[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Game Ahead of its Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_1559.png (66KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1559.png
66KB, 250x333px
Why must people shit on what they cannot understand?
>>
File: Vaan.png (2MB, 1915x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Vaan.png
2MB, 1915x1463px
Understand this
>>
you don't understand their opinions, you're on the same boat,fag
>>
>>381927807
How,else is a street urchin supposed to look? Great design.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>381927660
Understand this.
>>
Post trap Larsa
>>
>>381927660
I didn't know copying the worst MMO of its era but keeping it offline was so avant garde.
>>
>>381927660
>money is scarce
>need to attack enemies to get loot to get more money
>to attack enemies, you need to buy attacks
>to use the attacks you need to buy gambits to use said attacks
>for the attacks to deal damage you need equipment
>need to buy equipment
>to get money you need to kill enemies
>enemies drop rate is low

The game is shit.
>>
>>381927807
it's a different concept of the classic main character. His only utility is to make Ashe meet Balthier, those arw the true mc
>>
>>381928098
I love MMOs, I just hate the multiplayer and online aspect of them.
>>
>>381928306
Oh yea, also actually move on with the story, you need to get Quickenings. Because those are the only moves that don't require 100 other things in order to deal good damage.

This game encourages long boring grinding, and since the game plays itself, it makes it a huge boring drag that goes nowhere for hours.
>>
i don't understand why people compare it to an MMO so much, it doesn't really have anything in common with an mmo besides having monsters be physically in the world instead of having random battles and whatnot
you can play the game like a regular final fantasy using the menu and gambits mostly exist to make the game easier (enough so that if you make good enough gambits the game will play itself)

the characters are bland and the story is forgettable but the sheer amount of side content is what really makes the game
>>
>>381928613
>sheer amount of side content is what really makes the game
People hate FFXV for this reason.
>>
>>381928613
The characters aren't bland. They just aren't the typical JRPG tropes constantly screaming their emotions and intentions at you 24/7
>>
>>381928613
>story is forgettable
its the only ff with an interesting plot
>>
>>381927660
Basch>Balthier
>>
>>381928306
>He had trouble making money

Hahahaha
>>
>>381928845
this
>>
Post your Zodiac Age party/jobs

I know I'm doing Basch, Ashe, and Fran but I don't know what jobs to give them yet.
>>
>>381928306
the only times you ever kind of needed gambits were for the 2 or 3 superbosses. A simple "Attack close enemy" and "heal when HP is low" is all you need to get through the game.
>>
>>381928863
>he can't actually answer the criticism
>needs to deflect to inane answer

And buying gambits is still stupid.
>>
>>381927660
Vaan was crap and a non-character too often, but I legitimately really liked the game overall and put it in the top FF games for me.
>>
File: 1494223690249.jpg (125KB, 793x692px) Image search: [Google]
1494223690249.jpg
125KB, 793x692px
>>381929043

Batlhier/Fran/Penelo best team
>>
File: latest.jpg (983KB, 1920x942px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
983KB, 1920x942px
>>381927660
they didn't understand how good the game was, so they didn't understand FF fortress that was about to come after, which was set after XII and when ashe is in the middle of her reign as queen. honestly, i just wanted more ivalice alliance, but the game looked pretty good, too

what was it about FFXII? i remember a lot of people disliked it when it first released these were probably the same niggers who begged FF to go "back to its roots," and when they got it, they hated it
>>
>>381929175
Oh okay, now how about grinding for license grids, weapon licenses, spell licenses, buying said spell licenses, then buying the gambits for said spells, then needing multiple copies for different characters?

>Find awesome sword
>LOL you can't use it!!!
>Grind another 3000 AP to get to the square so you can finally try the weapon out!!!!

FFXII's implementation of it's stats and weapon system was fucking retarded. Even II's hitting yourself was less of a headache.
>>
>>381928863
I remember having to loads of Couerl Pelt farms to get the money required to do basic things like upgrade gear.
>>
>>381929043
Balthier, Bash always on party
Ashe and Fran because mhu waifu
>>
>>381929190
Nigger if you actually had issue with money you just suck, get Vaan to steal shit 24/7 with his gambit on and by the time you find the exit you will have a shit ton of loot to sell which opens up more bargains to get. The amount of money you get is absurd
>>
>>381928306
You forgot you need the license to use the equipment that's in the shop where you can't buy yet, because you don't have the AP to get the license or money to get.

