[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tree of Savior top gaem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: David and Claire.jpg (50KB, 538x182px) Image search: [Google]
David and Claire.jpg
50KB, 538x182px
Why aren't you playing Tree Of Savior right now /v/?

It is the cutest and one of the most fun MMOs released in the past 20 years. You have a multi/custom class system unlike all those other shit mmos that force you to pick a class with no customization whatsoever, and the combat is actually really really fun.

And it is free on steam, so pls download so the game doesn't die

Pic related. This could be you right now banging a QT whilst playing
>>
Also,the devs have been updating and balancing the game non stop
>>
>>381916956
I quit forever ago. It was cute but wasn't worth much else. I miss /tosg/ though, there were lots of nice people there.
>>
>>381916956
If they honestly thought "Tree of Savior" was a good title, that leads me to question every single design decision they've made. Just like xXxEPICMEMELORDxXx'S BATTLEGROUNDS.
>>
File: tos boobs.png (682KB, 600x707px) Image search: [Google]
tos boobs.png
682KB, 600x707px
>>381917175
>wasn't worth much else

there isn't enough content for 24/7 play with just 1 character, but they are adding more guild stuff, and there is GvG and 5v5 ranked arenas now which are really fun

They are also releasing rank 9 this year, and we are probably going all the way to rank 10. Game is still not completely finished, but already fun to play and invest time
>>
>>381917559
gooks gonna gook, but the game actually plays really really well. It is [spoilers] fun

it´s addictive to kill stuff
>>
>>381917662
I played multiple characters and lead a guild. There was nothing to do once you hit R7, which was the cap when I played and the game was a horrible mess of bugs, design flaws and dev incompetence.
>>
Game is fun but "end game" there's too much of a focus on silver grinding for advancement purposes and the end game dungeon is stupid since it takes weeks of running it to get armor and over a month to get weapons. But you can play the game and have fun for hundreds of hours before you notice that, it's a good game.
>>
everyone on /v/ should try this

don't let the game die /v/
>>
Did they fix the janky character animations?
>>
I remember this game being hyped as the "savior" of MMOs. What happened?
>>
File: 1449523491074.png (527KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449523491074.png
527KB, 600x600px
>>381919463
They fucked everything.
>>
>>381919463

It was released before it was finished and people run out of things to do

in a few years this game will be in its proper form, but it is great to play right now - you just wont have 24/7 stuff to do in it once you reach highest level

It did save MMOs, it is the only mmo I actually played in full since Everquest 1
>>
>>381919694
If it did save mmos then why is there a thread begging people to play it and not let it die?
>>
>>381919968

Because of /vg/ - Only people who already play the game see threads about the game. That is why from time to time I post it on /v/ so new players join it.

This game lacks word of mouth is all
>>
>>381916956
have they add other faces yet, default looks unironically like downs
>>
>>381920228
The game lacks half decent combat. A few skills and spamming auto attacks on damage sponge monsters is trash design.
>>
>>381916956
>MMO
>>
there's more to games than being cute

like not being faggy p2w garbage handled by retards and being inferior to games it's trying to imitate (ragnarok online)
>>
>>381919610
please elaborate
>>
>>381916956
Yes i heard this is the spiritual successor of SUCK MY DICK with your shit MMO
>>
>>381920228
This game has a severe lack of being in a good genre i.e. not MMOs
>>
>>381920474
they didn't fuck anything, they made the game better. They are even integrating completion journal as something for all characters rather than individual ones, so if you give up on a character you can just make a new one and keep your ladder progress

they still need to patch swordsmen though, they suck in pvp
>>
>>381916956
Would be better with some class balance and less ridiculous grindan. I wanted to like it, I love the idea of the class system, but it just got real tedious, real fast.
>>
sorry but I only heard bad things about this game from steam reviews
not touching this shit unless you provide proof that the devs are not incompetent
>>
Sadly the game is just a worse RO.
>>
I've only heard bad things about it, and I'm usually pretty picky about my MMOs.

Also, it's published by Nexon.
>>
File: disposablegoods.png (251KB, 508x417px) Image search: [Google]
disposablegoods.png
251KB, 508x417px
It was fun when i used to play daily with a br friend even if the game is terrible.
I miss those days but there's nothing i can do about it really.
>>
>>381921664
as far as I know it's only published by nexon in the gooklands
>>
>>381921912
But they have a huge amount of influence on the developers, is my point.
>>
>>381920826
Everyone playing the game for PvP was retarded, Korean MMO pvp is almost never good and it wasn't even good in RO. They are talking about reworking it though, right now it's pretty much just anyone can one shot anyone.

>>381921225
The steam reviews are a ton of angry BRs at launch about the "staggered early access" thing that they had to abandon due to backlash.
>>
Played it in a beta.
It's a huge mess as far as skills and classes are concerned.

