[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rainbow six siege

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: 1471997764507.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1471997764507.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Is this a meme or what? It's like 20 bucks on steam right now and im kinda tempted.
>>
>>382085371
don't. the game gets less fun the more you play. i'm close friends with everyone in the pro league community and none of the pros enjoy playing the game outside of practice and matches. the game will likely be dead by this time next year unless Operation Health makes some significant improvements, which is looking more unlikely with every announcement.
>>
It's pretty good, make sure you get that version that's $23 instead of the starter edition.
>>
You will probably get your monies worth. I enjoy it
>>
>>382085598
>larping
>>
it was fun maybe year ago
now it get kinda cancerous
but thats just how comp game is
>>
>>382085598
>literally reddt: the post
>DONT!
>because... i know a guy, who is totally an expert
>thus makes me a perfect candidate for explaining to you why you shouldnt!

and this nigger probably bought PUBG or dayz or some trash ass nigger game thatll be dead in 6 months

rainbow 6 is super fun, definitely worth buying and is going to get supported for alteast 1.5 years from now, great game to get into
>>
Do you gotta get the year 2 thing too?
>>
>>382085789
The Year passes let you unlock additional operators instantly, for free (just by spending real money instead). You can unlock these DLC operators by just grinding, but they cost more than 10x the amount of normal operators.
>>
>>382085371
Fun game, don't touch the starter edition with a 10 foot pole though unless you think saving 5 bucks is worth hours of farming for base operators.
>>
>>382085695
>>382085759
casual players who dont know how the game works. check twitter. people who are 1000x better than you will ever be cannot stand playing this game any longer than they have to.

the last pro league finals, which is LAN at one event in Katowice, was played on 112 ping. a lan event with 112 ping. in a game whose network code takes the cake for being the worst ever published in a AAA fps game, by far. with awful balancing and a terrible balance team that focuses on the subreddit for public opinion.

op, buy the game if you want, but don't expect to be good AND enjoy yourself. you either stay casual and never understand the game or you learn the game and as a byproduct of that become exposed to its many blatant, glaring flaws and start to hate it more with every hour and regret your purchase.

casual players are too bad at the game to recognize why it's so awful
>>
>>382085759
PUBG dead in 6 months? I wish I could talk to you 6 months from now and show you that it is actually bigger.
>>
>>382086157
Why is it bad at high level?
>>
>>382086157
If proleague players hate the game so much, why are participating in the proleague season going on at this moment?
>>
i have a spare cd key i got with my 6700k a few months back, anyone weant it
>>
File: 1492053857946.jpg (24KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1492053857946.jpg
24KB, 450x337px
>>382085598
>i'm close friends with everyone in the pro league community
>>
Tends to attract people who are shit and blame their team for their failure, then get salty afterwards. Otherwise, the game is really quite fun, the sound design is great and that maps are nice. The destruction is great as much more than a gimmick and is integral to the gameplay, which is a really refreshing element in a fairly stale genre.

If you can get it with some friends it would be ideal, but I mainly play solo and love it. Don't buy the operator packs unless you have money to blow, they aren't that bad to unlock and it gives you a nice sense of progression.
>>
>>382086481
yes please :)
>>
>>382086571
how do i message someone o nthis website
>>
>>382085371
Really fun and to get a game takes like 10 seconds.
>>
>>382086610
If its just a key code post it here
>>
>>382086610
sent ;)
>>
>>382086610
OuO
>>
Couldn't figure out the message function so I'll just post it here, it's one of the below

IRL4S-88RE7-7A468
8P4IB-EDDR6-7575A
P5RJC-6RL4F-9RHPO
6EE4R-4IQM2-TSP5D
IP8II-LL8JT-BQQCB
>>
>>382086854
Not a steam code
>>
>>382086393
ubisoft's incompetence is frustrating. the netcode is incredibly frustrating after you've dealt with it for 3,000 hours. when you're losing rounds that could cost you your chance at the 500k prize pool (or in most people's cases the ranked points) because your headshot didn't register, when the replays CLEARLY show the enemy's head tilting back and exploding with blood, it becomes tiring after the 1000th time it happens, and it happens every single match. People in Siege have an advantage the higher your ping is because of the way lag compensation works. The game's high level meta is pick a 3 speed operator, because the netcode combined with the small hitbox makes them very very hard to challenge, and sprint around like it's call of duty because the faster you're strafing the more unlikely it is that you'll die.

the balance is also pretty bad. glaz just got nerfed after being incredibly broken for a while after being buffed from useless status, all because Reddit complained nonstop about him being useless.
Blackbeard is STILL ridiculous, he can tank multiple headshots in a game where trades are pretty much instant at high level, and even if you break his shield it's currently bugged (and has been since he launched) to where bullets disappear into him during the shattering animation.

