[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_1831.jpg (22KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1831.jpg
22KB, 236x177px
Which one is better?
>>
Neither
>>
Armor variety: Dark souls 3
Everything else: Bloodborne
>inb4 10 day platinumfag
>>
Bloodborne, I will never get over ds3 poise
>>
>Bloodborne vs Diet Bloodborne for the PC and Xbox crowd
Hmm I wonder
>>
File: rekd.jpg (15KB, 697x59px) Image search: [Google]
rekd.jpg
15KB, 697x59px
>>382016726
10 days is nothing.
>>
File: keepers_hunting_dog.jpg (46KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
keepers_hunting_dog.jpg
46KB, 1024x576px
bb is better obvs
>>
>>382016367
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>382016367
Anyone who has played both will say Bloodborne without a doubt.
>>
Just got to the forbidden woods. So far I had more fun with Ds3, more variation in the world and the enemies, better bosses (haven't really fought any of those that people seem to like a lot though, most I've fought is just werewolves), way better healing system, and more punishing dodges.

The things I think Bloodborne does better is the Victorian style, but it doesn't dig deep enough into it and everything is just churches and woods. People keep saying that the world is way less linear than Ds3, but it feels pretty much the same because of the hub world. Sometimes I have to remember certain locked doors that might be open in Bloodborne, but it doesn't feel connected because you can just teleport everywhere easily. Dark Souls 1 did it much better.
>>
Dark Souls 3 has more enemy and environment variety therefore it automatically wins.
>>
>>382016367
Dark Souls 3 is the worst Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2 is the best
>>
>>382016367
Bloodborne. 3 is good though
>>
Dark souls 2
>>
File: 1498152698846.webm (329KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1498152698846.webm
329KB, 600x338px
BB marked the return of based A team so that one
>>
>>382018035
The enemy variety is complete dogshit in Bloodborne. 2/4ths of the enemies are werewolves, 1/4th is zombies, and the last 1/4th is le Reddit lovecraft alien shit.

Everyone likes to shit on how "uninspired" the areas in DaS3 when Bloodborne literally has no fucking differentiated areas. Everything is either churches/streets or woods. The only area that looks different is cainhurst.

Oh and don't forget yahargul. Literally one of the most poorly designed areas in the history of video games.
>non-stop respawning reused red enemies from previous areas
How anyone can defend this shit is BEYOND me.
>>
>>382017197
>>382018248
>>382018425

Contrarian squad out in full force
>>
>>382018356
Faggot
>>
File: DS2.jpg (73KB, 784x484px) Image search: [Google]
DS2.jpg
73KB, 784x484px
>>
>>382016367
Bloodborne is 8/10
DS3 is 7/10
>>
>>382018632
The bosses seems pretty uninspired as well. In the first few hours of ds3 you fight an armored doglike frost monster, a rotten tree, a teleportating wizard, Abyss watchers, and the deacons.

So far I've fought a big wolflike creature, some guy that turns into a wofllike creature, a poisonous wolf, an electric wolf, and a white wolf with antlers. I get that there's a theme behind people turning into beasts and whatever, but even Demon's pushed the demon concept way further than this.
>>
>>382018632
>2/4ths

You mean half.

I'm not going to defend the lack of enemy or location variety, but it was more a case of quality vs quantity. All those enemies and areas are well designed and the combat is a considerable step up from the souls games.

Whereas games like Dark Souls 2 has the location variety and a huge selection of armours and weapons.
>>
For me, I didn't enjoy BB.

Felt too easy, just spam R1, and if you get damaged you have a quick window to regain health.

It's too forgiving. I haven't died once.
>>
>>382019705
Ds3 is nowhere near as bad as ds2 though, and even if Bloodborne had better combat there's just so much you can stomach before you get bored of the whole experience.

Besides I don't really play these games for the combat.
>>
>>382020090
>Ds3 is nowhere near as bad as ds2 though

I don't consider ds2 bad. It has some shortcomings, but its nowhere near enough to make the game complete garbage as some people claim.
>>
>>382016367
bloodborne is not impressive because the game is a re-branded dark souls but with blood and guns. dark souls 3 is the winner here
>>
File: dark souls maps.jpg (809KB, 1920x3048px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls maps.jpg
809KB, 1920x3048px
>>382016367
bloodborne by far. it's way more cohesive, and much more original.

