[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Going to start my first Oblivion playthrough soon, I've played both Morrowind and Skyrim and loved them but never got around to playing this one. I know that there are some things that people thought Bethesda did poorly so I'm looking to install mods to fix them before I even touch the game. Please post recommendations for essential mods that I should use to fix things you thought were wrong with the game, ie the dungeons and the loot system, etc. Thanks guys
>>
Get futa loli mods.
>>
>>381970289
OOO
>>
>>381970289
Xp system is great if you don't want to plan out how to level from 1 to 50
>>
>>381970289
>Darnified UI
To fix the terrible UI.

Other than that I would only add Auto Update Leveled Items and

>>381971348
>>
You're gonna want to fix the leveling, Oblivion has possibly the worst level scaling ever in a game.
>>
the only things in oblivion that are absolute abominations are the leveling systems and the loot systems. You will probably need oblivion xp or the new variant floating around, and probably some overhaul like OOO or something.
>>
File: 1423515507342.png (132KB, 547x283px) Image search: [Google]
1423515507342.png
132KB, 547x283px
>>381970289
http://demwaifus.blogspot.com/search/label/Oblivion
>>
>>381970289
you'll obviously want the unofficial patches for the base game, the expansion, and the dlc's

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/5296/
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/10739/
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/9969/
>>
>>381970289
I had it on console so I played vanilla oblivion. Had fun with it, but it aged a bit rough (not bad).
>>
>>381970289
Graphics and models are shit
Should get something for that
>>
>>381970289
the unofficial patches to fix bugs and glitches in vanilla and dlcs are the most essential, the levelling and scaling can be almost entirely dealt with via your choice of major skills and general gameplay, but if you want the least hassle then by all means get a levelling regulator to adjust it.

you can also choose to just break the game from the start with the duplication glitch to get infinite daedroth scrolls or the 100% chameleon armor via portal stones+duplication
>>
Would you be interested in a complete modlist that makes your game look 2017-y but requires a slight a mod of work?
>>
Casting magic that targets interactive doors counts the same as if it were an enemy.
>>
File: up004744.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
up004744.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
>>381976239
>look 2017-y
This just means blurry. Don't fall for the ENB memes OP.
>>
>>381976239
Yeah if you have a modlist ready I'd definitely appreciate it
>>
>>381970289
Sleep on the boat inn in the Imperial City Waterfront. After that, kill someone in cold blood, sleep, kill the DB target, sleep, and then never sleep again.
>>
>>381977923
>never sleep
Why
>>
>>381978669
Leveling up will only make the game worse. Before long you'll be breaking multiple weapons on single enemies if you haven't been power gaming hard enough.
>>
>>381970289
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and the leveling mod of your choice fix 90% of the problems with this game.
>>
>>381978782
oh come on it's absolutely not that bad unless you somehow put your major skills as shit like athletics, acrobatics and some constantly-used skill. i know because the first time i played it i went in fully blind and did just fine. sure, xyvilai and the likes were a fucking pain to kill and would kick my ass, but it was nothing i couldn't deal with if i used my full arsenal. by the second-thirn run when i figured how to slow levelling with custom classes and played more consciously it was fine all-around.
>>
>>381979625
I recently picked up the game again and was foolish enough to build around stealth. When I tried to clear the haunted house in Anvil I ran out of weapons before the house ran out of ghosts. I remember it being fine the first time I played it a couple years back though, so maybe I just did an atrocious job of building my character.
>>
>>381979978
i don't blame you, the levelling and scaling is basically a trap for anyone used to regular RPG levelling since you automatically assume your main skills should be stuff you'll be using all the time since levelling is good. except the game doesn't warn you that progression isn't tied to levels and being level 50 at the start will still get you iron/leather shit while bandits are walking around in daedric armor.

if it had been explained maybe it would be easier for new players to grasp what the better way to go around it is, instead of having to get a feel for it on their first run.
>>
>>381978825
Listen to this anon, because he is right.

That was the only mod I installed. It was enough for everything
>>
You don't even need to install the extra fan created shit that comes with it; Just the base enhancements and the total removal of level scaling. Then simply git gud
>>
Honestly though I couldn't imagine myself recommending oblivion mods to newcomers; To install several large overhauls without destabilizing the game with CTDs means to do a shit load of research and track down a bunch of tools to sort and merge everything properly. I actually install new copies of it for myself from a backup I keep on a drive, that took me three full days to mod the shit out of properly, but on the upswing it doesn't suffer from CTDs and lag. It closes properly and it saves my settings.
>>
>>381971935
>the only things in oblivion that are absolute abominations are the leveling systems and the loot systems
The persuasion minigame
>>
>>381974365
>69 step guide to installing oblivion.
>Step 0 is Install oblivion.

Why did it end so wrong?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.