[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which main-line Final Fantasy is the comfiest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: ffvii-banner1.jpg (34KB, 700x360px) Image search: [Google]
ffvii-banner1.jpg
34KB, 700x360px
Which main-line Final Fantasy is the comfiest?
>>
My favorite one is 7, but 9 is probably the comfiest of all the FFs. Name one uncomfy city in 9
>>
>>382051114

I think III, but the height of comfiest individual moments would go to IX.
>>
X is mega comfy, even the battle system is laid back and relaxing compared to the others.
>>
>>382051114
XI
>>
>>382051114
IV, objectively.
>>
7 and 8 are both really shitty games. sorry reddit.
>>
>>382051114
>comfiest
>disc 2 into a David Lynch nightmare
>>
>>382051114
ff14
>>
Doesn't get any comfier than playing card games in Balamb Garden with default rules.
>>
>>382051114
Ff4 and Ff6 are comfy as fuck 7 is decent
>>
>>382051114

FFXII by far. Old Archades was shitty but more comfy than it should have been.
>>
File: 1398246329023.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1398246329023.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
FF9 is godly s far as comfiness and atmosphere goes.
Probably the strongest point of the entire game.
>>
>>382051114
Straight up a fight between V and IX on that one. Nothing else even gets close. V is packed full of comfy little villages and you even get a nice undersea base to visit and sleep in, and IX is goddamn IX, the entire damn game is built like a storybook with probably yhe most heartwarming ending in the franchise
>>
Walking around in Balamb garden and listening to the other students talk shit about Seifer is pretty comfy in VIII.
>>
>>382052382
>most heartwarming
>>
>>382051114
unquestionably 10.
>>
>>382051114
Unironically FFXIV.
You can spend 95% of your time in game crafting and gathering, and forgo combat all together.
You also have a reasonable amount of freedom when decorating your apartment/house (If you're lucky enough to get a house)

I know plenty of players who only ever switch to their single combat job to do main story quests and goofy shit like postmoogle and hildebrand, or to farm treasure maps and world mobs for more crafting mats.
>>
>>382052749

it takes so long to level the crafters. I need to start leveling them again but what is the most relaxed way to do it so it does not become such a drag before you are on to some good shit?
>>
>>382051234
I do think 9 was comfy but it just lacked depth for me. Character development was unsatisfying and the mini games were bad.

Comfiest has to be 7. Icicle Village being the most comfy, but even Midgar had a melancholic comfy feel to it.

I'm so excited, but equally anxious about the remake. I dropped FF15 after about an hour because of the piss poor combat, I'm dreading the FF7 Remake combat because of this.
>>
>>382051929
I agree with this too, X was very comfy.....
>>
>>382051114
Honestly, FFVIII, balamb garden is one of the comfiest areas in a video game.

Also wandering the over world with enc-none is the epitome of comfy exploration.
>>
>>382052637
An ending can be heartwarming while also having a touch of bittersweet on the side, Anon. The game doesn't try to play Vivi's passing as just a sudden tragedy to make you sad, and in the end it chooses to focus on the fact that he had a good life and enough time to come to terms with it.
>>
>>382051114

9 is ultimate comf. The character chemistry, the music, the locations, it's all 100% pure unfiltered comf.
>>
>>382055484
>The character chemistry
only if you count a half of the fucking cast because second half is either incredibly annoying like Eiko or plain doesn't have any personality like Amarant
>>
>>382055602
>Not liking the loli with a crush on you
>>
>>382051234
first post most truthful and well thought out post
>>
File: 20170329213830_1.jpg (236KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170329213830_1.jpg
236KB, 1600x900px
>>382055602
You can accuse Amarant of not really having much influence in the plot, but not of having no personality. The few interactions he has with Freya are goat, just two consummate cold professionals going about their business with a bit of banter on the side
>>
IX, XI, XIV and WoFF.
>>
>>382055971
In the same cast as Garnet? No way fag.
>>
X, all that running across plains and island villages.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.