[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone replayed this recently? Does it still hold up for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Red_Dead_Redemption[1].jpg (62KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption[1].jpg
62KB, 300x360px
Has anyone replayed this recently? Does it still hold up for you? When I first played it it immediately became one of my favorite games of all time but every time I think back to it nowadays I worry that I'd hate it if I replayed it with how much I despise open world games now and how disappointing both BotW and Zelda were.

All I can think back to with Red Dead was a lot of riding a horse through empty open plains and "towns" that had nothing to do in them. The story was cool but I struggle to remember what about RDR makes it a good open world game and not just as boring if not worse than the dozens of titles currently on the market.
>>
Recently beat it again a few days ago actually. Absolutely holds up well. Solid gunplay, good characters, great music. Only thing that bothered me that i hadn't noticed before was the traveling that you do in the game/ But that gets filled with dialogue or you can use your camp to fast travel anyway.
>>
>>382026439
My Xbox 360 shat itself a few years back now when I play this random props appear in the road three feet above the ground.

Other than that, the game is solid baller ass. Would play this over GTA V any day.

Plus, the second one looks cool so far. Cinematic trailers are good for hype I guess.
>>
The story is really slow, and has one of the most hand-holdy "the first five hours are a tutorial, deal with it" intros in all of video games. The game itself is fine but the story pacing and conventions have aged like sour milk.
>>
>>382027129
Cow hearding missions suck ass. They don't serve the plot at all until the end - Kinda.
>>
>>382026439
I found th gunplay to be terribly repetitive. Aside from that I enjoy this game a lot. There's something about the atmosphere that sucks me back in every time I play. I'm not sure I'll ever beat it again but it's always worth returning to
>>
>>382027129
The game was always a never ending casual tutorial piece of shit, every Rockstar game has been like this, it has nothing to do with aging the game was always awful.

Your fucking retarded
>>
>>382026439
I beat it again like 2 years ago and loved it as much as I did the first time. Still my #1 favorite game.
>>
>>382026439
THE MULTIPLAYER
>>
I'm playing it right now for the first time. Does the game pick up once you get to México? So far the main missions have been kind of eh, it feels like I'm still in the tutorial. I like the world and the strangers side stuff though, those are kind of fun.
>>
>>382026439

Meant BotW and Phantom Pain btw

>>382029030

Man idk what it was about GTAIV and RDR multiplayer but having nothing to do actually made for some of the most fun times I've ever had with MP. It was like when you used to go outside as a kid and had to make your own fun. I have so many good memories of playing GTAIV with friends at 4am fucking around at the airport or in RDR where one of us would glitch into the attic of Marston's house and the rest of us would try to sneak up on the house while the one guy in the attic tried to snipe us from the window.

Just stupid fun. I miss Xbox 360 days.
>>
I loaded this onto my Xbone recently and have been playing it here and there. It's still fun, but the horse riding does get tiresome at times. Besides that, I think it's held up well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.