[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GBA or the original?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

GBA or the original?
>>
original
>>
Original
>>
Original, unless you like having part of the screen cut off and listening to "YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH" constantly
>>
GBA with the voice removal patch
>>
>>381954269
I'm trying to remember all the changes. GBA neutered the only difficult dungeon puzzle in the game because babbies complained it was too hard. But I know it also added a trading sequence and a new dungeon (that you have to beat Four Swords to unlock)
>>
The better question is if there's any GBA port of a SNES game that is actually better than the original. No patches.
>>
>>381953842
Always original.
>>
>>381954470
No because of two things: the voice meme that plagued every one of those remakes, and the shitty dark screen that led to developers making all the colors bright and saturated to compensate.
>>
>>381953842
The GBA's new dungeon is fun as fuck but getting to it is a bitch because it requires multiplayer functions to unlock or glitching into it. Or maybe there's a cheat code but I ended up having to glitch into it to do.
>>
>>381954379
It added a trading sequence?
>>
Original because of the sound that the mirror item makes
>>
>>381953842
Links Awakening.
>>
SNES
>>
>>381956005
Looking back I guess it isn't technically a trading sequence but it's similar. A character will give you riddles and you have to bring him certain items. If you bring him everything you unlock a super spin attack like in Wind Waker and Minish Cap
>>
>>381954470
Does Super Circuit having all of SMK's tracks count?
>>
>>381956526
Holy shit! Where was this?
>>
>>381956526
Are you sure? I remember this in Phantom Hourglass, but in the port of ALttP?
>>
>>381958338
>>381958442
Yup, but apparently you have to do something in Four Swords to unlock it. Maybe that's why you don't remember it?
https://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past/Riddle_Quest
>>
File: Zelda_ALttP_carvings[1].png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_ALttP_carvings[1].png
5KB, 240x160px
>>381959541
In addition to the new spin attack you also get these wooden statues in your house
>>
>>381953842
DX
>>
>>381954379
What dungeon puzzle?
>>
>>381959541
>>381959720
Wow, thank you for letting me know. I never had a GBA, only a SNES, so I'm glad to hear they added something. The wiki indicates that you could turn the Zelda statue into an "older version of herself"; do you know what they might mean by that?
>>
>>381954470
It's definitely the definitive version of Mario 2.
>>
I wonder if anybody else knows how to make the boomerang dig holes in the gba port.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
cute
>>
>>381953842
Always play the original
>>
>>381954470
I'm playing FF6 port right now and it's good as fuck.
>>
>>381953842
I like the GBA version because of the extra story and fixed translation.
>>
>>381960724
I don't remember exactly, but from what this page describes in the last section >>381959541 it seems if you sprinkle the statues with magic powder, they turn colored. Then if you do it again, they turn into different sprites. Zelda becomes an old lady sprite (most likely just the old lady from Kakariko Village), Link turns into his bunny form, and the cuccoo turns into some bird enemy from the Dark World
>>
>>381962956
>>381960724
Actually here you go, I just found this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ga6ZfLoScQ
>>
>>381960898
>definitive version
>I'll reMEEEEEmber this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj0ubNAkkco
>>
>>381963073
Whoa thank you!
>>
Gba had more content and looked better imo
>>
>>381963704
How can you be so joyless to not enjoy the cheese? It works on so many levels, especially with the game being called "Super Mario USA" in Japan.

This is the one game that dramatically improved in the gameplay, where the voices weren't annoying AND the overall presentation was top notch.
>>
>>381966278
Eh, if I'm being honest it's probably just because I grew up playing the original and I'm so used to it. The voices just felt "wrong" to me.

But on the flip side, the cheesy voices in other games, Mario 64 for example, never bothered me
>>
[Dobson comic here]
>>
>>381967231
It's especially fitting in this game because

A. It's a dream world

B. It's a "US exclusive" so having the character speak clear English is genius

C. The acting is right out of an 80's cartoon

It just fits too well, I'm legit mad they didn't continue using those characters with those voices in spin offs and sequels.
>>
File: 1414201972940.png (131KB, 318x452px) Image search: [Google]
1414201972940.png
131KB, 318x452px
>>381954470
Super Mario Bros 3 Japanese version with all the e-Reader cards.
>>
The link HIYA voices are really annoying. There isn't much reason to leave the original SNES game, since it sounds better (better hardware) and you have more screen real-estate.

Unless you have some link cables and other friends with GBAs and LttP cartridges, you can kiss those Four Swords extras goodbye, because you can't unlock them any other way.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.