On and you also need to buy the spell from the shop as well as get the gambit for it and license for it. You can't even cast it manually until you get the license and gambit. Then you will need to grind a billion more AP to actually get to the square necessary to use fucking "Cure 2"
>>
>>381928823
>Star Wars rehash
>Intersting plot
It's objectively the worst Final Fantasy plot and this is a series that has VIII in it.
>>
>>381929590
Criticize the constant need to grind for everything
>Vaan to steal shit 24/7 with his gambit on
>LOL YOU RETARD JUST GRIND FOR MONEY
>STEAL AND KILL ENEMEIS
>NEED TO FARM AND GRIND
GGGGRRRRIIIINNNNNNDDDDDD

Holy shit XII defenders are the biggest retards in the world.
>>
>>381927660
>Shit plot
>Shit characters
>Shit music
>Shit gameplay
>remember this shit too now
>>381928306

Holy fuck XII is one of the fucking worst FF's
>>
>>381927660
>don't understand
It's not rocket science OP-san. I played through from start to finish at launch and again a few years later.
Final Fantasy XII fucking sucks.
>>
>>381930091
>bitching about grinding on a FF game
>walk towards objective with one character stealing on literal automatic
>get job from pub
>walk towards objective while stealing
>go back
>never need to grind again
You are literally shit, evenif you use shields you have money out of the ass, you even have enough money to buy a lp collar for every fucking character.
>>
>>381929549
The IZJS version makes getting money stupidly easy due to the Cat Ear Hood accessory. Once you get it you'll start making more money than there is stuff to buy in the game.
>>
Most people I see just seem to complain about the game "playing itself" but then I proceed to tell them you can turn them off and do everything manually and then they just say IT'S SHIT. Can't win.
>>
I don't think any Final Fantasy game was ahead of its time. When you play them you can easily tell when each of them got released.

They are incredibly grounded in their time. I'd even go as far as to say that playing mainline FF games is like a journey through video games history.
>>
>>381931707
VIII
>>
>>381930493
>Only 2 of the newer FF games forces you to grind to even beat the next area.
>Funny it's the two that people on /v/ love together and everyone else hates
>Grinding ended at IV
>V you can have the shittest job team and win
>you can literally beat FFVI at level 20 with the three required characters
>VII - Good Materia Setups
>VIII - Refine and junction to break the game in 10 minutes
>IX - GRIND!!!!!
>X - Literally can beat the game with zero spheres upgrade
>XII - GGGGRRRINNNDDDDD
>XIII - Can beat the game without touching the crystal
>XV - Can beat the game without even opening the menu. Just eat food.

>>walk towards objective with one character stealing on literal automatic
>get job from pub
>walk towards objective while stealing
>Describes grinding
>NO ITS FARMMMMINNNGGGG!!!!! RREEEEEEEEEE
>YOU NEED TO GET THIS ITEM AND DO THIS STUFF TO GRIND EASIER!!!!!

You even said so
>BUY A Ip Collar!!!
>which requires GRINDING for Money, AP, and the item itself

Holy fuck, you are one dense motherfucker.

No you're shit. And yes, walking to the pub, then walking outside, to fight the 3 Tomato monsters, only to exit the area, to go back and fight the 3 tomato monsters again and again and again and again is grinding.
>>
>>381931980
Nah that game is just shit.
>>
>>381929420
>then needing multiple copies for different characters?
Multiple copies of what?
Gambits, spells and abilities are all universal.
Also, cheap as shit.
You're literally braindead if you had trouble making money in FFXII
>>
It would have been the best FF of all time if they didn't tamper with Matsuno's vision
>>
>>381929835
>You can't even cast it manually until you get the license and gambit
License yes, gambit no.
You don't NEED gambits to do anything in the game.
>>
>>381929190

how are you ever having money problems in this game?
>>
>no story
>underdeveloped characters
>giant open areas with nothing to find in them because loot is randomly generated and 99% of the time not worth picking up or looking for
>dungeons are shit
>combat is trivialized because you can cast protect+shell+haste on your whole party before you aggro the enemy
>boss battles are a literal fucking joke, quickenings can do 3/4 of their health before they even get to act
>license grid adds complexity to the game but not depth and therefore is completely worthless
>hunt monsters are just scaled up and recolored versions of regular monsters
>regular monster variety is almost non-existent, compare to FFIX, a fucking PS1 game, where almost every monster in the game is unique
>no battle theme except boss fights

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>381935462
>>381934323
Because you need numerous things
>sell item
>LOL I NEED THIS ITEM YOU JUST SOLD TO COMPLETE THIS QUEST

Seriously it's fucking idiotic. And the vanilla game had serious money/gambit issues.

