[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this be okay as my first Disgaea game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Would this be okay as my first Disgaea game?
>>
Sure why not?
>>
>>382017391
>starting with the 5th game in a series
Are you retarded? Play them in release order
>>
>>382017391
most of the players don't give a shit about the story of disgaea, so why would you? it's all about stats and grind if you enjoy that then the 5th is the perfect for a starter
>>
>>382017391
Stories are mostly self contained but it'll be hard to go back to older ones due to the mechanics. I'd suggest starting with 1 and working you way up from there.
>>
>>382017726
This.
The gameplay improves for each game, so trying a newer game and then playing 1 might be a bit jarring.
>>
Disgaea is one of those series you're always better off playing the latest entry which always end up having the better gameplay.

None of the stories/characters are particularly great, including the first one.

Disgaea 4 still come as a point of interest due to the sheer amount of content it had though.
>>
>>382017391
A friend of mine got this game and was brand new to the series, he recently passed 200 hours of gameplay. I'd say its fine if its your first crack at the series. Don't forget there is a demo for Disgaea 5 complete to try.
>>
>>382017947
>implying you'll ever finish them
>>
If you played one, you've played them all, sadly Disgaea is one of the worst offenders when it comes to rehashing. Very little improvement over time, less and less attention to detail and challenge in map variety, only increasing the maximum amount of numbers on screen and making progression easier to reach said numbers faster.

Still my favorite cast is 1, then 4 (they get overly repetitive by midgame tho), then the main girl from 2 (Rozalin) and then the rest.

I mean, if you already have a switch, why not? get the most out of it. If you have the patience play 1 first, the rest are inconsequential anyways.
>>
>>382017391
yea but the 1st one has the best story and once you play any other disgaea you won't be able to downgrade the gameplay and enjoy it so this is your only chance to enjoy the first one them jump to the 5th to have all the features.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.