[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

I miss this meme at some point or are they just being intentionally retarded.
>>
Most AAA titles are garbage, normie fodder that got called out on /v/ for being the piles of shit that they were.

But in the past 5 years, redditors, normies and casuals flood onto /v/, and their shallow personalities turned them into contrarian fuck wits that will talk shit about anything.

Snobs devoid of critical, objective thinking that could make them understand how W3 is healthy for the industry, while Skyrim isn't.
>>
>>381993932
It's an ideology battle as well, so and so doesn't like bumfuck faggots world view, gets ridiculed.
>"Well fuck it, I'll burn the whole house down so no one has any fun"
>>
>>381993580
Game barely features gameplay. Fanboys defend game for a year straight. Truth eventually settles into place. TW3 is a meme. Some great moments, a few awesome quests, good characters all around. But it's just a book in video game format.
>>
>>381993580
Fighting mechanic is repeative and boring, cities are soulless, you can do almost everything game can offer in firwt map, after that it's copy pasted repeatition. Main story was mediocre, geralt and ciri living in mansion was best ending.
>>
>>381993580
I have just finished it 30 min ago, its one of the best games ever created
>>
>>381993580
Because is popular.
A game can be the worst shit ever created but if that is not known by the normies it becomes a masterpiece here on /v/ but if the exactly same game gets popular among normal people automaticly becames SHIT.
>>
I love using Batman sense and following red shit, so this is my GOTYAY
>>
>>381994942
>Some great moments
>a few awesome quests
>good characters all around
>it's just a book in video game format
You're a fucking meme, boy.
>>
File: 20161108230201_1.jpg (463KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161108230201_1.jpg
463KB, 1920x1200px
>>381993580
>I miss this meme at some point or are they just being intentionally retarded.

As always it's console babbies getting buttmad because TW3 is a game of generation and decade and BB was completely ignored and won no awards whatsoever because it's repetitive Souls rehash.

On top of that TW3 looks better than the fresh meat Horizon that is PS4 exclusive with shit story, characters and quests and only works on 30 fps.
>>
>>381995618
I love spiderman too.
>>
>>381994942
>gameplay = combat

Soulsfags are the worst thing to happen to the RPG fanbase.
>>
>>381995965
Also Dark Souls has a shitty overrated combat system
>>
>>381993580
why are witcherfags the only fanbase that are this insecure about someone criticizing their le precious gem
>>
>>381993580
Soulsfags are the most cancerous fanbase on /v/ and compare ANY game in the same genre or with the same mechanics to their holy, untouchable, glorious miyazaki masterpieces. Why do they specifically target tw3? Because Bloodborne was snubbed by it.

This doesn't just apply to /v/, mind you, fromdrones can be found literally anywhere.
>>
I preferred Death March in TW2 since potions lasted so much longer, you just had to make sure you had plenty of Swallow on hand and things were fine.

In TW3 I felt like I had to abuse Gourmet the entire game because potions were so short lasting

Otherwise I think the combat was overall improved, signs are way more fun in 3 than 2
>>
>>381995965
>shit exploration, everything is marked for you in your technologically advanced satellite map (in a supposedly medieval world), no sense of discovery whatsoever.
>you are never required to use your head to solve any quest, just follow the instructions plastered on your screen and the marker in your minimap.
>half assed character building and customization (hair cuts lol), no proper stealth, proper archery, proper magic system, nothing.
>main storyline bloated with filler shit.
>>
>>381996372
>implying le git gud isn't the same shit
>>
>>381995965
agreed, fucking hate souls shit, can't wait till the trend fucking mellows out something else takes it's place. Maybe get an actual good games like Armored Core.
>>
>>381993932
Holy shit literally FPBP.
>>
i remember this one time in TW3 when i talked to a villager with a bowl cut who asked me to find his brother outside town. i followed a nav point.... mesmerized by the trees as they swayed. "winds howling" geralt remarked. i reached the point and held LT, quickly finding the brothers corpse. i wondered no one else had looked, considering i was less than 200 meters from the village. the answer revealed itself in the form of terrifying moans as twisted figures emerged around me. drowners! i mashed x and watched as geralt hacked his way through the foul creatures. i collected all their brains and followed a nav point back to town. "sorry about your brother" geralt barked as he collected some gold.
the whole experience was just so stunningly crafted and beyond anything i had ever experienced in my entire life. im crying just thinking about it. and then i did it 200 more times.
>>
>>381995824
>On top of that TW3 looks better than the fresh meat Horizon
No
>>
>>381996438
>implying witcherfags don't use the same excuse when someone shits on the assassin's creed tier combat
>"i-it's challenging when you play it on death march!"
>>
File: devil-may-cry.jpg (116KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
devil-may-cry.jpg
116KB, 1440x1080px
>>381996378
>Why do they specifically target tw3

