[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Star Fox 2 a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1498494866037.jpg (128KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498494866037.jpg
128KB, 800x400px
Is Star Fox 2 a good game?
>>
>>381955523
Depends on what they added but it's certainly fun playing the patched version of the leak on hard.
>>
>>381955523
Who cares, if Star Fox isn't on the machine it ain't worth it. Last I checked SF Yoshi's Island didn't emulate well because if their SFX chips. At least not very well on mobiles/chromecast.
>>
Honestly? Not particularly. As much as naysayers try to deny it, Star Fox 2 has a LOT in common in terms of gameplay with Command (especially how you strategize around Lylat and have to wipe out all enemies in all-range mod). Not surprising, because the two games were literally made by several of the same key people.
>>
File: tumblr_oac4p7D1GP1upgtuvo1_500.jpg (53KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oac4p7D1GP1upgtuvo1_500.jpg
53KB, 500x376px
We don't know.

Apparently the final build is very different from the leaked roms we've seen.
>>
have doubts it's a rumored complete version or even if it's a new localization and not the aeongenesis translation + debug removal hack
>>
>>381959573
What else would it be?
>>
>>381955523
it's enjoyable albeit short. playing on easy is very easy, but on other difficulties it can be a lot of fun. If what Dylan said about the complete version is true then there will be a lot more added complexity to flesh out the game. I wouldn't expect some kinda of in depth experience but it's not the worst way you can waste an hour or so.
>>
I have a question: will it run at 15fps as the original SNES ones? Because it would be very cool if they could made those games run, at least, at 30fps.
>>
>>381961496
overclocking the games is possible but since the games were designed around running at a certain framerate it kinda ruins the gameplay.

I doubt Nintendo would put that much effort into making them run faster anyway. But, despite all that, Star Fox 2 does run faster than the original due to it having the SuperFX2 chip.
>>
File: 1htzoybt216z.jpg (29KB, 700x720px) Image search: [Google]
1htzoybt216z.jpg
29KB, 700x720px
where are you guys seeing it's different from the build we already have?
>>
not as good as 64 but then what is

Sin and Punishment series is the only other rail shooter with this specific style that can match it pretty much
>>
>>381961752
We don't know which version is going to be included, but it would be completely retarded if Nintendo decided to release the prototype that's been floating around the internet for the last 15 years.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/dylan_cuthbert_talks_about_star_fox_the_old_sequel_rom_and_working_at_nintendo

>It was very disappointing of course, I had spent two years making the game and put so many ideas into it. I could understand the marketing/publisher logic behind the decision but it was still disappointing.
>I can't really comment on that [feelings about the ROM], and it's illegal to do reproduction cartridges. The videos I've seen of that build show it to be an old build and not the final one as there are some major gameplay elements missing such as the rogue-style encounter system and more variations of the various arenas and setups.
>I doubt Starfox 2 will ever get a proper release because it would require re-negotiating contracts with Argonaut, which of course doesn't really exist now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.