[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the Fantano of video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 16

File: fantano_2.jpg (116KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
fantano_2.jpg
116KB, 640x438px
Who is the Fantano of video games?
>>
File: angry-joe-vargas-nintendo.jpg (150KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
angry-joe-vargas-nintendo.jpg
150KB, 650x400px
There are a lot of video game reviewers, but none are THE video game reviewer, unless someone here can name somebody.
>>
Matthewmatosis
>>
>>382002747
the question wasnt who ATE the fantano of video games u worthless insect....
>>
>>382002602
I don't think there's anyone quite like him. Superbunnyhop is closest I think.
>>
phil fish
>>
I give this thread a light to decent 7.
>>
>>382002602
Hi everyone.
MEMETHEW MEMETOSIS here.
>>
>>382002602

Easily Noah-Caldwell Gervais
>>
File: 1495611613004.jpg (91KB, 622x288px) Image search: [Google]
1495611613004.jpg
91KB, 622x288px
I find myself in constant disagreement with this fag but I guess it is infinitely harder to 100% objectively review music compared vidya and at least he always makes himself clear.
I mean, any layman pleb can point at retarded UI oraz repetitiveness but you need a true connoisseur can classify some unbearable indie rock shrieking as art.
>>
>>382002602
We literally do not have one. We have lots of nu-males, and we have lots of nerds, but we don't have any critics that know the history of videogames and openly speak out against bad games from large publishers.
>>
Videogamedunkey.
>>
>>382003973
but he is too good for that
>>
BORN DIFFERENT
>>
>>382002602
Soon I will be.
>>
File: strong nine.jpg (35KB, 316x630px) Image search: [Google]
strong nine.jpg
35KB, 316x630px
>>
>>382002992
this
>>
File: 1470001966679.png (363KB, 519x316px) Image search: [Google]
1470001966679.png
363KB, 519x316px
>>382002747
fat
>>
>>382002602

Who?
>>
>tfw I could totally do a review a day style video like fagtano since I've played so many games in the past
>don't even need to capture vidya footage would just be me talking in front of a camera

I'd even steal the internets busiest video game nerd bit. Fuck I should start a channel.
>>
I love you melon head cuck boy
>>
>>382004926
No you couldn't.
You're not as charismatic as you think.
Your knowledge of actual videogames is probably very skewed and shallow.

But most important, you don't have the dedication.
>>
>>382004476
Nu-male idol of /mu/

You should know /mu/ doesn't have music selection, they just listen to everything Fantano rates 8 or above.
>>
>>382004429
Is there a more photoshoped man than Pissed off Pablo?
>>
>>382004926
no you wouldnt and couldn't

also rem is shit tier you faggot
>>
>>382004926
Do you also have the best teeth in the game?
>>
Thatistheplan > Theneedledrop.
>>
File: FEELINGS.png (187KB, 315x459px) Image search: [Google]
FEELINGS.png
187KB, 315x459px
>>382005462
It's what killed theneedledrop, none of his comments are about the album anymore. It's all just meme meme meme melon head you gave this x but damn a 7, i'm glad he made it big, though. Introduced me to a lot of great artists.
>>
>>382005462
I might not know my memes, but I know how to shut your shit down.
>>
>>382003307
Maybe if Fantano hadn't ever created thatistheplan you'd be correct. Not so now, especially not so after Noah put out that beautiful travelogue.
>>
>>382002602
It was Adam Sessler before he flew off the rails.
>>
File: 1443783798793.jpg (89KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1443783798793.jpg
89KB, 1024x768px
/v/ does not endorse mass shooters
>>
Joseph Anderson, since they're both hacks. Anderson's praise of DaS2 and Fantano's dismissal of Narkopop come to mind.
>>
>Clueless retard only watched by teenagers for the memes
Every video game reviewer
>>
>>382003307
This guy is such a mixed bag for me. He does some good surface level analysis of games, but he constantly makes excuses for companies and games being more casual. He also seems to suck at every game he plays. I laughed when he said he couldn't beat Warcraft 2''s expansion I beat that shit when I was eleven years old.
>>
>>382006483
His Doom3, Half-Life, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Call Of Duty, Homefront, Fo4, Homeworld, Prey, and other videos are anything but surface level.
>>
File: 1485319058700.png (655KB, 673x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1485319058700.png
655KB, 673x1185px
>>382005359
No. I got the best eyebrows in the game.
>>382005031
You got me on the charisma, but fuck if you aren't absolutely wrong about vidya knowledge. I've been playing vidya for almost 25 years now.
>>382005289
That is an odd way to spell best girl
>>
I agree king gizzard's recent album has excessive spoken work segments, but 6 is harsh
>>
>>382006693
I would disagree because his reviews don't really give any value added to an analysis aside from just straight telling you what a game was like and a little bit of what he thought about it. He doesn't really tell you things from a game makers perspective like Mathew does or just an in depth look at game mechanics or give you any interpretations of plot/lore character analysis etc. He also doesn't do a lot of compare and contrasting of entries in a series even in his retrospectives which leaves his evaluations of each new entry value neutral which is a bad way of doing a retrospective in my opinion because the whole point is to understand the series as a whole and how and why it changed. I suspect he doesn't do more critical comparing and contrasting because he has this tick in his head that tells him being critical of a game would come off immature ala AVGN and DSP types or more cynically might close him off from future game shilling.

