[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you noticed that no one is using chat in online games anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: hmmm.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
12KB, 500x500px
Have you noticed that no one is using chat in online games anymore?
>>
I have, actually. It's kinda odd.
>>
That's not true for the games I play.
>>
>>382004864
My housemates have a ps4 and xbone, and there are still tonnes of screaming 12yos on both.

On pc text chat is used a lot on bf4, although rarely for anything important.
>>
started in the last 4 or 5 years its a thing now
>>
People tend to be chatting in external programs like discord now.
>>
Discord is ruining video games.
>>
Depends on what you're playing
>>
>>382005059
>>382005086
Similar programs like Ventrilo and TeamSpeak have been around for a very long time.
>>
>>382004864
This is rubbish, every game I play has a thriving chat what games to you play?
Weeb shit? Because everybody who plays those are dead and soulless anyway.
>>
>>382004864
Everyone is either on voice or ERPing on skype
>>
Most people use external programs like TS or Discord now.
>>
Everyone is afraid of social contact with anyone outside their hugbox clique because the unknown terrifies them.
>>
>>382005086
They should take that stupid program back to >>>/mlp/
>>
>mess up
>"kill yourself"
>"faggot"

Can't imagine why
>>
>>382004864
Some people do, but I don't see a reason to talk to you faggots regardless of the game. The culture behind multiplayer has entirely changed, so fuck it all.
>>
>>382005324
This. Unless its with people I already know, fuck that
>>
i usually turn off voice chat if i have the chance. used to use it, but the kids that use the mic today aren't really worth listening to or talking to. it will be nice if they all do move to discord.
>>
>>382004864
People can't handle being told they are shit anymore
>>
>>382004864
People use it in Friday the 13th all the time.

Half the time is memes tho.
>>
>>382004864
Depends on what you're playing. Typically shooters don't really allow for much time to type because you're not dead for very long and typically need to keep moving. MOBAs and RTS games still have people chatting that I've seen just because there's more "down time."

Automated chat wheels also reduce the need to actually talk.
>>
>Little kids screaming nigger
>Music blaring in the background
>frat boys saying "dude weed brah"

Yeah I don't miss it,
>>
File: 1497188852814.png (147KB, 1013x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1497188852814.png
147KB, 1013x1249px
since online games are much more popular, most people have friends they play with and are in some sort of external chat with them.

People shouldn't be whining about discord, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, and Skype have existed and been used long before Discord. Even consoles had things like party chat.

Voice chat was really only a thing in the early years when online gaming was first starting to grow.

Even then people still regularly use voice chat in comp games like Overwatch because its necessary to be tryhard.
>>
>>382004864

I wish that was true.
I still play For Honor and even though the game is as dead as it is, the whining in chat is nonstop.
It's like Dark Souls with chat. It's hell.
>>
I've always found that text chat is used a lot more frequently on PC, you don't have that luxury on consoles so it makes sense
>>
>type something useful
>drowned out by tards arguing
>>
>>382004864
>current year
>playing online game
>>
>>382004864
I actually chat more now since I have a good mic and proper pc
>>
I prefer to turn the chat off since I'll probably get banned for saying something to the enemy.
>>
>>382004864
>playing ss13 all night on my 1500 dollar pc
I have no idea what you're talking about H O N K
>>
>children screeching some combination of nigger and faggot
>micspamming memes
>bong rips

And nothing of value was lost.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.