[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this was one of my favorite games but no one talks about it, why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: download (13).jpg (4KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
4KB, 284x177px
this was one of my favorite games but no one talks about it, why?
>>
Cause it's fucking boring.
Man I sure do love walking through dark woods while shining a torch at black figures then shooting them.
Also oh my god I wanna suck Steven King's cock so bad!
>>
Because it's gay
>>
you have shit taste
>>
>>381989556
>Man I sure do love walking through dark woods while shining a torch at black figures then shooting them.
You should get a job as a police officer
>>
>/v/
>talk about vidya
>>
>>381989490
>>381989556
I think the Dev was hoping for some sort of Book or Movie deal.
>>
>>381989656
Alan Wake was no Max Payne that's for sure. Remedy lost the touch.
>>
>>381989656
Nigga it's by Remedy. They've been known for games like these since Sam is a big noire/thriller movie fan.
>>
>>381989490
its a great game, but its also very linear without much replay value, so not really much to discuss other than stating whether you enjoyed it or not.
>>
>>381989490
Because Remedy games have shit gameplay. Who in the world likes walking around and having to read 10000 books to get the story?
>>
>>381989656
there is a novelization
>>
It had a slow start, a decent middle, and a pretty unsatisfying ending.

I just finished it yesterday actually, as an effort to clear out my backlog.

The worst parts of the game was where it was just Alex's monologue, which was the first three episodes of the game.
>>
I thought it was very good. I played through all the dlc. I would like to see a sequel.
>>
>>381989490
This was supposed to be an open world game but due to time constraints it was rushed to linear style. The fact that's it's still a great game despite being very linear speaks volumes about the gameplay, concept, and lore. Truly an amazing game.
>>
It's garbage. Complete and absolute garbage. It fails to be entertaining as a game, fails to be engaging as a story, and fails to be frightening or tense in any way.

Every enemy is killed with the same flashlight/gun combo and every enemy uses the same number of shots to kill depending on the gun. The light mechanic is just pointing a flashlight at something. Every time an enemy spawns in the area the game jerks the camera toward it, shows you exactly what it is, a loud scream comes from it, and it shows you exactly where you are so that you never feel like you don't know what's in the woods or what you're fighting or how many of. It is one of the most baffling things I have ever seen put in a game. At one point the characters just decide to go to sleep in a house in the woods surrounded by monsters. Stephen King is a hack and you shouldn't want to write like him. The episodic formula is just unnecessary and adds nothing to the game and arguably detracts from it by constantly taking control from the player every 20 minutes and forcing you to watch a recap of things you literally just saw and is one of the most pretentious things I have ever seen in a game. Alan Wake basically smells it's own farts and thinks they're fantastic.

The found pages idea turns into the game further informing you of what lies ahead at every turn so you are literally never not cognizant of what you're getting into.
>>
>>381989887
Remedy obviously just wants to make TV shows at this point.
>>
The more you play it the worse it gets. Maybe first time playing it you thought it was great. Second time you'll start having doubts. Third time you're already questioning why you're playing it.
>>
>>381989962
It wouldn't even make a good tv show. It's just not a good story, and true to their inspiration from King, the story ends in a way that satisfies neither those looking for a "deep" and obtuse ending nor those seeking a more logical, straightforward one.

It's the kind of thing people tell you they like and when you ask why they literally can not provide one actual concrete answer as to why. The only thing the game did well was the woods looked good and when you weren't constantly being shown what was in them and what you were fighting and where it was relative to you they could be somewhat atmospheric. That is literally the only thing the game did well and it has been outdone in that department by a number of games since and didn't even do it spectacularly well for when it was released.
>>
Presentation and design is top notch. The story isnt outstanding but is fresh and amusing enough.

The gameplay, however, gets boring as fuck quick. That, and the 100% run can only be made in the max difficulty that is just bullet sponges enemies and you can only play as NG+.

The spin off has much better tuned gameplay, and i guess that a sequel would have too, but the game probably wasn't as profitable.

I would recommend the game as an interesting yet flawed experience.
>>
>>381989490
Cuz its not a lake,its an ocean.
DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN

give me a break one of the worst games ever created.
>>
>>381989490
>tfw the game is now butchered with all songs removed
>>
>>381992008
Fag
>>
Because it came out 7 years ago you fag
>>
>>381992178
Yeah bro watch out for that darkness.
>>
It looks like it's a game you will literally love or hate
>>
>>381989556
>>381989887
>>381991940
>le Stephen King is hack meme
Watch out, we got real /lit/ experts here
>>
>>381992080
did they cut the music and put it back up? last i heard they took it off every storefront so they wouldn't have to edit it.
>>
because the ending was utter dogshite
>>
File: 1293407481529.jpg (300KB, 1024x726px) Image search: [Google]
1293407481529.jpg
300KB, 1024x726px
>King has frequently tried to dip his pen in Lovecraft's ink
>it is almost always a fucking snorefest
>people somehow thought that would be a good idea as a videogame
>>
It's not as bad as American Nightmare, that's for sure.
>>
>>381992437
I'm actually middling on it.

I love the atmosphere and the actual.play itself is fun but it goes on for a fucking eternity and wears out its welcome and they also want you to play scavenger hunt with notes.

3/5
>>
The twilight zone episodes in game are fucking GOAT
>>
It's a solid 7/10. Very entertaining game. But as others pointed out it is a very flawed experience
>>
File: 1435121591367.jpg (35KB, 680x508px) Image search: [Google]
1435121591367.jpg
35KB, 680x508px
>>381989490

Literally Stephen King fanfiction.
>>
>>381992492
So I see you have no argument. Thanks for proving my point, Remedy.
>>
>>381992492
you don't have to be a /lit/fag to know he took a huge nosedive once he stopped being "addicted" to liquor and abusing painkillers.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.