[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Devil Daggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Devil_Daggers.png (24KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Devil_Daggers.png
24KB, 1920x1080px
How do I GIT GUD at this game, /v/?
So far my best run was just over 130 seconds.
>>
>>382088206
never using homing daggers till 3rd upgrade
>>
>>382089124
I haven't gotten homing daggers yet, but I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>382089168
right-click
>>
File: Steam_2017-06-28_08-27-48.png (13KB, 430x135px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-06-28_08-27-48.png
13KB, 430x135px
>>382088206
Just practice, you'll get it eventually.
>>
>>382089409
Don't you need to reach 70 gems before you can shoot homing daggers?

>>382089429
The difficulty curve in this game is like climbing a cliff, only to find a bigger, steeper cliff right after. Every time you fall, you need to climb back from the bottom of the first cliff.
>>
So does the game go on forever or is there an actual "ending"? Because I remember hearing there's bosses, plural, but I've only seen footage of one
>>
>>382089768
It's so difficult, I'm not sure anyone would be able to even reach the ending if there was one. Not without cheating, anyway.
>>
>>382089645
I'd recommend looking at some replays to see what kind of things you might need to do progress more and what kind of mistakes you are making.
Most of the current replays on the leaderboards use farming however and if you can't do that yet you might be better off watching this replay instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTQ0xapREEM
>>382089768
There's one boss that spawns at 350 seconds but it still just keeps going forever.
>>
>>382090058
Is there a reason he doesn't kill those two horned skulls spinning around him for so long?
>>
>>382090412
Once you get good enough the first like 200 seconds without farming become so easy he is just doing it out of boredom.
>>
I only can get to 200 seconds consistently and get fucking swamped, but holy hell do i enjoy this game. Seeing your friends scores and progress was a pretty slick way to keep me obsessing with gitting gud. I also really dig the aesthetic. Are there any other indie games that try to emulate that old school 3d look?
>>
>>382090982
There are currently quite a lot of indie games that have a low poly aesthetic but none of them manage to do it as well as devil daggers does, for starters none of them emulate the software rendering look that DD has.
>>
File: hide.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
hide.webm
3MB, 854x480px
Making webms for this game is a bitch
>>
>>382090982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef_41JpwqdE

Strafe looks pretty good. Haven't played it, though.
>>
>>382090982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drD6pWAKnJk
Soon I hope
>>
>>382091367
Strafe is extremely mediocre. Don't get it unless it's at like $5 or less, or just pirate it.
>>
>>382091367
Sadly Strafe was rather disappointing, it's only decent but with so many weird design decisions and missed potential, it also manages to feel very rushed even after being delayed.
I wouldn't call it a bad game however, I'd give it a 6.5 or 7/10 and mostly because of the secrets it has that are way better than the main game.
>>
>>382091686
>>382091767
Ah, that's sad to hear. I had hopes for that one.
>>
Already seeing an improvement in scores with this thread. Average is higher and I just pass 140 but died to a skull 1, lol.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.