There are same games where he does break script and talk a lot more about things in depth than usual like with Tyranny, but these are usually few and far between. I'm also surprised he didn't like Fallout 4 because he usually bends over backwards to suck any shitty triple A games dick, but his excuse this time was that it "just wasn't for him."

Other reviewers might make up for this lack by attempting to be more humorous or inserting some of their personality or life story into a review of a game but he doesn't really do that. He attempts to come off academic almost, but he doesn't go far enough in that direction either, because he doesn't really explore the context or history or possible influence reasons for why a game or game series was made.

His reviews are better than an average idiot reviewing a game but he is an average intelligence fish in a dumb pond.
>>
File: im gay.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
im gay.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>382007995
>He doesn't really tell you things from a game makers perspective like Mathew does
Matthew's suppositions about what the developers thought during which time are conjecture at best, or creating a narrative to suit his analysis at worst. Like his supposition that Super Mario Sunshine was rushed. It is speculation attempting to explain what is wrong with the game, rather than just stating what is wrong with the game.
> or just an in depth look at game mechanics or give you any interpretations of plot/lore character analysis etc. He also doesn't do a lot of compare and contrasting of entries in a series even in his retrospectives which leaves his evaluations of each new entry value neutral which is a bad way of doing a retrospective in my opinion because the whole point is to understand the series as a whole and how and why it changed.
I don't understand. He does all of this. How many of his videos have you seen?
> I suspect he doesn't do more critical comparing and contrasting because he has this tick in his head that tells him being critical of a game would come off immature ala AVGN and DSP types or more cynically might close him off from future game shilling.
You are now doing the thing Matthew does. It is a supposition which cannot be proven in any way so it is useless.
>but his excuse this time was that it "just wasn't for him."
Except for all the bits about the lack of agency compared to New Vegas, F1 and F2?
>or inserting some of their personality or life story into a review of a game but he doesn't really do that.
I don't even know what to say here considering he has mentioned multiple times how important Fallout has been to his life.
>>
File: icycalm.jpg (110KB, 1100x290px) Image search: [Google]
icycalm.jpg
110KB, 1100x290px
icycalm the mad cunt is the supremest video game reviewer and theorist in this entire plane of reality even if he's more arrogant than napoleon
>>
"VIDEO GAYS"
>>
Northernlion
>>
>>382008504
I've seen most of his videos or at least the majority of the ones you posted. I still assert that his analysis are not in depth enough in any one direction or as a general reviewer, I could sit and list a million other ways in which I think his analysis is lacking and is mostly just him boringly reiterating what a game or game series is about but I don't really think you can "prove" that in a discussion like this.

