[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: original (1).jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
original (1).jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
What went wrong?
>>
>>381887637
Trico has the most annoying AI

NO don't tell me "it's realistic', it still fucking sucks for the player
>>
Nothing.

Getting picked up by the armor got annoying in spots but I blame me being retarded/not knowing the encounter.
>>
Letting it come out in the first place.

Whatever happened in the 10 years it took to make the game fucked it. But people wouldn't let it go and baggered Sony every year about it until canceling it quietly wasn't an option.

Sometimes you have to let games go.
>>
Sony meddling
Ueda leaving 6 years before the game came out should tell you something.
>>
>>381887637
It's a very mediocre and forgettable experience as expected after years of development hell. Trico's AI is pretty bad. It doesn't even come close to Ico or SotC.
>>
>>381887637
Too long to release, by then hype was all gone
>>
Am I the only one that never had any problems with Tricos AI? He always does what you want from him if you point him at the right spot, he just doesn't do it immediatly
>>
Nothing

Years from now it'll be considered a masterpiece like Ico.
>>
Having to buy THEPRO just for non-shit framerate which is why I still haven't played it.
>>
>>381889517
hahahahaha no
>>
File: ffxv.jpg (754KB, 1280x661px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv.jpg
754KB, 1280x661px
>>381888252

>Sometimes you have to let games go.

Yep.
>>
>>381887637

There is nothing wrong. The game is what they promised. This isn't a mgsv/nu man's sky situation.
The thing is, people liked the concept, but not the actual execution. Babysitting a gigantic beast might be magical if you watch the trailers, but actually doing it in a game can become a frustrating experience.
>>
>>381887637
>10 years
I'll always remember The Last Guardian as being one of my favorite games.
>>
>>381889517
Pretty much this.
I think most people just like to mimic what their favourite youtubers say instead of playing the game.

I put it down to people relying to much on just calling and pointing to what you want trico to do instead of using the other face buttons to give the correct command.
>>
>>381887637
Nothing.
Shitty frame-rate a camera aside
>>
>>381894296
and*
>>
It's a singleplayer puzzle adventure that was supposed to come out 10 years ago. The thing is in 10 years standards changed and singleplayer puzzle adventures are pretty much the standard for cheap indie games now.
>>
>>381894380
>cheap indie games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEk8a1OE1J4
>>
>>381889280
then you're lucky i really struggled mostly with the jump part
>>
>>381887782
After getting the platinum and playing through several times, there are definitely tricks to making sure Trico does exactly what you tell him and as soon as you tell him:
>Jump twice quickly with the Boy pointed directly at the destination while near his wings as this will direct his head in that direction and force the 'grunt' of confirmation from Trico
>When doing a series of automatic jumps, use the camera to lead Trico's eyeline to the next jump
>Riding Trico is not usually the fastest, in areas with a large amount of open space, it is faster to walk/run yourself to the general vicinity as Trico will run after you instead of a slow walk while you're riding him

Other than frame drops and a few instances of camera fuckery, the game is a narrative masterpiece with accessible and rewarding puzzles. SotC barely wins best Ueda game.
>>
>>381895038
There's an interesting mechanic that let you do whatever you want with Trico.
Basically you need to make eye contact with him while spamming orders, in fact if you are on top of his head or in a place where he can't see you he will ignore the commands or will react very slowly to them.
I read this stuff in the companion book, there are a lot of tips and analysis of Trico's AI
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.