[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: sync.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sync.webm
2MB, 480x360px
What is the strongest faction gameplay-wise?
>>
>>382029561
Eldar from what I've heard
>>
>not coh
warhams pls
>>
rowboat guildsman
>>
Tau and Eldar are top, with the Tau being a bit ahead of them.
>>
>>382029919
how tau non-spess travel tech compares to eldrad?
>>
Eldar are top tier and would usually btfo the other factions in a game where both players are equal skill. 1D4chan wiki has an article outlining this.
>>
File: header.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
Is it any good now? I remember playing it back in 2009, finishing the campaign and never touching it again.

What have they changed?
>>
>>382029656
>>382029919
>>382030287

So basically it's just like the Tabletop.
>>
>>382029919
Lol no, Tau are shit in lots of matchups. Tau are actually decent vs. Eldars but overall they're muh weaker. Try playing Tau vs. an Ork, you'll be shit on. Meanwhile, Eldar can deal with and Ork relatively easily.
>>
>>382030083

Tau have no ftl travel at all, that's why they're stuck in their tiny sector of space next to macragge.
>>
>>382030593

>tau has no ftl

>There are anons seriously this retarded
>>
>>382030593
Tau do have FTL travel, they just don't go through Warp, they go kind of around it so it's slower (but also safer).
>>
>>382030287
This one?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Eldar
>>
>>382030287
Tha article is a complete joke, I hope nobody took it seriously.
>>
>>382031467
It's been mostly fixed now. Eldar ARE OP, just not to the extent the article implied. Fleet of foot reaper spam with occasional Ranger support is still a huge pain for most races to deal with.
>>
>>382030560
Orks are apparently the only match-up the Tau have some struggle against, they are really strong against anyone else.
>>
>>382031743
Necrons shit on them as well.
>survive till T2
>build second monolith
>span Wraiths from two monoliths
>hunt and murder every single Stealth Suit team
>Fire Warriors can't kill Wraiths
>Kroots will struggle to kill Wraiths, and if the enemy is full on krooting you just make some Flayed Ones, honestly Kroots are a meme melee unit
>if enemy managed to get into tech, just make some Immortals
Honestly most races can deal with Tau just fine, sure FWs have retarded damage output but they're also fucking blind, slow, expensive and have a set-up time while fucking reapers don't.
>>
>>382030905
They don't, they go almost ftl but it's still slower, they retro engineering a warp drive from a crashed human ship but what it does without psykers is simply making the basically surf over the warp realm and it's not as fast as warp travel, it's the same method that early space colonization humanity used decades of millennia ago.
>>
>>382032093
Gravitic Drive and Gravitic Hook - A Gravitic Drive or Gravitic Hook is a form of non-Newtonian, reactionless FTL starship drive system that works by generating an alternating gravitic gradient in the path of a voidcraft so that it is "pushed" or "pulled" through the contracting space-time by the drive. With a Gravitic Drive or Gravitic Hook, the voidcraft does not really travel through space as much as space itself moves around the vessel. These technologies are utilised exclusively by the Tau for interstellar travel.
>>
>>382032216
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gravitic_Drive

Seems to be newer stuff but what I said was also right, aside from that it still says:

>Compared to the Warp drive used by most other races, Gravitic Drive technology is significantly slower.
>>
>>382032502
>what I said was also right
no it wasn't, it's slower but it's still FTL, otherwise it'd take Tau literal decades to get to their colonies and they would be even less of a threat than they actually are
>>
>>382032960
read the link
>>
>>382033076
> are then flung back into normal space at faster-than-light speed,
it's FTL because it allows the ships to go faster than light

what are you even trying to prove?
>>
>>382032037
Thats real neato and all but necrons fold immediately to vespid rush. They have no real answers to this shit. The main reason they are dog shit in 1v1 is because their early game is so shitty their only crutch is the necron lord and most factions have ways to deal with it.
>>
>>382033803
>necrons fold immediately to vespid rush
No they don't, they might lose 1 gen and even that isn't certain.
>They have no real answers to this shit.
Just build your free warriors. Yes, they're slow, but your gens are all nicely packed together, right? If you have a point next to your base, make an LP2 there, one use of its ability will cut all the vespids' HP in half.
>>
>>382030473
Not anymore, eldar are middling.
>>
>>382034095
>vespids beat NW in melee
>lord is too slow to build to stop rush and can be kited
>claiming a LP upgrade will be up in time or in the right spot on every map
>not realising the point of vespid rush is to cripple enemy workers, economy and hamd tau early tempo
>>
>>382034401

>drinking the delicious tears of tau and eldar players in 8th edition

..and its only been out for 2 weeks!
>>
>>382034638
>>vespids beat NW in melee
Who cares? The NWs are free. When they're fighting them they're being literally useless, wasted money for Tau player. And no, they won't beat them fast enough. They can use sonic sometimes, and that's it. And if you have 2 packs of LITERALLY FREE warriors, one can tie vespids in melee and another can shoot them.
>not realising the point of vespid rush is to cripple enemy workers
They're not even very good at killing scarabs.
>>
Wait, what?

