[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, was it really that good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 20160605010003_1.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160605010003_1.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
Now that the dust has settled, was it really that good?
>>
>>382070385

Bloodborne and Witcher 3 are the best games this gen, easily.

So yes
>>
No.

A game with bad gameplay is a bad game. no amount of story can change that
>>
Yes and only contrarians think otherwise.
>>
File: 4L_GfQJtTBj.png (2MB, 1892x1440px) Image search: [Google]
4L_GfQJtTBj.png
2MB, 1892x1440px
>>382070385
Yes
>>
>>382070385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDG6oBCqdY
>>
>>382070385
It was okay. The combat was simple and repetitive and way too easy to be fun. All the characters felt too perfect. And even the highly touted story consisted of going somewhere and just barely the thing you were looking for. Even the much hyped "choices" didn't really matter from chapter to chapter. Nor at all in the end-game. Overall, this is another case of console players over hyping a mediocre computer game because they have nothing else similar to it. Witcher 3 was okay but a terrible slog to get through. I'd give it an 8/10. Try before you buy.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>382070385
Literally the only place where I have seen hate for it was /v/, so yes.
I fucking hate this place.
>>
>>382070825
>>382070712
>>382070634
>They didn't realize there were difficulty settings
>>
>>382070385
yes. beats bloodborne on everything except atmosphere and gameplay. so, the second best rpg of the generation after bloodborne.
>>
>>382070634
Story isn't even good. Its pretty fucking awful. Decided to read some of the books to see if that was any better and was greatly disappointed. The series reads like an awful fanfic.
>>
>>382070825
>okay
>8/10
>>
Compared to all the other shit we've been getting in recent years this is amazing in comparison
>>
Everybody talks about how bad the combat was, it wasn't that bad at all. The biggest problem with the game is the stupid XP and level system that forces you to do quests in a certain order and prevents you from leveling up naturally (everybody ends being level 32-35 by the end, even if you do zero side quests) Level requirements were stupid and so was only awarding XP for completing quests and almost nothing else.

Still the best game this gen.
>>
>>382070928
I think I would have actually enjoyed it more if I did play on easy. At least then it would've been over quicker.
>>
File: 6gxVgTA.jpg (35KB, 395x300px) Image search: [Google]
6gxVgTA.jpg
35KB, 395x300px
>>382071030
>Literal IGN ratings
>>
>>382070928
Literally set the difficulty to max and its still bamham combat, only thing that changes is numbers.
>>
>>382071108
>Because getting 2-shotted in a combat scenario makes you TOTALLY play in the same way as when you can take 15 hits
>>
>>382071050
attach level-specific gear to this. you end up dumping a lot of legendary weapons just because they stop being relevant compared to random shit you pick up off of normal wild-hunt soldiers.
>>
>>382071249
I don't even have to dodge anon. The game literally dodges for me. All I have to do is tap a button. And aim attacks? forget about it my heat seaking swords will hone in on the nearest body no problem

Its bamham. No matter how many blows you can take before dying its still bamham
>>
>>382071030
Yeah, that's my score
>this game actually made me physically sick/broke my machine
0/10
>the game doesn't work
1/10
>at least it runs most of the time, even with glitches and all
2/10
>they made an actual working game
3/10
>the game is very boring and derivative with nothing new
4/10
>there's one good idea hidden in the crap but it's not properly implemented
5/10
>the devs have an idea of what they want, at least, they just can't execute it right
6/10
>the game is not good but I see what they're trying for
7/10
>the game is okay
8/10
>the game is good
9/10
>this game literally comes to life and gives you a blowjob every ten minutes
10/10
>>
>>382070928
>hardest diffculuty
>early game plays like a dark souls wannable anal reaming
>mid-late game just requires that you have a pulse

been that way for every witcher game. devs are horrid at combat.
>>
>>382071108
You're shitposting, the game plays completely differently on death march. It might not still be for you, but the combat feels like it's balanced around that especially from the prep and exploration standpoint. You have to level a balanced character that can do more than wave his sword very quickly or you get fucked at these higher difficulties.
>>
>>382070825
The choices definitely do matter. There's not complete continuity from stuff like the Bloody Baron to the end of the game, but your choices still decide who lives and dies as well as Geralt's life choices after the game. Also decides the political fate of the region unless you legit avoid every side quest related to it.
>>
>>382071441
>>382070928
>>382071534
Oh man, I remember the NPC's hyping up an unarmed fight with a troll. Now I'd fought trolls before then and they always took me a while to kill, so I wasn't sure if i could do it. Turns out the entire fight went like this
>i punch it three times
>he gives a giant tell and headbutts
>i dodge and repeat until he's dead
It's like every single monster in the game only has two attack.
>>
File: My icing!.jpg (151KB, 458x657px) Image search: [Google]
My icing!.jpg
151KB, 458x657px
>>382070385
9/10 experience
6/10 game

I just wish the fags who only see the technical game-game aspects in vidya could understand and stop shitposting about how it sucks.
>>
>>382070385

yeah
>>
File: lkgt.png (236KB, 449x499px) Image search: [Google]
lkgt.png
236KB, 449x499px
>>382071480
That's a pretty shit scale, senpai. At 7/10 you're still calling the game not good, yet in a matter of 2 steps you go from "okay" to "ultimate masterpiece".
>>
>>382071782
Not really, and spoilers, btw
>Baron lives
>he leaves and is no longer at the mansion
>you don't see him anymore
>Baron dies
>he is no longer at the mansion
>you don't see him anymore
And they're all like this. Even the different endings are nothing more than vaguely different "cut scenes." If you didn't really care about these characters throughout the game, the entire thing is just more blab about how perfect everyone is.
>>
>>382072126
Yeah, thats why most games are 7-9/10.
>>
It was good but Witcher 1 was better overall and Witcher 2 had a more interesting plotline
>>
>>382072285
what was the plot for witcher 1? Only played 2-3
>>
>>382070568
You mean Bloodborne and BotW
TW3 is trash
>>
>>382072386

>BoTW

Take your empty sandbox trash and cram it.

Got bored after 10 hours
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.