[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mankind Divided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: mankind.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mankind.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
Mankind Divided fucking sucks.

>not as smooth as Human Revolution
>only one lethal takedown compared to 4 or 5 from the previous game
>takedowns are less satisfying
>level design is far more linear and nonsensical
>immature, intellectually simplistic SJW storyline, Augs are a race now apparently and the game openly makes allegory to racial segregation through the black sidekick
>weapons are clunky and don't handle as well as in HR
>Dialogue paths are way simplified and bungled; far less variance for player choice than even HR
>garbage pre-order bonus trash that is poorly handled and explained

Is this thing even worth playing on NG+? I was frustrated to hell and back by my first runthrough of nonlethal. It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>382017192
All valid criticisms. God do I hate the stupid takedowns. Mankind Divided does make some improvements (sidequests, Prague exploration, and SOME gameplay/upgrade mechanics), but ultimately Human Revolution was a more satisfying game. The original Deus Ex beats both by a MILE though.

New Game Plus doesn't belong in Deus Ex IMO, as it's a game about making choices about your playstyle and how you want to build your character.
>>
>>382017553
Yeah, I found HR to be flawed, but a good game and I really liked the story, I found it solid enough to be a valid prequel to the original.

But MD seems to take everything that HR did well, and ignore it, while taking most of what made HR flawed and not fixing it.

But what I really can't forgive is the retarded story and game design.

>Be explicitly told by Miller not to cause trouble with the State Police in Prague
>Go talk to the fuckboy scientist character for a main quest
>he tells me to steal evidence back from the state police
>I think this is a ridiculous fucking idea that Miller would absolutely not sanction
>have no choice but to do it anyway
>complete the mission without killing any state police because I think that will make a difference
>everyone at base thinks I'm a monster anyway because the game doesn't differentiate between lethal and nonlethal completions

felt so fucking stupid, considering HR did that mechanic really well and Sarif industries would comment on your lethality or lack thereof after almost every mission.
>>
In addition

-guards finding me randomly without line of sight or sound if I enter areas that the devs consider problematic
-come up several times against 'flat walls' of guards that are extremely difficult to pass without being detected

the game's design just reeks of laziness.
>>
>>382017192

This game is good for modern standards. Look at all the SJW trash coming out soon. Look at shit like Mass Effect: Andromeda.

The bar is really high for Deus Ex but it's in no way a fuck up of a game. This game could have turned out like Mass Effect: Andromeda but it didn't.
>>
>>382017192
I've heard that MD had really good world design, some dude even did a video on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USVr936aKzs

I already picked up HR on steam's sale, but I was thinking of getting this as well.
>>
>>382017192
sorry were you having a stroke whilst playing MD?
>>
>>382018051
Yeah, the main narrative sucks balls. I heard rumors they switched dev teams (and engine) halfway through development, and the story had to be reworked from what the B team made. Had it just been the HR team from the beginning I bet the game would have been a lot better.

Things that bugged me about the story:
>Gold Masks are an intriguing villain, Miller tells you you don't get to investigate it
>tfw you ACTUALLY don't get to investigate it and are stuck on the stupid terrorist attack the whole game
>Desperate Measures DLC mission clearly should have been a main quest that taught you the identity of Ivan Burke and led you to ARC, rather than the bullshit excuse they used
>Talos Rucker dies no matter your actions in the conversation because they didn't want to make your choices matter
>Siding with Task Force 29 over the Juggernaut Collective is ALWAYS a bad move and fucks you over. You get nothing by handing over Rucker's evidence, calling Miller at GARM has the traitor Chikane sound an alarm on you, and you can only synthesize a cure for the Orchid if you go for the bank mission.
>Game about conspiracies expects me to believe that Janus is a good guy and not being manipulated by Bob Page to weaken the Illuminati and aid Majestic 12 coup
>GARM itself is dumb because there's no actual objective, you just escape the place and learn nothing of interest.
>Mafia sideplot is ultimately forgettable
>Choice in the last mission is meaningless because it's just based on a timer, you can easily save everyone if you "correctly" sided with the Juggernaut Collective and Stanek's bomb stopper is pointless
>Game doesn't take you to Rabi'ah, location that's been teased throughout the game and was clearly supposed to be this game's Area 51/Panchaea
>Don't get to kill (or see killed) Volkard Rand, bald Illuminati dude who clearly dies because he isn't on the Council of Five in DX1
>Entire thrust of the story is stupid Aug's Rights bill that no one cares about
>>
>>382018694
This may be true but it still shoves an extremely simplistic racial allegory. The black sidekick (who is a laughable SJW plug character) seriously implies that racism is meaning she has to stay off the streets of prague, rather than being an aug.