Mathew's analysis from a game makers perspective might not be perfect and might be guesswork at best at times, but at least it offers him a slight edge over other reviewers and in this case long form reviewers. I also said "I suspect" so I wasn't try to anecdote you into submission, I do slightly recall him saying though that he prefers not to be overly critical about a game but instead tries to see it's merits in the context of an average consumer. I don't really agree with that methodology but I guess it's one other people might enjoy seeing.

Him citing the merits of earlier fallout games doesn't conflict with his ending statement of "it just wasn't for me." My contention is not that his point isn't nuanced at all it's that he chooses lazy comforting conclusions instead of just stating a negative opinion he might have about an entry in a series.
>>
>>382009619
>doesn't conflict with his ending statement of "it just wasn't for me."

The rest of the video's criticisms about characters being caricatures rather than characters or the lack of agency wasn't there for you?
>>
>>382010095
>"My contention is not that his point isn't nuanced at all.."

Already addressed this, he criticized it but like always he goes on to make excuse after excuse for why Bethesda needed to do this. If I insert a third party average customer in my own head I can see merits in almost any bad game. I might do parody reviews of Superman 64 and Bubsy with this review style in mind.
>>
>>382002602
you fucking cuck.
>>
>https://youtube.com/watch?v=OPHobo5-Jus

Ahh yes, who could forget such high quality content.
>>
Only one correct answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-puCIJmgkKU
>>
>>382006178
how did he get away with it?
>>
>>382011661
You a gamer dude?
>>
>>382006178
Nah. Fantano doesn't have a pile of birthmarks on his face.
>>
>>382002602
SupperBunnyHop
>>
>>382002602
SomecallmeJohnny
>>
>>382006987
No one wants to watch a sweaty manchild stutter in front of the camera. Say what you want about "muh ecelebs" but they each offer content that not one single person offers anything comparable.

No one out there can offer the content TB does, or Angry Joe, or Joseph Anderson, or Crowbcat, or DSP.
>>
File: sixoutoften.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sixoutoften.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
>>
>>382015254
>DSP

Everyone can do what he does. He puts zero effort into his shit. He struck gold.

The others you mentioned at least put effort into their stuff. I don't like AJ one bit, He's surface as fuck, but he at least puts effort in his shit. DSP just plays, and have everything related to the actual video production automated.
>>
>>382015507
That's what you don't understand retard. It's not "effort." It's style, and personality, and charisma. It's their own unique twist that they offer.

That's why we were upset when we heard the news that TB got cancer, because regardless of what you think of him, he plays a major role in PC gaming and he offers content that quite literally no one else could ever emulate, he's truly irreplaceable (as are most ecelebs)
>>
File: 4f5.png (161KB, 1004x455px) Image search: [Google]
4f5.png
161KB, 1004x455px
>>382015507
also such a shit taste to boot
>>
>>382015254
Ironically I already have a small following of people from when I used to Twitch stream random games from threads on /v/

My streams have always been called comfy and informative. I even played through both 16 bit Aladdin games once to prove that the SNES version is superior in all but animation.
>>
A fag with shit taste struggling to adapt to the current post-ironic era due to being a closeted SJW but being forced to just to gain more views?
I don't know.
>>
File: f48.png (296KB, 1027x315px) Image search: [Google]
f48.png
296KB, 1027x315px
>>382006987
>>
File: THOM.jpg (54KB, 561x557px) Image search: [Google]
THOM.jpg
54KB, 561x557px
>>382004429
UGLY
>>
I wanna fuck him
>>
>>382015808
>That's why we were upset when we heard the news that TB got cancer
Damn I almost got strung along. 10/10 bait though
>>
>>382020452
no we are upset that that lazy town guy has stage 4 cancer

we are ok with tb dying
>>
>>382020452
>>382021850
sorry wrong post

it goes to this fucker>>382015808
>>
File: 1428253765923.jpg (19KB, 549x543px) Image search: [Google]
1428253765923.jpg
19KB, 549x543px
>>382004926
>implying you have the charisma and meme potential Fantano does

You'll break 100 views at most Anon.
>>
Fantano's tastes and critique seem pretty surface level. I guess having a level of screen charisma is enough to make it big, though. And pandering to /mu/.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.