[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OG nier was better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 28

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
OG nier was better
>>
>>381887357
It definitely was. But because Automata has waifubait in it, it attracted thousands of pathetic permavirgins hyping this game or ironically liking it to fit in.
>>
>>381887578
papa was a better character than 9whine and 2Butts
>>
>>381887357
>>381887578
Go replay NieR. Because you clearly haven't played it within the last few years.
>>
>>381887803
I just replayed it anon, gameplay was worse but what matters in a nier game (story, characters, music) are better

Gameplay in N:A was not stellar either
>>
>>381887861
>Gameplay in N:A was not stellar either

Compared to the best Platinum games? Sure. Compared to NieR? It's night and day. NieR is a tedious amateurish mess compared to Automata. Even purely from a quality of life standpoint, Automata makes NieR look like hot garbage.

>story, characters, music

Characters maybe, music is arguable (but Automata executes it better in-game), story absolutely not. NieR's story is swiss cheese, so many problems could have been easily resolved if the villains were even remotely competent, and the meat of the plot is exposition dumped at the end. Not to mention that Automata's routes/endings are far better in terms of pacing and content, NieR just has you replay the second half over and over except with some added cutscenes and an extra crappy boss.
>>
>>381888318
Automata has terrible pacing and the themes of the story are unoriginal and barely interesting at all though.
>>
Does anyone have tips for fishing? It's the last thing I have to do and I keep catching the same shit at every location
>>
File: 1495991877304.jpg (149KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495991877304.jpg
149KB, 700x700px
I agree. The story in the original just hit home more.
But the combat wasn't as good as in automata.
>>381888318
Bitch, the music of the original was so good, they put it in automata.
>>
File: 1481806826519.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1481806826519.png
200KB, 500x276px
>>381887357
>2B BUTT THREAD THICC MUH WAIFU
>430 posts

>OG Nier was better, lets discuss the games
>9 posts, will probably die at 20
>>
>>381889291
Automata is more popular than the original Nier. What do you expect?
>>
>>381887357
>was
It still is.
I don't get why people circlejerk over Cucktomata, probably the robot asses.
Music is bland spare 4-5 tracks.
Platforming and movement in general is abysmal.
Combat is the typical Platinum button mash shitfest.
Spells feel infinitely worse and about 60% of them are useless.
Great game Yoko Tardo!
>>
>>381889698
>probably the robot asses
Literally this. Ironic weebs are the most lucrative way to make money these days. No matter how bad the game is, as long as there is waifushit in it they WILL buy it. Look at shit like Neptunia, Senran Kagura and other mediocre as fuck games that still sell tons of copies. No one would care about these games in the slightest if there were male characters in it.
>>
>>381889698
>Music is bland spare 4-5 tracks.
The original game had like 3 memorable tracks
>Platforming and movement in general is abysmal.
Still miles better than NieR
>Combat is the typical Platinum button mash shitfest.
Still miles better than NieR
>Spells feel infinitely worse and about 60% of them are useless.
As opposed to NieR where the only relevant spell was Lance?
>>
>>381888951
>Automata
>terrible pacing

lmao fuck off shitter
>>
>>381889970
>Music is bland spare 4-5 tracks.
>The original game had like 3 memorable tracks
Snow in the Summer, Cold Steel Coffin, Hills of Radiant Winds, Song of The Ancients, Song of The Ancients Fate, Wretched Automatons, The Lost Forest, Grandma, Kaine's Theme, Temple of Drifting Sands, Gods Bound by Rules, The Dark Colossus Destroys All, Shadowlord's Castle Memory/Roar, Shadowlord, Disposetion...I can keep going
>Platforming and movement in general is abysmal.
>Still miles better than NieR
Gravitating off and to ledges is "better" apparently
>Combat is the typical Platinum button mash shitfest.
>Still miles better than NieR
Shitty queued up animations that you have to cancel to get out of along with permanent autistic dodge spam in higher difficulties
>Spells feel infinitely worse and about 60% of them are useless.
>As opposed to NieR where the only relevant spell was Lance?
Dark Lance, Dark Blast, Dark Phantasm, Dark Hand, not to mention Dark Execution (spears) wasn't completely fucking useless
>>
>>381890241
Along with terrible pacing, it has forgettable characters, boring story and predictable endings.
>>
Yoko taro makes great games with compelling themes that make you feel something unlike any others.

However the fact so many important story details and plot to both NieR games are found in outside materials such as novels and the stage play make them hard to recommend.
>>
The only reason OG Nierfags are acting so contrarian is because their beloved niche series is now mainstream.

