[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you take the shot or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: wzhity6.jpg (437KB, 1393x779px) Image search: [Google]
wzhity6.jpg
437KB, 1393x779px
Do you take the shot or not?
>>
No because XCOM is trash and I only perfect masterpieces like Minecraft or Call Of Duty.
>>
Moving to cover and using Overwatch is better than missing the shot because of this kind of bullshit and then being left out in the open where the xenos will fuck you sideways.
>>
>65% chance to hit a target literally clipping inside of your gun barrel
this is why i could never get into XCOM.
>>
File: IMG_1752.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1752.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
God this game is so shit.

The fucking art direction is atrocious. The "aliens" no longer look like aliens. They just look like generic mutants. Oh and the Advent enemies are boring as fuck.
>>
>>381902802
And what does an alien look like?
>>
File: 1428262012000.jpg (173KB, 1280x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1428262012000.jpg
173KB, 1280x1320px
>>381902924
>>
File: IMG_1754.jpg (49KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1754.jpg
49KB, 900x900px
>>381902924
They look like they're from another planet. The viper is furry-tier garbage. A snake isn't alien. There are generic robot enemies that aren't even alien(advent mec, sectopod, codex,). The archon looks like a final fantasy enemy.

Oh and they removed the Ethereal enemies even though they were one of the most iconic enemies in the series.

Don't forget about the mass effect aliens in the expansion.
>>
>>381902802
It's almost like the lore is that they spliced human dna into their species
>>
>>381903615
>years of aliens having genetically mixed with humans they start looking less alien
No shit.
>>
File: nigga what.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
nigga what.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>381903770

>using """"lore"""" to excuse shitty design
>>
File: IMG_1473.jpg (410KB, 2078x2078px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1473.jpg
410KB, 2078x2078px
>>381903815
Defend this you fucking faggot.

Go ahead, fucking try.
>>
>>381903929
seriously, what the fuck were they thinking??
>>
>>381903907
Oh hello Pete Hines. Fuck you fags for even making me know that name.
>>
>>381904030
They weren't thinking at all. Only a literal retard would approve this design.
>>
>>381902603
Yes because snake aliens and telepathy and shit is perfectly fine but %chance to hit mechanic sometimes looking retarded is a deal breaker
>>
>>381902086
After playing The Bureau XCOM Declassified I've understood give pain that give soldiers have in the battlefield. Honestly I shot those fuckers so many times but they're too slick. While We're on the subject, Weir's ending is best ending and I fucking loved the shit they pulled with the Spokesman at the end, and how Enemy Unknown's music started playing. It was a great game with good production values but its connection to XCOM is what sadly killed it.
>>
>>381903929
Xcom 2 is such overrated trash it's incredible.
>>
>>381902603
an assault rifle is not an ideal weapon at 1 meters
it's like you give him order to fire and the creature is already too close use your imagination nerd
>>
>>381904030
They were going for the look the soldiers had in X-COM: UFO Defense's intro but instead of protecting Earth they're with the aliens. Also just want to say that their intro of teleporting onto they battlefield, walking torwards to to fuck you up with the psi ball they conjured up, and the emanation of the elder inside of them looming behind them left me fucking awestruck.
>>
>>381902086
God this is why I hated Xcom 2 at times. Many times I had an alien dead to rights and not in cover at all. Should easily have a 90% chance (if not better) to bit it yet it usually would be a 70% or under. And if it were under 65% I never fucking hit the damn thing....like ever.

>on the other hand I would be in full cover and this faggot would always hit my soldiers

Overall the game was okay, but this shit pissed me off.
>>
How do you even get this to happen? I don't think I've ever seen lower than 80% on close range flanking shots with the assault rifle.

That said, the hit chance is controllable. To be honest, the assault rifle isn't the weapon you use to go point blank with. Shotguns or the sword will give you 90% in this scenario at the least, but most the time you'll have a 100%.

The hit chance is part of the strategy. Min-maxing risk. And using the right weapons/equipment for the right situations. If you had it so everyone landed every shot all the time the game would be funky because then your options are either, cover is pointless or cover completely blocks shots so your only strategy ever is to turtle/flank.
>>
>>381903929
>ayy lmaos port souls into the bodies of random human fuckers
>>
>>381902802
Many of the aliens were mutated with human DNA.
>>
>>381904687
it's a fucking human with troll hair and a purple facemask
no lore, effects or whatever going to make it a well designed enemy
it's shit and that's it
they could've go with a NORMAL fucking soldier in armor emitting a visible psi aura and get something better, but this shit is a joke
>>
>>381904839
Thats the joke of the image. There is a cover object between them, but you cant see it from the angle.
>>
Common misconception that the closer you get with a gun the more accurate it becomes. The game never explains this but think of the sniper rifle for example. The sniper rifle becomes less accurate the closer you get. The same goes for the assault rifle to an extent. There's an optimal range to be at with it, point blank not being it. If you want to rush down enemies and go point blank add more assault/Shinobi to your squad, or just equip shotguns to anyone that you're allowed to. I think the heavy machine gun also gets accurate if you get really close with it, but it comes with a movement penalty.
>>
Ughh da aliunz not overdesigned to hell and back like in my animez so I dont liek it. Shit game.
>>
>>381905284
Nigger I know that it's a fucking visual mess but one look at that thing and I KNOW they were harkening back to this shit here. XCOM had some silly shit with its designs back in the day and when I saw that I went fucking estatic. Maybe it's just the differences between both series that's bothering you, but fuck man if you played UFO Defense and then see THIS fucker after so many years of not playing the original you'd go crazy too.
>>
>>381905313
No there isnt, this sectoid is flanked. The yellow icon means that the enemy is flanked. However the tiny green arrows on the yellow icon indicate that he's been buffed in some way. This could be a few different things. But based on the image shown this looks to be early game since the soldier is using a basic assault rifle. So the main possibility (maybe the only one really) is that the sectoid is hunkered down. If that's the case the sectoid is basically dead anyways, the enemy usually only hunker down when they can't think of a single beneficial move to make so they just default to trying to not die until more aliens can enter the field and save them. Either from another pod that hasn't been popped yet or a reinforcements ship.
>>
>>381905772
what are you even talking about, those were mutons
>>
>>381905772
How the fuck does the avatar harken back to the UFO defense?
>>
XCOM is shit
>>
File: 37841-X-Com_-_UFO_Defense_[U]-1.png (102KB, 785x632px) Image search: [Google]
37841-X-Com_-_UFO_Defense_[U]-1.png
102KB, 785x632px
>>381906145
>>381906209
These niggers here specifically. I'm not trying to defend the designs because I can get how you think it's sjitty, but to me it reminds me of the time when I first saw a Sectoid during a night mission and it became a bit of a psychological horror mission with the grotesque sounds in the background with enemy's turn card only showing up.
>>381906416
You're shit.
>>
>>381905882
Hunkering down gives no benefits from flanked shots. The player failed a hack which gave a defense boost to all enemies.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.