And every boss is just auto attack until about 1/3 life left then spam the shit out of quickenings
>>
>>381928613
The Clan Hunts could've been a full storyline all of its own.
>>
>>381929232
Best team is Penelo, Ashe and Fran with guns
>>
I'm in an active playthrough right now and I've been reserving fucking AP and money lmao how fucking shit at videogames is /v/ goddamn?
>>
Shitposting aside, I am fucking hyped for the remaster.
>>
>>381937941
what classes are you going to put on everyone?
>>
>>381937941
I'd be hyped if I had a ps4 or if they inexplicably announced a ps3 version. As things stand now, I decided to dig my ps2 out and continue from my save file. Finally got twelve Espers, but no way in hell am I doing the Great Crystal to get to Ultima.
>>
>>381931707
FF2 and FF5 were. 2 because of mechanics nobody used for years afterwards, 5 because of massive usability leaps and tons of effort put into the gameplay.
>>
Why must people understand garbage ?
>>
>>381938140
Last time I had a Samurai, Uhlan, Knight, and White Mage. But this time? I have no idea, especially since we'll be able to assign 2 jobs per character. I don't know man, I'm probably going to stare at the job selection screen for a good hour or two.

How about you?
>>
File: 1498415897004.png (120KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498415897004.png
120KB, 512x512px
>>381927660
This was the only Final Fantasy I got bored of with about half way and stopped playing, I even played all 3 FF13 games and had more fun.
>>
>>381938663

>posts worst girl
>has worst taste

no surprise there
>>
>>381938963
Kawakami might be worst girl but he's not wrong, XII is painfully boring.
>>
I hope the >dude what if guy posts in this thread.
>>
>>381939094
I'm enjoying it. Turn up the battle speed and suddenly you have an interesting game about tactics, where your equipment/gambit/license setup translates into combat potential.
>>
>>381927660

It was one of the first to go with the retarded open world meme that ruins countless games since then. Am I supposed to thank it now or what.
>>
Gambits were ahead of their time. They offered unparalleled control over multiple units in real-time.
>>
>>381936678
>>LOL I NEED THIS ITEM YOU JUST SOLD TO COMPLETE THIS QUEST
There are exactly 3 items you can sell that you can't get back you need for quests.
Everything else can be sold and they count toward various bazaar goods.
>And every boss is just auto attack until about 1/3 life left then spam the shit out of quickenings
You say this like this doesn't apply to every other Final Fantasy game.
>>
>>381927660
God, could you imagine if they made a game with this and 13's battle system combined.
>game is "open-world" and takes place in real time
>like 12, you queue up attacks
>but like 13, you start off with more than 1 atb and you gain more as you get stronger
Basically the running around part of 12 but with the multi-attack and flashiness of 13.
>>
>>381938620

I kind of want to try setting it up so I utilize all 12 jobs. Still not entirely sure what combination would be good for that though
>>
File: FF2_Logo.png (65KB, 350x161px) Image search: [Google]
FF2_Logo.png
65KB, 350x161px
Still too far ahead of its time. Eventually people will know. Even if it takes another two decades.
>>
>>381928613
>i don't understand why people compare it to an MMO so much
combat
wandering monsters
hunts

removing gambits doesn't make the game not play like an mmo
>>
>>381939552
>open world
>zones separated by loading screens
By your logic, Final Fantasy X is an open world game.
Older FF games with an overworld are more open world than FFXII.
>>
>>381940024
name one game it applies to before 12. Its because no other games in the series has the boss go into a bullshit invincible phrase when they get to a certain HP point.
>>
File: 1497175298032.jpg (26KB, 283x314px) Image search: [Google]
1497175298032.jpg
26KB, 283x314px
>>381940068

We need a professional FF12fag to come up with an answer to this.
>>
>>381940218
IIRC Quickenings do 0 damage if bosses through up Palings. Well that and they scale like shit past early game and all they do is waste your MP.
>>
>>381940218
>name one game it applies to before 12
Final Fantasy X.
>Its because no other games in the series has the boss go into a bullshit invincible phrase when they get to a certain HP point.
What fucking game have you played?
There isn't a single boss in the entire game that REQUIRES it be finished off with Quickenings.
Not fucking one.
>>
>>381927660
Traveling in this game is perfect. Love it
>>
>>381940068
>>381940243
Some guy on Gamefaqs recommended
Hunter/Samurai
Machinist/Uhlan
Archer/Breaker
Knight/Monk
White Mage/Time Mage
Black Mage/Red Mage