DaS3 is trying too hard to be a "Greatest Souls Hits" compilation, while also shoehorning in Bloodborne elements, and the result is a mess of a game.

it's also painfully linearm which makes it a chore to replay
>>
>>382019705
>all those enemies and areas are well designed

Wrong. One of the biggest letdown was how easy and stupid some of the mobs were. The beast patients were boring as fuck. You remember those gargoyles in cainhurst too? Those were fucking trash as well. In fact, it feels like most enemies were gimped so that they could only be a threat when they throw 15 of them at once.
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (325KB, 1198x827px) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
325KB, 1198x827px
Well one of them isn't a bland derivative b-team shitshow, so that one.
>>
>>382022260
Bait
>>
File: 1495479621357-2-1.jpg (335KB, 1024x463px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-2-1.jpg
335KB, 1024x463px
>>382016367
Only played Bloodborne, platinumed it in 10 days, going in blind and never having played a Souls game before.
>>
>>382022569
/thread
>>
>>382022260
DaS3 was alos the B team?
That explains shit.
>>
File: IMe1X7F.png (596KB, 522x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMe1X7F.png
596KB, 522x1080px
>>382022715
It was the Bloodborne team though.
>>
File: MS4.gif (673KB, 300x258px) Image search: [Google]
MS4.gif
673KB, 300x258px
>>382022569
you again?
>>
>>382018035
>People keep saying that the world is way less linear than Ds3

Who the fuck says that? Bloodborne is incredibly linear by Souls standards.
>>
>say one nice thing about your least favorite title in the series

I'll start:
DS2 has my favourite standard mob design, the lion men are GOAT
>>
I've noticed that people who think DaS2 is the best usually hate DaS3, and vise versa.

I'm not surprised. 2 is slower, more focused on stamina management and RPG elements, while 3 is more action with a greater focus on movement, combat, and weapons. 2 loves magic, while 3 thinks it's a decent support for all the swords you're swinging around.

The two are like the opposite sides of the same coin, with 1 in the middle being the balance plus having its own advantages (best interconnected world being the big one).

Dark Souls has always had alot of appeal to alot of people for a variety of reasons. Hardcores like it because difficulty, lorefags like it because muh deep hidden backstory, it's visually pretty despite not using the best tech, there's yet to be a Souls game with bad music, there's pvp and pve for those interested in only one feature, and of course plenty of waifus for every taste.

I think that's why there's a distressing amount of these threads every fucking day. This one series has swung back and forth like a pendulum and there's alot to talk about.
>>
>>382022846
So why was it not that good? Why are only the spiritual sequels good while the direct sequels are kinda shit?
>>
>>382020273
By that logic Dark Souls is just rebranded Demon's Souls that does everything worse outside of music
>>
>>382022260
>b team boogie man
Well, to be fair though, B team actually does exist. Its A team that doesn't.
>>
>>382023039
I am not that crazy about das3 and I still hate DaS2.
The combat is shit compared to all of them. Slow and fast.
The lore is completely fucked if you care about stuff like that and it just looks ugly. With horrible bosses and armor sets and levels.

DaS2 is a complete failure on almost every level except maybe PvP

Please don't think only DaS3fags hate das2.
>>
Where is Dark Souls II?
>>
>>382023034
The world connectivity before sens funhouse is good shit
>>
>>382018570
O I N K E D
I
N
K
E
D
>>
>>382023215
In the trash can.
>>
>>382016367
Bloodborne, DS3 was good though.
>>
>>382023214
Oh I don't, I'm sure there's still plenty of people who prefer the first one for various reasons that dislike 2 because it changed so much, and not alot for the better.

Far worse world, the art style got really ugly, lifegems, adaptability, soul memory, etc. There's plenty to hate when thinking of specifics. Still I just noticed that it's the best game for those that want lots of build variety, magic to be at its best for pure wizard runs, and punishing pvp.
>>
why do people hate DS2 again? SotFS fixed everything wrong with DS2
>>
>>382023714
Its just that I have read a lot of times "Only x group doesn't like DaS2"
Which I think paints a wrong picture of DaS2 because it fails on most levels.

DaS3 for the most part just feels stagnant. Like the series should be evolving and DaS3 was standing still.
>>
>>382023858
Didn't fix the trash controls, animations, and general gameplay.
>>
>>382020090
>Besides I don't really play these games for the combat.

Exactly, so you're not going to like BB. The game's kind of designed to push the combat to its limits at the expense of other areas.
>>
>>382021962
>was how easy and stupid some of the mobs were

Not something unremarkable with the souls series anon.

