[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The PS2 Trilogies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: the trilogies.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the trilogies.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
Jak and Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper. Which are the better two? I'm leaning towards getting Jak and Ratchet.
>>
Jak 1 is good

Sly 1 is good

Ratchet 1 is okay
Ratchet 2 and 3 are superb

Rest are not notable

Notable.
Notabell

Not one bell.
>>
Get Jak 1, Sly 2, and Ratchet 3
>>
Jak gets worse with each game.
Ratchet gets better with each game.
Sly's games vary in quality.
>>
>>382074076
lay off the ganja
>>
>>382074245
this
>>
>>382074132
>>382074076
Thanks but thats not really what I'm after. I mean the trilogies as a whole, which give the most value?
>>
File: Shock_Cannon.jpg (42KB, 207x185px) Image search: [Google]
Shock_Cannon.jpg
42KB, 207x185px
You heard it, didn't you?
>>
Jak 1 is good in atmosphere, 2 and 3 vary as they are totally different in gameplay and tone. But they are fun.

Sly 1 is okay, good platforming and cool bosses and characters.

Sly 2 is a fucking 10/10 masterpiece, the best platformer game imo. Great characters, worlds, and a fun Ocean's 11 style story. Its amazing, and plays like an Assassins Creed game before Assassins Creed was a thing.

Sly 3 is a disappointing retread of Sly 2 but has an amazing pirate level that almost makes it worth it.

Never played Ratchet games.
>>
>>382074380
Honestly. Ratchet's probably your best bet. At least's it's the most consistent of the three and improves with each game.
>>
>>382074380
If you're interested in an actual "trilogy" in terms of a 3 part narrative, then Jak is the way to go. Its actually got a story and lore and junk that plays out between 3 games.

The other games are a bit more episodic in nature.
>>
>>382073545
Ratchet games were better in humor and writing
Jak has better visuals
Sly has the superior characters and plot
>>
>>382074380
Ratchet for sure. Flip a coin for the second.
>>
>>382073545
Jak2>Sly3>Sly2>Ratchet3=2>Jak3>Sly1>Jak1>Ratchet1
Jak gives a complete story, but the first game has little to no connection to the story of the second game unless you 100% it.
Sly also has a complete story, where all games connect to each other, but the "I'm building a time machine ending" is just a shit way to end it
Ratchet has 3 disconnected stories with the only important piece of info between games is that Ratchet and Clank became friends because Ratchet used to be an asshole and Qwark was a sellout
I'd say Jak trilogy is best for story, Sly is best for gameplay, Ratchet is best for variety and comedy
>>
Jak and Daxter is easily the weakest, the first game is fantastic but they completely abandon anything appealing about the first game in the sequels. Sly Cooper is great all around, didn't play much Ratchet.
>>
>>382074245
>Sly's games vary in quality.
Not bu much I'd say, the first one is pretty different from the rest but is still pretty solid considering what it is and the 3rd suffers from trying to much with all different characters and their mini games but still has solid moments in between those. Sly 2 is the best of the trilogy though.
>>
>>382074523
worst weapon.
>>
>>382074842
>Sly 3>Sly 2

I can't believe I share a planet with people like you
>>
File: 1379040111374.png (334KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1379040111374.png
334KB, 500x412px
>>382074523
>Always assumed the shock cannon was trash just because it's the first weapon
>Watch AGDQ that one year where they have an UYA Speedrun
>MFW Seeing those fully charged Shock canon sweeps literally 1-3 shooting literally everything in the game except the final boss
>MFW doing it myself for the first time and feeling like a fucking god

Lock strafe mode is absolutely unplayable after you've had a taste of shock cannon sweeping, you just cannot go back.
>>
>>382073545
Rachet and Sly are both solid series
Jak is fucking garbage past the 1st game.
>>
>>382074380
sly because I'm a nostalgiafag and I love sly
>>
>>382073545
Ratchets the best of the 3 easily but all 3 are good series worth playing. Although I feel the last PS2 Ratchet game deadlocked was not as good as UYA but that really depends who you ask.
>>
File: 1453003521416.jpg (70KB, 619x649px) Image search: [Google]
1453003521416.jpg
70KB, 619x649px
let's break this down

Jak
1 > 2 >3

Rachet

2 <= 3 >1

Sly

2 > 1 > 3

overall

Rachet > Sly > Jak
>>
>>382073545
>The Ratchet art is from the retarded looking Future character design.
>No Clank.

Whoever made that image is a fucking trash garbage.
>>
File: Bouncer_V1-4.png (251KB, 789x638px) Image search: [Google]
Bouncer_V1-4.png
251KB, 789x638px
>>382074523
best weapon
>>
>>382075454
Damn, for real? Sweeping is like THE way to use the Shock Cannon, similar to the Lava/Liquid Nitrogen Gun but without the range limitation.

That being said, I've always been unimpressed with the Bouncer, though everyone says it's one of the strongest weapons in the series.
>>
They have collections of all three on the PSN store for $20 each. Just get all 3.

>High tier
R&C 2
R&C 3
Sly 1

>Med tier
Jak 1
Sly 2
R&C 1

>Low tier
Sly 3
Jak 2
Jak 3
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.