It looks like a good set on paper.
>>
>>381940592
>Archer/Breaker
>having all your break skills on a single character is a good idea
No.
>>
I dislike it because the gambit system. Also it's obviously the remnants of that MMO they were trying to make parallel to FFXI.
>>
File: 1491776621673.jpg (141KB, 761x799px) Image search: [Google]
1491776621673.jpg
141KB, 761x799px
6 > 14 > 4 > 9 > 3 > 12 > 15 > 5 > 1 > 11 > 7 > 8 > 10 > 2 > 13 (the entire trilogy)
>>
>>381940592
You have two classes per character?
>>
>>381940068
>>381940243
Breaker/Hunter
White Mage/Machinist
Samurai/Knight
Black Mage/Monk
Time Mage/Uhlan
Red Mage/Archer

This is pretty much as optimal as it gets.
>>
>>381940737
Breaker has 4 breaks
Monk has the strength breaks
White Mage has the magic breaks

You can double them up.
>>
>>381940873
In the upcomming Zodiac Age re-release, yes.
>>
>>381940898
White Mage/Machinist is only good for Dark Shot memes at the very end of the game and you can't use Hastega until after the 2nd to last dungeon.

White/Time is the best supporter in the game
>>
>>381940214
If anything XII is pretty scaled back compared to most jrpgs.
>>
>>381940392
Not true. Zodiark can be beaten with Quickenings even with his Anti Magic and Physical palings up. I'm sure it applies to other bosses as well.
>>
>>381940831
Nice try, XV-kun.
>>
>>381941049
This can be said for a lot of things. The game is piss easy until endgame marks anyways. Might as well design the whole setup around them. Also putting every buff, healing and likely stealing on one character is a bit much.
>>
FFXII has one of the worst pacing of all gaming history.
It's a good game, but the pacing kills it.
>>
>>381940439
We're talking optimally, anon. FFX never had you gave the bosses an invincible phase. 12 did, which you would optimally override by using quickening.
>>
>>381941460
White Time has Protect/Shell/Haste
Anyone who takes Knight or Monk can act as an off healer or buffer
Anyone who takes Red Mage, Hunter or Machinist can contribute to buffing or healing
Then don't forget that Archer can act as an item healer as well.

White Mage is a job with a lot of free time which is why everyone recommends that they act as your thief in the first place. Also White/Machinist has a similar problem since it has Steal/Protect/Shell/Haste/Healing so its likely that it won't even get to use its Dark Shot properly in the first place.
>>
>>381936678
I seriously can't comprehend anti grind fags like you. Do you not like to work for things? Do you enjoy being handed everything to you or something? Why would you rather be given everything to you than earning in on your own through viable methods such as farming items and selling them? What makes you so angry that you have to talk shit about a game just because it makes you fucking try? You honestly should kill yourself for screaming and crying about grinding in JRPG's. There's a few instances where grinding has been done very poorly and over the top, but this is nowhere near one of them. Stop playing big boy games and pick up Undertale or something. Oh wait, that game has a small section that requires grinding, so it's shit to you. Fuck off, autist.
>>
How do I fix inverted controls in PCSX2?
>>
Reminder that Gambits are the best mechanic in all of JRPGs.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-31-final-fantasy-12s-gambits-remain-one-of-jrpgs-best-ideas-in-years
>>
>>381942303
Yeah, it is. Anyone who disagrees is simply wrong and a brain damaged contrarian.
>>
No, we can understand it. We just recognize that it's a shit game.
>>
>>381941775
Sadly true. Every cutscene has an urgency to it that flies completely in the face of the relatively relaxed exploration. Most people fuck up by trying to do as much side content as they can between plot points, which doesn't help matters.
>>
>>381942618
What consoles do you own, my friend?
>>
>Needing to buy a license to do something as simple as equipping a fucking hat
>>
>>381942734
just like real life
>>
>>381932651
>IX
>grinding
You sound like a complete shitter
>>
>>381942303
It would've worked a lot better in a game centered around controlling an army.
>>
>>381942734
>He's never heard of skill trees before
>He's never heard of class locked equipment before
>He's never heard of Jews before
Wooooow.
>>
>>381942715
Home consoles or Home consoles + portables?

NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, N64, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Wii, PS3, Wii U.

If you want to include portables: Game Gear, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP, DS, PSP, 3DS.

Why do the consoles I own matter?
>>
>>381928536
>Oh yea, also actually move on with the story, you need to get Quickenings
The only thing Quickenings are good for is a final hit. Early on, it's good against the Demon Wall in the Tomb of Raithwall, but the best method of dishing damage is going to be your normal attacks/spells.
>>
>>381943117
>Early on, it's good against the Demon Wall in the Tomb of Raithwall
Reminder that no one will be defeat the Demon Wall on their first play through and that's it is an entirely optional fight.
>>
>>381943238
You can beat the first one right away without grinding but it depends on what your team set up is like.