You want enemies that aren't easy and stupid go play some action games like God Hand.
>>
>>382023892
To be fair on Das3, it's standing still because it was supposed to be a swan song for the series.It was a sequal the director originally didn't want to do, and the constant callbacks show that off.
>>
>>382024589
>it was supposed to be a swan song for the series.
Well then maybe it should have done things at least as well as its predecessors.
>>
>>382024225
Animations look fluid and controls are tight, what exactly is your complaint? I platinumed all 3 Dark Souls games and am replaying SotFS with friends now, there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>382025109
Idk I haven't played it lol, but matthewmatosis shat on it so it must be shit.
>>
>>382023858
Not really.

The game is certainly better but I still don't like how it looks or many of the gameplay changes they went with, most of which weren't changed much in SotFS.
>>
>>382024254
I don't think the combat is pushed enough to justify that though. There are also certain parts of the game mechanics that are still better in the Dark Souls series. Parrying seems way easier to land now, and you can basically parry attacks far away that wouldn't even hit you. The sidestep dodges has way too high recovery time, a lot of the time I'm able to just press the dodge button again if I do it too quickly. And although I enjoy regaining health by playing more aggressively, it seems to never really pay off in boss battles. It's just safer to heal most of the time because the healing is so fast, and you can just grind for more potions if you ever run out. The estus flasks seems like a way better healing mechanic, and I don't get whey they keep trying to change that concept.

I went into the game hoping that the atmosphere would be as good as everyone told, but it seems like Demon Souls is still the king in that area.
>>
>>382024908
As these threads constantly show, that's debatable.

I think Das3 appeals to people who wanted a slightly more refined verson of 1's combat with more stuff to it and maybe more of an action focus, as well as the quality of life changes from 2.

Sure the world suffers from lacking design (although seeing everything from the top of everywhere else does alleviate that a bit) but that had to happen thanks to teleporting bonfires being available from the start.
>>
>>382025572
>it seems to never really pay off in boss battles

It seems that it only ever does pay off with boss battles. Since with mobs more than one can be attacking at any moment, bosses tend to allow a couple of hits in between their strings.
>>
DS3 is garbage so easily BB.
>>
>>382025109
>Animations look fluid and controls are tight
I don't see how I can explain it if you're actually playing it but still can't see it. The dead zone is way too big and the animations look like shit and have too many recovery frames. The game plays like shit.
>>
>>382025802
Most of the time I just tank damage and regain it again instead of dodging away from normal mobs. Can't do that against bosses.
>>
>>382023082
Man, it's a sequel forced by contract, it was bound to not be as good as bloodborne.
>>
>>382025898
There is no dead zone in the current version of SotFS, you can run in perfect circles and dodge in literally any direction. You are wrong.
Recovery frames are a valid criticism though
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
>>
>>382025987
Well it feels like an obligation. Both from a design standpoint and as a player.
>>
>>382016367
Dark Souls 3 definitely.
>>
>>382025681
>Das3 appeals to people who wanted a slightly more refined verson of 1's combat
Except it's just a more shallow version of 1's combat.

>but that had to happen thanks to teleporting bonfires being available from the start.
Which didn't have to happen.
>>
>>382026018
Not him, but you're just baiting.
>>
>>382025572
> Parrying seems way easier to land now, and you can basically parry attacks far away that wouldn't even hit you.

True but that's probably to make up for the limited parry amunition and the fact that you can miss with it. I've gotten my face flattened by a Brick Igor on more than one occasion because he jumped and the bullet I shot went just under his armpit.

>The sidestep dodges has way too high recovery time, a lot of the time I'm able to just press the dodge button again if I do it too quickly.

Yeah that happens to me too. I think it was supposed to encourage locking off and rolling as an alternative, which does work against some bosses.

>And although I enjoy regaining health by playing more aggressively, it seems to never really pay off in boss battles. It's just safer to heal most of the time because the healing is so fast, and you can just grind for more potions if you ever run out.

I just can't agree there. But maybe we just play differently.

>The estus flasks seems like a way better healing mechanic, and I don't get whey they keep trying to change that concept.

There's a few reasons I think they did that, mostly to push rally even more by threatening you running low, but then you can resupply by just killing dudes so it didn't really work. Yeah, estus would have probably been the superior option.

All these things could be ironed out in a sequal though, now that the design team is more experienced.
>>
>>382016367
Dark Souls 3
>>
File: a.png (209KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
209KB, 469x469px
>>382026170
I absolutely am not. I'm not about to install this shit on my work PC just to screen record and prove my point though. I legit don't understand this deadzone meme that pops up every thread. You move the stick in any direction, you go that direction. If you're moving, you can fine tune the motion by pushing slightly in another direction. The only complaint I have is that the amount of movement away from neutral that it takes to start moving is a little much, and can make you throw yourself off the world if you're not careful on ledges.
>>
>>382018248
shitposting this hard
>>
>>382026130
>Which didn't have to happen.
Unfortunatly I agree. I think it was a mistake when 2 did it as well.

