[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witcher 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Copypasting my reply to some negative Witcher 3 criticism:

>tldr bad combat
>2/5 tier and only because of good grafix and music
But the graphics/atmosphere/music/aesthetics ARE the main points of the game, the combat is just an afterthought.
On a game about the story of a given character in a given setting, you cry that you can't customize him. This alone shows you're too dumb to criticize the game.
You have to understand that the Witcher universe is created to serve the Witcher characters, unlike say TES where the universe is created for it's own sake, for the lore, for the different cultures that exist in it etc., and that's why you don't have a romantic story in TES games. You can't compare these 2.

To expand my post a bit:
I know Witcher 3 is far from perfect, I personally found it extremely monotonous after some time. AND: I'd probably make a post similar to OP's if I hadn't played another Witcher game to make me familiar with the universe/characters a bit. I vividly remember I couldn't wait to meet my beloved Triss for the first time in Witcher 3, after learning about her relationship with Geralt in Witcher 2.
>>
Just sharing to see what you think. I'm sharing this because I'm tired of seeing people diss on Witcher 3 because of bad combat and such.
>>
Bunp
>>
44 hours in just met the guy in OPs pic. Loving the game so far.
>>
File: 20161028010706_1.jpg (354KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161028010706_1.jpg
354KB, 1920x1080px
>>381985079
>>381985154

TW3 having bad combat is a complete meme. The sin it commits is not having Souls combat. Souls combat is slow, is all about wind-ups and commitment times and utilising i-frames. Witcher combat on high difficulties is all about speed, rhythm, and the momentum on the actual sword itself. Nothing wrong with either, but the number of people who automatically move TW3 onto alternate movement response just indicates how many of them have had their muscles and their thought patterns very closely attuned to Souls combat and the design decisions that underpin it. In many ways, TW3 combat is similar in overarching design to TW1 combat: finding a rhythm to your hit combos that enables you to strike consistently without getting hit back is the whole core of the combat system. Sadly, if they ever make a Witcher 4, I reckon they'll just capitulate and give it a shitty version of Souls combat with no sense of momentum whatsoever, and hit boxes that focus on area denial rather than conforming to the actual dimensions of the blade.
>>
>>381985908
Haven't played Souls so I can't say but I don't want to make a case for the combat.

>>381985670
Witcher 3 doesn't do him justice sadly. He was the best in 2.
>>
>>381985908
Also protip: you might want to either temporarily disable UI when you don't need it, or just dramatically decrease it's scale. Improves immersion a lot.
>>
>witcher 3
>bad combat

what the fuck? have you play the original? by far the worst combat system ive ever seen.
>>
>>381985908
Comparing DS combat (that is the absolute main focus and what you do in 90% of the game, which was only slightly changed through the series and used the same base) to any other game combat (Witcher 3 in this case, which was reworked everytime and most of it mechanics were scrapped during development) is just retarded.
>>
>>381985079
>>381985908

kys yourselves
>>
>>381986653
>kill yourselves yourselves
>>
What the fuck is this reddit-tier thread? Nobody gives a shit about some opinion you gave some guy.

Did you really need validation so badly from your post that you had to re-post it and make it your own thread when nobody responded to you?
>>
>>381986715
>Did you really need validation so badly from your post that you had to re-post it and make it your own thread when nobody responded to you?
Isn't that like 1/4 of threads in this board?
>>
>>381985079
>the combat is just an afterthought.

nice fucking gameplay in my vidya and no fuck off
>>
>>381986580

Original's combat is fine for its time. Unless somehow youre dogshit at clicking when the sword lights up. Theres nothing inherently wrong with it and everytime i see someone bitch about w1's combat im always reminded the nu-/v/ is casual as fuck and still garbage at vidya.
>>
the biggest problem with the game is follow the red shit and over reliance on bullshit vision. the worst parts is you can" just turn it off" only to discover you still have to briefly use bullshit vision to interact with the object that solves the quest.

the problem with combat isn't difficulty its the style and approach. the first game had simplistic execution but the combat is supposed to be what a witcher does: sword dancing. instead of trying to reformulate that they just said fuck it and went with the dodge roll/counter and whittle away your target.
>>
>>381986715
You completely misunderstood, the point of the thread is this reply to the criticism I see everywhere, including here. I'm just providing some background because I wanted to copypaste.
>>
Playing through 3 right now, I think the combat is mediocre compared the rest of the game which is pretty good but it's so much better than 1. I just wish it was less Arkham like and something more with its own identity. In conclusion 3's combat is serviceable, but I wish it didn't have that feel of "I've played a similar game like this." How do I stop the urge from picking everything up?
>>
>>381985079
>Trissfag

thread disregarded.
>>
>>381985908
this this this
Most of the Witcher 3 hate comes from fromdrones who are salty Bloodborne didn't get goty
>>
>>381988592
>I just wish it was less Arkham like
How exactly is the combat like that of the Arkham games?
>>
File: machikosenseiribbon.gif (554KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
machikosenseiribbon.gif
554KB, 267x200px
>>381985908
then they failed miserably at introducing the combat, explaining its mechanics, and providing anything approaching useful feedback to the player

the animations look more like a ribbondancing competition that swordfighting to boot
>>
>>381989741
auto aim/assit combat, giant dodge windows.
the ennemies have no aggro at all.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.