Certain jobs tend to do a lot better early game than others.
>>
>>381942734
>have to get 30 points of STR to equip a simple fucking axe
>>
File: sylville-smith-2.jpg (85KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
sylville-smith-2.jpg
85KB, 640x799px
>>381927973
>How else is a street urchin supposed to look?
>>
>>381941872
>Do you not like to work for things? Do you enjoy being handed everything to you or something
Grinding isn't work. It's mind numbing and boring.

I would rather try to figure out the game and beat the stage/boss 20 levels below using the skills i have. Grinding is for idiots that have no idea how to play a game besides attack and heal.

You're the fucking faggot that ruined JRPGs emphasizing on grinding and not using any skills you have.
>>
>>381943457
>Certain jobs tend to do a lot better early game than others.
Never played the Zodiac Version, can you cheese the game pretty hard with particular job set ups?
>>
>>381943108
I like to ask because usally if someone owns consoles from Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, then their opinion actually matters and has a chance at being somewhat coherent.

There's to many shitposters that REEEE the moment they see a game being discussed from a console line they've never purchased from before. I know it's easy to type out a list of consoles you may or may not actually own, but regardless, I like to ask anyways.
>>
>>381943573
You can get like the very best weapon for Machinist by the Tomb or somewhere around there if you're autistic enough for it. Then if you combine it with Focus/Adrenaline from a job like Uhlan then you have a beatstick that doesn't fall off until late game where you just pick up the other job's endgame role.
>>
>>381943882
How does it work anyways, do you pick roles for each of your characters and then they're stuck with those for the rest of the game?
>>
>>381943654
I like the PS2, but I thought FF12 sucked massive amounts of dick when I played it in 2006. Not enough had changed from the demo included with Dragon Quest 8 (unlike most people I bought DQ8 for DQ8, not the FF12 demo).

I don't own any Xboxes because they don't really have much that appeals to me that I can't play on my PC. Forgot to mention my Super Famicom. Can post proof of my consoles if you'd like.
>>
>>381943979
Yeah. You pick a role and then they're locked into it until the end. IZJS added the option to pick a subclass to expand/enhance what your job can do.

For example, Ashe as a Knight can take Time Mage and have access to almost every white magic spell in the game, buffing and damage.
>>
so is FF12 remake coming to Windows or is it PS4 exclusive for the time being
>>
>>381943571
No, I'm the faggot who likes to max out all of his gear and characters and experience all that a game has to offer. Grinding isn't even the most boring thing about JRPG's. If you ask me, it's their absolutely garbage stories 60% of the time, and the shitty areas they make you slog through until you progress further in the just as bad story. FFXII doesn't have this problem. I'm not saying the story or zones are fantastic, I'm saying they're good enough to keep me entertained. Entertained enough to want to kill shit and discover everything in that specific monsters loot pool and find hidden stuff.

In every game with leveling in it, and farming/grinding is possible, then I'm always finding myself overleveled because I enjoy the content enough to play it that much. If you don't enjoy the content that much to play it, then why even bother playing at all?
>>
>>381944209
The latter, but I would imagine the XII remaster will be out on Steam in exactly a year or two.
>>
>>381944209
All FF games are coming to windows. It's been a trend for a while now.
>>
>>381944503

Does that include FF1 and 2 as well?
>>
I enjoyed even normal version. Something I could waste time, do guild missions, wait for monsters to appear and liked the gambit system idea. I am not a mmofag because I enjoy more to play alone.
Vaan and that girl in sandland were just there, there was no need for them
>>
File: GolmoreJungle.jpg (231KB, 920x518px) Image search: [Google]
GolmoreJungle.jpg
231KB, 920x518px
>>381944446
I thought the zones and world by extension were the only standout part of the game, all of the environments looked fantastic and felt unique.
>>
>>381944662
Not yet. They've been re-releasing them on steam in reverse order. I think it's more related to the games order of popularity than anything.
Nobody cares much for the first two games, so i don't know how long it'll take.
Personally, i have ff1 as one of my favorites just because it's really short and a straightforward fun game to play.
>>
>>381943238
Eh?
>>
>>381944121
I also bought DQ8 for the game itself, which was very good, but coming from someone who played FFXI, I really liked FFXII. That might set off reg flags for people, like, "oh, he played that shitty (it's actually good) MMO, of course he'd like FFXII" but I liked it because it was different from all the rest. The license board was very interesting, it had a lot of stuff to discover. I had literally no idea that you could viably play the game using no weapon with the right licenses and the fact that katanas were fast as fuck at attacking until I unlocked them and used them.

