[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Parasite Eve games good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 2523444-chaser.jpg (56KB, 615x466px) Image search: [Google]
2523444-chaser.jpg
56KB, 615x466px
Are the Parasite Eve games good?
>>
>>382031641
Oh God. Parasite Eve 2 gave me nightmares for weeks when I was 11. I wasn't even playing, I was watching my brother play in broad daylight.
>>
Yeah, but they're also all different meaning every one appeals to a different audience and pisses off the others.
>>
>Everyone sucks Parasite Eves dick
>Check it out one day
>Its a shitty Resident Evil 2 clone
Into the trash
>>
>>382031641
Considering I have replayed both PE1 and PE2 numerous times, I would say yes. I didn't play 3rd Birthday because they really whored Aya off on that one. Also, no mitochondria.
>>
File: 8ea753718e1cebec2.jpg (189KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
8ea753718e1cebec2.jpg
189KB, 717x880px
>>382031641
>video games
>good
>>
>>382031990

what?
>>
>>382031990
Retard
>>
>>382031641
I really had fun playing them. There are always people saying 2's just a RE ripoff, but I like its gameplay more. Also had the most satisfying enemies to shoot at (looking at you, golems).
>>
1 is. 2 is mixed. 3 is a completely different, not that great game that doesn't even have the PE name on it.
>>
File: aya_1.jpg (41KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
aya_1.jpg
41KB, 720x547px
>>382031641
yes they are
>>
yes. 1 is pretty unique and worth it regardless. 2 is an RE clone with magic, but its a pretty good one. 3 is a mediocre shooter with an atrocious story, but the core combat is decent for a handheld if you want a time waster while your riding the bus or something.
>>
File: aya5.jpg (151KB, 400x802px) Image search: [Google]
aya5.jpg
151KB, 400x802px
>>382031641
1 is great, a very strong action rpg.
2 basically removed everything that made 1 great and replaced it with stuff from resident evil. Some like it. I found it way clunkier than 1, with somehow a downgraded art style and shitty music (yoko shimomura made PE1's music, but not PE2, and it shows).
The 3rd birthday is a decent action game. Nothing stellar, an absolutely convoluted story and pretty much fuckall from any of the original games. Gameplay is solid though.

I'll recommend to try them all.
Aya is mai waifu
>>
>>382031641
Parasite Eve Is like RE mashed with Final Fantasy's RPG like battle system with Active Time Bar where you wait for some time before you can actually do some action while running around like an autist waiting for your turn. It was fresh at that time and that's probably the reason for its popularity.
PE 2 removed the wait time and just made it almost like a RE game with Magics like Pyrokinesis and Heal.
>>
>>382031641

I'm playing PE2 right now actually, its a good lengthy game. It's like Resident Evil with lots of shooting action and magic.

PE1 is totally different but I can't remember it very well. Either way, play 'em both.
>>
If I had to choose which one I had legitimately more fun playing, Parasite Eve 2 would win out - even with the narrowing of PE Powers into the elemental scope I am one of the people who feels 100% alive with tank controls so it was super up my alley
however in terms of presentation, aiming for what they tried making the game about, 1 does it miles, MILES better than 2 - better atmosphere from beginning to end though 2 does have great high points
Though in 2 you should've unlocked Liberation if you got all PE Powers to Lv.3 - that's just a wasted opportunity
>>
PE 2 enemies gave me fucking nightmares when it first came out
>>
yeah
>>
Parasite Eve 1 & 2 had amazing CG background. It helps that the locales were great to traverse. Loved going through the museum and zoo in 1. That was really the clincher for me besides the gameplay.
>>
>>382031641
Very yes
>>
>>382033337
PE Powers are far more varied and useful in the second game. The first game came down to Haste, Liberation, and maybe Cure whereas PE2's only useless ability is Antibody.
>>
File: 1481249981442.jpg (26KB, 160x397px) Image search: [Google]
1481249981442.jpg
26KB, 160x397px
Play the first one. The second one isn't as good. Don't bother with 3rd Birthday.
>>
File: 18b48529df73.jpg (58KB, 350x555px) Image search: [Google]
18b48529df73.jpg
58KB, 350x555px
>>382031641
>Are the Parasite Eve games good?
They're very good.
Well at least PE1&2 are...3rd birthday is a mess aside from the battle system. Definitely play 1&2 but beware 3B since Tabata & Toriyama turn everything they touch into shit.
>>
>>382034456
PE2 is better in almost every single way. Eve is a stronger antagonist than No. 9, but that's about it.
>>
>>382032182
Only thing different is that you level up and the sphere targeting
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.