[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally the jojo of video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: .jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
Name a game that had a worse impact on vidya than Dark Souls. You can't.
>>
minecraft
>>
luckystar moe drill
>>
WoW
>>
File: halo.jpg (75KB, 256x331px) Image search: [Google]
halo.jpg
75KB, 256x331px
>>
>>381982067
Minecraft
Earthbound
COD

I think games improve if they copy souls elements correctly, but most don't
>>
>>381982067
WoW
Minecraft
Counter Strike
>>
>>381982067
TF2
>>
>>381982067
Warcraft 3. It created the cancer that is MOBA.
>>
>>381982705
Came here to post this, and Skyrim.
>>
I don't get it. Are we just posting good and revolutionary games?
>>
>>381982067
Aeon of Strife
>>
>>381982705
You can shut up now.
>>
>>381983093
How
>>
>>381982067
Every single good game released left a bad impact on vydia, because the developers more often than not just copy the bad parts, amplify em by 100 and completely ignore anything that made the games good in first place.

It gives the impression that every good game ever made was a monkey paw wish.
>>
League of Legends
>>
>game is good

>People can't think of ways to mindlessly hate it without sounding like an idiot

>but hey we can blame shitty spinoffs and bad habits of other developers on those good games!
>>
>>381983303
>>381983404
Basically this. Fuck ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>381983349
Le epic gaymer humor that bred shit like Machinima
>>
>>381983164
Explain what's wrong with mobas.
>>
>>381982902
This is the real answer. This, and counter-strike dulled the appeal of FPS's toward slower methodical gameplay that was far easier to pick up than the blisteringly fast quakes and unreals where you'd just get clobbered senselessly until you decided not to get clobbered senselessly.
>>
>>381983487
>Being this young
>>
>>381983487
Nigger machinima is way older than tf2.

Tf2 didn't even become "memey" until many years after it came out, and even then it's minor shit.
>>
>>381983093
TF2 was a symptom of a bigger issue, and that issue was competitive games were hard to get into. This was the true start of removing features to shovel normies into a game and adding useless stuff to appeal to non competitive types to boost numbers.
>>
>>381983404
League of Legends didn't have any impact on the market, though. 3 separate companies were already developing mobas after WC3 DotA garnered international attention. So the real answer here is DotA.
>>
>>381983495
Millions of dollars wasted on skins made by two people in a week, for example. Imagine if all that money was spent on actual video games.
>>
>>381983263
>Dark Souls
>revolutionary

Rune and Severance: Blade of Darkness were Dark Souls before Dark Souls.
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (18KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
18KB, 250x248px
no one posted this yet so I'm just gonna come out and say it
>>
File: 81%2BP6YZOiBL.png (321KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
81%2BP6YZOiBL.png
321KB, 512x512px
Thanks for popularizing the "wannabe e-celeb makes funny faces while screaming into his mic" streamer crowd
>>
>>381982067
Uncharted
Last of Us
wow that was easy
>>
>>381983774
>the game is bad because people buy skins
hmmm
>>
>>381984510
FNAF didn't start that trend though. it's only crime was riding a gravy train that was already in motion.

if not FNAF some other trash """"""""""""""""""""horror"""""""""""""""""""" game would have taken that spot and been just as bad if not worse.
>>
i'm not sure if that's the game that started it all,
but dayz gets my vote
>>
>>381983495
it introduced millions of 3rd worlders in PC gaming.
I don't even have to go into detail. I bet your skin is the color of shit as well.
>>
>>381984098
I kinda pointed that one out. Every good game.
EVERY GOOD GAME will leave a bad influence, because people will dig out everything bad about it and use.
Nintendo tries to implement 3D acrobatic platfomers? yeah nah, they will just copy the collection system and push it to 11.
Zelda OOT? all the shitty minigames are copied, puzzles and shit get ignored.
Halo comes up with a quite amusing idea of playing an RTS on foot, and add some well calibrated healing mechanics to make sure that you're "reseted enough" for each of the scenarios, but they get those mechanics, bastardize it and call it a days. MGS with its combination of long cinematic history and great gameplay? well fuck the gameplay, let's copy the cinematic thing.

It's hell.
>>
>>381983730
DOTA was pretty niche, and nobody except the few payed it much mind, league casualized the whole thing and and made it easy to access for everybody, then forced a meta.

Valve saw that they were making crazy bank off it, so they rushed the fuck out of making DOTA 2

HON was in the same league as league, but it didn't appeal to as many, so it didn't make it.

Now everybody wants to copy the LoL formula and try to cash in, but the expiry date on new mobas have passed, but try telling that to any dev's, they're too focused on getting paid for someone elses work.
>>
>>381984935
>the game is bad because brown people play it
HMMMM
>>
>>381984735
FNAF didn't start it, but it was the biggest offender, an encapsulates the entire movement
>>
File: GTA3boxcover.jpg (78KB, 280x362px) Image search: [Google]
GTA3boxcover.jpg
78KB, 280x362px
>>381982902

Came here to post this.

Also: GTA 3 for the whole 3D sandbox thing.
>>
I bet you're a gigantic faggot that only considers the Jojo anime adaptations and not the manga.
>>
>>381984098
i don't really see what this game did to ruin anything. FF7 was just another final fantasy. there were 6 other ones before it, and many others after it, and 7 didn't fundamentally change anything.
>>
>>381982067
What impact? a few similar games like Lords of the Fallen, Salt and Sanctuary and Nioh came out?
yeah that's comparable to other games like CoD4 ushering in a glut of modern shooters, good job OP.
>>
>>381985301
to piggyback off this i would say that either 6 or KH had a bigger impact than 7 in that they both changed the fundamental combat of Squeenix games.
>>
>>381985141
>focused on teamwork and communication
>somehow good that smelly dumb brown "people" are on your team
lmao
>>
>>381985097
i don't really see how a game having international tournaments is considered "niche" - i don't really think it's fair to suggest that. DotA went worldwide even despite WC3 having tapered off somewhat by the time DotA Allstars was in full swing. for awhile, DotA was the only thing even remotely containing players on WC3 Bnet, and then Garena exploded due to international appeal and people who wanted to pirate (ie russians and asians).

LoL surely rode the coattails of DotA's success and ended up supplanting it, but DotA was the originator of League (and the market in general), so it would be the game that ruined the market in this context.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.