>Except it's just a more shallow version of 1's combat.
Shallow how, exactly?
>>
>>382026345
>There's a few reasons I think they did that, mostly to push rally even more by threatening you running low, but then you can resupply by just killing dudes so it didn't really work. Yeah, estus would have probably been the superior option.

I think the healing system would be perfect if you recovered potions the same way that you recovered estus flasks, but you would only have like 5-8 of them so you actually had to depend on regaining health by attacking.
>>
File: Euphoric_Tipper-1470894511.jpg (12KB, 203x200px) Image search: [Google]
Euphoric_Tipper-1470894511.jpg
12KB, 203x200px
Bloodborne my friend

>deep, rich story
>lovecraftian setting
>cool weapons like a cane

If you prefer DS3 you simply have no taste. Bloodborne is a game for men, DS3 is a game for fuckboys
>>
Dark Souls 1
>>
>>382019098
I agree
>>
>>382023141
rekt
>>
>>382018052
>quantity >> quality guys
>>
>>382028535
Bloodborne enemies aren't anything special though.
>>
>>382027440
I don't think anyone prefers DaSIII to DaSII.
>>
>>382028756
I do, but I enjoy both.
>>
BB. DS3 is lacking in everything and couldnt manage to hit quantity or quality with anything besides the music
>>
I would rank them about equal.
Bloodborne has a fantastic setting, is very nonlinear, has a unique combat system and atmosphere from the other Souls games so it feels like a breathe of fresh air, and its trick weapons are all incredible. However, the combat is easier, the armor and weapons are very limited in number, when you beat the game you are automatically placed in NG+ which is annoying, it has perhaps the smallest replay value of any Souls game, and chalice dungeons outright suck.
Dark Souls 3 is a great wrap up of the series with its tying in of elements of each previous game, its bosses are the best in the series, its armor and weapons are greatly plentiful and highly fashionable and it has perhaps the highest replay value of any Souls game because of it. However, it is very linear, PvP is at its worst, it has perhaps too many blatant rather than subtle callbacks to previous games making it feel more like a 'greatest hits' game than its own, and though it has many weapons only a handful are viable with all types of magic in particular being absolute garbage.
The DLCs for both games makes it even harder to compare the two, as both were amazing in their own rights.
Overall, yeah, I think I would rate them as equals. They are definitely improvements to DS1 and 2 and I am curious as to what their next installment will be.
>>
>>382016367
dark souls 2
>>
>>382023082
It was fucking great autist. Notice how everyone but /v/ likes it?
>>
>>382029848
Because /v/ is people way too old discussing video games and everywhere else is just kids with no taste who want to like the game their mom bought them?
>>
>>382026130
Yeah well dark souls 1 feels like shit. I'm sorry but ds3 just controls way better than ds1.
>>
>>382029963
it's raining strawmen! Everyone get inside!
>>
>>382030174
>strawmen
Don't use words you don't know the meaning off. It makes you look like a child.
>>
>>382016367
They're both subpar pseudo-action game trash.
>>
File: 1463879001924.png (268KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1463879001924.png
268KB, 540x810px
DaS3, no contest

>>382028756
I think there's only a small minority that even dares to say out loud that they prefer DaS2 over any other game in the series.
>>
>>382030486
I often defend DaS2 for (You)s its easily the worst but the (You)s come so easy.
>>
>>382030486
And that minority is right.
>>
>>382019464
It's funny you say that, because by the time you beat the game you'll be wishing it had more beasts in it. There's a twist halfway in and you start to encounter weirder stuff, the "beast" theme is actually a false flag.
>>
>>382030663
Of course they're right, if they actually prefer it, how can they be wrong lmao
>>
>>382030683
actually, the beasts aren't a false flag, they're really there and are a problem
>>
>>382016367
bb by a country mile. it's from's best game and imo BTFOs the entirety dark souls. it's just a tighter well polished experience with no low points all the way through
>>
>>382030486
minority is right, the DS2 base game is on par with 1, and the DLC is the best souls content ever produced
>>
>>382030881
Story chalice dungeons are a pretty big low point in my opinion, otherwise I agree completely.
>>
>>382030881
BB has no high point outside of the DLC either.
Oh, and also
>sub-30 fps
>>
>>382030863
I mean in the sense that the game is actually about ancient aliens and cosmic horror, with the later boss fights being against abominations from outer space or other dimensions rather than the werewolves you got accustomed to in the beginning of the game. In the grander scheme of things, the whole beast problem is just a minor side effect of much more sinister things that are happening on the grander scale.
>>
File: 1498574461379.jpg (39KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
1498574461379.jpg
39KB, 400x509px
>>382016367
Bloodborne by far, 3 is easily the worst Souls game. Either DaS 1 or BB is the best.
>>
>>382020273
>bloodborne is not impressive because despite having a completely different setting and new, improved gameplay among other new features like Chalices it's still a rehash
>dark souls 3 wins despite not even changing anything at all
>>
File: 1449838437226.png (3MB, 1850x2850px) Image search: [Google]
1449838437226.png
3MB, 1850x2850px
>>382030546
that's easy to understand, considering 2 is the worst game of the series in literally every aspect, though at least the DLCs have really good level design

