game, aka not Burch writing, he's perfectly represented, specially the ending
>>
>Dont really like the borderland games
>Love Tales of the borderlands
>Telltale will never make a sequel
>>
>>382097310
>why couldn't it continue in BL2 ?
Anthony didn't play the first game before writing the next one.
>>
>>382097218
The stage of his "corruption" is rather
1) Get betrayed by the Merif for no real reason
1a) Kills him and feel surprisingly good
1b) Humiliates him in front of all the Moon and gets off to it

2) Felicity and how he needed to basically torture her to death to get his plan to work
2a) He probably considered it a betrayal when she refused to sacrifice herself

3) The scientist traitor on Helios which makes him unbelievably and terribly mad
3a) Learn that the most efficient way to solve the problem is to kill them all (painfully)

4) Moxxi/Lilith betrayal and how he got his mask.

It's a series of betrayals and revenges that convince him that being uncaring is the only way to survive.
>>
>tfw friends never want to play BL2 anymore
it's actually fun but no one's ever down to play it ;_;
we've played it together before but it's no fun solo
>>
>>382097442
>>[until Tales came and made Pandora actually a place you wouldn't immediately shoot yourself in the head rather than spending ten minutes in]
I really don't fucking get this at all.
>Borderlands 1
>Pandora is a completely and utterly FUCKED planet drained of most of its resources by mining companies
>It's also a planet chock full of bandits, considering it was formerly a prison planet before the companies started pulling out
>It's pretty much a dustbowl
>Every game since then has tried to make it into some kind of vacation hotspot, but bandits just so happen to be there and they're a bunch of gay transsexual fucking faggots that are more afraid of being considered a misogynist or whatever than pulling out someone's spinal cord out their ass and using it as a weapon
>>
>>382097624
You didn't understand me. I think that the way bandits interact with each other - occasionally mourning the loss of their boyfriend or shit like that - is still pretty prison gay and situational sexuality, even though they don't seem to be ashamed of it.
>>
>>382097326
This so much. At least they make up for it later on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26y9H2ZLf0w
>>
>>382097683
>It's a series of betrayals and revenges that convince him that being uncaring is the only way to survive.
Which he literally already knew being a high ranking member of hyperion. That is the company that promotes anyone who fucking murders their department head.
>>
>>382097310
This is what makes Maya the best borderlands waifu, the only pure girl in a setting full of degenerates
>>
>>382090667
This, so fucking much. Hell, they could've just said
>The 4 vault hunters have been blocked from the New-U
>You're new to the planet so Jack can't block you or Angel is overwriting your respawn under a different name to trick Jack
Hell, they could even have a quick mission like this to explain the bandits.
>Get three turret parts
>Assemble them near Two-Dicks Johnny's respawn machine, some makeshift, badly made new-u called nu-me
>Kill him then place turret
>Every time he dies, he respawns only to have the turret kill him over and over again
>>
>>382088445
He wasn't pure evil, which means he was an good antagonist.
And he loved Angel.
>>
>>382098016
Gaige is muh waifu but I don't know how she fits into the lore.
>>
>>382089190
I wasn't aware Burch designed BL2's guns.
>>
Do you think the next borderlands game will have the "New-U stations" or will they retcon them entirely for something else?
>>
>tfw really like the new abilities and trees of memesequel
>tfw it's a shit game and I don't want to play it solo, and my friends don't want to play it with me
>>
>>382098121
Gaige goes batshit insane with Anarchy though.
>>
>>382098140
They'll be the same, but now a property of another corporation and they'll make a joke about inconsistency.
>>
>>382098121
>Played as Zer0 for my first playthrough of BL2
>Had an absolutely miserable time
>Had to look up a viable build for him just to make him work

>Play as Gaige
>Get Ricochet and a Torgue Shotgun and watch everything evaporate into a red mist
Figures the only time I'd have fun with BL2 is when I'm overpowered to hell and back with a mech at my side.
>>
>>382098181
It's literally the same game with jetpack.
>>
File: 1401132990961.png (117KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1401132990961.png
117KB, 250x250px
>>382098201
>her lines getting more and more outlandish as the counter rises
Too bad I'm actually sick of the games now, I never played neither her nor Krieg to completion but what I experienced of her was goat
>>
File: Steven_Armstrong[1].jpg (48KB, 865x760px) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Armstrong[1].jpg
48KB, 865x760px
I'm not so sure, but he was certainly the best character

Always find it funny when the antagonist ends up being the most interesting personality in the setting
>>
>>382098315
>never played neither her nor Krieg
Jesus Christ, Anon, you haven't played BL2 at all.
All other VHs are bland as fuck and absolutely not fun to play as compared to these two.
>>
>>382097794
>>382097789
Wasn't Pandora just a miner planet? Atlas went backrupt so they left the miners to survive by themselves on Pandora, other companies sell them guns so that the problem sorts itself out.
Don't remember any reference to it being a prison.
>>
all i hope for is that they remove the pop culture references and memes
i really just hate gaige and all her epic gamer culture references
>>
>Pre-sequel was lauded for it's progressive writing
>Literally the first thing they do once you get to down is talk about how Moxxi thinks that straya cunt is a lesbian cunt
>>
>>382098446
All the character dlcs in borderlands are absolutly amazing and then there is hammerlocks sister
>>
>>382098467
>>Don't remember any reference to it being a prison.
There's prisons literally fucking everywhere.
>>
>>382098467
Prison gay is the general term for situational sexuality.

