[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Flopout_4.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
Flopout_4.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
What went wrong?
>>
Name one thing that didn't go wrong.
>>
>>382017951
sales
>>
>>382017951
Combat, companions, interesting side stories, world building. This game has the best DLC out of all the fallouts, hands down. Far Harbor is the best DLC to date.
>>
File: 1495323190660.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1495323190660.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>382018224
Color me surprised, someone who enjoys Fallout 4 also condones selling cut content as DLC.
>>
>>382018224
>Combat
Ok fine, even though it was CoD-ified, the combat was just barely good enough.
>companions
They were all pretty boring.
>interesting side stories
I'm not autistic enough to read every insignificant terminal entry.
>world building
It's a theme park type of world, where there's just random unrelated shit scattered haphazardly around everywhere.
>best DLC
Fucking pleb, Dead Money was the best.
>Far Harbor
Everything in that mod was ripped off from a NV mod called Autumn Leaves.
>>
>>382017827
Bethesda just doesn't give a shit anymore. I was actually surprised why Skyrim got so good scores when it released when the game was so fucking bland compared even to Oblivion.
They thought that they could get away with a completely half assed title that was even more unfinished and empty than Skyrim. And they kinda did. Sales of F4 were insane but the reviews not so much anymore. And people don't trust them that much. This is why they want to milk Skyrim and paid mods because they can't make any good title anymore and it will be waste of money.
>>
>not an RPG
>shitty quests
>every enemy is a generic raider and every location is filled with these generic raiders
>Shitty dialog wheel

>Shitty voice acted MC

Im not even a New Vegas dickrider but it blows Fallout 4 out of the water in everything but Graphics, which isnt saying much because both games look like shit, and gunplay
>>
>>382018394
>Far harbor was cut content

Which is why it's almost as big as the base game right?
>>
>>382018961
>muh uncompressed files
>>
POSITIVE RESPONSE
NEGATIVE RESPONSE
INQUISITIVE RESPONSE
NEUTRAL RESPONSE
>>
>>382017827
Nothing only nerds don't like it.
Fallout 4 > Nerd's favorite game in both quality and sales
>>
>>382017827
More focus put on making a Minecraft lite run and be a central part of the game than RPG elements.
>>
File: 1464511671327.png (2MB, 1725x1596px) Image search: [Google]
1464511671327.png
2MB, 1725x1596px
What kind of man would be cruel enough to do such thing?
>>
>build settlement and put up a bunch of defensive turrets and walls
>enemies spawn in the middle of the settlement past the walls and turrets
>>
File: 1497403503507.png (609KB, 453x649px) Image search: [Google]
1497403503507.png
609KB, 453x649px
>>382018626
>not mentioning shitesda once again not understanding fallout being RPG

They made every conversation a chore and every quest a bore.
>>
File: 1497649707873.jpg (40KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497649707873.jpg
40KB, 640x640px
>>382017827
You mean what went good?
I'd say the world looks good.
The rest is garbage.
Absolutely all of it.
99% into the bin it goes.
>>
>>382018224
>Combat is literally Project Nevada with cover system tacked on it
What about no
>>
>>382017951
character creation was probably one of the only good things imo
>>
>>382020226
This was the gayest bullshit. After building a super stronghold, enemies would spawn in my market.
Super renovations and an hour later, I set traps at the spawn points which, because of the retarded AI, the traps never worked until it was too later anyway.
Fuck this game.
Got 146 mods just to make it bearable.
>>
Waited too long to release the Creation Kit.
>>
Terrible quests, writing and factions. The building aspect is simply tacked on and mindless.
>>
File: efs.png (208KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
efs.png
208KB, 5000x5000px
>>382017827
Autist made several posts about it one day, pretty much everything wrong with the game:

https://pastebin.com/tvDDtyse

It's a 2/10 turd and shits on everything that made New Vegas and, hell, even 3 great.
>>
>>382017827

Not making one fucking phonecall to Obsidian writers and asking how to make a coherent story.
>>
Nothing it was better than a lot of games. The only people who dislike it are nerds.
>>
File: Rod.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
Rod.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
>>
>>382017827
Basically the usual stuff that goes wrong when Bethesda does a thing. They come up with a ton of ideas, implement them in the most bare bones way imaginable, throw them all together and make no effort to get them to integrate them with each other.

Settlements are boring and pointless without mods. The inventory system is a goddamn nightmare, especially with the way items get renamed. etc etc.

At least they improved the gunplay and movement and such over the other games. Which shouldn't be the main thing to focus on in what is ostensibly an RPG, but there we go.
>>
>>382017827
nothing - great game
>>
There isn't a single aspect of this game that didn't go terribly wrong.
>>
Okay what the fuck, I'm tired of you guys posting Fallout threads

I've never played Fallout should I play New Vegas since you guys keep cumming every time someone mentions it or should I play Fallout 1? I'm willing to even go as far back as playing Wasteland
>>
>>382017827
Stop falling for the MUH NEW GAME SO MUH GONNA HATE CUS MUH OLD GAMES ARE WAY MORE MORE FUN AND UMMM UMM MECHANICAL AND ITS BAD CUS NEW AND UHHH MUH NEW GAMES ARE BAD - honestly tho fallout 4 had huge amounts of work put into and far more detail (as much as you hate to think so) compared to previous fallouts, although maybe the dialogue wasnt as in depth as fallout nv so what? fallout 3 dialogue and missions werent great. I still think fo4 is the best fallout so far followed by nv just because of the many mechanics and side missions.
>>
Everything is bad but one huge problem in particular is the leveling/perk system. With it they even completely threw out all pretenses of it being an RPG with the removal of skills. Want to build a merchant character? Too bad, you can't sink points into barter and you can't even put all your points into the barter perks until lvl 40 or whatever. Every single character you make is a generic jack-of-all-trades every time, with a few gimmicky perk choices thrown in.
>>
>>382025690
Just play New Vegas.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.