/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it like having pc games for the first time? Did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (63KB, 954x1134px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 954x1134px
What was it like having pc games for the first time? Did you play them on toasters or high end PCs I only remember growing up on flash games
>>
Playing that backyard baseball game in the 3rd game. And even way before that the Rugrats movie game and some alpha team Lego game.
>>
My first pc game was Zeliard when I was 5. I never got much past the first boss, but even at that age I could tell it was a far more deeper and amazing game than anything on a console. I also had an NES and regularly played that Grover Math Adventure game and duck hunt.
>>
>>381952036
First real pc game I played was Halo 1 on a toaster back in 2007. Also thank you posting based Anton.
>>
>>381952036
My first computer was just good enough to run Diablo 1, and that was good enough for me.
>>
>>381952231
Actually I take that back, I think it was Stronghold.
>>
The graphics were superior to consoles. Just regular pcs things like Doom, Marathon and Diablo.
I actually played games on pc far older than that when all pc games were like primitive black and white shit.
>>
>>381952036
why do people hate this film
>>
>Played on my grandpa's Gateway with Windows 95/98 (back when Gateway wasn't garbage in the late 90s/early 2000s. He upgraded it to 98 later)
>Played stuff like Lego Island or the Magic School Bus exploration games.
>Played like 10-15 FPS on average for 3D stuff, but still played the hell out of it.
>Eventually got a Dell with Windows ME, upgraded it to XP down the line.
>Tried to play FFXI on lowest settings, would literally run like 5-10 FPS if I was lucky.
>Tried to play WoW later on my own personal Presario and got similar results to FFXI(This was back before PCI Express was standard and a lot of cheap PCs had no slots for a decent card)
>This combined with WoW, Doom 3, and HL2 got me interested in building PCs.
>Made my first gaming PC in 2005, and have kept going since.

Its weird looking back and playing stuff on potatoes. I could not imagine myself putting up with it now.
>>
>>381952036
I'm a youngfag who grew up with an absolute potato of a PC and didn't even have internet half the time. The thing could barely run Portal on the all the lowest possible settings at a single digit framerate. Getting a PS3 in my teens was fucking mindblowing, and a PS4 and mildly competent PC even more so.
>>
>>381952657
Literally no one does.
>>
>>381954176
oh thank god
>>
I remember playing a shitload of mmos with my first toaster. i miss ragnarok and lineage 2.
>>
>>381952036
i played them on a decent mid-tier pc. first game i installed on my first pc was red alert 2.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.