Given that the settler population was about 99% male, they probably began to practise this sort of sexuality.
>>
>>382098467
Atlas came to Pandora to find more Vault shit but got BTFOed by the wildlife waking up from hibernation.
Dahl swooped in to find the Vault but covered it up as a mining operation.
Once Atlas came back with the Crimson Lance, Dahl got the fuck out of Dodge while leaving their penal labor force behind.
>>
>>382095831
>how she bailed on him for Jack
because Mordecai is an autist who would rather talk to his bird instead of Moxxi.
>>
He turned into an absolute dick way too quickly for no real reason.

>Oh hey lets save the planet and get the space station back!

>SHOOT THOSE INNOCENT FAGGOTS OUT THE AIRLOCK HOOO YEAAAAAHH THAT FELT GOOD
>>
>>382098975
>Chooses based birdbro over slut that has fucked everything that has so much as looked at her
No problem here
>>
>>382095831
He hatched a new bird?
>>
Playing Borderlands 1 right now, does the game ever pick up its pace? I bought it to be shooty looty no think game, but it's really tedious in its first levels.
>>
>>382099014
They realised halfway through the writting that they had to somehow make Jack a villain.
>>
>>382097079
>Take a junkie bitch and turn her into a delicious brown waifu

Sasha a best.
>>
File: Chance!.jpg (189KB, 479x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chance!.jpg
189KB, 479x800px
>>382096440
The Claptrap DLC was the only good thing about TPS
>glitch items
>BL1 areas
>Asshole Jack instead of Lukewarm Jack
>Shadowtrap
>Despite everything, they're my friends
>>
why are there so many midgets on pandora

UVHM was mishandled, it can be so incredibly easy if you know what to do, but if you don't it's a fucking nightmare

I have maya with an ogre, and can play through the game pretty normally, but before I got that ogre I had to play really cautiously, and without the effortless phaselock slag it would have been even worse
>>
>>382099154
It's pretty slow and it gets slower at times especially if you're playing ti by yourself. It's meant more as a multiplayer game. Also the ending sucks dick unless you play General Knoxx's Armory. It hasn't aged very well.
>>
>>382088445
He was good in the beginning, but by the end of his story he was powercrazy and genocidal. I blame Moxxxy, that treacherous bitch.
Also tfw he founds out for the second time that his daughter is dead in the Tales From Borderlands and tries to play it cool
>>
>>382099014
It's that whole saying vs. showing thing. Instead of showing the character's growth throughout the entirety of the game, just have him say how good it feels to kill people every chance we get.
>>
>>382099440
I seriously doubt that angel was actually his daughter, it's way too convenient that he just happens to sire one of the sirens

it's more likely that he is really fucking psycho, and murders and kidnaps people for any reason, and we're just seeing his temporary portrayal of a normal person
>>
>>382099154
Actually let me clarify. Playing ANY Borderlands game by yourself is boring as fuck and you'll only get a fraction of the enjoyment out of it as you would playing with friends or even randos. You're better off playing something else if you can't play with anybody.
>>
>>382099154
No, not really. It's pretty bland, most people only looking at it through nostalgia googles.
>>
>>382099546
I didn't play the prequel, but I think be was a good guy there
>>
File: 1493409277434.jpg (15KB, 388x341px) Image search: [Google]
1493409277434.jpg
15KB, 388x341px
>>382099647
>tfw have no friends
>tfw played BL2 with that thought nagging me all the time
>tfw sold my ps3 and enrolled in to the army because of that
>tfw still have no friends after two years of service as a medic
>>
>>382089604
this is why I liked the first borderlands but stopped giving a shit not even half way through 2
>>
is there any fucking fix for FPS drops on PC?
>>
>>382100146
Get an actual PC instead of a toaster
>>
>>382100204
i5 6600 and 1060
still have drops to 25fps, even without that shitty outline
>>
>>382099154
The first DLC with the zombies has a much better pace than the main game.
>>
File: 1497293750524.png (512KB, 477x706px) Image search: [Google]
1497293750524.png
512KB, 477x706px
>>382089597
i got chills.
>>
>>382100558
>"I designed this shit in stages"
It was pretty fun
>>
>>382089193
hahAHA

I get it
>>
File: 1498224546417.jpg (135KB, 582x581px) Image search: [Google]
1498224546417.jpg
135KB, 582x581px
>>382097587
>Minecraft Story mode got a season 2
>TftB and TWAU didn't
>>
>>382097375
>>A game needs a wacky, over-the-top intro for it to be good

But Bayonetta did it good
>>
>>382099440
I love how no one mentioned in borderlands 2 jack sent the first vault hunters to die. He was already a nut job in the first one. The pre sequel retconned it. He was never a good guy.
>>
>>382097587
>>382100951
I think that they are waiting for BL3, since TFTBL are cannon and the second season will also be cannon. They'll tailor it to the plot of BL3
>>
>>382100951
>>382101195
Maybe they're waiting until after the Borderlands movie.
The movie is the same deal with Tales where it's a story about new characters in the setting but will contribute to the main story later.
>>
>>382101195
Probably, but BL3, man, it can come fast enough. I'm probably one of the few who legit enjoyed TPS and can't wait to see what's the "war" it foreshadowed is about.
>>
>>382101334
What war?
And on that note, was there even a fucking story in TPS? I tuned everything out and just shot niggas
>>
>>382101334
Haven't played TPS. Should I pick it up, keeping in mind that I have no one to play with?
>>
>>382101440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urkgk70pERY
>>
>>382101440
So, Athena was captured by Lilith (Brick and Morde, actually) and was rescued in the end by the alien creature with weird name, telling her a was is coming and for Pandora to survive, all vault hunters are needed, so he saved her.

