[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Co op horde mode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: 1471115115675.jpg (11KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
1471115115675.jpg
11KB, 297x170px
Is pic related the only populated co op horde game to play with pugs? I want that world at war zombie mode feel again.
>>
>>382073993
Game is boring. Guns are boring. same enemies.
>>
Just play the first Killing Floor. You did get it when it was free a few days ago, right?

>he didn't

Hahahahahaha
>>
>>382073993
I can't explain why I cannot enjoy the game. Love the first, had plenty of good time with it, but this one is so boring, and I can't explain why, it's driving me nuts
>>
>>382073993
It was fun at first but gets stale pretty quick.
>>
>>382073993
It's fun for a week.
>>
>>382074967
I did, it's what got me interested in 2
>>
>>382075043
for me everything in kf2 looks and feels too clean and bland. old killing floor has those weird dirty textures that make the game feel more gritty and brutal.
>>
Is there an infinite horde mode now?
>>
>>382075560
Pssibly. It also felt a bit claustrophobic to me. Not that it's bad, but it felt like all the maps are like this, while OG had plenty of open spaces to crowd control the shit up of everything, but making yourself an easier target for ranged monsters
>>
>>382075043
Playing normal puts me to sleep try hard or suicidal
>>
>>382075043
It is a bit more consolized in things like perspective. Also Tripwire decides that tedious = hard. Gorefiends blocking, for example. They can block in a single frame and block the path, pushing all other zeds behind them. You can either spray their legs (or be demo/firebug) or deal with it and wait. That and classes like sharp are retardedly difficult to be consistent with because zeds spaz and twirl so much. There are also just a lot of weird changes. Zerker was made to be more complex-- a good thing. But you can't really aim your melee weapons reasonably unless you are poking, taking away some of the neatness of having different types of swings.

Large zeds are both more dangerous and less menacing at the same time. Classes are less capable to take down big zeds with short combos (keeping flow to a game. If you screwed up on HoE in 1 it was basically game over there) so instead people just ammo-dump large zeds unless you flashbang/freeze. Fleshpounds spawning auto-enraged possibly now is a clear sign about this.
>>
>>382076069
That's the other thing. The spawning system is just a clusterfuck of retardation. They say they want to discourage camping and thus try to take away areas of the map that are easy to hole up, which I guess is okay... except with how zeds spawn (and used to teleport), the game STRONGLY encourages camping unless you are playing solo.
>>
>>382075043

KF1 actually had a horror feel to it and guns just felt satisfying as fuck even the shitty 9mm
>>
>>382073993
KF2 is fucking great. Do yourself a favor and get it.

>>382075043
You probably suck to be honest.

>>382076385
Like this guy here complaining about blocking, and the fact that zeds spaz out. I mean good god of all the things to bitch about fucking lol
>>
>>382077013

Look you motherfucker I like KF2 and KF2 lacks the fucking soul and feel 1 had.

What I dont understand is how the community is so split on this shit one side doesn't seem to enjoy KF2 as much as they did with 1 while another side likes KF2 but has the constant need to defend it. I agree KF2s style is just meh while KF1 had this gritty feel of how you face these endless abominations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tCU0wVoyOk
>>
>>382076385
>. But you can't really aim your melee weapons reasonably unless you are poking, taking away some of the neatness of having different types of swings.
Sure. If you suck. W+M1 to strike for the head. Easy.
>Fleshpounds spawning auto-enraged possibly now is a clear sign about this.
They have a chance to spawn this way. 75% on HoE. Though I do agree that the Scrakes and FPs are less menacing, but this is due to the addition of the sprint than anything else. I've been thinking about this for a month now, and it is the sprint that makes FPs and Scrakes less menacing.

>>382077716
KF1's grit is oodles more than KF2's style which is weird and mismatched. I also dislike the lack of real use of space in the stock KF2 maps, like Zed Landing having the eruption of the volcano take place behind you and it barely affecting gameplay.

But KF2's gameplay>KF1's by a longshot of longshots. All of the things you listed as being bad are not in the least. It requires you getting good.
>>
>>382077013
>HURRRRR u don liek it cuz u suxx
Suck a dick faggot, the game is bad, and it explains why people rather play the first one than this
>>
>>382078354
No. People would rather play the first because they have toasters. I know because when I fired up KF1 a few days ago, every game I played was with Brazilians, Turks, and Russians. Here's the thing, if you prefer the shooting gallery gameplay of KF1 all the more to you man. KF2 is less of that than ever, and it's fucking challenging on a level KF1 never reached.
>>
>>382078036
Go try to play skullcracker with a zerker and see how that goes for you. Weapons with a poke are the only reliable ones.

