[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got the MGS V: Definitive Experience on the summer sale not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: phantom-pain.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
phantom-pain.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
I got the MGS V: Definitive Experience on the summer sale not long ago, and I just finished Ground Zeros to 100% and I'm absolutely loving it!

Are there any tips or things I should know before I start Phantom Pain?
I heard it was open-world so I'd like to know what sort of play style I should go through the game with instead of just wasting my time doing otherwise meaningless things that don't amount to anything in the game.
>>
The whole game is just bunch of meaningless things queued together. The game is literally unfinished, with tons of intended material not implemented in any way, yet the gaps were hastily patched away with literal copy-paste filler missions you do x infinitum.

The other half of the game is all about managing and protecting your online-honeytrap base that can and will be assaulted by hacking teenagers every single day, all while Konami's trying to jew you "insurance" packs for real money in the background
>>
>>381996350
Not what he asked, I hate /v/ sometimes.

>>381995998
Be as stealthy as possible, and as economic as well. Firstly, invest in passive upgrades, like improvements in your main weapons and not in new or fancy gadgets.
Also, do gunsmith missions as soon as they're available, it can seriously change your playstyle later on.
And try not to think much about staff, the auto sorting function is your friend.

Happy to help
>>
>>381995998
if you extract glaz and palitz from ground zeroes, they will appear as staff in mgsv
>>
>>381996879
iirc, this extended to all unique GZ soldiers, so the CIA mole, the bald Cipher agent and so on.

But then, like the special coupon soldiers and the pre-order ones and so on, they're pretty much all useless after a few hours in.
>>
>>381996615
Thanks!
To anyone else I'd still be glad to hear other tips.
>>
Firewall your MGSV exe so you always have it online. Then turn it on once you finish it.

You collect resources in game that can be stolen by other players and Konami's solution is to pay for insurance so you don't lose them.

You can also lose staff as well so don't bother with onlune until you think you are ready.
>>
>>381995998
Just play the game retard.
>>
>>381997375

*Always have it offline

Damn working at 5 am does some shit to you.
>>
Brace yourself for disappointment since V is nowhere near as good as Ground Zeroes. Its pretty fucking tragic actually.
>>
>>381996615
Its what he should know though fuccboi.
>>
>>381995998
>Are there any tips or things I should know before I start Phantom Pain?
Yeah. Dont get too hyped
>>
>>381995998
Your time isn't that fucking valuable you absolute dumbass. Just play the game.
>>
>>381997375
this guy is wrong about what you should do. other players can steal from you, but the online bonuses more than level it out. online is good.
>>
>>381996350

>OP asks for advice on how to play the game
>Idiot replies with a wall of text complaining about the game

Why is /v/ so focused on shitposting at every given opportunity?
>>
this game needed a level editor and it would have been perfect. The campaign itself is shit and you'll get tired of infiltrating the same shallow "bases" over and over. It's saving grace is the gameplay itself everything else is mediocre.
>>
>>381997647
if OP had actually played the past games, he'd know how to play it already. And like it or not, the whole GAMEPLAY of the game is a slog.
>>
Try to vary your loadout, don't stick to that boring tranq pistol/sniper rifle. And you don't have to fulton everything, later S rank soldiers will become pretty common and S++ rank are easier to get online on cheaters FOBs anyway.
You can also go lethal and still get S rank, the mission ranking system value time more than playstyle.
>>
>>381997689
Yeah, and how this helps OP again?

We've already shit on this game 2 years ago, go circlejerk in Reddit or something
>>
>>381997375
Don't listen to this pussy. People don't care about you shitty soldiers anyway, unless your FOB is full of S++ you should be safe. Set the defense to long range.
>>
File: 88bbf7e6cd299e56a1fd12ffdb098a43.jpg (185KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
88bbf7e6cd299e56a1fd12ffdb098a43.jpg
185KB, 1024x575px
>>381997689
Yeah. Remember when Kojimbo used to talk how cool their level editor is and how they are going to release it to public so people could make their own maps and mission?
What a shame
>>
>>381997792
Well, he didn't play it. Now say something helpful or fuck off.
>>
>>381995998
My advice is not to bother, you've already played the best bit of the whole thing.
>>
>>381997792

But V is open world, retard. Gameplay is the same but approaching objectives isn't.
>>
>>381998213

Has it occurred to you that not everyone is a sad fuck like you and that people might actually enjoy the games you don't?
>>
>>381998402
What's wrong, anon? Bad day?
>>
>>381998536

I am not the one shitting on the game on a thread no one asked your opinion about it.
>>
>>381996615
Go back to your local Mormon madhouse, you overly-friendly cuckface.
>>
Don't bother picking up every flower you see and every little box of resources. Also, if you want to save money for more sikk upgrades, spend a long time in the game world and utilize your hardware properly rather than go in, do mission/side mission, and fly out.
>>
>>381995998
Pay no attention to the story. Its pointless.
>>
>>381998647
OP asked, friend. I gave my own advice. It's up to him what he does with it.
>>
>>381995998
Just make sure you have about 200 hours of free time on your hand, otherwise your screwed!
>>
>>381998679
Get back to your mom's basement, you neckbeard subhuman piece of trash.

And try not to drool on your sister on your way back, your dad has had it with your cringy behaviour.
>>
>>381998771

OP asked on advice on how to play the game. Not wether you like it or not.
>>
>>381998771
op asked for advice on how to play the game, not for advice if he should play the game
learn to read or fuck off
>>
>>381996350
>with literal copy-paste filler missions you do x infinitum
good thing a superior Ground Zeroes is compeltely devoid of that
>>
>>381995998
>have a max deployment cost of 2800 GMP
>bumble around the world doing side ops
>start mission, fulton gun emplacements, mortars, walker gear, S ranks
>restart and repeat until bored
>check FOB to see someone invaded
>go to their FOB and kill a few fags and blow some shit up
>manage my PF battles for points
>deploy back into the world again as one of my DD wives in a bikini
>turn the game off after realizing thats all I can do in this open world experience.
>>
>>381996350
>The game is literally unfinished
Cut content =/= unfinished
>>
>>381999543
You forgot to enjoy the great stealth shooting mechanics
>>
>>381999597

It is when in the non-cut content Liquid Snake flies off with a Metal Gear and the cut content is the resolution of that huge plot point.
>>
>>381999597
Cut content would imply that the content is finished. Chapter 3 was certainly not finished.
>>
>>381999694
I'm saying that I didn't enjoy the gameplay I just wished there was more to it and that I should have gotten it on PC instead for the use of that Infinite Heaven mod. Getting it on the xbone feels so underwhelming.
>>
What's a quick way to get GMP fairly early on?
>>
>>381999842
What does Infinite Heaven bring to a newbie player?
>>
File: 1495542849579.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495542849579.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
Here is my advice

>kill quiet unless you really care about achievements. you dont need her to get the ending. her cutscenes interrupt the game so much and her ending is fucking horrible
>at the end of main missions leave the mission area instead of going on to the helicopter, this lets you stay in the sandbox and do side missions which are important
>turn off reflex mode. you can turn off the HUD stuff too but this makes the game pretty hard and D-Dog useless so maybe do that for a 2nd playthrough
>uses boxes and collect invoices at the outposts, this will let you fast travel
>>
>>382000328
>kill quiet
u wot? how else am I supposed to clean up on S ranks without leaving the safety of my cardboard box?
>>
File: 1469564185515.jpg (188KB, 1422x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1469564185515.jpg
188KB, 1422x1152px
>>382000071
Empty FOB challenges, it great for resources too. Also the lower is your esp. rank the better is the reward.
>>
>>382000475
by not being a casual
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.