>>382101504
I started it recently again, but PS4, sorry.
>>
>>382101537
And that's why you can't trust lesbians
>>
>>382101504
You'll play it once and never again.
>>
>>382101587
>PS4
Shit, so am I nigga
>>
>>382101440
Story is :
>Jack is corrupted
>Athena finds a gf
>There was a Vault on Elpis which contained infos on the Vault of the warrior, effectively launching the events of the first game
>Elpis Vault was not meant for mortal eyes, which is why Zarpedon tries to destroy it
>Dahl is bad
>They probably will want whatever is in Pandora now
>>
>>382101504
It's not worth soloing and the servers are a ghost town. Don't waste your money like I did.
>>
>>382101635
If you don't have it, just watch the key scenes, that'll do.
If you already have it, I'll post my PSN user so you can add me
>>
>>382101898
Don't have, I'll still probably pick it up used next week, after I get my paycheck
>>
>>382097375
It was designed that way to make it better for NG+ so the beginning where nothing happens isn't such a slow drag

BL2 had terrible pacing problems throughout the game, and BL1 up until you skill Sledge is just kinda boring
>>
>>382101989
I'm not gonna tell you what to do with your money, but I'll be among those who think it's better if you don't.

No-Gaems-

Don't forget the last dash if you get it
>>
>>382088445
>>382089462
All characters in Borderlands 2 are meme spouting fucktards and thus are shit
>>
>>382098446
Sal is good. He just showers the screen with Bullets while not giving a fuck.
>>
>>382101504
If you do play Solo play Wilhelm or Athena

nisha is gay and claptraps ability blows
>>
>>382102407
Thanks
>>382102178
It's only 8 euros used, so not much of a waste
>>
Gaige is objectively the best character to play in BL2. Especially if you fill in the first tree.
>>
>>382089604
It's one of the major reasons why BL1 was better.
Nobody gives a shit bout the story, just let me shoot shit and get loot.
>>
File: No.png (516KB, 1100x1530px) Image search: [Google]
No.png
516KB, 1100x1530px
>>382102496
Doppelganger is good as well but he's DLC
>>
>>382099138
At the end of bl2 he found a new bloodwing egg and adopted it, yeah
>>
>>382102782
>mfw this guy was the best and most fun character in the entire pre-sequel because he did not deal with anyone's bullshit
>>
>>382099272
UVHM was a piece of cake because I had pretty much every unique/legendary and the best variants of them by that point and I had every character except Zero maxed out because me and my friend did runs together. If you used slag and changed elements properly and knew how to spec without wasting slots you could mow down everything easily except the sponge DLC bosses with bullshit practically unavoidable AoE attacks.
>>
File: 1490801615412.png (98KB, 179x214px) Image search: [Google]
1490801615412.png
98KB, 179x214px
Say w/e you want, but you guys cant deny the fact that the game is fun as fuck with 4 people.
>>
>>382103235

That's the problem, no one here has any friends and judged it only by playing alone which is fucking shit anyways.
>>
>>382103235
No one does. All I personally hate is outdated memes and shitty writing, courtesy of our friend Anthony "The Steve Shives of Gaming" Burch
>>
>>382103235
I don't think people HATE Borderlands but are just upset that it could be so much better if Gearbox had any sort of direction and didn't just throw ideas at the wall and trim the fat later
>>
>>382103235
The shit writing and broken scaling aside I actually had a lot of fun with full parties. Utilizing teamwork, destroying everything ridiculously fast and trading/gridning for loot were always the best aspects of BL for me.
>>
File: file.png (937KB, 1024x643px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
937KB, 1024x643px
>>382089609
>>382097550
What can you expect from Cell's voice actor?

God I wish I had his voice
>>
>TPS tries to make Jack out to be a good guy pushed past his limits
>Completely glosses over the fact that his daughter is locked up and he is using her to manipulate and kill people to achieve his goals
Not to mention its strongly implied he murdered Angels mother to get direct control over her- a couple of different ECHO records in BL2 reference Angels mother disappearing and you can hear a young Angel asking where her mom is.

As much as I like the character of Handsome Jack he'd better well stay fucking dead in BL3 if the game ever fucking comes out. He's had his time to shine, move on.
>>
Recently played through Borderlands 2 and it was actually not that bad. Worse than 1 and full of cringe, but it wasn't that bad. The Prequel I haven't even beaten once despite starting it like 4 times. I always drop it when you get to the town with the mayor. It's boring and puts me to sleep.
>>
>>382103235
>The game is fun as fuck with 4 people
>implying any game can't be fun with 4 people

I pick up dog shit with my bare hands and it was much more enjoyable when I had my 3 friends with me
>>
File: 1474388371746.gif (2MB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
1474388371746.gif
2MB, 255x164px
>>382097683
He was upset at Felicity because one died to save hundreds, which made him use the same reasoning that DAHL was using so they could destroy the moon
>>
>>382098467
Pandora was a trashcan that became a mining planet when Rumors of a Vault/Eridium started showing up everywhere
>>
>>382103527
BL2's scaling goes full fucking retard once you get to UVHM, and doubles down on it with OP levels. TPS actually has much better scaling- smoother damage/health increases and number inflation is severely reduced.

One of TPS's biggest flaws is how there is fuck all to do at max level. No real raid bosses, only one story DLC, their busted ass loot system... the mutator in the Claptrap DLC just doesn't cut it.
>>
>>382103525
Pretty sure it's implied Angel killed the mother, which is why he locked her up in an attempt to keep her hidden. He later abuses her powers but I could see an explanation for his obsession with sirens to be because he wants to find away to get rid of her powers, but won't experiment on her.
>>
>>382102519
Too OP, fun though
>>
File: Blade.jpg (36KB, 599x456px) Image search: [Google]
Blade.jpg
36KB, 599x456px
>Borderlands thread with mínimum shitposting
What the fuck.

