[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario Brothers 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Lucky enough to have an extended discussion with someone noteworthy at E3 recently. They slipped me some information I think you would all be very interested in.

During the September Nintendo Direct Nintendo plans to show a short teaser for their next mainline 2D Mario, titled Super Mario Brothers 4 (Super Mario Brothers 5 in JP).

The game is supposed to be a followup to Super Mario World, ignoring New Super Mario Bros. Like it's predecessors, the game is planned to add only new content with nothing familiar, save for Mario staples that have been in every 2d game (question blocks, pipes, etc). Everything else is completely new. New power ups, new level styles, new mounts ala Yoshi, new enemies, you get the picture.

The art in game is all hand drawn including the totally new overworld.

The rest of the information I have is small snippets such as:
>An entire level that takes place on the back of a Gigga Bill
>Multiple yoshi-like mounts including a bull type thing with a football helmet that can smash through enemies and bricks, and a toad-goomba hybrid that turns enemies into powerups (????)
>Only returning powerups are the mushroom, star, and fire flower. New powerups include a pair of metal wings that let's him double jump, "Goomba seed" that allows Mario to tame any non-boss enemy, and mole claws that let's Mario dig down into the ground, with more I haven't been told about.
I haven't been given too much info on how the powerups function but apparently the claws can be used to climb into pipes that have been destroyed, dig under and avoid certain enemies, or even find underground areas that are otherwise inaccessible.

That's all the info I have, so I guess I'll see you guys in September

Pic is fanart obviously.
>>
File: 1743700-jp_smw.jpg (117KB, 500x900px) Image search: [Google]
1743700-jp_smw.jpg
117KB, 500x900px
>>
You said that was gonna be announced during E3....
>>
I wish.
>>
>>382017828
Info was updated last minute. After the thread was gone
>>
File: 64654995.jpg (50KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
64654995.jpg
50KB, 426x640px
>>382017198
Lying little child. Fuck off back to Minecraft.
Super Mario World is also known as Super Mario Bros 4.
I am sick of all these threads where kids post cringy as fuck lies. Next thing you know he will say his dad works at Nintendo.
>>
>>382017198
>>382017740
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros_4
SMB4 came out 27 years ago.
>>
>all hand drawn

There is the mistake. No one believes it anyway, but they REALLY won't believe you if you say that.
>>
>>382018195
>Super Mario World is also known as Super Mario Bros 4.
Not that this isn't bullshit, but it was only called that in Japan, hence why OP said the game would be SMB5 in Japan.

If somehow this ends up as true, I hope it feels more like SMB/SMW than the NSMB series.
>>
>>382019048
They would need to kill Miamoto first
>>
>>382017740
first post is still best post
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.