[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time for the daily Oblivion thread. What did you think of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 20170626_152258.png (2MB, 1080x1463px) Image search: [Google]
20170626_152258.png
2MB, 1080x1463px
Time for the daily Oblivion thread.

What did you think of the game /v/?
What were it's biggest flaws, and what made it great?
I know I'm a fag for waiting this long to play it.
Any tips for a noob? Playthrough style?
>>
Why can't we have daily Morrowind threads.

The game is fun to play but it's a really shitty RPG and also a really shitty TES game.
The most annoying shit was Todd retconning the entire fucking province of Cyrodiil and adding that retarded levelling system and potato heads with 3 voice actors.
If you really want to play it go to tesgeneral or something and get a list of mods to install first. I guess mage is the best way to play since archery is useless and melee combat is just spamming M1.

Have fun.
>>
>>381919328
Why can't we have daily Elder Scrolls Adventure Redguard threads.
Redguard is pretty fun as well.
>>
File: TiberRedguard.jpg (40KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
TiberRedguard.jpg
40KB, 320x240px
>>381919613
Fuck yeah Redguard is great. It pretty much laid all the groundworks for TES lore as we know it today
>>
>>381918951
What are some good mods to add to an already modded-up game? I'm looking for things that add something that's actually interested, so no sexmods with their awkward animations.

Preferably smaller quests/factions, maybe shops if they have interesting inventories.
>>
>>381920756
Also, something that could add items to the levelledlists could be fun too.
>>
>>381918951
OOO+Realistic Leveling rewards focusing on your major skills and playstyle.

Add Race Rebalancing Project to that to both get rid of the general ugliness of the npcs and to make the vanilla races useful and different.

Maska's Oblivion Overhaul can again be added to all that to make OOO not tedious at the beginning.

Obviously the best playstyle is the art of stealth archery.
>>
>>381920198
I wish they made more spinoff games like Redguard. Those type of games can do a lot more with the lore then an open world game could.
>>
>>381921359
But that would require them to playtest their games.
>>
>>381918951
it's shit
biggest flaw was the quest compass
play something else
>>
>>381919613
WE need more games like this
N SHIET.
>>
Oblivion was a bad game with great features. It was a perfect foundation for a truly great sequel and successor.
And then skyrim came out and shat all over that.
I loved Oblivion when I first played it, but can recognize it's severe faults. Skyrim is just so mediocre that I fucking hate it. It refused to build upon Oblivion's positive qualities and that's why it's garbage.
>>
>>381918951
Post best mods no one else has.
There was an Omod with sexy female breathing sounds when you were tired or on low hp. I wish I could find it.

There's also a very comfy sitting mod which lets you sit on pressing "."
>>
>>381919613
>>381920198
I love this 80s 90s adventure art style, I wish we could see more of this today.
>>
>>381918951
This was the first game I got extremely hyped for as a kid, I fucking love it. Even with the potato faces and janky leveling and combat I still put hundreds of hours into this game.

I still think Oblivion has some of the most well-designed quests, I'll never forget stuff like the troll painting quest and the murder mystery dark brotherhood mission.

The entirety of Shivering Isles is also really amazing, immersive and interesting, using a completely different art style, with completely unique enemies, buildings locales. That expansion pack blew me away
>>
I think it's the best game in the ES series.
>>
Dying? Not on my watch!
>>
>>381918951
What are the essential mods I need to make this game not shit?
>>
>>381925334
unironically visit the demwaifus blog. They've got what you need for most aspects.

Still, you have to be the one to adapt the game to your needs.
>>
>>381918951
Oblivion one of the most boring games I have ever played. It pales in comparison to Morrowind and Skyrim. The world is empty and no fun to explore. Levelling up is pointless. Exploration is pointless because you get fast travel from the get go. The main quest is boring (well than can be said for all three of them). Oblivion is a fucking chore to play and I don't see how anyone can say that it's better than Morrowind or Skyrim. And don't bring up
>m...uh best quests
All three games have fairly average quests, the problem with Oblivion's quests is that the game gives you literally no incentive to do them.
>>
>>381926310
And the quests are over in 5 minutes. I can't understand people that continue to say that the DB murder house and all those other quests are worthy to point out when they make up for such a small percentage of game time.
>>
File: Oblivion.png (3MB, 1024x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion.png
3MB, 1024x2304px
>>381926310
>>381927112
"muh Oblivion sidequests" is probably the plebbiest opinion that is somewhat widespread on /v/.
Oblivion had uniformly terrible quests. No branching, no meaningful choices, no conflicting quests, no mutually-exclusive questlines, the quests that offer genuine multiple solutions can be counted on two hands. Even Fallout 3 had better quests.
You like the writing and locales? Good for you, but that does not make for good RPG questlines. May as well praise GTA's 'questlines' while you're at it. They're on about the same complexity level.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.