Not like I'm complaining it's unironically my favorite FPS series

Also, Gaige and Athena best girls.
>>
>>382097312
He died in Borderlands 2.
>>
>>382105685
It was a different guy

Body Double in BL2 used the watch thing to change his voice while Timothy surgery changed his natural speaking voice
>>
File: 1497514849159.png (125KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
1497514849159.png
125KB, 500x254px
>>382105582
They can happen once every blue moon but this isn't fresh discussion.
Borderlands 2 came out five years ago, TPS came out three years ago but it was shit, and Borderlandsfag don't give a shit about Battleborn.
The lack of any news or announcements is pissing me off more than anything else.
>>
>>382105789
At least they're working on the game for sure based on BL3 techdemo.

I just hope it turns out for next year at most, since is obviously not going to be released now.
>>
>>382089190
The insane level scaling killed it too
>>
post what you want in borderlands 3
want
>kill lilith
>brick and psycho playable
>some crazy robot wilhelm playable
>bring back atlas and kill bandit guns
>ACTUAL REVOLVERS
don't want
>cuckmaster burch
>BADASS BADASS BADASS
>pickle and annoying lesbian from TPS
>>
>>382106361
Atlas weapons
Gaige to make an appearance or be playable with a new set of skills

dead lillith

better scaling

less useless weapon variants.
>>
>>382106361
>more skill points
>good subclasses and abilities
>good gun abilities and use
>unique and cool powers
>fun quests
>enemies aren't bullet sponges
>>
>>382106361
Remove slag and the retarded manufacturer gimmicks
Lilith ODs on Eridium and then you kill her
All content must be made in-house
Mashers
>>
>>382106361
>less story
>more loot
>drop raid bosses unless you can solo them
>drop retarded scalling
>loot drop chance like in BL1
>just forget the writting
>lemme shoot and loot
>and let fucking oranges drop from mobs and in chests
>no fucking slag
>bring S&S and Atlas back
>drop retarded weapon gimmicks
>>
>>382105789
This.
Lack of any mentions of BL3 was the biggest disappointment of E3 for me.
>>
did anyone try the community patch for bl2?
heard it actually fixes assault rifles and some crap abilities
>>
>>382106682
Randy did an interview and the only things of note is that BL3 is still "in development" and they're cooperating with Lionsgate to make the script for the Borderlands movie.
Apparently Liongate is really eager to make this project.
>>
>>382106361
>cuckmaster burch

I thought he was confirmed gone, and that we got the BL1 writer now.
>>
>>382106361
>Kill Lillith, preferably as a boss.
>Minimum of old characters, definitely no reused VHs
>Proper elementalist character, but no a Siren
>>
>>382106361
Rhys and Fiona to return with the former being a major side character and the latter being a VH with bullet time or something more creative
>>
>>382106805
Burch has been gone for a while.
Mikey Neumann did work on the script for BL3 but he left Gearbox due to his failing health.
>>
>>382106868
Considering Ryes took over Atlas, he's guaranteed at least a cameo.
>>
>>382106779
Would be amazing if someone fixed retarded level scalling.
>>
>>382106978
from what i understand whoever is patching it can't seem to change anything that has to do with scaling
>>
>>382107018
Shame, I wish there was a mod for that.
>>
>>382106361
>more weapon variety and sidegrades
>krieg cameo or playable
>hyperion robot vh
>no retarded scaling
>more enemy and locale variety
>>
>>382106967
Worried their going to ruin his character and make him a bumbling idiot rather than a Desk Jockey out of his element, or try to make him overly charismatic and a dick in an attempt to get another Jack
>>
>>382106794
I honestly don't see a Borderlands movie coming out. I'm more surprised Liongate can withstand being in the same room as Randy for longer than 5 minutes
>>
>>382107145
It's gonna be another Tales situation where it's about new characters in the same setting.
>>
>>382107356
I don't doubt that, it's just that I'm willing to bet these will be those "Half life movie being made, bioshock movie being made"
And they never go anywhere because they realize the only reason these things work is because it's a game.
>>
>>382107449
Tales worked well and it's a >game not a game
>>
File: rhys vs poster.webm (2MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
rhys vs poster.webm
2MB, 1067x600px
>>382107136
Making him into Jack jr might get really interesting though, especially considering Jack literally lived inside his head. Now he lives in the shadow of Jack and has to constantly deal with his inferiority complex trying to rebuild his corporation from ruins.
Jack or no, having Rhys as antagonist would be really cool.
>>
File: aspis gortys.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
aspis gortys.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>382107356
Tales had some characters from base games, Athena for instance played a major role.
Considering they let Telltales kill Scooter, TfBL has to become canon to Borderlands.
>>
>>382107741
scooter died because the VA got cancer
>>
>>382107972
>cancer
He has multiple sclerosis.
>>
>>382102308