You can also make Jensen side with the terrorists to some degree, saying that it's normal humans' fault that augs bomb people in prague in an optional dialogue choice.

It's fucking stupid even if it's only a few moments like that.
>>
>>382018969
Yeah the gold masks thing is crazy. It absolutely reeks of a changed storyline
>>
File: Aria_Argento.png (390KB, 651x645px) Image search: [Google]
Aria_Argento.png
390KB, 651x645px
well it had the best girl, but I see what you mean
>>
>>382018969
>Game doesn't take you to Rabi'ah, location that's been teased throughout the game and was clearly supposed to be this game's Area 51/Panchaea
>Don't get to kill (or see killed) Volkard Rand, bald Illuminati dude who clearly dies because he isn't on the Council of Five in DX1

I think that was clearly meant for a DXMD part 2 game
>>
>>382018969
Also, where are the secret basements in this game? Serious complaint, because finding conspiracy literally lurking beneath the surface is a staple of DX's feeling of "oh shit what's going on here".

DX1
>Secret NSF base underneath Castle Clinton
>Secret MJ12 lab underneath UNATCO
>Secret MJ12 lab underneath Versalife (technically, twice)
>Secret cellar operations room in the DuClare Chateau
>Secret underground complex in Area 51

DX:HR
>Secret FEMA detention facility beneath abandoned warehouse in Detroit
>Secret Illuminati operations base and Eliza AI beneath Picus News
>Secret Humanity Front militia basement in Sandoval's Detroit apartment
>Secret Hyron Project computer system in Panchaea

DX:MD
>Literally just the underground vaults in the Palisade Bank
>>
>>382019510
Yeah she was cute, but also ultimately was not well implemented.
>>
>>382019510
You're not wrong, MD had some great waifus. Ultimately lacking in character development which is a crying fucking shame.
>>
>>382018857
Absolutely, MD's Prague is the best city hub in any game I've played, and also contains the best sidequests I've ever played in an RPG. The rest of the game just can't hold up.
>>
File: eliza.jpg (418KB, 1359x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eliza.jpg
418KB, 1359x1080px
>>382019510
that's not eliza
>>
I was expecting them to do something unique with the Aug crisis, even if I felt like it's a stretch for all those poor people to have super augments, like yeah even if your augs are from your job and shit, they really going to pay for Neuropyzene for the rest of your life? You're gonna sacrifice a couple limbs and get a drug you need for the rest of your life, for a job? What the fuck?
The whole Mechanical Apartheid thing kinda falls apart.
I can kind of buy it, if the game touched on how fucked society is in our world extrapolated like Deus Ex
Like, shit maybe make Augments so cheap and affordable like phones and TVs and how housing and taxes is fucking the entire world, like how there's a metric fuckton of homeless people in Deus Ex. Instead of telling us how shitty augments are because you need a constant drug supply to stop your arm from rotting away from your body but everyone still got them thinking this was a good idea
>>
>all fun guns were removed
>no heavy rifle or laser gun
>one hub
>some eastern european shithole instead of tokyo
>two locations outside the hub - city of golems and alaska
>you cant revisit the city of golems anyway
>shitty standalone dlc that arent integrated into the main game nor continue the main plot after end nor feature diff protagonist
>one boss
>secondary quests are literally go push a button, almost zero variety
>cant join factions zero roleplaying
>choices dont matter since deus ex is dead
only cucks and normalfags like it
>>
>>382017192
You're damn right about the conversation system. HR's had randomization, but it wasn't % chance to convince the person, but rather there were branching paths that they'd take and you'd have to read verbal and facial cues to figure out how best to respond in the moment. You couldn't just save scum, you had to pay attention. The conversations are still well written in MD, but they're too easy to cheese.
>>
>>382021879
Yeah absolutely, the new system eats dick

>>382020961
All of this 100%

it's amazing how they completely failed to do anything interesting with the equipment and stealth systems.

>>382020920
I basically agree with all of this, I'd write down my complaints about the story but it would be a 1000 word essay lol
>>
>>382023554
And Eidos put DE and Thief on ice and Hitman is in the water too
What a goddamn mess
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.