Automata was better in EVERY regard. Even the story was more consistent and not riddled with holes like the first game.
>>
>>381890569
That's less than 60% of the spells dude.

Automata has all of those, plus power wave, bombs, wire, blades, Gravity, the fact that the shield spells actually work now. The only crummy ones are healing and stasis (and even they have their use), and spears getting completely obsoleted by wave
>>
>>381887357

I liked them both about the same, for different reasons
>>
>>381890569
Nier Automata had ZA WARUDO

Literally nothing in the original comes close in terms of spells.
>>
>>381891064
You're right, the story can't be riddled with plot holes like the first game, since in it's very essence it's one huge fucking plot hole.
>>
>>381891298
Sparing the wall/magic absorb abilities, the original didn't NEED anything else.
>>
>>381887357
Not with that fucking fishing it wasn't.
>>
File: 1486837638489.jpg (806KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486837638489.jpg
806KB, 1920x1200px
Why was OG NieR so comfy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqQlKem4GL0
>>
File: 1492750329486.jpg (188KB, 1000x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1492750329486.jpg
188KB, 1000x1227px
I love how pretty much everyone who says Nier 1 is better than Automata immediately demonstrates a knowledge of Nier 1 that borders on the obsessive. It makes it easy to totally disregard their heavily weighted opinion.
>>
Can I ask something about the story?
The "humans" that were wiped out by the machines was all replicants right? So who made YoRHa? Was it replicants or something else?
>>
>>381891578
>he actually cares for the game/franchise, so I disregard his opinion
>>
>>381891683
The machines didn't wipe out humanity, that was dead before the aliens even got there thanks to WCS and the failed attempt to split body and soul after the shadowlord died. All the humans relapsed, went crazy, and died. Androids were put in charge of the replicant program, and they're the ones who did everything.
>>
>>381891308
>one huge fucking plot hole

I'm assuming this is bait but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Elaborate.
>>
>>381891683
Androids made Yorha. At the heart of project Yorha were the androids Pod 42 and 9S were based off.
>>
>Nier Automata has bad gameplay
https://youtu.be/l4QB9hJ1jvQ?t=42
>>
>>381891578
Haha, yeah, being knowledgeable about a certain game makes your opinion inferior to those who consumed the same game casually.
>>
>>381891842
Not that guy but being overly into anything clouds your judgement.

Example: People who constantly read visual novels and get manipulated by "muh feels" unironically believe that their favourite VNs can rival masterpieces of literature.
>>
>>381891064
>The only reason OG Nierfags are acting so contrarian is because their beloved niche series is now mainstream.
Not one of them, but i can understand how they feel as their rather obscure franchise given to the crowd like a Swedish girl who accidentally wandered into muslim ghetto. But creator decided he wants more shekels from more audience, nothing can be done about it.
>>
>>381887357

All OG Nier did better was boss fights, and comfy towns.

Both stellar games though.
>>
File: A2 combo.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
A2 combo.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>381892129

It had fine gameplay, it's just wasted on slow clunky robots that present no challenge.
>>
>>381892406
Boss designs, Id say the majority of Automata's bosses were better designed fights. Although they look less impressive for the most part.
>>
>it's "contrarians come crawling out of shitholes to shitpost about two great games" episode
>>
>>381892159
It does though. You're too close to Taro's weird little fantasy world. Of course you would thoughtlessly reject anything other than the same static universe you spent so much time studying before Automata was even announced.

Plus, after wasting so much of your life pouring over Taro's shitty stage plays and other supplemental material you're probably really eager to justify the energy you've wasted.
>>
>>381892558

Automata just has a lot of literal balls for enemies.
>>
>>381892649
Are you even aware you're wasting your time discussing a game's universe you don't particularly enjoy? Wew lad.
>>
>>381892650
All of them are some of the most memorable bosses in the whole game, and it fits thematically as all the strongest machines eventually achieve spherical form judging by the lore.
>>
>>381892558
As someone who loves the game it pains me to say this but bosses were extremely underwhelming in Automata

The only really memorable bosses design-wise were Simone and Koshi+Roshi because of the perspective switching.

All the flight bosses were a meme. All the 2D plane bosses were terrible.