this teebeeaych faam

Everyone is a sarcasm factory see>>382090979
And Jack is one of the worst since he goes from dollar store evil Archer/Awesome X to a fucking cringe incarnate once he gets all "serious" about the thing with his daughter, culminating in the part where a character has to tell the player that the cartoonishly evil guy who kills people for fun is lying to you
>>
>>382108030
who the fuck cares ? he died
>>
File: catch a ride.webm (3MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
catch a ride.webm
3MB, 1067x600px
>>382107972
Regardless, Scooter's dead. Helios blow out of the sky, Hyperion in ruins and Atlas on its tracks to rebuild itself.
There's no way lore can ignore all that.
>>
File: newcsso.jpg (164KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
newcsso.jpg
164KB, 900x900px
>>382108240
Not dead yet.
He has a Youtube series he's doing full time now and is being supported by Patreon.
>>
>>382095932
Not to mention Lillith became a spacemeth-head
>>
File: drstrangelove.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
drstrangelove.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>382108294
That was the best way they could've handled his death.
>>
>>382098446
>>382098315
I only played these two and sort of disagree.
They are fun, sure....but dying with Gaige is a pain because you will lose all the stacks, forcing you to farm even more.
Krieg can be amazing but his ultimate has a known bug. It was never patched though. So sometimes you press "F" and instead of becoming a unkillable machine nothing happens and you die.
Also, BL2 had the best DLC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5xWdTX1Qcs
>>
File: 1477298843927.jpg (9KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
1477298843927.jpg
9KB, 250x222px
>>382108294
>tfw see you space cowboy
>>
>>382098290
Zer0 is the worst character to play as in any of the three games and the only people who play as him are weeaboos.

I made the same mistake as you, went for him and despised every second.
>>
>>382097079
I wanted my man Rhys to nut in Sasha so bad. Kind of wish they got more than a hug.
>>
>>382088445
>is cartoonishly evil for 95% of the game
>one possible moral grey area involving enslaving his own daughter because he had a good reason to do a shitty thing
>never explained
>get a prequel game to explain him
>is still mostly an asshole, just not a murderous one
>doesn't explain or even bring up the one question anybody left at this point would want answered
When you're a character who's that much of an inconsistent mess you can secretly be anything at any time.
>>
>>382109169
I picked Zer0 because the others didn't appeal to me as much. Gunzerker being a ugly hairy dude, generic military guy whose name I can't even remember and Maya who is fine too but I didn't like her ability.

Zer0 is pretty shit to play. he takes a while to get used to since his abilities don't just come naturally and you have to maneuver for backstabs and shit. And then come New Game+ his ability as an offense is useless since enemies have shit tons of health and practically 1-shot you when they retaliate with their own melee attacks.
>>
>>382103235
Everything is better with 3 friends. Getting assraped in prison is better with 3 friends.
>>
>>382109456
Gunzerker is the most fun character in the base game to play as, hands down.
>>
>>382098121
She's into older men. She like Sir What'shisname.
>>
File: 1495323489501.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495323489501.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
>>382106361
>kill Lilith
>bring back atlas guns as its own weapon rarity
>grenade launchers as it's own weapon class
>revolvers and repeaters to be split again
>alien weapons make a return
>all manufacturers make all guns again (Vlad Shotguns were rad as fuck)
>make the guns not look like plastic water guns
>minimal plot
>absolutely no Handsome Jack, don't even mention him by name, they had three games to explain him and didn't I don't care anymore
>retcon as much of BL2 as possible
>delete Janey from existence, find someone else to replace Scooter
>retcon Helena Pierce's death, make her playable
>no bullet sponges on higher difficulties
>only one "pet" action skill character
>fix loot scaling so when you finally get your ideal legendary it isn't outclassed in two levels
>custom weapons part system where you can attach different parts to act as upgrades to keep a gun useful for longer
>entirely custom melee weapon using this system, and the ability to equip it instead of a quick melee button
Alternatively
>Randy Pitchford to commit Hara Kiri live onstage at E3
So nothing that's ever going to actually happen.
>>
>>382103235
>Say w/e you want, but you guys cant deny the fact that the game is fun as fuck with 4 people.

>not much in the way of teamwork besides reviving each other and shootin the same bulletsponge at onceso it dies faster
>since there's zero punishment for death thanks to revives the game goes from mildly challenging but boring to trivial and boring

"fun with friends" is a meme spouted by people who can't find anything to talk to their friends about
>>
>>382100951
After their recent outings, I rather they leave TfBL alone. They're bound to fuck it up.
>>
>>382095930
her shotgun is so much better than the shitty hyperion sniper (thefuck?)
>>
>>382106361
Just bring back waifus. Getting tired of all these lesbians. Bring Fiona as a VH.
>>
Jack's VA knew what the fuck he was doing and did well with what he was given

Zer0 is pretty damn good too, everybody else is a garbage fire. I wanted to like Lilith. I really did.
>>
>>382110837
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Krieg
>>
>>382110982
This

Krieg master race
>>
>>382110837
Wilhelm was a fun character, and claptrap still gives me a chuckle in 1 and 2. (Not so much in presequel, but is a fun character to play)
>>
>>382089597
Why didnt it go slow motion?

