[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the next leap in the hack n slash genre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: god_of_war_kratos_ps4-wide.jpg (1MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
god_of_war_kratos_ps4-wide.jpg
1MB, 2880x1800px
>focus on good characters without mindless zany, wacky characters with one liners out the ass
>grounded story without played out anime tropes that other series rely on
>beloved gameplay returns with some tweaks for the better (camera giving the player a better connection to Kratos for his brutal attacks and moments with his son)
>no qtes
>no combo meter
>art style is consistent throughout the entire game

Granted we don't know how it's gong to turn out, but this gives me hope that the hack n slash genre won't die.
>>
No but I'm sure it will be the best output for western hack and slash since it will be about the only one. Wait for Devil may cry to return or for Itsuno to make a new hack n slash ip. Or maybe platinum will stop reusing mgr combat system and just tweaking it
>>
It's a TLoU reskin. Even the original GOW took more skill.
>>
>hack n slash genre
just wait for the next diablo
>>
>>381891473
>ebin beard
How is this an acceptable redesign? They basically just pasted a beard onto the old model.
>>
Remember when action games were called action games instead of "hack and slash" games? /v/ doesn't.
Remember when Diablo 2 was a hack and slash game? /v/ doesn't.
Remember when people made fun of story heavy action games? /v/ doesn't.
>>
>>381891473
The hack and slash genre is diablo and the like, not DMC or GoW.
>>
>>381891473
Streets of Rage 3D Stylized Graphics Enemies Are SJWs
>>
>>381891473
You're kidding yourself if you think this is good or that it would get somewhere.
>>
File: 1497357747876.png (181KB, 396x197px) Image search: [Google]
1497357747876.png
181KB, 396x197px
you're a fucking faggot and anyone who takes you seriously should just fuckk off.
>>
>>381891473
>grounded story
Oh yeah real glad my story about god killing is grounded, truly the pinnacle of the art form
>>
>>381891473
Yeah, fuck all that pesky gameplay, let's have cinematic experiences instead.
>>
>>381892705
>>381893279
When did people start calling gow and dmc hack-n-slash
>>
File: Bayonetta 2.jpg (46KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta 2.jpg
46KB, 1100x500px
to be honest god of war feels so fucking bland after playing bayonetta and mgr
it focuses on looking flashy while the gameplay is just a cheap excuse to sell it as a videogame, the other 2 games actually bother doing both things right
>>
>>381891473
Honestly, the combat looks like they looked at Skyrim's combat in third person, and then looked at Dark Souls' combat and said "Let's mash it together and see what happens"

It looks good. Graphics are breathtaking. It doesn't look as fast-paced as the first three GoW games
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.