>>382031139
I disagree, in my opinion the biggest problem that the old ones cause is the vile blood... which is actually the fault of people administering the old blood in the first place
>>
DaS3 tries to combine Bloodborne and Souls and comes out with the worst of both and the positives of neither. It doesn't have any new ideas to the point that weapon arts are the biggest new addition to the game and they're mostly worthless.
>>
>>382016367
Gee I wonder.
DaS3.
>More variety.
>Better bosses (debatable).
BB.
>Better music.
>Better enemies.
>Better combat.
>Better atmosphere.
>Better weapons and movesets.
>Less linear world.
>Tricking > battle arts.
>Belt casting > catalysts.
>Beast/kin > dragon.
>Story concludes in a nice tidy package with versus the bloated and pointless narrative of DaS3 that fails to conclude the series in any meaningful way.
>>
>>382032048
>better enemies
My sides.
>>
>>382032048
When does tricking become anything useful. I played up until just after that one faggot in the dream who runs around making you chase him before I dropped the game. Trick weapons just seemed like dog shit all around. One good half of the weapon and one wank ass half that is useless. That's how I felt about every weapon except Saw Spear which is just 2 average weapons taped together. Longsword with Stance was awesome as fuck right out of the gate in DaS 3.
>>
>>382032164
The enemies are better.
>>
>>382016367
I love them both equally.
>>
>>382022569
How's your day going man?
>>
>>382032521
Better in that they have to throw like 20 of them at once in order to be considered a threat like the ghost maids and celestial emissaries?
>>
Bloodborne is better but I like DS3 more.
>>
>>382032452
>How is a midstring stance swap with it's own moves good?
Literally sword stance but better.
Also most BAs were unusable.
>>
>>382016367
Dark souls III
bloodborne is nothing but a nigger meme.
>>
File: 1444448570996.gif (885KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1444448570996.gif
885KB, 480x270px
>>382016367
>doing blind playthrough of DSIII
>my first DS game ever
>just finished Yohrm
Does this game get any harder?
>>
>>382031350
The bloods bad because the one of the old ones cursed it
>>
>>382032945
>not mentioning Living Failures
at least Celestial Emissary was kinda fun
>>
2 isn't bad, it just has the worst aesthetics by far. Bad music, bad atmosphere, bad graphics.
>>
>>382032945
How's that any different from the millions of hollows they throw at you at once in DaS3?
>>
>>382033308
the Ringed City DLC is pretty hard tbqh, but I don't know of any areas in the base game harder than the Boreal Valley and those fucking swordsman, jesus christ
>>
File: FreeShugs.jpg (55KB, 449x629px) Image search: [Google]
FreeShugs.jpg
55KB, 449x629px
>>382016367
Both are complete shit. Done.
>>
>>382033336
justified revenge imo
>>
File: 1374782163623.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1374782163623.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>>382033275
>nigger meme
>>
>>382032452
It's useful in PVE on a few weapons, largely because the trick attacks tend to do big damage and not all of them are actually slow. On some weapons, spamming trick attacks are a big damage boost.

I feel like they're more widely useful in PVP, but are also highly situational and require good knowledge of every attack your weapon can do and when you can catch people with what. It's more effort than 99% of Souls players ever bother with though.
>>
>>382033754
black people console of choice.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>>382032452
Doing transformation attacks has more damage than a regular attacks.
Tricking a weapon can increase the range, make it faster, hit harder, stagger enemies, or change the kind of damage it does like slashing or blunt damage
Most of the kin are weak to thrust
>>
DaS3 easily.

Bloodborne is limited as hell.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.