Fucking trash.
>>
>>382110982

>you know how the bandits spout lolsorandom unfunny one liners?
>how about we make it so you can listen to them even in the few instances where you're not fighting bandits!
>>
>>382090547
Bullshit, BL1 was pretty mediocre. The sequel had far more variety of enemies and scenaries , a better skill system and a far better story and characters
>>
File: slide-tftbl1.jpg (265KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
slide-tftbl1.jpg
265KB, 1600x900px
How the fuck did this game even turn out good? I never thought I'd enjoy a TellTale game after Wolf Among Us. It perfectly captured the feeling of camaraderie on an adventurous road trip; something that western games are sorely lacking.
>>
>>382099253
You're retarded. Best player characters in the entire series, semi fixed loot system, cryo is great, no more slag.
>>
File: tftbl.jpg (470KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tftbl.jpg
470KB, 1920x1080px
>>382088445
Friendly reminder that Tales From the Borderlands is both the best Borderlands game and the best Telltale game
>>
>>382088445
I wanna have his babies
I'm male (male)
n-no homo
>>
File: 61136236_p0_master1200.jpg (149KB, 462x526px) Image search: [Google]
61136236_p0_master1200.jpg
149KB, 462x526px
Friendly reminder that Lilith and Moxxxi are cunts and the sole reasons for everything going to shit.
>>
File: Jakobs_terror_(aproximation).png (78KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jakobs_terror_(aproximation).png
78KB, 500x300px
>>382110039
>>grenade launchers as it's own weapon class
Fun Fact: Grenade launchers were originally going to be included in Borderlands 1 but were cut before release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMYbbRiVZQ
>>
>>382113141
That doesn't make it good, anon. I hope you know that.
>>
>>382112674
they put an actually good plot on a series that has minimal plot to begin with, it didn't feel forced and memery was kept to a minimum or had taste
>>
>>382106361
Want
>Actual PvP
>Actual trading
Don't want
>Randy
>>
>>382113141
Kind of wish you could've gone full evil, taken over Hyperion and succeed.
>>
>>382088445
This guy is probably Burch's self insert.
Meme man who meant well, but was destroyed by a woman.
This paralels Burch's being cucked.
POTTERY
>>
>>382112674
>>382113141
It's one of the few games I can think of were the entire cast was likable, memorable and well-utilised
>>
>>382106361
want
>melee oriented character
>proper weapon and enemy health scaling
>interesting skill trees that aren't just filled with boring 'you shoot 10% faster', 'you reload 15% faster' points (TPS did it pretty well)
don't want
>"helloo badass~. HOLY BADASS! Hey look out, a badass enemy"
>epic™ pop culture references
>Lilith
>>
>Be Jack.
>Acquire a doomsday device of godlike power.
>Use it to begin purge evil groups from the cosmos and generally making the cosmos a better place
>Group of degenerate and gays on the moon decides that its too much power for anyone to have, even if you are actually using it for good.
>Proceed to masqerade as your friend, then stab you in the back and blow up your doomsday device.
>Have a mental breakdown, develop trust issues and become a legit psychopath

Jack was the hero we needed, but Moxxi would not allow it
>>
>>382116891
>melee-oriented character
>in a game about guns

There's always one of you contrarian guys
>>
File: 1497815515265.jpg (15KB, 348x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497815515265.jpg
15KB, 348x320px
>>382117694
If Gearbox didn't want me to fantasize about melee in a Borderlands game then they shouldn't have made Kreig.
>>
>>382117694
>I hate variety
>>
>>382103235
This is a non-argument because every game is more fun with friends.
>>
>>382102407

>nisha literally makes the game ez modo with her skill
>Jack hits on you all the time
>>
Jack was the only tolerable character in the second and third games and was also good in the Telltale cash-in. Whether he was right in terms of the game's fucked up and horribly written lore doesn't matter, because he's objectively the only good character.

As for the fucked up and horribly written lore he went a little crazy but overall he was definitely in a better moral position than the main cast. A huge badass too which is why I think the ayyliums will revive him for 3. His boss fight is fucking hard when his AI doesn't break like every other enemy in the game who acts like a doorlicking fuckhead.
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434KB, 571x540px
>>382117972
I liked Tiny Tina
>>
>>382117972
and here's hoping Jack is playable in 3 too.

I don't see why not if the plot's gonna be "aliens return and gather or bring back as many tough guys as they can to fight greater existential threat/tyranid".

Jack's significantly tougher than any other vault hunter to date in terms of one-on-one and that's from the story, not just his boss fight.
>>
>>382118204
He is incredibly dead right now. Like 100% dead.
>>
>>382118280

i mean maybe. rhys can still keep his ai and the aliens apparently have the ability to raise the dead so who knows?
>>
>>382109456
The main reason I picked Zer0 was because I was a Mordecai main in BL1, so Zer0 being as bad as he was just added to the disappointment.
>>
>>382110039
>>kill Lilith
Borderlands should have continued as a series with zero continuity, and if they had to bring them back, don't make them main fucking characters.
>Adding personalities to characters that had barely any personality in the first game
Literally setting up for disaster.
>>
What grind my gears is why did Jack brought the Vault hunters from the second game to pandora, he willingly brought 5 extra Mercs that could ruin his plans.
>>
>>382118758
Because Burch doesn't know how to write.
>>
File: BestGirl.jpg (306KB, 2250x1461px) Image search: [Google]
BestGirl.jpg
306KB, 2250x1461px
>>382098016
Maya sometimes does these super sexy chuckles when you critkill something.
They... stir something in my heart.
Lilith was hot (in B1, anyway), sure, but Maya is just... Yes. All of it.

>ywn get crushed into a ball and set on fire by Maya and hear her sexy chuckle as the last thing in your life
Why live?
>>
>>382118919

>ywn marry Maya and later make her makeup cry her makeup away
>ywn breed her and make all thesirens to come after the current ones barring wife Maya dies
>>
>>382088445
Hero? no
he had good intentions start but he became more and more angry and frustrated and became a villain

He's easily the best character I the franchise tho
>>
This entire series is underage garbage and perfectly encapsulates the vapid FPS culture. Learn 2 roleplay u fucin' scrubs.
>>
>>382106361
What I would really want past all the obvious things, like GIVING BRICK BACK TO US, is a the ability to craft your own gun(s) from parts you scavenge from loot.
>>
>>382119424
>Roleplayer trying to talk down on others

Don't you have a costume to be sewing right now?
>>
Still play Borderlands 1 and 2, fuck presequel phoned in bullshit.
Glad Steam removed the shitty DRM and picked up multiplayer when gamespy died with the first game, I hope they keep the second game alive as well.
Gunplay and melee builds are more on point with Borderlands 1 and it's UI is built for KBM instead of console, replay audio is great also.
Talent builds and Gun quality choice of unique guns is better in Borderlands 2(mostly due to way longer dlc that actually has shit worth farming) and better characters, but has a way shittier UI and isn't nearly as good with extra features. There's also way more shit to collect in Borderlands 2 as well achievement farming is actually worthwhile.