Some bosses were great because of their emotional impact but they were still weak from a gameplay standpoint (Red Girls, A2 hacking, Emil clones).
>>
>>381892129
Juggling somehow equates to good gameplay?
Elaborate please.
>>
>>381892792
>implying I'm not taking a shit irl while I shit on your argument here
The Nier franchise is great. The worst thing about Nier is having to talk to OG Nier fans.
>>
>>381892650
I do sort of appreciate how the machines all share a common design and even the bigger badder or unique machines still look like amalgations of the same basic design with decorations just strapped on.
>>
>>381892897
So about the same as the original Nier then.
>>
File: 1498347133894.webm (3MB, 1150x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498347133894.webm
3MB, 1150x720px
>>381887357

>sequel comes out
>contrarians crawl out of the woodwork calling the first game better for no reason even though the sequel improves upon almost everything
>>
>>381892990
The worst things about the series is having to tolerate the existence of Cucktomata/Faggengard 3 fans.
>>
I enjoyed Automata better.
Altough, I played them in wrong order, so I got those wow moments backwards but I enjoyed them nonentheless very much.
I wish Taro gets the budget to remake OG Nier.
>>
Did they fix the Nvidia crash?
>>
>>381893272
We predicted it two years before the Automata release and it worked like clockwork.
Add summerfags to the mix too.
>>
>>381893272
No it doesn't, literally everything feels worse.
You faggots are just shilling for it because XDDD le robot butts.
>>
File: IMG_3524.jpg (95KB, 844x958px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3524.jpg
95KB, 844x958px
>>381887357
Nah. Only thing OG has over Automata are these:
>Grimoire Weiss. Pod 042 was surpsisingly great, but he wasn't as great as Weiss.
>Comfier cities. As Papa Nier said, "the world is winding down". As opposed to a fucking war going on in Automata.

That's it really. I was emotionally moved more in Automata, and playing it wasn't as much of a slog.
>>
>>381893891
>literally everything feels worse

Go on.
>>
>>381894498
>Comfier cities
Bunker has a really dreamlike feeling to it.
>>
>>381893891
>discussing a game released this year that's now on sale on multiple platforms
>shilling

God you're fucking stupid.
>>
File: 2big.png (346KB, 1181x711px) Image search: [Google]
2big.png
346KB, 1181x711px
>>381887357
Automata was a mistake, the amount of shit headed ironic wiafu weebs that has flooded the fan base is sicking. 2B is a flat lifless character to boot.
>>
>>381887729
No he isn't.
>>
File: average weeb.png (415KB, 600x784px) Image search: [Google]
average weeb.png
415KB, 600x784px
>>381894887
Best post so far. Literally this.
>>
>>381894693
>>381889698
>>381889970
>>381890569
>>
>>381894887
>2B is a flat lifless character to boot.
which is why she's not the main character, and rather just a lens for the actual main character.
>>
i don't get you guys forcing automata is waifu waifu weeb weeb. i mean sure it was made in japan but i never felt it being too anime or did it contain fanservice for virgin betas in the game besides the internet reaction and fan arts.
yeah sure the butt was nice and all but that didn't distract me as much from enjoying everything in the game.
>>
>>381895464
Have you seen the Automata general over at /vg/?
By your statement I can determine that you probably haven't.
>>
File: 20170626032724_1.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170626032724_1.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
>>381895319

Music in both games are almost identical though, this is just being plain contrarian. Also the "spells" are literally taken out of Nier with a few extras added on. The complain about the platforming makes absolutely no sense as it feels just as slippery as it did in Nier.

You're just being contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>381895656
every single community on /v/ is shit
>>
>>381895656
Not him, but as a FFXIV player who once went to check the /vg/ thread I can only imagine how the Atomata general looks.
>>
File: 1497084756826.gif (2MB, 311x362px) Image search: [Google]
1497084756826.gif
2MB, 311x362px
>>381890652
>you're part of a project spurred on by an AI to fight an enemy invasion but a few rogue units you foil the plan to sacrifice all of your own to inspire the Android forces and prevent them from laying down arms and coexisting with the machine race created by alien invaders who were killed by their own creations once they realized that fighting humanity was a threat to their own existence but then realized that eliminating the androids would remove all evolutionary pressure and triggered an existential crisis at the core of machine network that culminates in the main characters learning that humanity has been extinct for centuries and the lie has been perpetuated by the machine network but the network's encounter with 2B, 9S, and A2 has allowed it to gain new insight on how to advance itself without perpetual war and we end with a glimmer of hope for a new future for life on earth
>predictable
>>
>>381887357
haven't played OG nier so I'm going to disagree with you
>>
File: CxwXREWXcAA05OX.jpg (14KB, 353x356px) Image search: [Google]
CxwXREWXcAA05OX.jpg
14KB, 353x356px
>play automata
>get first ending
>its supposed to be an emotional scene with 2B showing emotions and shit
>the whole fucking scene gets completly destroyed by the fact that her skirt is gone and she stands there in fucking underwear around the waist