People mad at the license board really don't have a good sense of wonder and open mindedness I guess. Gambits were fun to play around with as well, since all of the past FF games had you controlling all of your party members yourself, which you still can in FFXII, but you had MUCH more control over them in this game than ever before. They ALL felt like actual party members you wanted in your party instead of limited computers doing what you told them to do. It's hard to explain.

Basically, Square Enix gave people a shit ton of freedom and everyone shat on it for no reason.
>>
>>381944446
Who else stole a mage masher and a gadius early on and wrekt shop until mid-game? Also, who else got the deathbringer before Raithwall and totally rekt the demonwall?
>>
>>381945254
I think the only area disliked in FFXII was the one town where you had to collect chips or some shit to use that transportation system. I didn't hate it, but it was so out of place to me, it pissed me off. I just finally got to a new town and wanted to haul ass too the armor and weapon vendors but nah, they were locked behind that shit first.
>>
>>381945886
Arcadia? That wasn't bad. You just had to talk to a few people in each area.
>>
>>381927660
Why did you make this thread again?
>>
>>381944446
Yea another grinding faggot that doesn't know how to be efficient.

I don't need to loot 20 fur hairs to get 1 pelt to know how to play a game.
>>
>>381946038
>again
The other thread was about XIII, m8.
>>
>>381945492
I recently played FFXII again and as soon as I got to the first desert area, Western Dalmasca or some shit, I took my weapons off, grinded like 350 License Points until I unlocked 50% more unarmed damaged and the bracelet license that buffs unarmed attacks and then played the rest of the game unarmed. Was fun as fuck.
>>
>>381928331
That and be Ashe's emotional anchor later in the story
>>
>>381945958
I might be remembering it a little more badly than It actually was, I did play it when I was like 13-14 or so. It wasn't a bad thing, I just got pissy at it is all. I'm sure if I played it again, it wouldn't be nearly as annoying to me.
>>
>>381945886
Archades on the whole just felt pretty poorly designed. Which was disappointing since its the main antagonistic force's capital.
>>
>>381928331
Vaan is a cliche. If XII had the balls to admit Ashe as it's main character, you would have a point.
>>
>>381946468
I didn't mind Vaan because he played a nice third wheel to Ashe's revenge shit and Balthier's sky pirate stuff. He wasn't in your face about his problems was Tidus and get it them on his own after talking it out like a normal person.
>>
>>381946604
So were those last dungeons, massive slogs and sections were reliant on trial and error in the Great Crystal.
>>
>>381946095
I find joy in grinding, I'm sorry that you don't. I can understand wanting a challenge by going into fights underleveled and undergeared, I respect that mindset, actually, but when I love a games combat, I can't help myself and I just become overleveled and geared to the teeth.

Also, being overleveled doesn't mean you don't know how to play the game. I'm not sure how you even think that. If anything, it means you know more about the game.
>>
>>381932651
>its possible to beat a game without grinding if you look up the exact strategies to beat each encounter and carefully plan your item usage
>this means the game is grindy for normal play at all

Holy fuck, youre actually retarded.
>>
>>381946708
>If XII had the balls to admit Ashe as it's main character
Reminder that Basch is the main character.
>>
>>381928306
IZJS lets you buy every gambit from the start for cheap.
>>
>>381946708
The new story trailer they released pretty much hides Vaan as much as possible.
>>
>>381946993
Basch was going to be the main character of the FFXII sequel/spinoff game, so you're not wrong.
>>
File: coolface blue.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
coolface blue.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>381928432
>I love Massive Multiplayer Online
>I just hate the multiplayer and online aspect of them
>>
>>381946993
Shit, i meant Basch. Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>381947103
I thought you didn't even have to buy them.
>>
>>381947205
Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and X already showed that MMOs without the second M and the O can be amazing.
>>
>>381946491
Fair enough.
>>
>>381946993
I see a lot of people clamoring for Basch to be the MC, but to me that only really felt like that was the case for the first quarter or so of the game up until when you beat that other knight guy.

The longer the game went on, the more I felt like Balthier and Ashe were the real mains.
>>
File: coolface 10 over 0.png (43KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
coolface 10 over 0.png
43KB, 498x500px
>>381947380
>Calling an Action RPG an MMO
>when you don't even go online for it
I guess you're also one of those people who call Dark Souls a JRPG
>>
>>381947614
Ashe was always the main character. There was speculation that Basch was meant to be the player perspective character, but apparently Vaan had always been planned to be that; he just simply went through a bunch of changes.
>>
>>381947887
Considering Dark Souls isn't even an RPG, I don't.
>>
>no moogle, garif, nu mou, seeq, or bangaa party members