I'm hopeful for the third game, but I'm sure they are gonna fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>382097541
>Rubi's not a bad gun
It was the key to a lot of builds until the grog nozzle. Its a stellar gun.
shame you cuck Mordi for it
>>
>>382119973
>But you bring me the booze and I'll give you one my sniper rifles.
>>
>>382097821
He was not that high up at the time, his boss referred to him as a code monkey.
Also, Hyperion before Jack was not the Hyperion we see in Tales post Jack. He turned it into the kill or be a desk jockey sort of deal we see in Tales
>>
>>382120185
what are you trying to say?
Sloth is a pretty shit rifle but the Rubi is godly for health regen
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
>>382113141
I fully agree, its one of the few games that I actually didn't want to finish, simply because I didn't want it to end.

Did you leave him hanging?
>>
File: Scoot Scoot.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Scoot Scoot.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
BL3 Wants

Fun Quests
No Bullet Sponges
interesting guns to use
ability that is worth using as each class's main
Less annoying side chars

id be ok with Tina coming back if they toned her down.

I'd like Fiona or Sasha or Rys or prefferably all 3 to be in the game maybe one of them as playable

less Moxxi & Lilith.
>>
>>382097805
this was a pretty fun scene
>>
>>382120903
People always like to bring out the bullet sponge meme but you already have options:
a) theyre not sponges if you're using specific uniques
b) stop playing on ng++
>>
>>382097079
actually burch also set the rule that Jack could not be redeemed even if the other writers wanted it
>>
>>382113141
>Best Telltale
I can't decide between it and TWD S1, they are so tonally different it's hard to compare the 2

What I really liked about Tales is that it made me like characters I hated into ones I like, Springs got some personality, Scooter became GOAT, and even Zer0 had great moments
>>
>>382120790
Nah, he was a straight up bro.
bro
>>
>>382118204
>and here's hoping Jack is playable in 3 too.
I want to know what happened to his doppleganger. He was the best character in the pre-sequel.
>>
>>382120318
Nah, Hyperion sucked shit long before Jack. If anything it might've been better under him from what we hear.
>>
>>382120903
>less Moxxie and Lilith
Lilith is going to be a main character, don't expect anything less. I hope see get whats coming to her.
As long as Moxxie is not treated like she was in TPS I'm fine with her.

I hope in BL3 all the BL2 hunters get some actual character. They are all pretty interesting, Krieg in particular, but BL2 never did anything with them.
>>
>>382118758
He brought more than 5. He had been bringing as many as he could and killing them. The main chars of BL2 just didn't die because of how BADASS they were
>>
>>382118725
Agreed. In fact I'd be perfectly fine with them retconing everything after BL1 and calling the new game "The Real Borderlands 2" or something of that vein.
>>
>>382122963
>Purposely wasting money to bring people from everywhere just to kill them
But why tho.
>>
>>382123180
well, Jack likes killing people, has access to nearly infinite money, but most importantly, the game specifically tells you at some point the Jack wanted to kill all potential vault hunters because he saw them as a threat
>>
>>382122963
They survived so that they could sabotage Sanctuary for Jack
>>
>>382123180
To show how BADASS he is. Seriously though I'd take a nonexistent plot with a disappointing ending over the mess of plot holes that was BL2 any day. It's got Fallout 3 levels of "why?"
>>
>>382107741
>teleports behind you
NOTHIN PERSONNEL KIDDO
>>
File: Angel BL1.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Angel BL1.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Making Angel anything other than a ghostly AI from a long dead civilization was a mistake. Same with giving her that awful fucking half shaved haircut.
>>
>>382123451
I think he kinda played that part by ear
>>
File: C38xKobUEAAPfZ9[1].jpg (70KB, 590x808px) Image search: [Google]
C38xKobUEAAPfZ9[1].jpg
70KB, 590x808px
>>382123072
>>"The Real Borderlands 2"
I'd be fine with it just to cuck Burch even more, but Gearbox is rotten to the core with no salvaging it.
>>
>>382088445
He was a corporate psychopath which makes him a little worse than the anarchist psychopaths of Pandora. so no.
>>
>>382124569
I honestly can't believe this thread got over 300 replies before this image or any iteration of it got uploaded
>>
>>382089604
I actually liked how the story was basically nonexistent. It really made the world seem more pessimistic, reaffirmed that Pandora was a backwater shithole that no sane individual would end up on. There was still enough flavor text/dialogue to make the game universe seem interesting, details about how the Crimson Lance operated and the motivations of the various megacorporations.
>>
>>382088445
Obviously, he says it all the time
>>
>>382095930
She didn't want Mordecai drinking himself to death
>>
>>382124798
being able to replay echos on the first UI was the best fucking thing and the fact the UI was built for KBM. BL2 UI was shit
>>
>>382125037
>Denying a man his booze after his best friend just died
He needs to drink away his sorrows somehow.
>>
File: 1498060244716.jpg (40KB, 550x467px) Image search: [Google]
1498060244716.jpg
40KB, 550x467px
>>382088445
Well Burch probably *intended* him to be hated, but his writing is so shit that by inversion he created a villain who was objectively in the right.
>>
>>382124569
Bonus points for making Helena playable and giving her class selection screen flavor text that says something like "Did you think she was dead? Pandora's a tough place, here weaklings die faster than a 300 pound heat disease victim."
It's bullshit that she was killed off in favor of promoting Ellie considering Helena was the face of the game in early stages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSvTqfmv3DE
>>
>want to play through BL1
>keep getting lost without the mini map
how causal am I?
>>
File: latest[2].png (460KB, 436x615px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
460KB, 436x615px
>>382125301
>Thinking Burch even knew who Helena Pierce was
>Thinking Burch put any effort into writing the characters