To give you an idea to what extent Ubisoft's Incompetence reaches, they announced back in ~February that they were upping the tickrate to 60. Well, turns out, they were incapable of doing this, but didn't tell anyone. Just recently with Op Health they said theyre upping it further. To what did they raise it? 60. From what? 50. They decided not to tell anyone they weren't able to reach 60 in the first place, and it's been at 50 this whole time and everyone thought it's already been at 60. Now it's been revealed, "haha hey guys... about that tickrate..."
>>382086402
Because these guys are excited to be pros, and money. They're afraid to quit because this is their 1st exprnce
>>
>>382085598
>i'm close friends with everyone in the pro league community
Why even tell a lie like this?
>>
>>382085371
Good with friends but a pretty buggy game that will never reach its potential
>>
>>382086610

good one
>>
>>382086912
no shit uplay has their own system
>>
>>382087145
not to mention the stupid amount of bugs and glitches that come with every single patch.

The reason last LAN was actually played on Eastern European servers with 112 ping instead of an actual lan build is because projectiles don't register if the game doesn't reach a certain ping, for whatever fucking reason. They tried playing an offline build and things like Hibana's x-kairos pellets and Ash's launcher charges were straight up just not working.
>>
File: Hey, dumbass.gif (347KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Hey, dumbass.gif
347KB, 256x192px
>>382085598
>>382086157
You mentioned things are are problems with most popular games.
>>
>Set up defenses and find a spot to wait
>Sit there for a while
>Get instantly peeked and shot around a corner

>Find objective with drone
>Go in
>Get blasted by someone hiding in a corner
It's one of those games that's really fun if you're good at it, and really isn't if you're not
>>
fun game
>>
>>382087274
Not a uplay code either
>>
>>382085371
The Division is better
>>
Why dont you buy it and find out for yourself?
You can get a refund if you don't like it.

Or is it too hard to form your own opinion on a game?
>>
>>382087473
you're significantly underestimating the severity of the network code's issues and ubisoft's incompetence.
this game is built on the same engine as assassin's creed. assassin's creed.

for example,
>>382087547 complains about getting shot around corners. it's pretty blatant and it happens with every single trade in the game. most games have some sort of lag comp to negate this or at least minimize it. not rainbow. in rainbow, if you go around a corner fast enough, you have significantly more time to peek before the person you're peeking sees you on his screen. ever wonder why it seems like people kill you instantly around corners, yet in the killcam they were staring at you for a full second? it's the peeker's advantage, and it's just anti-fun. watch kinggeorge or ecl9pse or canadian or anybody that streams the game at a high level and you'll hear them all complain nonstop about 3 speed ash/jager mains with 120+ ping flying around corners dropshotting (which fucks with hitboxes an incredible amount, to the point where people's heads literally go inside their bodies in some cases and make them impossible to headshot) and being unkillable because of the way the game handles networking.

ash jager main is a meme for a reason in the community. it's because if you play ash/jager exclusively you're probably abusing the broken development, unknowingly or not. and not only does it fuck with peeker's advantage, it fucks with hit registration too. whether your bullets register is a complete roll of the dice, it's insane. it's part of the reason why high RoF weapons like the R4C and the F2 are so potent and considered the best guns in the game, they fire so many bullets per second that their shots register more often than the UMP or something of that nature.
>>
>>382086393
He's not totally wrong. Op Health has done NOTHING to fix the game. 3 speed ops are broke as fuck due to downdropping+shitty netcode+weird hit boxes. From what I've heard, matches in the pro leagues are constantly having to be redone due to glitches and shit. Pro people know how to abuse the game systems better than anyone else, and it totally fucks up balance.
>>
>hey guys you know that content that some people have already paid for in advance
>yeah fuck that lets waste 3 months to "improve" the health of the game
>whats that people saying we need new server?
>fuck em they must want loot boxes instead
ubisoft ladies and gentlemen
>>
File: Yeah!.jpg (350KB, 1024x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Yeah!.jpg
350KB, 1024x1008px
>>382088106
>>382087975
The game has changed more and more since I've played the Beta, and it only continues to improve (with he exceptions of the Japanese operators literally being better versions of previous operators).

They have added caliber-based destruction, reduced spawn-killing situations, and redesigned the hitboxes of every operator in the game as to reflect bodily mass instead of visual obstructions such as earmuffs and padding.

These may sound like small things on paper but they fundamentally change the way that the game is played and they do something like these aforementioned changes almost every patch or so.

Even if the netcode is less than desirable, this game has more to offer than any FPS I've ever played and it will continue to better itself as long as we don't repeat the Japanese patch.
>>
>>382088273
Getting muh operators and playing them in a broken ass game isn't worth it.
>>
>>382089290
i wouldn't be complaining if they actually fucking did something, so far all they did was make matchmaking QOL changes
>>
>>382088765
>caliber-based destruction
that nobody asked for and everyone dislikes. It's annoying to make kill holes on defence now unless you have a pump shotgun because every defense weapon uses small calibers, and auto-shotguns make smaller holes than pumps for some reason.
>redesigned the hitboxes of every operator in the game as to reflect bodily mass instead of visual obstructions such as earmuffs and padding.
which good for operators like blitz, but they also did this for 3 speed operators who were already hard to kill in the first place. Jager and IQ for example got even harder to kill when they were already 3 speeding around corners at mach speed. Every 3 speed is borderline Ash-tier now.

