[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 3 is WAY too hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 146.jpg (42KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
146.jpg
42KB, 579x329px
The fucking first boss in this game that you get to in 10 minutes is this shitter with 15 attacks that are all deliberately designed to look like eachother that can't be blocked because they eliminate all your stamina and take a half of your healthbar if you get hit, can close any and every distance and has no concept of a weakspot because he spins on a dime and just kicks you if you're anywhere in a 10 yard radius of behind him

AND THEN he becomes this fucking Spiderman 3 monstrosity that's impossible to keep track of and just flails around knocking you on your ass 4 times a second

I threw my controller and I haven't done that since I was like 12

Do I even want to bother with the rest of this game? I payed $30 for it so hopefully I can get something out of it

What fucking masochists enjoys these games?
>>
>>381972420
If you're on PC we can play together; I'm on the mood for trying a pyromancy build and we can summon each other.
>>
>>381972420
Roll, you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>381972601
PS4, thanks though
>>
That shit is casual Demon's Souls made you start over the whole level
>>
I only died once against that guy. The flailing sucks but you can still get in around it. Of course you'll get to the first area and find out that those slimy bastards are hidden in regular mobs too
>>
>>381972663
Ah, what a shame.

That said, that dude is the easiest boss in the game. If you aren't enjoying the game you can resell it. Life is too short to be wasted doing things we don't like.
>>
>>381972839
I dunno maybe I'll like it eventually but so far it's one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had in videogames

Should I start with the first one?
>>
>>381972420
use easy mode, use the knight class
>>
>>381972652
Pretty much this. Blocking anything from Gundyr or any major boss is usually a recipe for disaster. Other than that, learn his attack patterns so you can dodge accordingly and manage your stamina, though that's probably easier said than done when he shapeshifts. Firebombs help a bit during that phase if you have them, or anything fire related.
>>
It's a crash course, sorry bud you came late to the party
>>
>>381972420
>impossible to keep track of

the fight is one of the most brilliantly designed if not the best designed in the entire series. It's brutal, taking me several tries even as a seasoned player, but here's the catch. his attacks are extremely telegraphed and once you learn his patterns you can easily almost never get hit and wail on him with jumping strong attacks and shit when he leaves you HUGE windows after some of his moves.

The fight is designed awesomely to show you how the game works, how you're supposed to get better. How you're supposed to learn. It's one of my favorite fights of the series
>>
>>381972420
>10 minutes

WOW

>He's talking about Iudex

WOW

OP SERIOUSLY KILL YOURSELF

If you're reading this and you waste hours of your life playing "videogames" but you're not even good at them, just finish it. End it all right now.
>>
>>381972420

ignore the fucking symbiote shit that comes out of him. focus on his body and attack from there. if you run too far he will cockslap you from like 15 yards away, so just keep close and recycle the same strategy. it took me 10 tries to figure that dumb shit out.
>>
>>381973338
Bad day at school?
>>
File: 1426455877685.gif (200KB, 559x360px) Image search: [Google]
1426455877685.gif
200KB, 559x360px
>>381972964
I've only played four Souls games (Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2 scholar version, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne), and Dark Souls 3 was one of the easiest ones.
Dark Souls 1 is (in my opinion) way harder given how the levels aren't as straighforward and the combat mechanics aren't as polished, even when certain equipment and builds (magic, heavy armors) are very powerful compared to the ones in the later games.
So no, if you found Iudex Gundyr unpleasant, the rest of the game (and the rest of the series) is going to give you an aneurysm. My advice is, trade Dark Souls 3 for something else.
Just, don't. Don't force yourself, doesn't matter how much the rest of the internet hype something, or how much idiots like >>381973338 try to bully you with the whole "lol you aren't hardcore".
I've wasted a lot of time with games that are supposed to be "masterpieces" only to find I wasted my time. Don't make the same mistake.
>>
>>381973530
One starts a little friendlier for beginners I'd argue but yeah 3 is easy for everyone who played through 1 and sotfs.
>>
>>381972420
wait until you have to face me on the spear of the church boss fight that is the true final boss of the game. I will make your day a living hell even if you summon 4 others to help you.
>>
>>381973530
>I've only played four Souls games (Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2 scholar version, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne)

so you've "only" played almost all of them?
>>
>>381974893
/v/ can and will have some contrived reason for you being an un-seasoned pedestrian because you haven't played Demon's Souls. The worst one that everybody forgot about because it was just a crappier version of Dark Souls.
>>
>>381973009
This.
Knight is easy mode, great stats and best starting equipment.
You probably will not switch armor till the late game.
>>
>>381975254
Better than 2
>>
>>381975254
It's the original game that started it all of course the sequels expanded on it
>>
>>381975254
Demons souls was the greatest of then all you filthy plebian. The rest are just uninspired rehashes of it
>>
>>381972420

Nigga how the fuck you die to the tutorial boss
>>
File: Reaper.png (186KB, 426x493px) Image search: [Google]
Reaper.png
186KB, 426x493px
>>381975969
Yeah the best Souls game right here lads

Check out this cool, interesting and polished enemy design

It's not like a crappy, low-budget D-movie budget video game that people barely cared about because nobody expected it to become popular
>>
>>381976338
There's nothing wrong with that design. You sound like a casual shit eater that eats up AAA garbage
>>
>>381976637
No I'm just saying it's a worse version of Dark Souls in basically every regard

I'd say that /v/ isn't just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian if they could formulate any kind of rebuttal

These are the same people that say "Morrowind is better than Skyrim"
>>
>>381976338
We were the ones who made it popular masterbating to it on /v/ every night so shits like you can have your precious DS3
>>
>>381977062
>masterbating
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.