[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Troll or DSP like Autist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: blow.jpg (135KB, 1229x504px) Image search: [Google]
blow.jpg
135KB, 1229x504px
Jonathan Blow, maker of The witness and Braid sucks ass at BOTW
>Leaves cave
>Get a line of Dialog explaining where to go
>B-B-BACK OFF AND LET ME PLAY
>Where do I go? Bugged exploring mechanics!
>>
Watch:
twitch tv/videos/ 154447537
>>
People still fall for indie developers and their shitty "video games are art" games.
>>
Holy shit this guy is an autist. At one point he sighs at the chime playing when he does a step to a puzzle correctly.
>>
Jonathan BLOWS

LMAO
>>
>>381930250
can't find the video
>>
>>381930019
Why would I want to watch a literally who play a videogame?
>>
>>381930019
Oh god I want a crowbcat compilation of this
>>
sigh
>>
He was better when he was making webcomics.
>>
>>381930019
Even dsp is more competent than him.
>>
ugh
>>
>>381930019
I'm pretty sure he's a troll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZokQov_aH0&t=27m44s
>>
>calling apples lemons is funny to this man
>>
Wait. He didn't get off the plateau?
And why does he complain about Link having defined muscles and male parts?
>>
>>381934949
he doesn't want to face his paedophilia
>>
>>381935316
And he keeps calling Link "pre-pubertal". When that's obviously not the case and why he's got such defined second male characteristics to begin with.
Sure he may not be fully mature. But he is hardly "pre-pubertal", nor is he "12".

If anything he is the only one pushing that angle. So it looks like it's more his problem than anyone else's. Let alone the game's. He is creating issues where there are none.
>>
>>381930019
Where is the video?

>>381932959
Kys crowbcat
>>
>>381930019
he's a programmer not a game designer
>>
Ubisoft Presents The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
>>
File: 1474224161628.jpg (15KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474224161628.jpg
15KB, 240x250px
SIGH more menus explaining an unknown item I found. Just nintendo being nintendo. LEMONS
>>
>>381932045
Jonathan Blow made Braid and The Witness, both of which got huge media attention and fucked up the indie scene with their influence.
>>
>>381936794
>fucked up the indie scene with their influence.

How so?
>>
>>381937323
Google them and read an article or something.
>>
>>381935906
Let me guess, you're angry that crowbcat got popular because he makes good content, and you can't have that.
>>
>>381936794
>>381937437
Notch did far more damage to the indie scene and than Blow. Why are you picking on him? Is it because he doesn't like your baby game?

>>381937649
>good content

lol
>>
>protossed : by this point in the original zelda, we were already in a desperate battle for survival against octoroks. This is so fucking boring.
Well. Maybe. Just maybe. It has to do with the one who is playing and not the game. Ever considered that?
>>
>>381937991
I love both of Blow's games and I haven't played BotW
>>
>>381930019
Again, you stupid shit think people who play games enough to be skilled at them are the same as people who develop the skills make games.
>>
>>381937991
Right, popular content can't be good, I get you.
>>
>>381937991
His games are fine. It's more a problem with the reaction from others. And how it started the "le mature and meaninful indie craft!" trend and ideal that everyone then tried to chase and claim that they were.
>>
>>381937991
That's a whole 'nother pile of rotting cancer and gets its own threads regularly.
>>
>nameguy1O1 : object oriented programming is the only way to make good software
:)
>>
>>381936794
How did Braid get as much attention as it did
>>
>>381938740
The good devs are ones that're good at the games they make and play.
>>
File: braid.prototype.490.jpg (88KB, 490x342px) Image search: [Google]
braid.prototype.490.jpg
88KB, 490x342px
>>381940418
It was one of the first "artsy" indie games that came out between the music and art style Johnny paid out the nose for to replace his programmer art
>>
>>381940418
Summer of Arcade and Soulja Boy
>>
>>381930019
This is the first Zelda in years to leave you alone to do what you want right from the start. If he's complaining about what little direction you're given that likely means in the back of his head he intended to complain about this (since Zelda games have been known for it) before he started playing and was just looking for an opportunity.
>>
>>381930019
He famously had a fake walkthrough for Braid on his website (basically the second page is "figure it out yourself") and talk about bad game design...if you try to solve the puzzle pieces too early, you can lock out World 3's star in Braid permanently without knowing it.
>>
>>381940607
'Gonna throw a caveat onto this accurate observation: Good devs understand what makes their game good, and how to play the games they make. As is evidenced by The Witness, Blow doesn't understand how to design proper mechanics around exploration and puzzle solving. To the layman, the mechanics used by Breath of the Wild should be second nature, but Blow struggles with them because the actually game is secondary to whatever artistic expression the game is a vessel for.

Similar issues can be seen across different games by different devs. Generally, if you don't have some level of competency at your own games you're unable to properly design the sandbox for that game because you lack the depth of skill and knowledge to properly utilize it.
>>
>>381941449
>because the actually game is secondary to whatever artistic expression the game is a vessel for
jonjob's way too autistic too think like that
>>
>>381941195
He complains about both.
He starts out by complaining about the game giving him direction at the very beginning.
Then when he has no idea what he is doing he criticizes the game for not conveying what you're meant to do well enough.
But then when he does something right and the game clued him in to him actually having done something on the right path, he started complaining again.
But after that he had no idea what to do and complained again.

Like fuck.
>>
what's a psychoanalytic reading of jon's love for stephen's sausage roll?
>>
>>381940418
it was before the market was saturated and selling any indie game got you a lot of attention
also microsoft advertisement as it was basically the face of the XBLA for a while
>>
>>381944156
Sounds like he has no intention of seriously playing the game and it just complaining because he decided he didn't like it before he played it
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.