[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
I have many friends who have bought this game and they keep telling me to buy it so we can play together. I watched some gameplays and it looks fun, but I don't have a lot of money for games in this period, so I'm asking for your advice.
>>
>Retarded name
>Literally just grab the nearest gun and set up a camp in some house, then just move when you absolutely have to
>Boils down to you and handful of other people just crawling in grass

Only streamers and ecelebs should bother with this game
>>
>>381907643
Same as you, id say its worth
>>
>>381908154

And yet it's the third game the most played on steam.
>>
Tbh great game but don't pick up during the steam sale. Like factorio, the devs said they won't discount it, so no point buying it right now unless you don't wasn't to get other games in the sale
>>
>>381908154
>I've never played this game: the post
>>
>>381908154
well i played the arma 2 mod when it first came out in the summer of 2012, feels gud to have this game senpai. lol you can eat my nuts. i'm off back to wage cucking so I won't reply to your shit post replt anon.
>>
>>381907643
>Google the developer
>It's a Korean
You never EVER play Korean games, period.
>>
>>381907643
it's an overpriced, "one-time fun" experience - just watch it on youtube or something.
In fact, here's a perfect round overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1TW9r0kwWg
>>
>>381907643
It's an early access game. If you do not know at this point that buying into early access games is an utter scam then you must be willfully ignoring science. Especially at a price tag of $29.99, which is ridiculous. Buy in now if you want to buy a half-finished game with mediocre graphics that will receive meager updates in the future until an inevitable "release" after half-reaching 1/3 of the stated goals of the project, after which point the developer will completely abandon the game.
>>
>>381908416
>>381908832
>>381908989

>BAWWWW don't make fun of my streamer bait gaem
>>
File: sfsfl.jpg (301KB, 931x719px) Image search: [Google]
sfsfl.jpg
301KB, 931x719px
>>381908416
>autistic 12 year olds watching even more autistic streamers doing autistic shit in a shitty early access cashgrab title is somehow proving it's quality
>>
It runs like shit and has a lot of design issues but if you want it buy it. This isn't a good place to ask for advice
>>
>>381909892
How much does it upset you people are genuinely enjoying a game you don't like and haven't played? And why?
>>
It's barebones, pretty unoptimized, and there's easy ways to abuse the third-person view mechanics.
It's also really fucking fun with friends. Squad queue is some of the most fun multiplayer gameplay I've ever had.
Try it out, but it straight up might not be your kind of game. I personally really enjoy it.
>>
>Buy the game on steam
>Hate it, Refund
>Like it, Keep it
So hard I know.
>>
>>381907643
I know it's early access so I know it's shit. That is all the information I need.
>>
>>381909725
I don't think this will happen since Microsoft showed it at e3 I think they'll push to keep development going
>>
>>381910379
>factorio
>long dark
>subnautica

three quality gaems in early access, fite me
>>
>>381909892

I don't even play it you fucking retard, go back to your jrpg stupid faggot
>>
>>381910593
good for you
>he said dryly
>>
http://culture.vg/reviews/in-depth/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-2017-pc.html

now that PUB is considered one of the best games ever made. what will /v/ do?
>>
>>381907643
You can't afford it, so what's the question? Don't buy it.
>>
>>381911342
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09n0qd_n4c0
>>
>>381909075
This. I can never trust a Korean on video games.
>>
What would add to the game to make it better?
>>
>>381907643
>friends want you to play with them
>people who should know you more than any stranger on the internet, suggests playing with them
>make a thread on /v/ instead
go fucking play with your friends you faggot. nobody heres opinion should matter to you mroe than your friends.
>>
>>381909892
Prime example of "Stop likeing what i dont like"

youre pathetic.
>>
>>381911794
This is a very good point, but

>>381909075
is an equally valid point.

In conclusion, OP should _____ ___________ ______.
>>
File: 1468510165550.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468510165550.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>381907643
>>381910539

Only buy garbage like this if you're prepared to put up with all the issues it has and get 90% of the entertainment you will get from it, right now.

Don't buy it because you think 'it will be really good soon'. 85% of the playerbase will jump ship the moment the next twitch bait 'big thing' comes along.

And coming to consoles won't make any difference. Day Z was announced for consoles years ago. It's nowhere in sight and the PC version is still Early Access and they've basically not fixed any of the issues it has
>>
>>381907643
Its DayZ with actualy functional shooting and moovement, its not Battlefield tier of shooting but its fun with friends, Id say actually worth the 30 bucks
>>
>>381912582
>it is like this shit game but functional because you can move and shoot
>it isn't as good as any competitors though
>however it's fun with friends
>which is utterly meaningless because everything is fun with friends
>so yeah it's worth $30!!!
>>
>>381912740
I'm not asking you to buy it faggot, if you dont want it fine but stop sperging evert time somone disturbs your carefully crafted illusion of reality, I to was sceptical but since my best friend bought it and told me it was good while I was WAY more into FPSs than he did I tryed it and I had a blast, lesson of the day: try everything since you can refund it provided youre not a console peasent.
>>
>>381908416

That means jack shit about quality when the first most played game is a MOBA.
>>
It's normalfag bait.

