[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Unity.jpg (25KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Unity.jpg
25KB, 1024x768px
Should I use the Unity game engine to build my game?

If no, why?
>>
What game do you want to build? This is the most important question.
>>
>>382031138
no, because you are a retard and won't do it properly resulting in a game that looks bad, runs bad and has input lag.
read a book, faggot
>>
Use whatever tool gets the job done. If 3d try out unity and unreal and see which one fits you better (hint: whichever one you feel most comfortable with).
>>
>>382031234
I'm afraid answering that question will derail my thread. I don't want this thread to become an argument about whether or not the genre of my game is a good genre or not.
>>
>>382031138
If you are asking you can't do shit, just like all the other unity clowns on greenlight.
>>
>>382031456
We can't tell you what the appropriate tools for your game are if you don't tell us what it'll be like. You can't make as efficiently a 2D platofrmer with the same tools as a 3D open world
>>
Be warned. If your game becomes popular, Unity is going to charge you out of the ass for using their proprietary software to build it. You might want to consider an open source option.

>it's a trap
>>
>>382031629
Ok, well then assume it's a 3D open world.
>>
Don't use unity unless you're a pajeet of course, use real engines like Unreal faggot
>>
>>382031837
Why? What is it about Unreal that is better than Unity?
>>
>>382031759
>doesn't know shit about anything
>definitely can't program
>asking what unity is
>decides he will make some open world 3D game

world is your oyster
>>
>>382031916

unity is only good for small - mid projects / mobile shit, if you're aiming higher, go unreal
>>
>>382032065
(You) must be very lonely
>>
>>382032191
there's no way this will go wrong
>>
>>382031759
3D world furry platformer. If it's going to look cartoony, might as well use unity
>>
>>382032065
>conflating ignorance with stupidity
He could just be some kid curious about making his own game. There is nothing wrong with that.

Stop trying to be hard
>>
>>382031138

Are you a hobby dev who's new to programming? Cos if you are, go GameMaker. On the surface it looks like a toy program like RPGMaker but there's actually a lot of cool stuff you can do with it by coding in GML.

If your game is 2D there's not much of a reason to use Unity. While Unity does have 2D tools and other cool stuff its a funny workaround in a 3D engine while GM is built from the ground-up for pixel-perfect 2D games.

Even if you're not keen on GM it can make a good stepping stone to go into Unity later.
>>
>>382032696
you need to be over eighteen to post here
>>
>>382032696
If you are too ignorant to use google for a common question at 18+ then it's assumed you are stupid
>>
>>382032159
Do you assume OP would be asking /v/ for advice if his project wasn't small-to-mid sized?

As to OP, Unity is in many peoples' opinion the best documented and easiest-to-learn engine for 3D games that there is, there's a reason why a bunch of beginning devs stick to it.

People might say that other engines might perform better, but performance is probably one of the last things you need to be thinking about if you're starting with making games.
>>
>>382033118
This place if full to the rim with stupid people. This is not going to change anon
>>
>>382033305
>performance is probably one of the last things you need to be thinking about if you're starting with making games.
this is how you end up with a generic early access unity shitpile
>>
>>382031665
No, that's Unreal engine. They take 5 percent of your revenue.
>>
>>382033621
or they hire you like this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5El-yYNUwU
>>
>>382033920
>throw together a bunch of shit from the asset store
>call it a day
triggered desu
>>
>>382033920
That nigga is a retard

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/07/sony-contacts-lost-soul-aside-dev/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.