Robot Girlyman is back? There are super space marines now?
>>
>>382034979
It dont matter if they are free. If you losing all your fighting units to a rush on sub 5 mins you loose that game period. If your eco falls behind you loose the game. If you lose your worker line in the early game you loose because since necrons have 1 building to que their units and cant afford to delay their build due to losing wokers and the only unit that can cap points. Oh and vespida wipe scarabs in no time at all. I dont know what game you've been playing but ive refuted your weak ass claims to the point im convinced you dont know shit about DoW or the 1v1 metagame.
>>
>>382029561
Elfdar. And then IG. Of course this is if we don't take into account pre-patched SS.

Because in this case SoB all the fucking way.
>>
>>382031743
Not only.
>Chaos can fuck-up Tau with Cultists -> Raptors spam
>IG can fuck up Tau with usual Grenede Launchers + Psykers, spam Sentinels if needed
Tau can hold well against SM, SoBs and Eldar/Dark Eldar but they are fucked when Ork/IG/CSM/Necro player picks right tactic against them.
>>
I spam grenade launchers on Imperial Guard. So far its been great against AI since they spend most of their time flat on their backs because of the blast. How would a human player counter this?
>>
>>382036791
It depends.
If you're playing against Eldar then you're fucked. If you're playing against anything else then it depends on micro levels.
>>
>>382036076
Vespids are super expensive as a squad and to reinforce, they even require energy to reinforce.

NWs won't be your main fighting force against Tau, that would be Wraiths and maybe later Destroyers if you feel like it. You can build some NWs later, it doesn't matter if you lose those free units since you're delaying the enemy anyway.

Vespids might Shred one gen but that's it, and they cost more than 1 gen. If they break two, you probably fucked up somewhere.

Also 1-by-1 NW will outdamage Vespids in melee 1 by 1 - Vespids have miserable damage overall, they're for breaking buildings/detecting/giving vision/tying up stuff. Go check that one narod dot ru site, can't post links because 4chan is getting angry.

>you dont know shit about DoW or the 1v1 metagame
Says a guy who thinks Necrons suffer from Tau.
>>
Are orks gud in 8th edition?
>>
>>382036157

>Because in this case SoB all the fucking way.

Both of SS's patches were down to game shattering bugs related to SoB.
>>
>>382037615

Ork boyz are obscenely good value for points with a combination of mob rule and green tide. With the changes to the wounding chart their T4 (even with tissue armour) givbes them an enormous boost in durability against weapons that traditionally cut them in half.

Get the supporting units nearby (waaagh banner nob, painboy and the like) and LOADS OF BOYZ makes for an exceptionally difficult force to crack for the points investments now that blasts can't just kebab entire units anymore.
>>
>>382029561
DoW 1v1 Tier list

>Top Tier:
Eldar, Tau

>High Tier:
Chaos, Ork, Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle

>Mid Tier:
Space Marines, Imperial Guard

>Low Tier:
Necrons

Team games are obviously different, necrons for isntance are much better if they have team mates to carry them through their abysmal early game in 3v3 or w/e
>>
>>382039220
This list is bullshit and Necron early game is fine.
>>
File: 8MxCgt7.jpg (694KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
8MxCgt7.jpg
694KB, 2560x1440px
Did anyone else get Battlefleet Gothic Armada on steam? How is it?
>>
>>382039342
You have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>382039220
Based on SS, right? Seems about right.
>>
>>382039448
same to you my friend
>>
>>382039493
>SoB
>Dark Eldar
I'm a retard, you don't need to point it out.
>>
>>382034867
Can I get a quick rundown on 8th? Is it worth getting out my old 2000~ points of Black Templars for?
>>
>>382039438
True to the 40k lore and universe compared to DoW3.
Not very easy
Multiplayer is dead
If you have some autism in you, you can enjoy custom AI matches and soak in the grimdark future of the 41st millenium in space
>>
>>382034867

Most Tau players cruched hard on riptides and stormsurges, and haven't changed with the new edition. 4xfusion commanders, stealth suits with homing beacon, and Crisis doom-drops are where its at right now. you can wipe like 80% of an enemy army before it even moves, its great, get engaged in melee, fly out, and just shoot them again.
>>
>>382040581

Riptides aren't hot shit anymore and stormsurges are no longer invincible. Combined with the nerfing to markerlights all the "classic" tau crutches are gone and tau players are bitching that they can't table everyone in 3 turns without reprise.

>crisis-doom drops

I'll believe that though. Getting the first turn in matched play is really easy and gives a staggering advantage.
>>
File: Star_of_Chaos.jpg (40KB, 610x645px) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_Chaos.jpg
40KB, 610x645px
i like DoW III
>>
>>382040910

Oh, and gun-drones as well. The fireblade works on both their guns, because they're separate and not twin-linked anymore, so each drone gets 6 s5 shots at 4+ with drone controller, and 3+ with ML. at 8 points a drone.

The frisbees are kind of terrifying now. or at least scarier then they were
>>
how much have you faggots spent on plastic

$800
>>
File: 1480948284504.jpg (41KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480948284504.jpg
41KB, 600x300px
>>382040970
DELETE THIS HERESY
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.