[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best Mount and Blade faction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: WLpnZRG.jpg (1MB, 3323x2525px) Image search: [Google]
WLpnZRG.jpg
1MB, 3323x2525px
what's the best Mount and Blade faction?
>>
>>381954916
Objectively? Rhodoks. Crossbows are OP as shit.
>>
>>381954916
rhodoks suck cocks
>>
>>381954916
Swadian, if don't get 3 way fucked by Rhodoks, Khergit, and the nords that i forgot there names of.
>>
>>381954916
Nords or Sarranids
>>
>Nords
Wanna-be viking and nordboo

>Vaegirs
When the wanna-be viking don't want to show that they are a nordboo

>Swadia
Redditors and memesters

>Rhodok
The patrician choice

>Khergit
The faction you pick just to do cavalry blobs and play like a fucking retard

>Sarranids
The faction no one picks
>>
for me it's the Swadians, Nords and Sarranids
Khergits and Rhodoks suck ass and Vaegirs are literal who's
>>
File: 1497302962602.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1497302962602.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>>381955247
>rhodoks
>patrician choice
>>
I used to 100% go Swadia but tried a Rhodok game and liked it. But I still need a few Swadian knights.
>>
>>381954916
sure as hell NOT swadia
>>
>>381956285
but why? Their knights are literal the best in the game.
>>
>>381956401
Huscarls are better, one Huscarl is worth like five knights for half the price.

Cav is a meme since if you're fighting out in the field you're playing the game wrong.
>>
>not using a core block of 60-80 Rhodoks Sharpshooters, 20 Sergeants, and companion cavalry

Do you even economy brah?
>taking castles
>defending castles
>winning flawlessly any field battle with the slightest incline in the terrain
>pumping out bolts for days
>Sharpshooters can still Fuck you up when they finally run out of bolts
Rhodok Sharpshooters best fucking troops
>>
File: 1403639235498.gif (3MB, 588x339px) Image search: [Google]
1403639235498.gif
3MB, 588x339px
>>381954958
This, station a castle with rhodoks and you never lose a castle
Swadia is the best way to go
>surrounded on all sides
>badass king
>feasts all day erry day
>>
How do I git gud?
>>
Vaegirs, just get enough dudes so that your arrows blot out the sun
>>
An army comprised of Rhodok sharpshooters, Nord huscarls, Sarranid knights, and an angry rabble of mercenaries and freed prisoners of war is the only way to go.
>>
File: 1361390005168.png (39KB, 470x1501px) Image search: [Google]
1361390005168.png
39KB, 470x1501px
>>381957749
>level up
>get companions
>level them to be specific party skill experts
>deshavi is tracker, ymira engineer etc etc
>build economic enterprises in every city
>buy OP armor when you get the money
>become a god
>>
>>381957749
Just get a cavalry blob, Khergit Lancers are the easiest to train up
>>
>>381957749
spam the arena and tournaments, install dickplomacy
>>
>>381957946
Vaegir (or any archer) are shit because of how armour works in-game, they barely tickle higher tier infantry and cavalry. Crossbows are so much better, even with their slow fire rate. Every time I've used archers they've run out of arrows and don't do much damage to show for it, then get cut to pieces since they are poorly equipped for melee compared to their Swadian and Rhodok counterparts.
>>
Swadia is for cucks Rhodok #1
>>
>>381955247
No one picks Sarranids largely because the desert bandits utterly buttfuck anyone that doesn't have an established army yet
>>
File: 1481691169313.png (68KB, 143x228px) Image search: [Google]
1481691169313.png
68KB, 143x228px
All of them at the same time, with the companions turned into a unique cavalry strike force.

If you're not in the middle of a clusterfuck melee fight while also micromanaging 12 different unit groups like it's brood war, you're playing it wrong.
>>
>>381958412
>>381958531
>>381958552
Problem is my dude always gets knocked out in battle, or even tourneys. He's level 11 atm and can barely take 3 hits despite having an okay armor. Do I just suck at combat or is level 11 still too much of a scrub to compete?
>>
>>381959658
No you're one of the few people playing it right. 95% of people play mount & blade with dynasty warriors damages turned on. Then brag about how they beat a really big army with supposedly """"""overwhelming odds"""""""
>>
Anyone that says anything other than Rhodoks is outright wrong. The sharpshooters are just on another level compared to any other ranged unit and the sergeants are probably the best defensive melee units in the game.
>>
>>381955247
>Rhodok
>The patrician choice
>literally have units in Floris named "Pleb"
>>
>>381959032
I did once it was hell
>going in horse circles because I picked horse archery because muh mongols
Howd the mongols even do it I dont even know
>>
>>381954916
>native
>>
>>381959658
listen to this man never read guides
>>381959821
>>
File: 1495010361391.jpg (15KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495010361391.jpg
15KB, 250x200px
>Strength tier list
Swadia>Sarranid>Nord>Steppe>Vaegir>Rhodok

>Taste tier list
Vaegir>Sarranid>Swadia>Nord>Steppe>Rhodok

If you're not a Vaegir you're just a faggot.
>>
>>381960116
Because unlike the khergits, Mongols kicked fucking ass at seiging. Also every single mongol was basically a navy seal, who could survive alone in the wilderness for months just off of horse milk and whatever they could forage.

