[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How were you supposed to know what to do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 12.jpg (34KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
34KB, 700x525px
How were you supposed to know what to do?
>>
>>381899540
People tried stuff out and were paying attention. Nowadays gamers spend half their time playing fiddling with their phones or talking to their Twitch streams.
See all those LPers who run past obvious secrets or who get lost in a simple corridor? That's the average person playing games today.
>>
File: 1498396135307.jpg (238KB, 623x735px) Image search: [Google]
1498396135307.jpg
238KB, 623x735px
>>381900810
>tfw streamers and LPers are the target audience for vidya now
I miss the days of clicking on every inch of a wall to find a secret in doom. Now a collectable could be glowing like a super nova and people still just walk right past them and get pissy when their stream chat yell at them for it, saying something like "How was I supposed to know!?"
>>
>>381901479
>I miss the days of clicking on every inch of a wall to find a secret in doom.
Come the fuck on, dude. I know you've got a great big nostalgiaboner for things you experienced when you were a kid, but you MISS pixel hunts? Go fuck yourself. Just putting a secret behind a nondescript section of wall that you have to mash spacebar against is not clever or interesting or more valid than whatever stupid modern thing you hate. It was a shitty way to do secrets then and it would be a shitty way now. Take off your rose-colored glasses and recognize how unfun that activity is, immediately.
>>
>>381899540
Please, elaborate on this.
How were you supposed to know what?
>>
>>381899540
By not being stupid.
>>
>>381901779
This bro gets it, and speaks the Lord's truth.
>>
>>381901801
The square thing is a portal that you have to go through but the portal only works if you go in the way opposite to the door you came in from. If you go in the way facing the door you don't go anywhere.
>>
>>381899540

That game has some great environmental puzzles and portal usage that you don't really see around much.

Trial and error, and to be honest even if you're just guessing it takes maybe a minute or two to figure out roughly where to go.

>>381901779
Also this dude is absolutely correct.
>>
I played this game earlier this month for the first time and i fucking loved it.
You get stuck just the right ammount of time in each area until you figure out what to do.

What a great game. How does the new one hold up?
>>
How was i supposed to know I had to jump from the top of the deku tree into the spider web?
>>
I played this game back before I got married. Fucking loved it then. Wish I had kept the physical copy. Where does one get it now?
>>
>>381903343
You gotta pirate it.
>>
>>381899540
Buy the guide book, goy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.