[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things that piss you off about games today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: lazydevs.png (37KB, 941x430px) Image search: [Google]
lazydevs.png
37KB, 941x430px
List some things that just really piss you off about the games that are released today.

For me, my biggest pet peeve is that games take up so much fucking space on hard drives. It feels like just a few years ago you could go out and buy a decent game, download/install it, have it take up no more than 8 or 10 GB of space and it had pretty decent graphics and a lot of content. Now, you go out and buy a game you either have a download code that you have to plug in to download some 30-75 GB game with about the same amount or less content then you would have gotten 5 years ago. What makes it even worse is some people like to use SSDs nowadays and (not including the ones that will leave you bankrupt if you buy one) they don't hold a lot of space, so downloading just two 50GB games would (depending on how much space your SSD has) take up almost half of it right off the bat.

Why the fuck is this? And you can't say "W-well muh 1080p HD graphics!" because I highly doubt that's the only thing. If I could guess it's probably uncompressed sound and little to no optimization in games, which is fucking absurd that developers are so lazy that they can't compress or optimize their games.

Pic related, it's the total amount of space taken up by 4 games on my hard drive.
>inb4 Ghosts is shit
>inb4 Ark is shit
I already know this but thanks for your input.

What does /v/ think?
>>
>>382029574
Collectibles done poorly, like when they're not marked. Audio logs you gotta pause to play.

Lengthy, constant fucking text dumps. Especially when it's random, boring shit. Fuck you, Nu-PREY.
>>
File: 20170615_235421.jpg (453KB, 841x841px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_235421.jpg
453KB, 841x841px
Bump for legit vidya discussion.

Don't write a novel next time, OP.
>>
>>382030936
Sorry, I'll try not to next time.
>>
>>382029574
I wonder how long it'll take until the first retard shouts something about poorfags and starts defending the laziness of the gaming industry.
>>
>>382031052
The most popular threads got like one sentence.
>>
>>382030936
>30 seconds of reading is a novel
You must be over 18 years of age to post here.
>>
>>382031327
Games got ridiculous textures now, though. Right?
>>
>>382031364
See: >>382031357

The most popular threads almost never have a wall of text. Don't be such a dumb faggot.
>>
>>382031393

Depends really. Doom and Wolfenstein use megatextures which accounts for their fucktarded file sizes. I think Doom is at 80gb at the moment.
>>
File: image (1).jpg (22KB, 231x240px) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
22KB, 231x240px
>that fucking generic ass "orchestral" or "rock" or whatever the fuck soundtrack that most big budget games seem to have

Come on people. Music doesn't deserve this fate.
>>
>>382031462
Yes, because most of these one-liners is fucking bait
>>
>>382031561
What in the fuck? I'm not sure how it works, but Fallout 4's base game is just ~30GB in size, but if you add the """HD Resolution Texture Pack""" it adds another ~60GB in size, totaling it out to like ~90GB in size, which is fucking nuts.
>>382031327
That's bound to happen, I made the thread knowing full and well that it is. Thing is, it has nothing to do with being a poorfag and more with just wanting to play a game that doesn't take up 1/10 of my hard drive space.
>>
I'm at the point where when I get a game that's less than 20gb I wonder what's missing
>>
>>382032769
Check The Surge. Literally five fucking GB.

Feel like I'm being scammed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.