Literally everything about daily mongol life was like training for war down the line.
>>
>>381960365
>Sarranid
Why
>>
>>381960993

Swadian Knights are the strongest unit in the game. The Sarranid mamluks are just slightly weaker than them.
>>
>>381960116
>Howd the mongols even do it I dont even know

Through the power of strategic retreating, which the game doesn't let you do. They would literally just drop into the field of battle. Kill a bunch of infantry, and pick off any armored cavalry following them as they rode away. Then they'd circle back once the armored cavalry broke off and repeat, do this all day, every day, take a few hunting breaks, until their army is broken. Set up faaaarrrrr ranging camps, and just occupy entire regions of prairies for their camps so you could never really find all of them.

They also had no concept of home like the people they were fighting, no reason to get homesick, you're at home wherever you are. The entire army could just disintegrate over a winter, just pick a spot to hang out and hunt game for a few months, then muster out of nowhere in the spring.
>>
>>381961083
Thanks. I never got that hard into warband but appreciate how much fun the game was
>>
>>381954916
RHODOK PRIDE

SWADIANS SUCK MY PIKE
SARRANIDS EAT MY BOLTS
>>
You guys realize that good players don't use OP units, right?
>>
>>381954916
If you're making a mono-ethnic army with no mercs, Vaegirs, since they have the best mixed units.

If you have get some sword sisters or merc cavalry, Rhodoks, because the Sergeants and Sharpshooters are unstoppable as long as you can put them on a hill and have some cavalry to ride around with you and fuck with their infantry.
>>
>>381961262
doesn't really matter what you use in native it's retardedly easy to win due to the lack of any formation AI or faction balance
>>
>>381960094
>using Floris
your the real pleb
>>
File: 555.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>381961083
>Swadian Knights are the strongest unit in the game
>>
>>381954916
My faction
>take over Sarranids
>form the sultanate of swing
>>
>Run circles around enemy army on horseback, shooting them with arrows
>They chase me while my crossbows shoot them in the back

The AI is so easy to exploit.
>>
>>381961753
They are, on the field.
>>
>>381962461
Not an exploit, see
>>381961084
>>
>>381960116
They're the best on the open field, you just have to micromanage the ever loving shit out of them to make it work.
>>
>>381954916
I dont know which one is the best but my favorite is the vaegir
>>
>>381954916
rhodocks in general.

taking and holding castles is the most important part of this game, and only rhodock are amazing at both.

nords have the best infantry but their archers are ass whereas rhodock crossbows are god tier.
>>
Best faction for what?

Best melee unit: Nord Huscarl
Best Ranged unit: Rhodok sharpshooter
Best Mounted unit: Swadian Knight

Anyone arguing with that, clearly dosen't have an understanding of the game. (and yes, some units are only "slightly" not on the level as those units, like sarranid mamelukes)

Worst faction for everything but turning battlefields into a shitshow of a mess: Khergit khanate
Worst faction for starting position: Swadia
Best faction to attack and defend from: Rhodoks
OP faction because their top tier troops are both so good: Rhodoks (yes, even with missing mounted units)

What else would you like to know?
>>
Rhodoks are the true man's choice.
>>
>>381959032
Really? I found them easy to avoid or defeat soon after.
>>
>>381954916
The Rhodoks' starting position is bullshit.
>>
>>381965864
>tfw picked Swadia as first country
should I restart? I'm in day 62 aldready, also, how do I make it so that I was born in that kingdom, instead of coming to Calradia as a traveler
>>
bump again
>>
>>381954958
That's a funny way to spell Sarranid.
>>
>>381961753
They are. 1v1 a swadian knight with any other unit and see what happens
>>
Question: After forming my own kingdom, when I give out land to people everyone ends up hating my guts and leaving. How do I avoid this?
>>
>>381954916

Khergit are great fun as a horse archer then you try to take a castle with them....
>>
>>381969891
Don't give land to people.
>>
Swadia is best and is the true inheritor of the old empire
>>
Has anyone actually put a claimant on a throne? It seems like the long way around, especially when you could just king yourself.
>>
>>381970343
>not putting all the claimants on all the thrones and then making yourself king
>>
RHODOKS WILL TURN YOU INTO A PINCUSHION
>>
>Shoot at guys feet
>hits his shield
>shoot at his head
>hits his shield
>shoot the guy next to him
>goes into the first guys shield

Nice hit boxes
>>
>>381970343
You can, but I advise not to.
>help Nords conquer Vaegir territory
>Ragnar is a retard and gifts lands to either himself, or ex Vaegir lords who then defect back to the Vaegir faction, restarting the war
>decide to help his pretender brother, who believes a mix unit army is a better army
>considering Ragnar keeps hiring Vaegirs, I can't see why they don't get along in the first place
>slowly but surely help the Nord rebels become dominant
>only Ragnar left, who owns Tihr after the last owner defected to me and then Ragnar besieged it
>peace is made and the rebels become the Nords; Lethwin, Ragnar's brother, is now king
>Ragnar has bugged out and made his own faction called Commoners aka the non affiliated faction you fight in the Arena
>Nord forces break truce and invade Tihr
>Ragnar surrenders and Lethwin invites him into the faction
>now it's time for the land distribution
>most of the old Nord loyalists get their lands back, a few trustworthy Vaegirs get some minor fiefs
>fucking Ragnar is gifted Curaw, Khudan and a few minor fiefs
>ends up defecting to the Sarranids (who own most of the Khergit lands) and restarts the war
I made my own faction after this. Fucking pretenders and fuck the Nords.
>>
>>381965864
this anon knows what's up.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.