[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did Valve stop being the good guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 640px-Valve_logo.svg.png (7KB, 640x175px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Valve_logo.svg.png
7KB, 640x175px
When did Valve stop being the good guys?
>>
when they forced people to install steam to play their games
>>
>>381931886
Valve is like that one YouTube channel you subscribe to when it doesn't have many subscribers. And then after a year or two the channel blows up, and the guy gets hundreds of thousands, or even millions of subscribers, but his channel completely loses its original charm, and you aren't as interested.
>>
>>381931886
money
>>
>>381932617
I'd say that was Valve before 2010
>>
>>381931886
Left 4 Dead was their first product I didn't buy on release then began the downward spiral
>>
>>381931886
I would literally be ok with Valve if they just kept fucking making games

They made a new engine and they didnt do jack shit with it for 3 years now, what the fuck are they thinking?

Fucking little russian kids buying compendium and hats every fucking 3 months so valve literally never runs out of money

They resort to even copy pasting their compendiums now, and the skins in the compendiums are fan made unless it's the international.
>>
>>381932310
>>381932617
>>381932980
>>381931886
>>381933176
>>381933230

They still are.

-No online sub

-Allows devs to sell keys OUTSIDE of steam meaning they don't get a 30% cut. That means you can pick up cheap copies of games like wolfenstein TNC at 35 bucks vs 60 on console release

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/wolfenstein-ii-2-the-new-colossus-pc-steam-cd-key

-Support their older games meaning it's not abandoned after the sequel comes out 2 years later like what happens on consoles

-Digital Refunds for 2 hours which sony does not allow

The ONLY thing that I would hold against valve is that they stopped making games.
>>
>>381931886
2013-2015
Ever since they've started taking a stand against Overwatch though they've redeemed themselves
>>
>>381931886
When they stopped making content and just outsourced everything to the steam workshop. Also CSGO skins.
>>
>>381933418
>Support their older games
You mean how their 2013 Steampipe update broke Half-Life and every other Goldsource game and mod and sent the player base into a frenzy? Wow thank you Valve, I love the few dozen TF2 updates over the decade that made the game even better and totally didn't make me drop the game about half way through its lifespan.
>>
File: final form.png (520KB, 831x554px) Image search: [Google]
final form.png
520KB, 831x554px
>>381931886

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt0w9YP_wZ0&t

Some time between November 2009 and August 2011. That's the point they were clearly giving up on creating games and just wanted to sell them.
>>
>>381933418
>-No online sub
If they introduced subscriptions they'd torpedo their own platform needlessly, that's just basic business sense not being the "good guys". Also they resisted refunds for ages until they were basically forced to implement them. Refunds are the reason flash sales don't exist now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.