I just wanted another RO ;_;
>>
>>381922024
You shut your whore mouth, RO PvP was amazing.
>>
>>381922287
>Stand in a ball inside magnetic earth and cast spells to kill people zoning into areas with all spell effects turned off

Idk how anyone can pretend that was good.
>>
>>381916956
Because stats do fucking nothing to make your attacks stronger, whats the point in an mmorpg that doesn't allow progression? Also dungeons have massive desync issues.
>>
>>381922451
Is the best choice still stacking +damage from every element and using classes that multihit/hit very fast? That shit was so dumb on launch, way to make 90% of classes shit.
>>
File: 1498127133411.jpg (218KB, 700x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1498127133411.jpg
218KB, 700x1275px
How Tree of Savior has been fixed over the last year:

1. Redid the entire stat and skill formulas to a percent based system

2. Optimized the game's performance to a notable degree

3. Rebalanced classes, most builds are viable now

4. Lessened restrictions on non-Token users

5. Added party queing and queueing for 2 to 4 players

6. Completely removed the quest themepark, you can get from level 1 to 330 and never touch a single quest if you so choose

7. Any kill count or exploration exp cards you earn are shared between all of your characters, including any new characters you might make

8. Increase default character amount to 8 slots
>>
>>381922024
The negative reviews aren't solely due to their scummy practice of the early launch. Did you forget how absolutely unplayable the game was for about a year when it "launched"?
>>
i've been playing the game for a while, with the free item pack on steam its been an ok experience. the most irritating thing is that you can't use the marketplace until a week after you start playing. i started with archer and i've been treating it like a worse, more grindy version of bastion. there are completionist aspects to the game like filling out the whole map or talking to unmarked npcs for optional quests but the game's nothing to write home about. i'm enjoying my time, at least.

i can't say i'd recommend this to anyone. the lag isn't bad at the times it does occur (especially compared to other nexon games and i've seen the fucking worst of what nexon's neglect and incompetency is capable of), but it's... just kind of not amazing? i don't know. lots of fun by myself, but i'd fucking hate to play this game with friends both because the game's got nothing going for it other than grind when you ignore completionist stuff and knowing that i'm making other people suffer in my lame korean mmo games with me.

the best thing i can say about it is that when you've got a build that works, it feels really fucking satisfying. i'm looking forward to getting scout c3+rogue so i can double flare and other bullshit. the character models are also nice when zoomed all the way in, but the player head jittering at anything other than max zoom ruins it a bit. it's one of the only mmos where i've picked playing male over female because the male scout's costume is great, but i'm already regretting that decision because all unique costumes are locked to gender AND base class and male archer has no good costumes. it's kind of lackluster in all departments i guess.

i think the most fun i've had with it is looking for item completion chests in each area. that's not a good bar to set, even if it is fun for my worthless autistic ass.
>>
they had their chance and it was shit. not going to get back into the mess
>>
>>381922839
Sounds good but I don't believe it for a second
>>
Dropped the game before even coming out officially.
>>
Fuck yellowe-eyed flower petal and fuck this game.
>>
>>381923627
Do some research. It's all true.
>>
I tried to play with a friend, but we had a really hard time sticking together while leveling. It seemed like we kept getting split up, and it took forever for me to kill bosses solo as a healer.
>>
>>381924732
Did they fix the shitty quest drop problem where either there's so few monsters that drop the item you need, the drop rate is ridiculously low, or both that it takes hours to finish?
>>
>>381922839
>Completely removed the quest themepark
You better not be lying to me!
That's the main reason why I stopped playing. After getting in a bottleneck with my highest leveled character I decided to try another build to relieve my boredom but got sick of repeating the exact same shit again, thinking how I would have to repeat that many more times when I decide to try other classes.
>>
>>381925052
Now you can basically just ignore quests. Grinding normal mobs and dungeons nets a lot more exp, there are hunting grounds dungeons, Map exploration and kills counts are how you get a majority of your exp and the few missions you do will be easy to keep together on
>>
One of the things I've really disliked is the lack of cool passive skills. All the classes only seemed to offer active abilities. But I only played OBT.

But I'm willing to give it another shot. Are there any viable summoners?
>>
Mmos in general are terrible.

I doubt this is any different.
>>
>>381927272
It's a particularly bad example of one.
>>
>>381916956
>accidentally get block because I play solo
>lmao be shit for the remainder of the game because the only thing that matter is dex
Minmaxing was a mistake
>>
>>381925632
Can you spoon feed me the hunting ground leveling spots? Im downloading the game rn
>>
>>381928019
https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=808
>>
>>381925482
You don't get bottlenecked anymore, however you still have to quest to 50 and queue fot the dungeon for the game to open up more afterwards
>>
>>381927641
???
>>
>>381928504
I don't mind the bottlenecks but I don mind the themepark leveling.
>>
>>381916956
>trying to get people to play this shit
It deserves to die with how incompetent IMC is. The "renewal" patch managed to make the game even shitter in terms of balance. Go back to your dying /vg/ thread.
>>
>>381931049

balance is hard

the game is fun and has potential. The more players, the more $$$, the more balanced it will be
>>
>>381931515
Anyone who has played the game long enough can tell what needs to be balanced. Problem is IMC doesn't. Their customer support can't even answer fucking questions about the game. The game has made plenty of money from steam and they've squandered it every time. There's no reason to put any faith in ToS becoming better and it is just denial at this point for those who still play heavily. Enjoy the shit they feed you my friend.
>>
>>381922839
How did it remove the quest themepark exactly? Did they do something like nerf the exp cards so hard you're better off just grinding?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.