>>382077013
There are several classes that basically only function via headshots and the game goes out of its way to discourage them in a non-strategic method. Scrakes twirling while attacking and FPs covering up is predictable and thus perfectly acceptable. You can anticipate this and outplay it. Gorefiends getting auto-blocks after you've already shot is bad design. There are better ways to make threatening zeds. FYI gorefiends have more kills on players than any other zed.
>>
>>382078036
>>382077013

Okay your a /vg/ shitter

None of us have complained about the gameplay of KF2 were complaining about the games look and feel
>>
>>382074967
>>382075132
lol you got btfo loser
>>
Refunded KF2 it's a fucking shit game, I play it every time they do a free weekend and its always bad, just wish they made a good sequel
>>
>>382078595
>KF2 is harder than 1
Maybe because of the maps, but otherwise no. Soloing on HoE in 1 was actually pretty damn difficult unless you were on farm or steamland where you could just kite easily as like zerker or medic. You can solo HoE in 2 with a firebug that's level 15 in a pretty easy fashion. A lot of the easier difficulty comes from nicer hitboxes from zeds, though. It's way easier to avoid getting nipped by crawlers, you can make things stumble easier, dedicated melee button, sprint with a gun out...
>>
KF2 is great but get friends to play it with. Only the Suicidal and HoE difficulties are worthwhile and playing with pubs sucks shit.
It's way more fun than camping under the tunnel on West London for the millionth time.
>>
>>382079090
I too struggle to line up headshots against zeds that walk slowly at me in a single file line :^)
>>
>>382079334

West London for the 1st time was scary as hell felt like a movie
>>
>>382078621
>Go try to play skullcracker with a zerker and see how that goes for you
Zerker is my only level 25 class. I exclusively play HoE except when I decide to level up something else. The skull cracking goes well for me.
> Weapons with a poke are the only reliable ones.
Nope. Pulverizer>every other zerker weapon except for the Eviscerator if you're into headshotting big zeds (which is fucking satisfying on another level).
>There are several classes that basically only function via headshots and the game goes out of its way to discourage them in a non-strategic method
Why are you blaming the game for your inability to score headshots? This is textbook blaming the game for your shortcomings.
>Scrakes twirling while attacking
Scrakes do not spawn enraged. Headshot them.
>You can anticipate this and outplay it
Yes...what's the issue?
>Gorefiends getting auto-blocks after you've already shot is bad design
Do you have footage of this? I've never experienced this, nor heard, but if this is a thing that is happening to plenty of players it's completely indefensible and Tripwire needs to get on it.
>FYI gorefiends have more kills on players than any other zed.
No doubt. Those fuckers are fun to take down though knowing that.

>>382078737
Never been to /vg/.

>>382079090
>Soloing
I don't solo. Much of the fun and empowerment comes from surviving with a team. There's nothing like the spanner in the works that are FPs or scrakes when you've got good positioning going and then a gorefiend hits your medic at the same time you start striking the FP's head so you parry the fucking FP, run back to get the gorefiend, and then save your sharpshooter from the FP. So I really can't comment on soloing HoE, nor do I really care.

Though I must say if soloing KF1 when enemies walk single file is difficult, I can't imagine how KF2 is for you.

>>382079334
>Only the Suicidal and HoE difficulties
Fuckin' ay.
>>
>>382075043
I bet this loser plays Hard/Solo, go get some friends and play HoE
>>
>>382079616
The pulverizer actually has a larger "window" for lining up the headshot, as does the shield-bash with the bonecrusher. And skull-cracker was the weekly where only headshot damage could kill.

And yes, it's well documented that gorefiends have a chance to block when shot at their head. It's a 1-frame block so they can block the shot immediately. How do you not know this after playing so long?
>>
>getting a mod that replaces the OST with the one from KF1
>getting a mod that replaces the gun SFX with the ones from KF1
Improves the game so much. I don't get how they fucked up so hard in the sound department
>>
>>382080139
Oh that thing. I did it with a friend the other day and got my weapon skin reward so yeah I guess.
>How do you not know this after playing so long?
Because I run up and headshot them and then they're dead. Dunno what else to tell you.
>>
>Its cremation for you!
>sizzle, you freak
>its high noon, beastie.
>OPEN YOU UUUUP
>I feel like John Wayne
I genuinely enjoy playing as Reverend Alberts
>>
Is Black OPs 3 worth 60 bucks for the zombie mode?
>>
You know whaf would make this game better? Take a page (just blatently copy) how CoD did Nazi zombies. Make areas of maps accesable or non accesable during different rounds. Make the maps more enviromentally interactive. Camp a spot too long? Pounders come and break a few walls out, making it undefencable or simply close the room off. Make some rooms unlockable with dosh, or open up as the game progesses.

