[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE DEATH OF THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: snes_classic.0.jpg (131KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
snes_classic.0.jpg
131KB, 1200x800px
Well /v/ are you glad? Your blind fanboyism and hype has ensured that Nintendo will NEVER bother with Virtual Console ever again.

Think about it, why would they ever do another VC release when they can sell you a much more expensive emulatorbox that is much more popular and profitable?
Mini classic boxes get on the front page of Twitter and Facebook, VC doesn't.
Mini classic boxes sell out instantly, VC is a niche.
Mini classic boxes are valued collectors items, VC is just a download code for a ROM.

Welcome to the future of retro gaming. You don't get to pick what games you want to play, you only play what Nintendo wants. What's that, you wanna emulate? Too bad, we took all Nintendo roms offline. Buy our new emulatorbox before it's gone!
>>
Weren't we supposed to get one SNES game per month (that we can't keep) for buying into Nintendo's paid online service?
>>
>>382037341
They can do both, relax
>>
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>382037418
They changed it so you're supposed to get access to a certain number of games that will get rotated in and out periodically. How many games and how long they stay is unknown, but it's going to be more than one and for longer than a month.
>>
>>382037341
>much more expensive
>20 games for $60 as opposed to $10 per game on the VC

Retard. There's a reason why these things are limited.

Not like you can't emulate anyway.
>>
>>382037341
I just downlaoded every SNES and NES game there is and 2 emulators in <30 minutes for free.
I could now buy a SNES gamepad with usb and a few electronic parts from amazon for a total of <30€ and I could build a device that has every NES and SNES game along with matching emulators installed on it and that can be hooked to a HDTV via HDMI cable. Plug and play.
Total time to build that thing: 25 minutes.
If you buy a S/NES Mini you are an idiot!
>>
File: 1343098513942.gif (460KB, 360x560px) Image search: [Google]
1343098513942.gif
460KB, 360x560px
>>382037341
>What's that, you wanna emulate?
>Too bad, we took all Nintendo roms offline.
>Oh wait, found them all somewhere else in a matter of minutes.
You're a hypocritical cunt and a complete tool for crying about this gizmo if you're genuinely gonna miss paying Nintendo for roms on their newer consoles.
>>
>>382037341
They'll continue with the virtual console because people will continue to buy even though they could always emulate. There's nothing stopping them now, people just like to buy shit, especially nostalgia shit. Quit being a retard, OP
>>
>>382038336
nintendo does better with hardware. this was proven with the wii, the ds and even the 3ds.
>>
>70 dollars for 20 games
>he would rather pay 3-5 dollars for each game individually on the Switch
???????????
>>
>>382039178
at $3 a game, that's still less than $70(thought it was $80? was the price reduced?)
>>
>Nintendo will NEVER sell ROMs ever again, just sell ROMs
Uh okay
>>
>>382039378
Most if not all of the titles sell for more than $3 on virtual console.
>>
>>382039480
Selling ROMs in a completely closed off, controlled space where you don't pick your games, and you don't get more games. When the VC is officially discontinued for Switch and every subsequent console (as well as deleting all VC games in next 3ds update), Mini classic is all you have left.
>>
I mean your poont might be valid if they sold more than a few hundred before killing the console
>>
>>382037341
Buying 21 SNES games on the Virtual Console would cost over $100 even if they were only 5 bucks each.

I'm fine with the emulatorbox.

>What's that, you wanna emulate? Too bad, we took all Nintendo roms offline.
Now this is fear mongering. Emulation will never go anywhere. The people making all these rage threads aren't actually trying to convince people of anything, they're just people salty that they can't afford one.
>>
>>382040212
Ya after a
Scalpers get ahold of them no one will be able to afford one they have nes classics on sale for over 300 dollars on ebay if im spending that much im getting a switch an SSD or a monitor not some 80 dollar emulation machine
>>
>>382037418
NES game, not SNES game, and you do get to keep it, at least, for the month it is released, and if you want to play it after that month then you can buy it.
>>
I really need to get off my ass one of these days and set up a retropie
>>
>>382037341
These boxes have existed for a long fucking time now anon. Like, the sega ones have at least.

it's a novelty. It's not replacing anything.
>>
>>382040564
Well, yeah I'm only getting one of these if I can get it MSRP. Scalpers enablers are retarded
>>
>>382037790
Nope.

I just want what I want and you're going to give it to me.
>>
>>382038831
I am buying this for a three year old. Yes, I probably could teach him how to use emulators, but this is easier and can be unwrapped on Christmas morning.
>>
>>382039803
>instead of 10 dollars per game you pay 5
>you get a snazzy controller to go with it
>your alternative is downloading the entire library of the console from the internet, wrapped up in a convenient package that takes a fraction of your hard drive's space, and using an emulator to run it on your computer
>the inconvenience of nintendo taking down roms takes 6 seconds to work around if you're not a dumb american with your head deep down your own anus
i see no issue
>>
>>382038831
I'm buying one for my sister's boyfriend as a birthday present. As far as I can tell, he has every console in his house right down to the original NES, but doesn't have a PC of any kind, not even a utilitarian one.
>>
>playing shitendo games
>not emulating the 5 good games per console that exist
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.