[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: stalker bundle.png (479KB, 626x707px) Image search: [Google]
stalker bundle.png
479KB, 626x707px
Which one should I buy?
I wanna try getting into this because Fallout NV did nothing for me
>>
>>382036526
fuck summer
>>
In terms of vanilla quality: CoP > SoC > CS
In terms of mods: SoC > CoP > CS

SoC is best for your first time, CoP is good for once you've mastered SoC, and CS is worth looking at once to see what could have been a neat faction war game but got screwed up by ungodly amounts of bugs.
>>
>>382036526
SoC and CoP are both really good, and you can get CS in the bundle for the same price as buying those two separately, so just buy the bundle.
If you can only get one, CoP is the better game while SoC is the first in the series, although you won't be lost by starting with CoP.
>>
SoC is the only good game in the series. Played it, loved it, dropped the sequels within an hour of playing.
>>
>>382037154
I dont think it is right to say that CoP is the better game when comparing it to SoC. SoC, CS and CoP are all different games in their own respect. SoC does the small, solid and compact maps far better than CoP and in my opinion really sets the scene for the Zone with it's linear plot. CoP is far more open with only three actual maps (other than the underground portion to Pripyat.) Each game had its strengths and weaknesses. CS I suppose is far more of a shooter than a STALKER game.
>>
The original (Shadow of Cherno) is still the golden standard for STALKER experiences. The thing people fell in love with and the best base for mods.

Master difficulty does not make you deal more damage.
>>
>>382036526
>buying stalker
>>
>>382038861
I would pirate, but that's always a bit of a hassle.
I just use steam to streamline a lot of the process and if I don't like the game I just refund it.
>>
>>382036526
>pic related

Might as well get the bundle. Both SoC and CoP are good, just with some game-play details mixed around, so it's hard to debate which one is better. CS is ok and the weakest, but worth playing at least once.

Also, all three are easily modable, so if you get bored, there's always more ways to die!

Now Get out of here Stalker!
>>
>>382039083

or just GOG.
>>
ive only played CoC. its p damn good and is alot more open world and still has a storymode. i should play one of the original games but i read that not all go to the NPP....thats where i want to go
>>
>>382041629
>CoC
What?
>>
>>382041749
I think he means Call of Chernobyl
-_-
>>
>>382042064
Is that a mod?
>>
I'm enjoying the Memery mod but I feellike they obscure a lot of information from you. No bleeding indicator, all these extra systems that have no notification outside of notes in the readme, but I like the feel of how shitty it is to get by.
>>
>>382041749
yes, call of chernobyl. openworld stalker game that combines the maps of all 3 games into one and lets you pick starting factions etc.
>>
>>382042390
Do you need all three games to use that mod?
>>
>>382043136
No, only CoP and it's a independent install.
>>
>>382043136
dont need any of them. go over to the stalker /vg/ thread and its all explained in the OP post
>>
>>382036986
>implying CS isn't the best vaniila experience
>>
>>382047310
CS seems like an interesting game to play. Is it possible to play vanilla, bug free?
>>
>>382036526
Call of Pripyat, no loading times, wide open world. The others are shit.
>>
File: 1115423662.jpg (283KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1115423662.jpg
283KB, 2560x1600px
>>382036526
Just get Call of Pripyat and download Call of Chernobyl.

>start in Cordon
>get a freedom exosuit from the first blue chest in the camp
>get to wear it for about a minute until the patrolling chopper shells the shit out of me
The zone giveth, and the zone taketh away.
>>
I only liked SoC. It's masterfully paced, great even in vanilla.

The others emphasised the open world faction sandbox a lot more, which was very boring to me
>>
>>382042064
> -_-

Submitted.
>>
>>382047830
cop is great mechanically but it gets old real quick
>>
File: tumblr_ooozqzA9NP1qcw25zo1_1280.jpg (88KB, 1002x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooozqzA9NP1qcw25zo1_1280.jpg
88KB, 1002x750px
I would recommend SoC, with one major stipulation:
PLAY WITH SOME KIND OF GUN MOD, like OWR.
The base games gunplay is fucking horrendous with terrible animations and bad models and sounds, but theres a lot of mods that fix that. Don't get Stalker Complete either- it makes the base game a lot easier and ruins the balance of scavenging for shit.
The game isn't that long either, i'm on my first playthrough and i'm at the end of the game specifically the runup to Chernobyl NPP and i'll most likely be done in about 12 hours, but there's a lot of content i've missed.
>>
>>382036526
which one of these changes your sleeves according to what you are wearing?

my autism dislikes permanent default arms.
>>
>all these retards recommending CoC from the start
you're just as bad as STALKER Complete fags
>>
>>382047952
lol you can never assume an NPC wont piss it off and bring it back home
>>
>>382048356
shut the fuck up asshole >:(
>>
>>382048356
>nah mate play through SoC
>alright now do it all over again, but this time it'll be fucking mental
>then move unto the other games and get to chernobyl again
It's not like he's missing out on some Oscar winning kino shit by not playing SoC, might as well move on to the objectively better title.
>>
>>382047974
Except for CNPP, which was a massive fucking letdown :'(
>>
CCCP was a mistake
>>
>>382048356
CoC feels more realistic storywise. you obviously intended to go to the zone (thats why you got the game) but the rest is a mystery. you live your in game life as you please. explore what you came for.
>>
>>382048091
lol
>>
>>382048713
i feel you. like the whole idea was spawned out of the actual disaster that occurred at the CNPP. and when you get there its just an overly complex lab. the elephants foot isnt there, and even when you do find the tribute to the elephants foot its not radioactive at all. but recently i climbed all around the outside of the CNPP in the rain, picking off monoliths. getting close to the chimney was intense.
>>
>>382042064
fuck off
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.