It has shit ballistics, shit gunplay and a shitty game mode.
Why the fuck does the area need to get smaller? Why force encounters? why such casual bullshit? fuck that
>>
File: expectations Battlegrounds.png (2MB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
expectations Battlegrounds.png
2MB, 986x1378px
>>
File: battle_royale.jpg (38KB, 200x317px) Image search: [Google]
battle_royale.jpg
38KB, 200x317px
>>381913271
that's how battle royale fucking works
>>
>>381911575
nothing really. optimize it and fix the menu and i'd say it got its concept across.
>>
File: 1448819278602.jpg (107KB, 656x656px) Image search: [Google]
1448819278602.jpg
107KB, 656x656px
>>381913271
>being so braindead as to blelieve that without the circle of death everyone wouldn't camp their position into eternity
>>
>>381912318
Not touch Korean video games
>>
Come up with a new map that would be fun to play in.
>>
File: pubg-hours.png (200KB, 477x217px) Image search: [Google]
pubg-hours.png
200KB, 477x217px
>>381907643
Already played 223 hours, so yeah it was worth the $22 imo.
>>
This game is shit. It runs terribly and they charge way to much for what you are getting (an early access turd). The only reason people play it is because it's popular with ecelebs on twitch and YouTube.
>>
>>381913964
I haven't watched a twitch stream in years, though I guess the friends that convinced me to buy it do.

Anyway op it's a fun game, easily worth the price tag if you have people to play with. It's a bit buggy but fun nonetheless.
>>
>early access
>Korean
>forces you to lower graphics to the minimum to see what is happening
I wasted 4 hours of my life trying to like this shit. Matches are 90% searching for shit on the floor and camping 5% fleeing from the circle and 5% of actual gameplay
>>
DayZ is better.
But /v/eddit can't handle permadeath and non-forced organic encounters that make your fucking blood boil + real ballistics
>>
>>381913271
>Why the fuck does the area need to get smaller? Why force encounters?

Are you being serious right now
>>
>>381911575
more spawnable weapons

right now you're nearly guaranteed to get your go-to setup every game.

I'd like it to feel more like scavenging, but more improtantly I'd like to be able to go for a couple viable builds and still have fun .

also new maps sound exciting, I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>381915437

Yes, makes the game shit and artificial and unrealistic.
>>
>>381915737
And what happens when there are few people left all at opposite ends of the map ?
>>
>>381915842
They all sit inside their respective buildings for the rest of time. :^)
>>
>>381915737
It's a fucking video game. If you want to play a rela life simulator go outside.
>>
>>381907643
It's a very slow game. I honestly suggest saving your money for another game. You're more likely to die to some one shooting you in the back prone in a field or hiding than you are to actually shoot some one. It isn't exactly hard to win but, it isn't fun to abuse the terrain and game mechanics and hope some one isn't behind you or watching you as you cross a field. Picking up items can sometimes be frustrating. If you had to pick between h1z1 and battlegrounds I'd go for h1z1 but, more importantly just save your cash.
>>
>>381916231
What are the key differences between h1z1 and pubg?
>>
>>381916596
one has more players
>>
>>381916596
H1z1 is much more fast paced where abusing game mechanics and adapting your aim to them is far more important. Pubg is more about playing smart and patient by moving in between cover and terrain and knowing where players will most likely move while attempting to spot needles in several haystack. The Main difference is the skill ceiling both games have. Pubg is much easier than h1z1.

The Difference between a good player and a bad player ni h1z1 is the good player's aim, movement and positioning will be much better than a bad player. Pubg a good player will know the terrain well enough to know exactly where to travel to ensure they have all the cover they need while abusing common player routes.
>>
>>381917003
>Spelling mistakes.

Sorry buddy, just woke up.
>>
>>381911575
>optimize the game so it runs decently
>tweak movement mechanics so it isn't as stilted
>reduce starting vehicle fuel to encourage picking up gas cans
>set it so densely populated areas are prone to bombing, not just randomly assigned city locations
>increase recoil on ARs and reduce Sniper rifle dominance
other than that just keep adding new features like vaulting
>>
>>381917318
This guy gets it.
>>
>>381908416
still behind a 17 year old custom map for warcraft and a half life mod
>>
I'd hold off until it's actually finished
Which is never
>>
Never buy flavor of the month games, even if your friends pressure you into getting it.

They'll play it for 2 weeks then get bored and move on. Just put up with their bitching and eventually you'll be the better person for not wasting money on trivial trash.
>>
>>381916596
PUB is a battle royale which plays similar to ARMA/Dayz.

H1Z1 is more arcadey and fast paced. If you prefer a more tactical experience, go PUB. If you prefer more on the fly action, go H1.
>>
File: Mass Effect Best.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect Best.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
bombing should penetrate buildings so it acts as a mechanic to flush people out of city centers

Y/N
>>
>>381920872
>Never buy flavor of the month games
Good thing PUBG isn't one then.
>>
>>381923249
Yeah it's even worse, it's streamer bait.
>>
In it's current state it's worse (and somehow buggier) than ArmA 3's Battle Royale mod. And at least if you buy ArmA 3 you have more gameplay options.

This game is a glorified mod and is not worth 30 dolleroos, not even 20.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.