[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good port?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 655px-MM3D_NA_Box_Art.png (677KB, 655x599px) Image search: [Google]
655px-MM3D_NA_Box_Art.png
677KB, 655x599px
Is this a good port?
>>
>>382077624
No because
>muh atmosphere
Who the fuck cares if it improved basically everything else, it fucking ruined the original creepy atmosphere the game had
It deserves to be erased from existence
>>
>>382077624
Yes
>>
>>382077624
ATMOSPHERE
>>
It's okay
Best version is just emulating on PC
A PC from 10 years ago can run it at 4k with perfect AA, and it looks pretty good.
>>
>>382077783

How so?
>>
>>382077920
Some turbo autists are angry that they changed the lighting in some areas
>>
File: b1.png (74KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
b1.png
74KB, 625x626px
>>382077902
>Best version is just emulating on PC
>>
>>382078271
>not 240p, 14fps on a N64
>not 240p, 28fps on a 3DS
>better controls
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's objectively best.
>>
As a hardcore autistic majora's mask fan:

Good:
>Much better models and textures, and improved lighting/particles that with 1 exception (great bay temple) preserve the atmosphere and for the most part and still feels creepy
>Gyorg fight is better
>Doesn't make you rewatch the business scrub cutscene
>Better framerate
>Song of double time allowing you to choose specific times to fast foward to.
>Gyro arrow controls
>Fishing
>if you have a n3ds/xl, you have camera rotation/control via c nub

Neutral:
>The bombers notebook is a little less obtuse and more organic to use, but it's also a little too helpful.
>Likewise, the save system is less obtuse, but allowing you to save without it being attached to going back in timee also removes some of the stress the game is meant to invoke, but you can impose thee limit artificially anyways.
>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse. Some people like the change, some don't.
>Bank placement is moved

Bad
>Odolwa fight was made very easy, especially with the deku mask.
>Ice arrows can't be used just anywhere anymore.
>Zora swimming less fun, which outweighs the benefit of easier control in tight spaces.
>Bombers notebook pops up automatically and takes a while to do so, is annoying
>You have to get out of rolling as goron to hit Goht, but this isn't nearrly as bad as Odolwa's change
>It's harder to use the Deku spin to go faster (super minor thing to count against it, but it's there)
>Great bay temple's atmosphere is changed due to less gritty textures and brighter lighting

Overall, it's about on par with the original, with most of the good chanages canceling out the bad ones and vis versa.
>>
>>382078271
>implying it isn't
>>
File: 1336629479925.jpg (138KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1336629479925.jpg
138KB, 600x849px
>>382077624
great if you're replaying the game, but for the first time I'd recommend playing the original version, as the transition removed some of the characteristic atmosphere of the game, and neutered Zora swimming which was extremely fun in the original

also the boss fights now feel extremely artificial with the retarded BIG EYE gimmick

again, if you've already played the original then it's a good way to play it on the go, I guess
>>
>>382078031

Oh... thank you.
>>
>>382077783
>"improved basically everything else"
>zora swimming is fucked
>ice arrows are useless
>save system is neutered
>bosses are now all generic Zelda bosses with big eyeballs you hit three times
Nah, the only real improvement is better control over time so you're not waiting around during the sidequests. Shitting on the atmosphere is just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>382078703
>>382078832
Turbo autists like so.
>>
>>382079120
$0.03 has been deposited into your eShop account
>>
>>382079205
Still a turbo autist.
>>
>>382078391
So you're just ignoring the GC version because you can't emulate it properly?
>>
>>382079609
>gc version
It's the 64 version running in a badly made emulator, why would anyone with at least 2 neurons choose to play that version when there are better alternatives.
>>
>>382079609
The GC version is shit anyways, loads of visual glitches and saving doesn't work half the time. VC is overall the best official release.

>>382079469
>s-stop making fun of me t-turbo autist!
I think you might be the turbo autist here anon.
>>
>>382077624
It's an okay port, but it's not as good as the original.