Whoever thought it was a good idea deserves to get slapped. It wasnt like this in the fight, so it definitely was an intentional choice.
>>
>>381895831

>reading comprehension

He said the endings were predictable, not the plot itself. And yes, the endings played out exactly how I thought they would with the exception of E, cause never before has a Taro game ended with anything resembling happiness.
>>
>>381895656
i don't. i think /v/ just hates what the fanbase has become actually now that you mentioned it.
>>
>>381895464
Waifu fags are the worst. They find something they like and they latch onto it becoming a very vocal minority and they demand the character be in every subsequent game and that they never grow as a character and keep the same shitty flat personality forever. They don't give a fuck about the game, it's story who made it the game play the music the atmosphere they care about 2B being the perfect (select your shitty waifu archetype) and the game series suffers for it. The publisher/dev sees "what the fans really want" and push creativity aside to keep them happy.
As far as "ree weeb" that's just people useing whatever they can to bash the game with. lets be realistic if you are on 4chan and not a normie you likely like jp shit, but you look for any chink in the aromor to bash others with and "weeb" is an effective one.
>>
>>381896026
>fights one of the strongest machines on a planet who bombards the area with magical nukes
>dress gets torn off
and the problem is
>>
>>381896151
>he missed the point of the game

The endings were supposed to be predictable because they foreshadowed the shit out of them. E was supposed to be the surprise because being trapped in a cycle of unavoidable and predetermined events was a theme of the game.
>>
>>381895748
Platforming in NIER was solid and jumps felt percise.
The music which IS present in both games is more often than not a very shitty remix in Automata which doesn't do the original any justice.
Also do tell me how the spells "taken out of Nier" are better?
And as far as me being contrarian for the sake of it, I dare you to prove that the only attention this shitheap of a game got wasn't over it's weeb bait waifu cancer factor.
>>
>>381896026
>leotards are underwaer
>>
>>381896372
>is more often than not a very shitty remix
there's like 5-6 remixes out of 46 compositions
die
>>
>>381896448
>emotional moment
>MCs butthole is taking up 90% of the screen
>>
>>381896353
I don't know how predictable they were I wasn't expecting 9S to survive, I expected 2B was going to have to kill him even before knowing about 2E. B is the same ending, but once again I saw something unexpected when the whole thing played out with N2 sitting yucking it up in the background. And for D I didn't expect the machines built the tower to fuck off to space and you can even go on their gay cruise if you want. The only really predictable ending for me was C.
>>
File: rly nigga.png (694KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rly nigga.png
694KB, 600x600px
>>381896372
>Platforming in NIER was solid and jumps felt percise

In that case, I'll say the same about Automata, because I know you're full of shit as I've replayed both this month and they're both slippery as fuck.

>The music which IS present in both games is more often than not a very shitty remix in Automata which doesn't do the original any justice.

So why are you only focusing on the music that was borrowed? What about the other 40 odd tracks?

>Also do tell me how the spells "taken out of Nier" are better?

I never said they were better. You claimed the spells in Nier were better when most of the spells in Nier are in Automata in different forms, like the slam-down hammer and spears.

>And as far as me being contrarian for the sake of it, I dare you to prove that the only attention this shitheap of a game got wasn't over it's weeb bait waifu cancer factor.

Why does it matter how it got popular? You're literally trying your hardest to hate it just because it's popular. Your superiority complex over these games is so fucking stupid and pointless. Instead of being happy Nier actually got a sequel and has garnered attention, yoi're behaving like a child who doesn't want to share his toys.

You are the worst.
>>
>>381896353
>every story must have crazy twists for it to be good
t. American
>>
File: 1489291788746.png (330KB, 554x522px) Image search: [Google]
1489291788746.png
330KB, 554x522px
The fact that a nier sequel exists is nothing short of a miracle. Both are good for different reasons.
>>
>>381896971
>Instead of being happy Nier actually got a sequel and has garnered attention, you're behaving like a child who doesn't want to share his toys.

this x100

>>381897139
>The fact that a nier sequel exists is nothing short of a miracle

EXACTLY like holy fuck I know it's summer but god damn
>>
>>381889698
>Spells feel infinitely worse
Automata has all spells of original game and new, way more powerful on top of them, not to mention 3 pod firing modes with their own upgrades, ridiculous shit that is a level 3 pod b and 9S who can override pod program cooldowns as it continues to run while he's hacking.
I won't even bother with the rest of your post, shitheap.
>>
>>381888951
>Automata has terrible pacing