They wouldn't be able to sit through something like Final Fantasy 7, which came out long before their time anyways. They played Dark Souls, found out that its classified as an RPG (even though it's hack and slash with none of what'd you'd expect to find in an RPG) and then played the Witcher 3 since it's big right now and ironically has combats several levels above that of other RPGs; not Dark Souls/Call of Duty level but still good enough to placate those apt to enjoy such games. They then ask why other games aren't like Dark Souls. Other games are like Dark Souls you idiot. You're looking in the wrong genre.
>>
>>381996660
Challenging =/= good
If you play the game using nothing but quen, attack, dodge, then that's your own fault for being a faggot
>>
How do I get into this game? I bought into the hype two years ago and got to the Gryphon boss. Is the whole game just "use Witcher sense to finish this side mission" or did I miss something?
>>
>>381996415
>he plays using the minimap
>>
>>381997056
>"t-the combat is good!"
>"just don't use basic attacks or spells or you'll break the game!"
>>
File: 20161113180913_1.jpg (462KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161113180913_1.jpg
462KB, 1920x1200px
>>381996639
How would you know? You obviously have no PC that is capable of running TW3 on ultra settings.
Faces and facial animations alone are trashing Horizon. Water, draw distance, lights, texture quality, everything is better. On PC of course.
>>
>>381996820
DMC3 is a way better game than dark souls ever was when it comes to pretty much everything aswell,on top of being 10 years older
>>
>>381997176
the fact that there is a minimap at all puts in the shit-tier category.
>>
>>381993580
It is too popular and got scores that were higher than it deserved.

It's about a 7.5/10 not the 10/10 or 9.5/10 game ''''''çritics''''''' gave it.
>>
>>381993932
witcher is literally a game made for normies
>>
>>381996415
>>you are never required to use your head to solve any quest, just follow the instructions plastered on your screen and the marker in your minimap.
There are literally hundreds of quests that don´t have the witchers vision, like the sunken treasures or the thief notes.
>>
>>381997429
how about turning it off and stopping at being butthurt?
>>
>>381997303
You got the point kiddo, it´s like using full alchemy build + cat, yes the combat turns out into a smash the light attack button as fast as u can. But every game has it´s own cheese tactics.
>>
>>381997303
>"the combat is amazing, the souls games really have it down to a science!!"
>roll stab roll stab roll stab roll stab roll stab roll stab
>>
>>381997917
>basic attacks and builds are considered cheese tactics

>>381998247
>deflecting to dork souls when you can't defend your precious waifu's gameplay
>>
>>381996185
Agree, witcher 2 fucking shits all over souls gameplay
>>
>>381998703
The point was you can cheese in pretty much any game like that anon said. You can play to win and not enjoy the game or you can switch it up and maybe even have fun. I don't mean to deflect just using that as an example.
>>
The shitty combat ruins every Witcher game. I've played all three and I like the setting and characters, but I've not managed to beat any of them because the overall experience is just too fucking boring and I shouldn't feel frustrated every time an enemy shows up and I have to endure the chore of fighting it.
>>
>>381996415
You can turn the minimap and markers on map off.
CDPR actually expected that you wouldn't be so retarded and turned it off yourself.
Guess they were wrong.
>no proper stealth, proper archery, proper magic system
Because it's a Witcher game you retard.
>>
>>381997654
*Witcher fans
>>
>>381998941
>You can turn the minimap and markers on map off.
the same could be said about every Ubisoft game but that doesn't stop you faggots from criticizing them.
>>
>>381998885
To add to this tw3 isnt difficult in the first place so it doesn't warrant using the same tactics to win using the least effort possible. It's more satisfying to cast axii on a buffed opponent and watch them fuck up their buddies, or to light someone on fire and throw a dragons dream, and watch them explode, than it is to spam the fast attack button.
>>
The real meme is thinking /v/ hates TW3, there's a vocal minority that despise it but otherwise it's considered a good to fantastic game.
>>
>>381999056
Nobody mentioned Ubi game here. It's Witcher talk.
>>
>>381994942
you are retarded
>>
>>381998703
>deflecting to dork souls when you can't defend your precious waifu's gameplay

There's really nothing to criticize unless you're comparing The Witcher's combat to Dark Souls (which only has combat going for it). It's fun but not super deep and doesn't fill me with dread at the prospect of ending up in a turn based random encounter. Combat isn't the primary reason you're playing the game unless you're retarded but it more than gets the job done.
>>
>>381997072
I found that you need to pace the game out. Play too much of it too quickly and you get fatigued by it.
>>
File: hitman_2017_03_17_21_43_59_244.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hitman_2017_03_17_21_43_59_244.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>381997339
Because i play on PC as well?
>>
>>381998703
I thought you were here for a debate not for a shitpost kid, i think that we gave you a lot of attention.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.