>Patricia Tannis went from being a researcher that had to watch her crew die one by one, and slowly lose her mind over the course of months, to a Reddit memespouter that talks about bacon
>>
>>382125678
There's the compass you follow instead.
>>
>>382125678
considering you want to play ANY borderlands game, pretty fucking casual.

that's ok though, we're all casual in this thread. I got lost in BL1 a lot too.
>>
>>382125767
as long as it's not just me who gets lost
>>
>>382125156
The thing about a good villain is that they are never objectively right. You have to be able to empathize with them, but if they're still going to be a true "villain," there has to be something objectionable about their methods or desires.
>>
File: Tannis_splash.png (378KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tannis_splash.png
378KB, 640x360px
>>382125743
Don't get me fucking started on Tannis.
>BL1 Tannis
>jaded intellectual type at first
>witnessed brutal deaths of everyone around her and became numb to the idea of death
>driven mad by fear of isolation
>fears isolation to the point where she lured a bandit into her camp, murdered him because yeah, still a fucking bandit, and spent weeks talking to his corpse while making up backstories and personalities for him and whatever inanimate object she could find
Then we got
>BL2 Tannis
>now suddenly afraid of social interaction
>flavor text mentions that she has Asperger's syndrome which suggests that she was always a bit unhinged
>nailed disemboweled animals to her door to keep other people away so she can be alone
>had an actual aneurysmwhen she received a token compliment from a stranger
There's fucking up because you didn't read the source material and then there's fucking up because you read cliff notes on a wiki and then did the exact opposite of what they suggested.
>>
>>382125767
>>382125853
Nah you both just suck at following directions and using a compass. There's a fuck huge marker always pinned to it and it centers on where you need to go. It's not a game thing it's a stupid thing, Yous a stupid anon. There's something wrong with your jelly orb in that rattling socket you got.
>>
>>382126534
But at least we're stupid together
>>
>>382088445
I stopped playing when they forced two characterss from the last game to be an interracial couple for no apparent reason.
>>
>>382126075
Too bad that aside from him being unhinged there's nothing objectionable about him, and he's saintly compared to the average Psycho on Pandora.
>>
>>382126534
Those markers don't do jack shit for the scavenger hunt missions. All they do is mark the giant ass area you gotta meticulously comb through to find your objectives.
>>
>>382126861
Didn't really give a shit, but I'm actually glad Roland was the leader of Sanctuary and he ended up being great. Roland was based in the first game and based in the second. home run for nailing Lilith. So I could give less of a shit.
>>
>>382126534
there where several times in one of the first areas, Firestone I think where I was following the compass and apparently took a wrong turn/went up instead of down and ended up in the wrong place
>>
>>382126896
Except he mass murders innocents for no reason but to stroke his ego
>>
>>382127341
Even in all that, the map is super clean and easy to follow. The UI was clean for the first game and was made for KBM and minimal cluster.
But what the fuck am I expecting from today's poster they suck at video games in general and can't take the minute to browse the UI when they start and fuck around with controls.
>>
>>382127163
How was he based in BL1? I mean, in 2 he does become the leader and tries to help everyone on Pandora okay, but in the first game he was just generic black soldier man. The best part about him was his ammo regen.

t. Roland player
>>
>>382127041
>saint
>methodically murder hundreds with mortar strikes, drive slave labor to death, and strangle your own employees or use them for slag or medical test subjects in horrendous inhumane experiments
>>
>>382127571
I'm sure it was mostly me being dumb but it was still annoying the first few times
I don't think 'm' was set as my map hotkey either so that made it bothersome too
>>
>>382127893
Truth be told I can't think of a single time using the actual full map in borderlands 2. Which leads me to say it probably wasn't a good idea to add float markers and the minimap.
Should have stuck to the compass. Being able to get lost and actually have danger in zones you were in was fun.
>>
>>382126348
Roland is worst offender of this.
>BL1
>deserted who was tired of Hyperion
>funny one liners
>chill as fuck
>BIGGER AND BETTER!

>BL2
>cold soldier
>gotta focuse on the mission
>no time to discuss

Fucking Burch.
>>
>>382128156
Wasn't it Atlus that owned the Crimson Lance.
>>
>>382128269
Yeah sorry my mistake.
Still they went full 180% with his character.
>>
>>382128453
>180%
is this some none American thing or can I laugh at it freely?
>>
>>382128453
I still see it as Roland took the world on his shoulders and that made his colder. He realized he could never actually abandon his brother in arms after shit went sour for them and gave them a purpose. This also meant he practically became Knox. The man he ended up destroying in the first place. So he kind of fucked up the balance of shit and ultimately had to create a situation in which they could rebuild and fight.
>>
>>382126348
What I don't get is in your first interaction with her in BL2 she says something that implies she would like to sex your character. It's such a strange line to me, is it a leftover from a rewrite? because as far as I know it's completely out of character
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.