Get absolutely fucked. It has non-stop action, and great pacing. It also doesn't make you play the same half part of the game 4-5 times. Nier has fucking horrible pacing compared to Automata, it's the one thing they fixed.
>>
Endings and all second part of Automata look so fucking stupid. None of it would have happened that way if A2 just said one fucking thing to 9S immediately upon meeting him - "i have 2B backup data", she knew that he had every single reason to want it. But we wouldn't have had forced drama that way. so nope.
>>
>>381897654
they were acting like irrational humans
>>
>>381896971
>So why are you only focusing on the music that was borrowed? What about the other 40 odd tracks?
Only liked about 2-3 of them, namely the ruined city, the amusement park and the general boss theme

>Why does it matter how it got popular? You're literally trying your hardest to hate it just because it's popular. Your superiority complex over these games is so fucking stupid and pointless. Instead of being happy Nier actually got a sequel and has garnered attention, yoi're behaving like a child who doesn't want to share his toys.
Wrong, I've wanted a good Nier sequel since I first played it the day it came out. However this is not it, this is weeb garbage that has garnered the worst type of attention and has effectively set in stone that every continuation for both Drakengard and Nier from this point on will be cancerous weeb waifu garbage. I regret ever wanting a sequel at this point in time.
My only consolation is that these fucking degenerates have absolutely no way of going back and retrospectively ruining the actually good games.
>>
>>381897654
>i have 2B backup data

No she didn't, she merely had fragments of her imagination. Not all her data.

Try actually playing the fucking game.

Could point the same flaw of Kaine not saying shit even though the understands Shadespeak.
>>
>>381897891
>Only liked about 2-3 of them
No, you shit eating contrarian, Automata has tons of beautiful tracks for all types of situations, and there's no such thing as "general boss theme".
>>
>>381897615
>Non-stop action and great pacing
>non-stop action
>in an RPG

I hope you get the worst form of cancer.
>>
>>381897891
>only likes 2-3 songs out of a soundtrack with over 40 beautiful tracks out of spite

You're just a hipster.

Hating a game because of the ""fanbase"" is idiotic. Neck yourself.
>>
>>381898034
>Automata has tons of beautiful tracks for all types of situations
I wouldn't call forgettable low tone tracks beautiful.
As for what I'm referring to a general boss theme:
I fucking double dare you to claim this wasn't used in almost every single fucking boss fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z49X4rpxdQE
>>
>dedicate entire adolescence to weird niche half-finished RPG
>immerse self in side works and short stories
>bend over backwards to defend it against perfectly justified criticism
>weird niche RPG gets a sequel thats better in every way
>normies like it
>tfw entire lifes work destroyed by normies liking the thing I felt unique for liking
>>
>>381898068

I think you need to tighten up that reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1478292598606.png (73KB, 158x344px) Image search: [Google]
1478292598606.png
73KB, 158x344px
The worst part about Automata, by FAR, is the fanbase it bought in.
Go check the Nier/Drakengard general in /vg/. It's almost entirely A2/9S/2B posting with the occasional very small burst of actual fucking discussion.
I FUCKING hate the effect 2B had on the fanbase, even pre-release. It became impossible to discuss the original because threads would inevitably devolve into POST 2BUTT.
Automata was a good game, very enjoyable.
I do prefer the original though.
>>
>>381898283
I'm not hating the game because of it's fanbase, I'm hating it because it was specifically MADE TO CATER TO THE WORST POSSIBLE FANBASE.
If you want waifu cancer go play your autistic fucking Neptunias.
>>
>>381898306

Wouldn't be as overused as Emil's or Kaine's themes. What's your point?
>>
>>381898306
>I fucking double dare you to claim this wasn't used in almost every single fucking boss fight
It was only used against one boss, one miniboss in side quest and during a factory segment where boss used a completely different, top-quality theme.
On top of that this track has 3 versions and they all are only used once.
Now crawl back into whatever hipster shithole you've crawled from.
>>
>>381898313
>better in every way
For a weeb faggot maybe
>>
>>381898437
>I'm hating it because it was specifically MADE TO CATER TO THE WORST POSSIBLE FANBASE.

It's hilarious you're complaining about this when Kaine exists.
>>
>>381897987
Even if it is so - she didnt even tried to explain what happened.
>>
>>381898421
The game is still new, give a couple of more months and it'll normalize. The same thing happens whenever any series gets a new entry.
>>
>>381898641
9S wouldn't listen.
>>
>>381898587
I don't see any Kaine circlejerks.
>>
>>381898421

Yeah and before that it was nothing but Kaine posting.