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>381947939
Yeah, according to the wikipedia article and FF wiki, it seems like Vaan/Basch were probably meant to be one and the same and they split them apart into the grizzled old veteran and the down to earth perspective/avatar character. It would probably also explain why they both fall off in relevancy around the same time.
>>
>>381947887
*WRPG
>>
>>381948105
It would've been so simple to add them too.
>>
File: Reks_1.png (916KB, 723x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Reks_1.png
916KB, 723x1600px
Reks should've been the protagonist and Vaan the one who Gabranth killed.
>>
12fags, justify the randomized loot in this game. Justify me finding a secret wall in the final dungeon, only for it to lead to a dead end with a jar that contains a knot of rust at the end.
>>
>>381942980
FF-Generals would be dank.
>>
File: 1443648186097.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1443648186097.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>381938963
>>381939094
Kawakami is literally the best girl in that game, you're probably thinking of the dumbass journalist chick who doesn't have a good social link or ability.

That said, I do agree that FF12 is pretty shit. But I would also put it above FF13.
>>
File: Baked_stargazy_pie.jpg (188KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Baked_stargazy_pie.jpg
188KB, 500x375px
>>381942303

>euro opinions
>relevant

if we listened to euro opinions, we'd all agree that this is a good meal, but it's not.
>>
>>381948390
There's no justifying it. Hopefully when the game finally comes to pc, there will be a mod to fix that, along with a mod to add a map to the Great Crystal.
>>
>>381927660

People didn't take the superior FF route for PS1 to PS2.

Smart people skipped FFX, played FFXI, and it made FFXII all the more enjoyable. The key is you don't play the games that are hallway simulators and you'll enjoy the series.
>>
>>381948784
>Great Crystal
>Trial and error: the dungeon
Why did they think this was ok?
>>
>>381948817

I'd rather have a linear game with a fun battle system and story than an open game with a shit battle system and no story at all.
>>
>>381948916
They probably thought leaving it mapless would add to the mystical and ethereal quality of it. Thankfully the story-centric part is short, and most people probably didn't even realize you could return and explore further.
>>
I gave it a shot several times back when it came out on the PS2. Never could really get into it though. I really enjoyed X for it's battle system if not for its story, but didn't really care for the semi-real time system XII had. Maybe I'll give it one more go when it comes out.
>>
>>381949070
XII's story is just Star Wars, what sucks about it is that's like XV and obviously unfinished and the pacing is the worst to ever grace a JRPG.
>>
>>381930018
Are you implying FFVIII has a better story than Star Wars? If so you're a fucking retard.

I admit FFXII is a Star Wars rehash but a rehash of something good is better than absolute trash. At least FFXII makes fucking sense.
>>
>>381949153
>you could return and explore further.
Is there any reason to do so, is there some sort of secret weapon in there?
I'll be honest I didn't know you could return myself although it makes sense that you can.
>>
>>381949352
>is there some sort of secret weapon in there?

Excalibur

And you can fight Ultima and Omega Mark XII
>>
>>381929043
Vaan: Archer/Redmage (fire arrows, firey bow, oil will be so strong)

Fran:Shikari/Breaker (genji gloves on ninja swords, thats really it)

Balthier:Machanist/WhiteMage (they kinda work together, really just my left over jobs going here

Basch:Uhlan/Timemage (same as above)

Ashe:Knight/Samurai (tons of battle lores, tons of magic lores, white robes+excalibur combo and more. its so damn strong)

Penelo:BlackMage/Monk (beefy black mage that can now cast amazing white magic like curaja and holy and staff of magi boosts holy magic, as does white robes. Poles can be good too but eh.)
>>
I hate when people label every story about a rebellion as "it's just star wars hurr." What's next, fucking Les Miserable is star wars?

Even if you did compare FF12 to star wars, it completely falls apart as soon as you compare Vaan (a character with literally no motivation to do what he does) with Luke (a character with very strong motivation to do what he does).
>>
>>381949781
Luke is Basch.
>>
>>381949781
Vaan is R2D2 anyway.
>>
>>381930091
You have to be baiting.