Shit.... To be honest I think Nazi Zombies in the earlier CoD games was funner.
>>
>>382081137
Have you played HoE? You can't camp a spot too long because there just gets to be too many zeds and scrakes and FPs.
>>
>>382081240
>>382081137
However I agree with more interactions with the environment. I think that should be a standard for modern games actually but it just won't happen. The Tragic Kingdom was a step in the right direction with the traps, and keeping the generator online for the carousel. But it's just a step so far. They should do more.
>>
>>382081240
>>382081491

Havent played since just after lootboxes so there are some changes Ive missed. Look, if they can make a map close to as fun and interactive as CoDs Der Riese, they will bring in the players and the $$$.
>>
>>382081995
No doubt. Like I said:
>I think that should be a standard for modern games actually but it just won't happen.
>They should do more.
>>
All the complaints from this thread are probably coming from easy and normal level players. half of these complains dont exist on HoE
>>
Normal (easy) > Hard (normal) > Suicidal (normal+) > power gap > Hell on Earth (hard)
>>
File: reeeeee.png (152KB, 600x729px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.png
152KB, 600x729px
>playing with randomfags on fucking normal
>can never finish the fucking game on farm, biohazard, mountainpass...

Why do people suck so bad at certain maps?
>t. achievement whore
>>
>>382084169
Nobody plays them
>>
>>382078595
I think KF2 is just more a different ballgame than being more difficult. KF1 is slower but it's much easier for shit to hit the fan if you're not careful, KF2 is faster-paced but the sprint gives you some extra leniency.
>>
>>382075043
no charm, no memes
i learned to enjoy it for it's superb gunplay
>>
File: [inflation intensifies].png (215KB, 726x533px) Image search: [Google]
[inflation intensifies].png
215KB, 726x533px
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/htmlview?sle=true#
>Weekly Outbreak mode 5 - "Poundemonium"
>Quarter Pounds
>>
I bought this ages ago but refunded it because of those enemies that grabbed you.
Ruined the flow of the game for me.

Those cunts still in it and if so are they still as shit?
>>
>>382087943
Why would you think Clots, Slashers, and Cysts could be going anytime soon? If you're getting grabbed a lot you should pay more attention to your surroundings, and there's a gameplay option to remove the camera turn if you want it.

Alternatively, play Berserker. The perk is immune to grabs.
>>
File: 4876.png (306KB, 852x435px) Image search: [Google]
4876.png
306KB, 852x435px
>>382087943
>mfw these are the people bitching about the game
>>
Someone make a general, the last one died, lets have another one before the event ends
>>
Did they fix gunslinger's reload yet or is it still broken?
>>
File: 1491881088729.png (193KB, 273x326px) Image search: [Google]
1491881088729.png
193KB, 273x326px
>>382087943
The game auto-locks your camera onto their head and tells you to push the V key. You're not retarded, are you?
>>
>>382088470
?
>>
>>382088470
The ZED time reload bonus is still busted it appears
>>
Did the free giveaway ressurect KF1?
>>
>>382087943
>getting grabbed by clots ever
literally retarded
>>
>>382088632
Fuck I hope it really is just a bug and not "working as intended". I admit that the lightning speed reload was cheesy but at least the perk did what it said it did.
>>
>>382089106
Do you do the melee trick meanwhile?
>>
>>382089246
Yeah but I've taken to using the centrefire lately which doesn't benefit from it. It also doesn't work with the .500s since they reload at the same time.
>>
>>382086462
>been playing kf2 for like 10 hours in the past 2 days
>join kf1 server
>everyone is hiding in a church on west london
>fuck this gay shit
>run out and start shooting
>swarmed
>dead
I can't really say that KF1 is a better game after this.
>>
>>382089738
>loan wolf shit
deserved
>>
Didn't they add microtransactions to KF2? How bad is it?
>>
>tfw they will neger allow customizable waves again
>tfw won't be able to play the my "gamemode" with friends where each wave has a specialized ZED in KF2
>tfw won't relive the nightmare that is the Husk wave in KF2
>>
>>382090481
hats
>>
>>382090481
It's for cosmetics and weapons skins. Most of them are fucking ugly and the crate system is tedious and stupid.
>>
>>382090481
Limited to cosmetic items and weapon skins, the latter of which thankfully won't bloat the weapon selection at the trader like what happened to KF1 DLC. You get one drop a day, and you can break down nearly anything into cosmetic/weapon crafting materials.
>>
>>382073993
Since there is no KF2 thread on /vg/ I'll ask me. Is it just me or gunslinger's fast reload perk doesn't work properly? It only works as in description on wave 1 and after that it only triggers if you reload when your mag is empty.
>>
>>382091843
>Is it just me or gunslinger's fast reload perk doesn't work properly?
It's like this for everyone unfortunately.
>>
>>382079090
>A lot of the easier difficulty comes from nicer hitboxes from zeds, though.

They still added the KF1 feel of never knowing you were gonna drop a Zed by having the KF2 Zed dodge and bob and weave like motherfuckers, though. Especially on HoE, they have so many moves

Sucks on KF2 HoE when you need to land that non-lock rail headshot on a Scrake to save yourself and he does a walking taunt and throws your aim off his head on the last instant
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.