>>381898641

She did though, do you think 9S was ever going to listen? He was too far gone.
>>
>>381898719

That's because you weren't around for the first game, and are just pretending to have been, summer contrarian.
>>
>>381898641
>>381898707
9S is really fucking smart, he almost certainly already deduced that A2 wasn't trying to hurt 2B. With his light gone, he needed someone to hate.
>>
>>381898890
It doesn't help that personality number 9, for all its power and intellect, goes fucking mad if left alone.
>>
>>381898819

this

most threads were kaine x yonah yuri shit
>>
File: 1480559736700.gif (446KB, 352x177px) Image search: [Google]
1480559736700.gif
446KB, 352x177px
>>381898684
>Give it a couple of more months and it'll normalize.
But it was far, FAR better pre-release and a bit after release. It's very clearly getting worse as time goes on. It's becoming yet another awful waifu general on /vg/
>>381898740
Kaine posting was much less of a common thing compared to 2Butt. Kaine posting didn't dominate discussion before the game had even been fucking released. most People didn't buy Nier with their dick.
>>
>>381896372
>Platforming in NIER was solid and jumps felt precise

I'm replaying it RIGHT now, and I'm in the temple. All I gotta ask is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OfwhGQONbg
>>
>>381887357
Tomato's story / setting was awful because it violated one of the cardinal rules of fiction: never cross over fantasy with science fiction.

This is because fantasy focuses on world, magic, gods, and tradition. But science fiction focuses on planets instead of worlds, explainable science instead of magic, organized religion instead of gods, and sociology instead of tradition.

Crossing the two differing writing philosophies belongs only to teenager writers pumping out first time fan fiction, not production level scripts for major releases.
>>
>>381898819
Summer cuck calling me a summer contrarian, hillarious!
Just because I don't remember something means I wasn't there, by your logic if someone doesn't remember everything they did as a baby they're simply retarded.
And even then the attention would be more justified as you don't get many futa characters in non-Hgames. But I doubt you'd think of that considering you're part of the toaster-fucker community.
>>
File: 1406816943592.gif (190KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1406816943592.gif
190KB, 360x360px
>tfw you realise that City Ruins and War and War share some notes but have absolutely different theme and mood
Nier's OST was good but Automata is even better.
>>
>>381898421
it helps to just ignore and realize the normies hopping in on the 2butt thing.
>>
>>381897106
Not at all what I said, just pointing out something to that mong.
>>
>>381899254
But Nier already was that you palooka, just in reverse. Nier was a fantasy game that was (not so) secretly sci-fi and Automata is a sci-fi game that's (not so) secretly fantasy
>>
>>381899235
Do give me an in-game location and/or example of when it's not.
>>
File: nieratomato.jpg (109KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
nieratomato.jpg
109KB, 500x707px
>>381899163

I understand where you're coming from, but it's not even that bad now. We've had plenty of discussion threads in the last few days because of the Steam sale. Even /vg/ isn't that bad anymore. There's plenty of discussion about AI and other things as of late. The lewd posting has been pretty tame lately. Being this angry is so pointless, as most of the faggots have moved on to Persona 5.
>>
>>381899163
A2
>>
>>381899254
that's exactly what yoko taro wants to do with the medium. he challenges it
>>
>>381899454

read the post again for you answer
>>
>>381899254
Nier is barely science fiction.
Japs have a hard time grasping science fiction because to them it's merely a setting, not a genre.
>>
>>381899616
You mean the easy jumps on the sinking platforms?
>>
>>381899337
>using a buzzword like cuck out of context
>I was there - I just don't remember

yeah okay
>>
>>381899254
>Tomato's story / setting was awful because it violated one of the cardinal rules of fiction: never cross over fantasy with science fiction.

nigga have you PLAYED Nier?
>>
>>381899738
I can't prove that I was and you can't prove that I wasn't.
So let's just agree that Automata is shit and move on.
>>
>>381899254
>never cross over fantasy with science fiction

Hey early star wars was great, fuck you.
>>
>>381899820
You mean the very subtle hints about the tree and Weiss exclaiming that Devola and Popola aren't human?
OH MAN THAT'S SO OBVIOUSLY SCI-FI!
>>
>>381899254
Star Wars.

Now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>381899254

Strangely enough Automata is science fiction, there's no real magic except for the Emil boss fight, which is an element from the original game.