I never grind in my playthroughs. You don't need to buy the best of every equipment every time you see an upgrade to get by in this game. You can easily go through the entire game without grinding as long as you are semi competent and don't make shitty gambit set ups.Side content you may, but every jrpg needs grinding for side content just about.
>>
>>381930091

FF12 isn't a good game, but if you had to grind in it AT ALL, it is you who is the problem. 12 is an easy, borderline completely mindless romp that will only challenge you if you want to do superbosses.
>>
>>381950009
The only must buy in XII were the 2x LP item since it worked on everyone.
>>
>>381942081
IDK. Set them up inversely?
>>
>>381950993
I think that was the golden amulet...golden tippet? Either way it was nice and it did work on everyone, but it could only be equipped on one person at once. It is good for characters you are not using so they do not feel so left behind when you bring them into your party eventually. With this in mind, if you are just going to play with three characters, it isn't a must have. Though it is still good in the long run.
>>
You now remember having to run through the desert with those big round metal buildings.
>>
>>381950993
That and the item that reverses the effect of items
>>
>>381951331
Oil extractors.
That was neat.
>>
>>381927660
age has only made this games flaws stand out more OP, don't pretend otherwise.
>>
>>381951331
Good area for chaining.
>>
>>381932651
>thinking IX is grindy

level 1 challenges are literally possible mate. Unless you're referring to slow combat, FF IX has no points in the story where you should ever consider grinding.
>>
>>381951804
This argument is on almost every RPG board I've been to. The people saying grinding isn't necessary are the people who "look for treasure" or do all the side quests and don't consider all of the random battles while doing so as grinding. I completely disagree, however.

When I got to the end of this game I was only around level 30. I needed to grind 20-30 levels in order to beat the last boss. So yes, I'd definitely say that this game has tons of grinding.

Like most JRPGs, you either need a really good strategy and need to know the intricacies of the game, or you have to grind. I really don't see any exceptions, but I'm sure some hardcore RPG fans will say I'm wrong....
>>
>>381952124
>the people who "look for treasure" or do all the side quests and don't consider all of the random battles while doing so as grinding
no
>>
>>381952124

Do you just consider every non-mandatory random encounter as "grinding?" Because if that's the case, quit forcing yourself to play a genre you hate.
>>
>>381952124
>Doing side quests counts as grinding

If you exploit a side quest to where it gives far more of a bonus than it would normally give, or is repeatable and you do it over and over then yeah that is grinding. If not, then it is just a side quest. Fighting some monsters during a side quest should not be considered grinding.
>>
>>381952553
and it doesn't even make sense since searching for treasure does not involve fighting monsters since you're riding chocobos meaning >>381952124 is extra full of shit. I have no idea how you wouldn't be at least level 50 by end game unless you just got really lucky with random encounters, or were fleeing a lot of them. Thinking IX is grindy for that reason, and not any other FF is frankly baffling.
>>
>>381953146
The only time i think the game is hard is when you fight the first demon wall. Through normal progression, i do not think you can beat it unless you got some fucking killer gambits set up. But it is completely optional so can this even be considered a point against this being a grindy game? Either way, this game isn't hard at all. optional stuff you may need to grind for, but all story content you don't need to at all.
>>
bump for the best FF
>>
>>381954394
Just use Quickenings, he's pretty easy desu.
>>
Anyone know if the re-release is going to fix the piss-tier voice audio quality?
>>
>>381954908
I do, not sure what I am doing wrong.

I quicken till i cannot anymore, then i have some left over hp to take out so i just cast berserk on my melee members.

Always gives me some trouble though, mainly dependent on how often demon wall casts telega. Guess it is just an rng fight if you are underlevled.
>>
>>381955805
Supposedly yes.
>>
>>381928306
>to use the attacks you need to buy gambits to use said attacks
Or, you know, do it manually.
>>
>>381955805
https://youtu.be/Sx-Qoee-0Bw?t=392

You can hear the quality here.
>>
File: 1497294089027.png (48KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1497294089027.png
48KB, 378x378px
>>381955805

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ9tN_KcsO4

sounds a little better, I think
>>
>>381952124
So basically you're going against the commonly accepted definition of grinding. Fuck off m8, coming up with your own definitions and trying to get others to accept them makes your opinion entirely without worth.
>>
>>381956218
fuck me, that didn't work. Voice samples are at 6:32
>>
>>381956347
>>381956218
I realized my vid is from over 8 months ago.

>>381956274
Has the better vid, Sound quality does sound better.
>>
>>381956218
>all I wanted was FFXII on the Vita
>Square releases FFX/X-2
>buy that shit up because fuck yeah, X-2
>even fine with a digital version, because it's at least something
>Keep waiting with my hopes up
>ZODIAC AGE
>"OH YES PLEASE"
>PS4 only
>"No. NO. Why, Square?"
All I wanted was FFXII on the VIta.
>>
>>381956898
Remote play zodiac age on your vita uwu
>>
>>381956898
XII would be perfect on the go.
>>
>>381959357
What games aren't perfect on the go?
>>
>>381959725
RTS, Racing, Simulations, MOBAs, twitch shooters, and probably others.
>>
>>381959725
erotic visual novels
>>
>>381961895
>Not showing them off to everyone who walks past you
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.