The game is the best FPS I've ever played in terms of concept.

In terms of execution and the product that we're given, it's the worst fps I have ever played.
If I were given 1 video game related wish, it'd be for a competent dev team to make a Siege clone. Ubisoft Montreal simply does not have the management or the talent capable of making this game what it deserves to be. Maybe in silver or gold where nobody knows how to abuse the game to its fullest extent it's not that frustrating, but when you're playing where everyone knows how to abuse glaz, blackbeard, and worst of all the netcode, it's simply antifun. More and more pro players are playing less and less, for a reason. nvK, a player many consider to be one of the best in the world and the best in NA, has expressed multiple times how tired and unfun the game is to play outside of practice and comp. Necrox has stopped playing completely outside of prac and comp, Yung has too outside of the occassional stream. Ecl9pse, Slash, BC, Jarvis, Avian, and plenty more don't even play unless they're streaming or playing competitive. Hell, even Serenity17, who was making bank and was inarguably the biggest Siege personality at one point, completely abandoned the game after a season of playing competitively and being exposed.
>>
>>382089347
I no longer have to wait 10+ minutes to find a FUCKING MATCH so I think thats a little better than QOL.

They said they'd do 3 patches. 1. Fix matchmakings shitpile of wretchedness and hitboxes. 2. TICK RATE AND SHITTY HIT REG / PING CHEATING 3. Fuckload of fixes to shit that shouldn't even be broken but by god it is (ie Hibana bug)
>>
>>382086854
They didnt fucking work
>>
>>382089596
>tick rate
theyre raising it from 50 to 60, when they had "confirmed" in the past that they had already raised it to 60.

at the invitational, the lead network developer mentioned that if they want to fix the game's core hit-registration and peeker's advantage issues they'd have to rewrite massive portions of their network code. don't expect much from the patches. i'll believe it when i see it.
>>
>>382089747
Neither do I but that's what the fucking said so here we are.
>>
The game is fun if you're playing with friends. But if you want all the characters buy the year 2 pass. If you don't, be prepared to grind your ass off for 1 player
>>
>>382085371
never play games which were supported by Ubisoft. Worst server management ever, same patterns of how to play games, takes a lot of time to actually do something on server, since people who are playing this game are really dedicated players, so they know all the know-hows to efficiently kill enemies and usually newbies end up being killed multiple times and getting despaired.
>>
>>382085598

look at all these replies. leave it to fucking nu/v/

im usually appalled by people shouting "shill this shill that" on /v/ but its fucking obvious with 6 baby ass responses to first post that

eughhhhhhh
>>
>>382085371
It's fun. One of the few multiplayer games I don't mind solo-queuing in. It's even more fun with friends.
>>382085598
Playing Siege in ranked is the worst way to play it. The game isn't designed to be competitive in that manner no matter how much they wish it was.
>>
>>382085371
It's a really fun game unless you want to be a comp fag.
>>
>>382085371
OP if you have a ps4 get the game for casual fun. if you have a pc get the game knowing its only fun if you play casual or while being high.
if you are gaming on a budget get rising storm 2 vietnam instead.
>>
>>382086157
Listen to this anon. Siege isn't the game shills pretend it is. You'll get 2 hours or so until you figure it out the hard way.
>>
>>382085371
There's nothing else like it, it's very fun, but also broken as hell. I've sunk a lot of hours into it, but I always end up taking breaks that last for several months because I'm so fucking tired of getting killed from around corners by 150+ ping 3-speeders. It's worth it at a low price, I think.
>>
>>382089389
>>caliber-based destruction
>that nobody asked for and everyone dislikes. It's annoying to make kill holes on defence now unless you have a pump shotgun because every defense weapon uses small calibers, and auto-shotguns make smaller holes than pumps for some reason.
Good, if not for realism's sake, I like that the defenders have to take a shotgun to make killholes unless they are willing to use multiple clips for a similar effect. Defenders already have an easy enough time, and this made them choose between vision and practicality when it comes to engagements at a distance.
>redesigned the hitboxes of every operator in the game as to reflect bodily mass instead of visual obstructions such as earmuffs and padding.
which good for operators like blitz, but they also did this for 3 speed operators who were already hard to kill in the first place. Jager and IQ for example got even harder to kill when they were already 3 speeding around corners at mach speed. Every 3 speed is borderline Ash-tier now.

While I dislike the 3 speed meta myself, this was a much needed change, because if you think about it, this makes it more difficult for everyone, including 3 speed operators, to get confirmed kills and I know you're talking about pro play which means they are good shots in the first place, but it gives people as much as an even playing field as possible until they directly address 3 speed op hitbox issues like the head clipping inside the body that you mentioned earlier.

This game will thrive and I have no doubts about that.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.