Tomato is almost exclusively sci-fi. Nier was more of the mix.
>>
>>381899983
No, he means the very end part on the game when all the fantasy elements and the overall plot of the game are revealed to be scifi.
>>
>>381887729
he's not even canon. the brother is
>>
>>381899983

You literally play an android surrounded by other androids and a magic wielding science experiment, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>381900184
Nier wasn't an android. Try again.
>>
>>381899983

Weiss = Magic
Nier = Sci-Fi
>>
>>381900184
>You literally play an android
Nier was not a fucking android
By your logic androids in Automata should be getting the black scrawl for one reason or another
>>
>>381900278
>>381900417

>Replicant Nier
>not an android
>>
>>381898421
this

january-early march was great then the whole thing just collapsed
>>
>>381900512
Because as we all know androids can fucking age.
Nice try on completely ignoring my second point, you really proved that your "argument" amounts to jack shit.
>>
>>381900417
>black scrawl

Wasn't that eradicated?

>>381900512

They're not exactly androids, but more like homunculus bodies. Close enough though, but the androids in Automata were more advanced.
>>
>>381899254

Nier had slight sci-fi influence, and Automata has barely any fantasy influence. The only occurrence of anything magical I can remember is fighting Emil.
>>
>>381899983
The game fucking opens in modern day Japan before were sped up into the future to planet of the shades world.
>>
>>381899254

Are you some sort of self-proclaimed professional author or some shit?
>>
>>381900923
No, but technically yes since all the humans died out. They never cured it since nier kills his own soul which was tethered to all other human souls, and nier is why humanity is extinct despite him (both soul and replicant body) only having the desire to help and want to save his daughter. It's why nier is so depressing
>>
>>381900065
But while its machines mimicking, the angel language from Drakengaard is everywhere, everyone holds their weapons with magic sigils (made of science). Its actually really neat how its a world with no magic but there once was and the influence is still there.
>>
File: 1482932304278.png (263KB, 686x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1482932304278.png
263KB, 686x1032px
I bet none of you played the other games
>>
File: 1360298856401.gif (164KB, 425x417px) Image search: [Google]
1360298856401.gif
164KB, 425x417px
I was high as a kite on the DUDE for the cult and ball boss at the end of the first playthrough. What a fucking experience.
>My face from start to fucking finish
>>
>>381899254

Outside of Emil, what in Automata was fantasy themed?
>>
>>381899254
But that sounds fucking radical you faggot.
>He doesn't want to fight a space dragon
You have the gay
>>
>>381901658
>Fighter jets > space dragons
>>
>>381901309
And knowing that humanity has been fucking dead all along makes swallowing this Automata shit that humans are living on the moon and giving orders to androids even harder.
Which is why I think that the people who like Automata are either new and have bad taste or are retards who played the original but failed to use their brain to add 2 and 2 together AND have shit taste.
>>
>>381887357
It was. Nier Automata played better and looked better. But ultimately its a shallow action game where as if it was a full on one this would shoot it far above Nier 1. But since its not Nier well playable is better from its characters music story and emotion scenes outplaying Nier Automata.
>>
>>381901382

AI
Gravity
Magnets
Materialization because science

I like how there's pretty much no inkling of magic. Only time the word is used is when fighting Emil.
>>
>>381901427
Drakengard 1 has aged horribly but is still fun.
Drakengard 2 is meh.
There is no Drakengard 3 as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>381899509
I will never ubderstand how people hace trouble talking about stuff when waifufags are around.

If you're bot confrontational and not going REEE WEEB WAIFUFAGS GET OUT, you can have perfectly fine diacuasion in parallel with these people.

Now if A2fags and couplefags for whatever they they call each other start having legitimate long winded shit flinging wars, THEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

I have never had a problem discussing something i like that has a sizeable waifufag population as long as nobody spergs out about it. Only in instances like Evangelion, where entering a thread puts you at risk for getting an aneurysm because those waifuwars resemble sectarian violence, Sunni Shiite split, Libtard vs Drumphtfag fights.

Lets not lose our shits lads.
>>
>>381901763
I think you can sort of believe humanity survived in some way even having played nier because the commander or one of the other high ranking yorha models mentions human DNA being stored that was kept and taken from the replicants. If my memory serves, I think that was mentioned in nier as well, so the concept of a clone generated humanity is feasible but hard to believe given the original game. You'd assume that several thousand years later the androids had figured out how to fix the black scrawl but then you learn they never did. So, I think it's feasible to think "oh look at these androids. Surely they can clone a human now!" until around ending C.
>>
File: they're both canon.jpg (1MB, 1920x3236px) Image search: [Google]
they're both canon.jpg
1MB, 1920x3236px
>>381900151
they're both canon
>>
>>381887357
I'm playing through Nier 1 and its got great characters and music, but its definitely not better. The casts and stories are so different that I see no reason why anyone but drooling retards would seek to compare them.

