[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simulation game recommendations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: th.jpg (18KB, 221x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
18KB, 221x300px
I'm looking to capitalize on the steam summer sale and buy a few games. I enjoy simulator games mostly and was curious about any recommendations you guys might have. Are the trucking games good? They have decent reviews. Thoughts on the farming sims? If so is there a big difference between 2015 and 2017? Also curious about the The Hunt Call of the Wild and some of the emergency simulators. Are the goat sims just a meme or is there actual gameplay worth checking out?

The genre has a lot of crap in it so I don't want to waste money so any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>382004153

Also do you need a steering wheel to enjoy some of these? If so any recommendations.
>>
File: spintires.jpg (90KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
spintires.jpg
90KB, 672x372px
>>382004153
Truck sims are polished but shallow. You can't do anything in your truck except drive it, change gears, lights and adjust mirrors. It's mainly a game for relaxation if you're into that.

Get Dirt Rally or Dirt 4 for good rally simulation. They're both a bit different in handling, but it's impossible to tell which one is more realistic unless you've driven in real rally. Don't listen to the shitters.

Get Spintires for simulating going through huge amounts of shitty roads with dynamic mud and water in huge soviet trucks.

BeamNG for the most realistic crashing physics ever created in a game.

DCS for the best airplane simulation. Every button is clickable and every system is simulated.
>>
File: dcs.jpg (3MB, 2000x2795px) Image search: [Google]
dcs.jpg
3MB, 2000x2795px
>>382005069
>>
File: beamng.jpg (460KB, 1366x725px) Image search: [Google]
beamng.jpg
460KB, 1366x725px
>>382005069
Farm games are OK. They don't offer anything more or less than what you see. They're pretty good technically, as in you won't get shit physics and ui. construction simulator 2015 is pretty good, too. Got nice controls for all the machinery.
>>
>>382005245
its either that or the Flight Sim X. whichever bullshit one microsoft has as the standard.
i was playing that with mouse and keyboard and was actually flying on flights, that's how easy flying is, but if i hand to land, i crashed or just continuously circled.

keyboard + joystick + mouse would be the best setup. do all the pitch bullshit with the board, actually steer and land with the stick and use the mouse for Nav shit or UI.
FYI, the flight times are real time in these sims, so if the flight takes 4 hours in game, you're flying a plane for 4 hours for real.
>>
Thanks for the replys. Yeah I like them for the relaxing and slow paced nature generally. Just to have a long slow project to tinker with.
>>
File: spintires.jpg (110KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
spintires.jpg
110KB, 1024x576px
>>382005591
You described spintires perfectly. Get that. You can always get a refund anyway.

It's very slow, very methodical and you work towards your objective, piece by piece.
>>
>>382005759
Nice I'm going to check it out.

Has anyone tried out My Summer Car? I played it in a really early build and it was a bit wonky controls. Is it better now?
>>
>>382004153
Operation flashpoint

oldie but goodie, also, better as an actual game than newer arma titles
>>
>>382005245
Just grab X-Plane 11 or FSX if you want Flight sims, it's got the same amount of complexity but at the same time you could just hop in the pilot seat and fly the plane after just 10mins of watching a youtube tutorial.
>>
>>382006345
They don't have nearly the same complexity. The world detail is shit. It's ok-ish in FSX, but terrible in x-plane.

DCS is quality over quantity. And even when you can compare the flight physics, helicopter physics are a complete joke in both xplane and fsx. In DCS, however, they control very close to the real thing, according to the pilots that tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogYjUEGDdM
>>
>>382005902
It's about the same. But I felt my money was worth it after I got past the controls.
>>
File: 20170122011747_1.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170122011747_1.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>>382006996
DCS helicopter flight models are fucking amazing

Shame it's expensive to get into but it's worth it, especially on sale.

Consider IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, Battle of Stalingrad and 1946 for flight sims too
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.