Zora swimming was gimped, Ice Arrow platforms no longer exist, instead there's markers you shoot and those turn into ice platforms, trivializing already easy puzzles. Boss battles in general are better because the boss battles in the original were pretty basic.

Overall it's an okay port. Wish they added more content, though.
>>
>>382077624
Fuck the new Gyorg fight, that shit is tedious with the mines
The old one was fine and scary as fuck having to be in the water with him
>>
I can't blame them for changing everything considering the average streamer is literally retarded and streamers are their best advertising source.
>>
>>382078467
>>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse. Some people like the change, some don't.
No, it's objectively terrible. His hit counter resets if you don't hit him enough to knock him down before he goes back underground. You can see there for an hour wailing on him and make no progress in the battle before getting angry enough to throw your 3DS at a wall.
>>
>>382078467
You're missing
>no hero mode
>MASSIVE eyeball weakspots on bosses
>two button-bound item slots instead of three
>>
>>382080813
>objectively
Argument discarded
>>
>>382077783
>Who the fuck cares if it improved basically everything else
Other than gameplay.

The only improvements were adding fishing holes.
>>
>>382077624
I feel like Grezzo had a better vibe with Ocarina's remake. Majora's Mask feels a lot smaller on the 3DS than it does on the N64 for some reason. Either is great though. It's a fantastic game and one of those that you probably won't be crazy about on your first playthrough, but it will grow on you.
>>
>>382082962
eyeball weakspots is better casual pandering than simply weakening the boss
>>
What would you guys do to make a majoras mask remake better? Pro tip your idea is shitty too, along with nintendo
>>
File: 1471896585016.gif (184KB, 960x512px) Image search: [Google]
1471896585016.gif
184KB, 960x512px
>>382084479
I get what you mean by feels smaller, but I think that's part of the charm. Its a pocket-sized MM that lets you enjoy the good parts of the game with more convenience.

It makes good zelda accessible to casuals, while streamlining things for easygoing enjoyment for fans.
>>
>>382084479
Grezzo's style gelled great with OoT. It's a pretty good representation of the concept art, which is far from "gritty and realistic" the way some fanboys claim based on how many muddy, low-res textures the original game has. MM is notably darker in the artwork though, with a lot of heavy shading and silhouettes reminiscent of the Hellboy graphic novels, so being more bright and colorful does hurt that game.
>>
>>382077624
Complete improvement on the original even though fixing the bosses the way they did was more than enough.
>>
>>382085597
>MM is notably darker in the artwork though, with a lot of heavy shading and silhouettes reminiscent of the Hellboy graphic novels, so being more bright and colorful does hurt that game.

But the in game models for mm were the same as oot aside from slightly, barely more polygons
>>
>>382084927
Make the zora egg collection not require bottles. Fuck the stupid delivery shit. Either that or make it possible to hold 2 eggs in one bottle, so it can be done on a single trip provided you have four bottles.

Swap the boss and miniboss of Stone Tower Temple. Twinmold is a lame and easy boss in both versions of the game. It's a common worm in zelda 1 and 3, so why a boss in MM? It has nothing to do thematically with the temple or the region like the other temple bosses. A brand new boss entirely would probably be too deviating too much, but it'd be really cool to fight a boss which requires flipping the temple to defeat. Suppose a giant biped who you can fight with the giant's mask, or you fight him as a child and shoot his knees to bring him down to size.
>>
>>382077783
>>382078832
MM was never good in the first place, so all of the shit you're complaining about is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>382077902

How is N64 emulation these days? I haven't tried it out in about ten years.
>>
>>382078467

>Ice arrows can't be used just anywhere anymore.

What? What did they do to the ice arrows?
>>
>>382087339
You can only use them to freeze water in the dungeon in specific spots.
>>
>>382087408

Well that's pretty shit. Not that I ever use them anyway, but still, it seems pointless to reduce them to that.
>>
>>382087174
Only game that's given me trouble is Banjo-Tooie, PJ64 has some known problems with it. Played dozens of other games, the two zeldas multiple times, and it works right out of the box, as soon as you configure the controls.
>>
>>382087664

Well that's a nice improvement. It was really shaky 10 years ago.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.