The only area where Nier 1>>>Automata is boss battles.
>>
>>381902261
It still doesn't make the whole "Hoomans on the moon" shtick believable though. And I wasn't even a tiny bit surprised when it turned out to be a lie.
Where I live finding niche games like Nier is damn near impossible so I searched like crazy to get a hard copy of Nier because I liked it so much. For Automata though...I pretty much forced myself to pirate and play it...it feels like so little effort was put into making it.
>>
File: 1489963034406.jpg (132KB, 655x655px) Image search: [Google]
1489963034406.jpg
132KB, 655x655px
>>381901943
there is literally nothing wrong with 3 aside from plot and framerate

in fact I daresay that it is the most fun game out of the four
>>
>>381887357
duly unimpressed by this game considering how much dicksucking it got here
not even mentioning the tutorial, but really its console thrash due to the camera...
>>
>>381903463
The DLC was pretty bad. I mean, One and Two had good stuff but holy fuck Taro went full jew mode.
>>
>>381903463
>there is literally nothing wrong with 3 aside from plot and framerate
>aside from plot and framerate
>aside from plot
>plot
You have no idea what makes Drakengard games good, do you...?
>>
File: animal_loving_machine.jpg (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
animal_loving_machine.jpg
21KB, 200x200px
I like to think
(it has to be!)
of a cybernetic ecology
where we are free of our labors
and joined back to nature,
returned to our mammal
brothers and sisters,
and all watched over
by machines of loving grace.
>>
>>381903745
what are you implying
>>
File: 1497286491036.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497286491036.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>A complaint /v/ has is that Automata made Nier and Yoko Taro games more popular
>>
>>381904107
You literally fucking said one of the bad things in Drakengard 3 was the plot, which is the main thing that made the other mechanically flawed Drakengard games good.
>>
>>381904429
Drakengard 2 had a far shittier plot imo
>>
>>381904429
yeah, it's so fucking retarded I had to turn my brain off so I could enjoy the gameplay and music

I absolutely love 3 but the story is dogshit
>>
>>381904426

Things always get worse the more popular they get.
>>
File: 1406283220271.gif (1MB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
1406283220271.gif
1MB, 499x281px
>contrarian gets BTFO multiple times and either stops replying to valid counter arguments or devolves to posting buzzwords like "cuck" out of sheer frustration
>>
I liked Nier's world better.

The amusement park is great in Automata, but it's so out of place.
>>
Automata is from a game design standpoint an objective improvement. Doesn't stop me from loving both games though
>>
>>381905397
>out of place
Nope.
It's merely another evolutionary branch created by N2, this time around the theme of love and happiness, and it gets fucked because of obsessive love Simone had to Sartre.
>>
>>381904618
It still has Caim though.
I don't see it being worse than le dragon piss joke.
>>
>>381905960
Yeah, probably because you haven't played it in a while. I'll take dragon piss over a story that is just fucking retarded and doesn't connect at all with 1, while shamelessly using all the shit Taro came up with.
>>
>>381905173
>BTFO
By what exactly? People posting stuff that isn't true in a desperate attempt to defend their shitty weeb waifu game?
Though it seems my shitposting inbetween dungeon queues has you triggered enough to keep it going so I must be doing something right :^)
>>
>>381906182
>Doesn't connect at all with 1
I mean it's been many years since I last replayed it but, isn't Drakengard 2 an offshoot of ending A?
>>
>>381906414
Nope, it doesn't connect to A or B but takes things from both.
>>
>>381893427
do you crash when trying to start new game on the title screen? i have the same problem.
>>
Drakengard 1 is the least fun game I've played, but the edge keeps me going.
At least it's short.
>>
>>381908125
I Have Painted The Dark of Yesterday...
Yet Another Crimson Day Awaits...
Answer Me, Goddess...
Where Is My Paradise?
My Enemies Scream In Silence...
From Their Ripped Lungs...
Their Eyes Fall Dark In My Shadow...
>>
File: 1490321119388.jpg (197KB, 925x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490321119388.jpg
197KB, 925x1200px
>>381898421

100% agree

I'd kind of be happy if even half of these dingdongs went back and played the other games, but I doubt that will happen.
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.