[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSP Go - worth a shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 617tau5igdl-_sl1000_.jpg (71KB, 555x328px) Image search: [Google]
617tau5igdl-_sl1000_.jpg
71KB, 555x328px
Anyone have any experience with this thing? I found one at a local pawn shop for 45 burger bucks and am considering picking it up. Worth the price or should I stay clear?

I used to have a hacked 3000 model and I loved it until my gf at the time bricked it by being a retard and as I intend to hack the Go as well I'm not too fussed about it missing the UMD drive. I'm mostly curious about how comfortable it is with that control layout and if there is anything weird I should know about the screen or speakers. I know there was one version of the PSP that had mono for fucks sake..
>>
Bump for advice. I know at least one of you must have owned one.
>>
>>381942072
$45 seems a little steep but there are a lot of enjoyable psp games so I guess you really just need to ask yourself "how many games will I play on this thing?"
>>
>>381942072
Also, if you're going to hack it umd doesn't even matter anyway
>>
>>381942598
I have had every version of the psp and imo the go is probably the best version.
-its small enough to be very portable while still being ergonomic to play most games (monster hunter may be difficult though)
-way longer battery life than a normal psp
-the internal storage can hold a good chunk of games (16gb iirc)
-screen looks very nice and the smaller size is hardly an issue
-sickass sliding mechanism

I still take my psp go with me when i travel way more than i do with my vita
if you need more storage than 16gb tracking down a memory stick micro may be a bit hard but i doubt they are expensive nowadays
>>
>>381942828
It's a pawnshop so I could try to talk him down. What do you think would be fair? I've seen 1000-3000 going for like 60-70 around here when I do see them in shops so to me $45 sounded decent, but if that sounds high to you let me know what you'd think I should counteroffer at.
>>
>>381943073
Thanks bro, appreciate the info. I think I might still have my SD card from my dear departed 3000 laying around somewhere and with any luck it will still have all my isos on it.

So really you think the ergonomics on it are better? That's the main thing I was worried about.
>>
>>381943343
I found the ergonomics to work quite well for me. like i said, games like monster hunter may be a challenge since it needs simultaneous analog stick and dpad input and you cant really claw on it as well but the majority of psp games wont be an issue.
the thing is also very light so its not like your wrist will get tired. I have a case on mine which is the same as pic related and it ads a bit of thickness to the console which can improve the ergonomics a bit and also protects it quite well.
You should ask the pawn shop if you can take a look at it so you can get a good idea of the feel and also check to make sure there arent any damages
>>
>>381942072
If it also comes with the charger then yes it's worth it. They come with 16GB built in. You can hack it with the Pro-C lite CFW and play ISOs or emulators on it.
It's really portable, and all you'd need is a screen protector and you're good to go.

They use memory stick micro though so have fun finding one of those if you want more storage.
>>
>>381944473
The psp go can charge off of a vita power supply and its own but you need to make sure you have the psp go cable since its a different shape
>>
>>381943343
your 3000's memory stick pro or SD card adapter won't fit in the Go

sony changed it to memory stick micro
>>
>>381944473
Does it use the same charger as the 3000 models because I might even have that kicking around too? I did neglect to check that at the shop.
>>
Get a vita and put psp games on it.
>>
>>381944203
>games like monster hunter may be a challenge
Not a fan of MH so I'm not too worried about it. And if for some reason the urge struck me to play it I have a 3ds. Glad to know it's comfy because it doesn't look like it.

But then that happens with a lot of shit, you would never know how comfy the 2ds is by looking at it either.
>>
>>381945082
a vita is not nearly as portable as a psp go
>>
>>381945082
I have one already and my card is full. A PSP is basically the same price as a new card.
>>381944708
Good to know. Thanks brah.
>>
Get a real PSP 3000 and invest like maybe 30 dollars into it for storage, install CFW, and play unlimited games for a little bit more than the cost of the GO and have it not give you carpel tunnel.
>>
>>381944796
You're shitting me.

Jesus fucking Christ Sony. Literally why?
>>
>>381942072
Only if you get the dock and component cables.
>>
>>381945493
They pulled that shit with the vita too. at least nintendo used sd and micro sd
>>
>>381942072
i have one
it is good
>>
>>381945603
I'm well aware of the Vita, I own one. Part of why I want a PSP, so I don't have to buy another one of those Jewish cards simply to play psp and ps1 titles.
>>
>>381944473
This is what I did. Have a huge folder of old psp isos, and it plays the ps classics too
>>
>>381944978
No it uses a charger that's like the Vita's. The proprietary port is like the Vita's too, but it's bigger so it only works with the PSP GO.
>>
>>381945375
I loved my 3000. Easily my favorite handheld I ever owned. Thing is those I literally never once used the UMD drive on it as I hacked it about 20 minutes after I bought it. That's why I was thinking the Go might be good, especially since I've never seen a 1000-3000 as low as $45 around here.
>>
>>381946101
What is it about handhelds that motivates hardware companies to be the biggest assholes possible?
>>
>>381946353
It was multipurpose and could output video/audio through there or charge through the port. No clue why they didn't reuse it on the Vita though. Not like more than 20 people even bought one.
>>
>>381947784
Maybe because they still thought they were going to be able to sell the Vita TV without fucking that up or because they knew they could then port shit back to the PS4 and charge people for the same game multiple times as that's Sony's MO nowadays.
>>
>>381942072
I own one. It's a great emulation machine but either my charger or battery died so I can no longer use it.
>>
>>381948862
Don't the use the same removable batteries as all the other models or is that shit different too?
>>
>>381942072
With PSP Go you need to go balls out to make it amazing. Dualshock 3, component out, and the cradle. Then you're set. Don't get the memory stick for it, it takes M2 sticks unlike PSP and those are even pricier.
>>
>>381948994
That's different too. Different size, capacity, and non-user accessible though you can change it if want.
They did that because this came out after the Pandora battery got huge.
>>
>>381949691
Do you still need a pandora battery to hack them or can you softmod em nowadays?
>>
>>381949887
Nah, all firmware is cracked because they got the keys so it's just running a program through the PSP.
Not sure if they ever got full CFW on it, but you can use Lite CFW which is you run a program, then it returns to the XMB and you can pirate games or use emulators. You need to keep it in sleep mode though, but sleep mode is extremely good and can last for months so it's really a non-issue. It's called Pro-B or Pro-C.
Make sure you get the PSP GO download for it though since I think that matters.
>>
>>381950130
Thanks bro. You are indeed my nigga.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.