[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tf2 balance changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.png (44KB, 576x423px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44KB, 576x423px
thoughts?
>>
haven't played tf2 in years and shit like this certainly ensures this

looks like they nerfed a ton of shit in the sake of "balancing risk/reward". That's what made the weapons fucking interesting to use. They provided a quirky effect at the cost of something like stats, it made you think do I really need this? For those that mastered many it allowed all sorts of new gameplay, now it just sounds like a cuck
>>
File: thinking man.jpg (111KB, 1071x1400px) Image search: [Google]
thinking man.jpg
111KB, 1071x1400px
>>381946069
>weapons being overpowered is what made them interesting to use
>>
File: valve playtesters.jpg (262KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
valve playtesters.jpg
262KB, 1280x1024px
>>381944040
>and playtesting
>>
>>381947342
Makes you wonder why Overwatch is such a boring dull piece of shit, huh.
Because they have the same approach to balancing.
>>
File: thinking pixel.png (4KB, 502x357px) Image search: [Google]
thinking pixel.png
4KB, 502x357px
>>381947841
>blizzard's balancing is why overwatch is a dull piece of shit
>not the tank meta, ultimates, low skill ceiling, and lack of advanced mobility. none of those things matter
>>
>>381947765
you know that playtester had to be a woman.
>>
>>381948239
A lot of those things are caused by balancing and how the game is handled

>tank meta
Literally caused by the nerfing of DPS characters and any characters that require skill
>Ultimates
Yeah that's bad
>Low skill ceiling
Any hero that has high skill ceiling is nerfed to the ground or is buffed so he can be more "useful"
>lack of advanced mobility
Genji used to have, until they decided no cool deep mechanics which were not intentional should exist
>>
File: thinking.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>381948454
>Literally caused by the nerfing of DPS characters and any characters that require skill
good thing valve is doing the opposite by nerfing low skill unlocks and defense oriented classes or do you think scout and sniper are garbage without crit a cola and darwins danger shield
>>
>>381948763
I wouldn't really call Crit-a-Cola and Atomizer "low skill." Low skill floor, definitely, as it means a bad Scout could do significantly better with them at their fingertips, but the extra damage taken also means they'll eat shit sooner due to poor use of mobility. But then there's the flipside where -- because good scouts are terrifying to deal with -- Crit-a-Cola and Atomizer simply made an already-strong class even stronger for pretty much no tradeoff.
I'm only half-disagreeing with you, but overall I'm just sitting back and watching as the shitty players cry about actually-reasonable nerfs being applied to their precious crutches.
>>
File: hey.png (339KB, 584x473px) Image search: [Google]
hey.png
339KB, 584x473px
Is the update tomorrow?
>>
>>381949674
>but the extra damage taken also means they'll eat shit sooner due to poor use of mobility
The extra damage doesn't change the TTK on average. It still takes 2 rockets, 2 grenades, or 2 scattergun shots. Also they move at nearly BFB speed so it's difficult to hit them. Crit a cola has no real downside other than pistol opportunity cost.
>>
They should add more damage falloff to the Ambassador instead of decreasing its accuracy.

I also hope they don't change the Panic Attack, I'm going to miss it if they do.

However, I'd really like to see the Sandman get nerfed into oblivion.
>>
>>381951101
Damage falloff wouldn't change the fact that crits ignore damage falloff.
Better approach would be to just have a hard cutoff where it ceases to deal critical hits and instead deals minicrits. People have tested how this spread winds up changing the Ambassador, it's going to be nearly unnoticeable unless you're at 1000+ hammer units away.
>>
>>381951101
>I also hope they don't change the Panic Attack, I'm going to miss it if they do.
It's awful as a secondary though, the panic attack changes sound interesting with a greater chance to hit at the cost of wider spread
>>
>play spy and roadhog
>updates come out destroying spy and roadhog
fml
>>
>>381952642
>Plays characters that are build around one-hit-kill
>cries
really makes you think
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.